- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch square baking dish.
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- In the prepared baking dish, stir together the shredded potatoes and butter. Line the bottom and sides of the baking dish with the mixture. In a bowl, mix the sausage, Cheddar cheese, onion, cottage cheese, and eggs. Pour over the potato mixture.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the casserole comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 355.5 calories, Carbohydrate 7.9 g, Cholesterol 188.1 mg, Fat 26.3 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 21.6 g, SaturatedFat 13.3 g, Sodium 754.7 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
Cooking up a meal that satisfies everyone can be tricky, but this one-pot wonder full of humble ingredients is a simple, stunning dish that will make a big impression. One for the whole family.
Provided by Jamie Oliver
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place the sausages in a large non-stick casserole pan on a medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and brown for 10 minutes, turning regularly, then remove to a plate, leaving the pan on the heat. Meanwhile, peel the potatoes, chop into even-sized chunks and cook in a large pan of boiling salted water for 15 minutes, or until tender, then drain and leave to steam dry. Mash well with half the mustard, then season to perfection. Trim, wash and chop the carrots and leeks into 2cm chunks. Stir into the fat in the pan and cook for 15 minutes, or until softened, stirring regularly, and adding a splash of water, if needed. Stir the HP sauce and remaining mustard into the veg, then pour in the beans, juice and all. Add the tomatoes, breaking them up with the spoon, then stir in 1 tin's worth of water. Bring to the boil and cook for another 10 minutes, then season to perfection.
- Preheat the grill to high. Score the sausages at ½cm intervals and sit them cut side up in the stew. As soon as the mash is cool enough to handle, divide it into four compact balls, push them into the stew and brush with 2 tablespoons of oil. Grill on the top shelf of the oven for 15 minutes, or until golden and bubbling.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 673 calories, Fat 29.7 g fat, SaturatedFat 7.7 g saturated fat, Protein 30.8 g protein, Carbohydrate 68.8 g carbohydrate, Sugar 12.2 g sugar, Sodium 1.8 g salt, Fiber 15.3 g fibre
BREAKFAST SAUSAGE CASSEROLE
Assemble Trisha Yearwood's Breakfast Sausage Casserole recipe from Trisha's Southern Kitchen on Food Network; let it sit overnight, then bake it in the morning.
Provided by Trisha Yearwood
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cut the bread into 1-inch cubes and spread in the bottom of a greased 9- by 13- by 2- inch casserole dish.
- In a medium skillet, brown the sausage over medium heat until fully cooked and no longer pink. Remove the sausage with a slotted spoon to drain the fat. Spread the cooked sausage over the bread and top with the cheese. Then stir together the, half-and-half, dry mustard, salt and eggs. Pour this mixture over the cheese. Cover the casserole with aluminum foil and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- The next day, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake the covered casserole until set and slightly golden, about 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the casserole to set for 15 minutes before serving.
POTLUCK SAUSAGE CASSEROLE
Whenever my husband digs in to this pasta casserole full of Italian sausage and veggies, he gets a big smile on his face. I love that! -Jane Davis, Marion, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente; drain and transfer to greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain and remove from pan., In same skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot, oregano, salt and pepper; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add zucchini, mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir 6-8 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender., Stir in tomato sauce, pasta sauce and sausage; pour over pasta. Sprinkle with cheese (dish will be full). Cover casserole with a piece of foil coated with cooking spray. Bake 10 minutes. Uncover; bake until golden brown and cheese is melted, 15-20 minutes longer. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 408 calories, Fat 19g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 42mg cholesterol, Sodium 1104mg sodium, Carbohydrate 44g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 18g protein.
CHEAP AND EASY SAUSAGE CASSEROLE
This is a really economical meal that's quick to prepare. You can experiment with different types of sausages but I have found that the plainest, cheapest ones work the best as they absorb the flavour and don't overpower the other ingredients.
Provided by Newiegirl
Yield 4 bowls, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oil in a frypan and cook the onion. Add the onion to a saucepan or oven proof casserole dish.
- Brown sausages in frypan. Slice the sausages and add to onion.
- Add the can of tomatoes, paprika, barbeque sauce and water.
- Simmer over medium heat until sausages are cooked through - about 5 - 10 minutes. If sauce does not thicken by itself, add the flour.
- Alternatively after step 3 place into casserole dish and bake in oven until hot.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, pasta or crusty bread.
JOLEAN'S ITALIAN SAUSAGE CASSEROLE
My Mom used to make this for us, after she was just a little too old to stand in the kitchen for too long...It was one of her favorites that was easy to make, yet tasted like good old-fashioned comfort food...Sure do miss my Mom!!!
Provided by Stacky5
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a 2 quart, ungreased casserole dish, layer twice: 1/2 cooked macaroni, 1/2 cooked sausage, then 1/2 sauce, 1/2 mushrooms, 1/2 shredded cheese. Do the same layering again.
- Sprinkle Romano cheese on top.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes, until cheese is slightly browned and casserole is bubbly.
POTATO SAUSAGE CASSEROLE
The subtle spices in this sausage potato casserole give it a distinctive flavor that my family has loved for years. Not only is this hearty casserole a great main dish on your dinner table, it also reheats nicely. -Mrs. Fred Osborn, Thayer, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking it into crumbles; drain and set aside. Combine soup, milk, onion, salt and pepper. , In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, layer half the potatoes, soup mixture and sausage. Repeat layers. , Cover and bake until potatoes are tender, 60-65 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes. If desired, garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 430 calories, Fat 29g fat (15g saturated fat), Cholesterol 77mg cholesterol, Sodium 1130mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 17g protein.
SIMPLE SAUSAGE CASSEROLE
This very simple casserole is made with sausage, cream cheese, and crescent roll dough. If you have hectic mornings, you can bake it at night and just cut and reheat portions the next morning in the microwave.
Provided by MOM3TCB
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease the bottom of a 9x11 inch baking dish.
- Cook the sausage in a skillet over medium heat until crumbly and beginning to brown; drain. Stir the cream cheese into the cooked sausage.
- Roll the dough from one can of crescent rolls into the bottom of the prepared baking dish without separating. Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes. Spread the sausage mixture over the baked crescent rolls; top the sausage mixture with the remaining can of rolls. Return to oven and bake until the top layer is golden brown, about 8 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 617.8 calories, Carbohydrate 30.9 g, Cholesterol 84.9 mg, Fat 45.4 g, Protein 18.4 g, SaturatedFat 17.9 g, Sodium 1373.6 mg, Sugar 5.4 g
More about "sausage casserole recipes"
10 BEST SAUSAGE DINNER CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SAUSAGE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - BUDGET BYTES
EASY SAUSAGE CASSEROLE BREAKFAST RECIPE (CHEESY!)- DINNER, THEN …
8 EASY SAUSAGE CASSEROLE RECIPES - OLIVEMAGAZINE
SAUSAGE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
SAUSAGE CASSEROLE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
HUNGARIAN SAUSAGE AND POTATO CASSEROLE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SAUSAGE CASSEROLE RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
SAUSAGE AND RICE CASSEROLE - WELL PLATED BY ERIN
40 EASY RECIPES WITH SAUSAGE | MYRECIPES
10 BEST ITALIAN SAUSAGE CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
16 BAKED SAUSAGE AND CASSEROLE RECIPES | AUSTRALIAN WOMEN'S …
34 BEST SAUSAGE CASSEROLE RECIPES - DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
SAUSAGE AND RICE CASSEROLE - JULIAS SIMPLY SOUTHERN
EASY SAUSAGE CASSEROLE RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
HEARTY SAUSAGE CASSEROLE | SLIMMING EATS RECIPES
HEALTHY SAUSAGE CASSEROLE RECIPES | EATINGWELL
FRUGAL SAUSAGE CASSEROLE - STAY AT HOME MUM
TOP 5 FAMILY SAUSAGE CASSEROLE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
SAUSAGE CASSEROLE RECIPES - BBC FOOD
OVERNIGHT SAUSAGE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - HEAVENLY HOME COOKING
SAUSAGE CASSEROLE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
THE BEST 4 INGREDIENT SAUSAGE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
SAUSAGE CASSEROLE RECIPE | FOOD TO LOVE
SHAQUILLE O'NEAL'S TURKEY SAUSAGE, VEGETABLE & BISCUIT CASSEROLE …
EASY SAUSAGE CASSEROLE - SOMETHING SWEET SOMETHING SAVOURY
EASY SAUSAGE AND RICE CASSEROLE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
"COUNTRY COMFORT" SMOKED SAUSAGE CASSEROLE - THE SEASONED MOM
SAUSAGE CASSEROLE | DINNER RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
SAUSAGE EGG AND POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE - A COWBOYS LIFE
SAUSAGE AND CABBAGE CASSEROLE - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
SAUSAGE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - THE COOKIE ROOKIE®
BEST EVER EASY SAUSAGE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE RECIPE
SAUSAGE CASSEROLE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
HAIRY BIKERS SAUSAGE CASSEROLE | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL …
SAUSAGE EGG CASSEROLE - THE BAKERMAMA
SAUSAGE POTATO CASSEROLE - GONNA WANT SECONDS
SAUSAGE CASSEROLE - BEST-EVER SAUSAGE CASSEROLE RECIPE
EASY SAUSAGE CASSEROLE RECIPE | STEP BY STEP PICTURES, TIPS & VIDEO
SAUSAGE AND RICE CASSEROLE - COPYKAT RECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #main-ingredient #preparation #casseroles #oven #meat #equipment
You'll also love