- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. When oil shimmers, add asparagus, salt, and pepper. Saute, stirring frequently, until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in lemon zest and cook 1 minute more.
- Add lemon juice to skillet and stir a few times. Remove from heat, transfer to a serving platter, and shave Parmesan over top. Serve immediately.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until they begin to soften, about 1 minute. Add the asparagus and season with 1 teaspoon salt and some pepper. Cook the asparagus, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but still bright green, about 4 minutes. Transfer the asparagus to a platter and garnish with lemon zest.
- Snap off the woody ends of 2 bunches medium asparagus; discard. Slice the spears diagonally into 2-inch pieces. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; add the asparagus and cook until tender but still bright green, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and toss with the juice of 1 lemon. Top with 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds, and lemon zest to taste.
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium. Add asparagus, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp-tender, 10 to 15 minutes, depending on thickness. Add lemon zest and cook 1 minute. Add lemon juice, toss to coat, and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 91 g, Fat 4 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 5 g
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS WITH MUSHROOMS
Look no further for a quick and easy sauteed asparagus recipe. This dish gets a little extra kick from Greek seasoning. - Shawn Barto, Winter Garden, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large skillet, heat drippings over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until tender, 10-12 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds and Greek seasoning; heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 84 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 252mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein. Diabetic exchanges
ASPARAGUS BEEF SAUTE
I love filet mignon but not its price, so I came up with a recipe for more affordable beef tenderloin tail. Now I cook it once a week, plus my husband loves taking the leftovers to work. -Linda Flynn, Ellicott City, Maryland
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Toss beef with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute beef 2 minutes. Add garlic and green onion; cook and stir until beef is browned, 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan., In same skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute asparagus and mushrooms until asparagus is crisp-tender. Add beef, soy sauce and lemon juice; heat through, tossing to combine. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 328 calories, Fat 22g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 80mg cholesterol, Sodium 540mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 28g protein.
- Trim the woody ends from the base of the asparagus spears by cutting off the bottom 2 inches or by snapping it off with your hands.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add the asparagus in a single layer and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly golden and almost tender, 8 to 10 minutes. (Cut a small piece from the end of one asparagus to see if it's near tender.)
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the butter, garlic, salt and pepper and stir to coat the asparagus. Cook until the garlic is softened and fragrant, 1 to 2 more minutes. Immediately transfer to a serving plate.
- Just before serving, squeeze the juice from the lemon half over the asparagus and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- Drizzle olive oil into a large skillet over medium-high heat and heat. Once oil is hot add asparagus spears; cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water and cover to steam asparagus and keep it from drying out. Continue cooking for another 5 minutes or until asparagus is tender. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 83.6 calories, Carbohydrate 4.4 g, Fat 6.9 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 75.4 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
SAUTEED GARLIC ASPARAGUS
- Melt the butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and asparagus spears; cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until asparagus is tender. If you like your asparagus well done, reduce heat and cook an additional 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 102.4 calories, Carbohydrate 5.2 g, Cholesterol 22.9 mg, Fat 8.8 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 2.7 g, SaturatedFat 5.5 g, Sodium 64 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
REALLY TASTY SAUTEED FRESH ASPARAGUS
Asparagus is the most under-used side dish veggie on the market, IMHO. These seasonings will bump it up for you significantly -- I get a LOT of compliments on this recipe from friends and family. The truth is, I use exactly these same seasonings on my Ospidillo Cafe Brussells Sprouts. Enjoy!
Provided by Bone Man
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Trim the Asparagus: You can do this by grabbing each end and snapping it -- it will break off the tough part. You keep the flower end for cooking and refrigerate/store the larger ends as a great ingredient for vegetable stock on some other occasion. If the asparagus is young enough and pencil-sized, you probably won't need to trim it at all.
- Clean the asparagus under cool, running water.
- In a large no-stick skillet, over medium heat, lay in the asparagus, melt the butter, add in the lemon juice, pour in the chicken stock, and pepper lightly with the ground white pepper. The seasoned salt and Mrs. Dash can also be added at this time.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and allow the asparagus to sautee for about 20-25 minutes until tender, moving it around with a fork once in awhile.
- At the table, some folks like some melted cheese (Velveeta or other good melting cheese) over the asparagus while others enjoy some malt vinegar (or just a little good-quality balsamic vinegar) on it. I like it plain.
- Serve hot.
This is a quick and easy dish that could be served any night of the week. It is also elegant enough to be served at a dinner party. I think the flavor combination of asparagus and mushrooms best accompanies beef, but you could serve with any meat of your choice. This dish could also be served over brown or white rice as a main dish vegan alternative (Note: This would reduce the number of servings from four to two).
Provided by MarthaStewartWanabe
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- To prepare asparagus, snap off the fibrous end of each spear and slice each diagonally into 2-inch pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until glistening.
- Add all ingredients to skillet; toss to combine.
- Cover skillet and saute for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until asparagus and mushrooms are tender. (Note: We like our asparagus crisp. If you prefer a more tender texture, cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.).
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 92.8, Fat 7.1, SaturatedFat 1, Sodium 163.3, Carbohydrate 6.3, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 1.9, Protein 3.4
More about "sauteed asparagus recipes"
15+ SAUTéED ASPARAGUS RECIPES | EATINGWELL
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS (BEST RECIPE WITH GARLIC BUTTER!)
SAUTéED ASPARAGUS WITH BUTTER & PARMESAN - RECIPE
BEST STEAMED ASPARAGUS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS: THE BEST RECIPE! - SHE LOVES BISCOTTI
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS RECIPE WITH PANCETTA (BEST …
PERFECT ROASTED ASPARAGUS RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC – EASY ASPARAGUS RECIPE
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS (FAST & EASY!) – A COUPLE COOKS
10 BEST ASPARAGUS RECIPES | YUMMLY
ULTIMATE SAUTEED VEGETABLES – A COUPLE COOKS
HOW TO MAKE PAN-ROASTED ASPARAGUS: OUT OF THE FIRE AND
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS - DINNER AT THE ZOO
SAUTéED ASPARAGUS RECIPE (QUICK AND EASY) | KITCHN
ASPARAGUS RECIPES | YUMMLY
SAUTéED ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC BREADCRUMBS - COOKIN CANUCK
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS RECIPE WITH LEMON & GARLIC | WHOLESOME YUM
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS RECIPE | COOKING CHANNEL
BEST OVEN-ROASTED ASPARAGUS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ROASTED …
EASY SAUTéED ASPARAGUS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SWEET SAUTéED ASPARAGUS | FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
BEST SAUTEED ASPARAGUS RECIPE - HOW TO SAUTE ASPARAGUS
SAUTEED BROCCOLI AND ASPARAGUS WITH PARMESAN - BAREFEET IN THE …
SAUTéED ASPARAGUS - CULINARY HILL
THE BEST SAUTéED ASPARAGUS RECIPE - MOMSDISH
SAUTéED ASPARAGUS - THE ALMOND EATER
HOW TO COOK ASPARAGUS - AHEAD OF THYME
SAUTéED ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON, GARLIC AND ALMONDS - THE …
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS WITH BUTTER AND PARMESAN - RECIPE GIRL
SAUTéED ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON & GARLIC - KYLEE COOKS
QUICK AND EASY SAUTéED ASPARAGUS - AHEAD OF THYME
HOW TO COOK ASPARAGUS (6 EASY METHODS) - JESSICA GAVIN
SAUTéED ASPARAGUS RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
SAUTéED GARLIC ASPARAGUS WITH BACON - THE RECIPE CRITIC
BEST SAUTEED ASPARAGUS - PERSNICKETY PLATES
CREAMY SAUTEED ASPARAGUS - FLAVCITY WITH BOBBY PARRISH
BEST SAUTEED ASPARAGUS RECIPES | QUICK AND EASY | FOOD …
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #5-ingredients-or-less #side-dishes #vegetables #easy #beginner-cook #vegetarian #stove-top #dietary #asparagus #equipment #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love