SCALLOP AND BACON KABOBS
This recipe is wonderful served over rice with a salad and some bread. The sweetness of the scallops is perfect with the pineapple. Great summertime recipe. Marinating time is not included in prep and cook time.
Provided by breezermom
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Place the scallops, pineapple pieces, and vegetables in a large shallow container. Combine the remaining ingredients except the bacon. Stir well and pour the mixture over the scallops. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring frequently.
- Cook the bacon until limp but not browned. Drain and set aside.
- Remove the scallops, pineapple and vegetables from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Alternate with the bacon on the skewers. (If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least an hour).
- Grill the kabobs over hot coals for 10 to 12 minutes (basting frequently), or until the bacon is crisp. Turn and baste frequently with the marinade.
SCALLOPS WRAPPED IN BACON
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the bacon strips on the parchment paper and bake until just beginning to get golden around the edges but still very pliable, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Season the scallops on all sides with the Essence and salt. Wrap each scallop in 1 piece of the bacon, securing it through the center with a bamboo skewer. Repeat with the remaining scallops.
- When the grill is hot, brush the grates lightly with oil, then place the scallops on the grill and cook, turning frequently, until just cooked through about 7 minutes total. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper to taste. Garnish each scallop with a dab of the butter and serve immediately.
- Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch
- Published by William Morrow, 1993.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
SCALLOPS WITH BACON
- Soak skewers in bowl of water. Drain. Wrap 1/2 slice bacon around scallop and place on skewer. In small bowl combine honey, vinegar, mustard and olive oil. Brush onto scallops and bacon. Place on baking pan and broil for 3-4 minutes per side or until crispy. Serve.
SCALLOP AND BACON KEBABS
- Brush scallops with vegetable oil.
- Dip in bread crumbs.
- Skewer scallops alternately with bacon squares.
- Grill over moderate heat 10 minutes or until golden brown;.
- -OR-Broil 4 inches from heat source, turning several times during the cooking period.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts :
"I'm always on the lookout for recipes that are lower in fat and heart-healthy, too. These kabobs fill the bill. I like to serve them with a fruit salad and a light dessert." Edie DeSpain - Logan, UT
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add scallops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 20 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting., Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Add peppers; cover and boil for 2 minutes. Drain and immediately place peppers in ice water. Drain and pat dry., Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the tomatoes, scallops and peppers., Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until scallops are firm and opaque, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 238 calories, Fat 7g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 56mg cholesterol, Sodium 624mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH BACON
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-low heat, and add bacon. Cook slowly, stirring frequently, until brown and crisp, about 8 minutes. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon, and transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Drain excess fat, leaving a thin coat on bottom of pan. Increase heat to medium, add scallops to pan, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until golden brown and opaque, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer scallops to the serving dish, and add shallots to pan. When shallots are translucent, add white wine; scrape browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Cook until liquid is reduced by half, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in butter, and pour over scallops; top with reserved bacon. Serve over ribbon zucchini.
MARINATED SCALLOPS WRAPPED IN BACON
- Stir together maple syrup, soy sauce, and Dijon mustard in a bowl until smooth. Add the scallops, and toss to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Arrange bacon pieces on baking sheet so they do not overlap. Bake in preheated oven until some of the grease has rendered out of the bacon; the bacon should still be very soft and pliable, about 8 minutes. Remove bacon from the baking sheet and pat with paper towels to remove excess grease. Drain or wipe grease from the baking sheet.
- Wrap each scallop piece with a piece of bacon, and secure with a toothpick. Place onto baking sheet. Sprinkle the scallops with brown sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven until the scallops are opaque and the bacon is crisp, 10 to 15 minutes, turning once.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 83.1 calories, Carbohydrate 9.1 g, Cholesterol 17.2 mg, Fat 2.1 g, Protein 6.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 269.7 mg, Sugar 7 g
SPECIAL SEAFOOD KABOBS
Grilling might become a year-round affair when you taste these scrumptious kabobs from Marie Rizzio of Interlochen, Michigan. This elegant entrée combines plump shrimp, tender swordfish and scallops with chunks of veggies and pineapple.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add the swordfish, scallops and shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting., Drain and discard marinade. Wrap a bacon piece around each scallop. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the scallops, swordfish, shrimp, vegetables and pineapple., Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill seafood, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish just turns opaque, shrimp turn pink, and scallops are firm and opaque, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. ,
Nutrition Facts : Calories 382 calories, Fat 20g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 110mg cholesterol, Sodium 709mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 33g protein.
More about "scallop and bacon kabobs recipes"
SCALLOP AND BACON KABOBS | HEALTHY RECIPES | WW CANADA
Servings 4Total Time 18 mins
- To assemble kabobs, using 2 skewers held parallel, about 1 inch apart, thread the end of one bacon strip onto skewers. Add a scallop and flip long end of bacon over scallop and skewer it into place. Add a cucumber slice and a tomato; flip long end of bacon over tomato and skewer it into place. Add another scallop and flip bacon over scallop. Add a cucumber slice and a tomato; flip bacon over tomato again and skewer it into place. Continue process—threading on another slice of bacon when necessary—until each skewer is complete with 3 scallops, 3 cucumber slices, 3 tomatoes and 2 strips of bacon. Repeat entire process with remaining skewers and ingredients to yield 4 kabobs. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place kabobs on grill pan and broil (or grill) for 4 minutes on one side; turn kabobs and cook until bacon is cooked and scallops just begin to turn golden, about 4 minutes more. Serve with lemon wedges. Yields 1 kabob per serving.
SCALLOP-BACON KABOBS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
SCALLOP, BASIL, AND PROSCIUTTO KEBABS - SARA MOULTON
EASY BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS - PINCH AND SWIRL
SCALLOP AND BACON KABOBS RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | KABOB …
BEST GRILLED SHRIMP AND SCALLOP KABOBS - 2 SISTERS RECIPES BY …
SCALLOP AND BACON KABOBS (WW) - BIGOVEN.COM
3 WAYS TO MAKE SCALLOP KEBABS - WIKIHOW
BACON WRAPPED SCALLOP SKEWERS - TRUE NORTH SEAFOOD
BEST AMERICAN RECIPES: SCALLOP AND BACON KABOBS
EASY BACON WRAPPED GRILLED SCALLOP KABOBS
GRILLED BACON-WRAPPED SCALLOPS RECIPE - CHATELAINE
6 BACON-WRAPPED SCALLOP RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE | ALLRECIPES
BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS | FRESH RECIPES NZ
10 BEST SCALLOPS BACON PASTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
SCALLOP AND BACON KABOBS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
HERB MARINATED BBQ SCALLOP & BACON SKEWERS (KEBABS)
BACON WRAPPED SCALLOP - KABOBS - BUY / ORDER ONLINE
OLD BAY SCALLOP KABOBS - MCCORMICK
PINEAPPLE-SCALLOP KABOBS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS (BROIL, GRILL OR AIR FRY) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
BBQ BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS - CRISPY BACON + BIG CREAMY SCALLOPS
BACON WRAPPED SCALLOP SKEWERS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
RECIPETHING - SCALLOP AND BACON KABOBS
SCALLOPS WITH BACON AND GARLIC | SAINSBURY'S RECIPES
EASY BACON-WRAPPED SCALLOPS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BACON WRAPPED SCALLOP SKEWERS | SCALLOP RECIPES, RECIPES, GRILLED ...
SCALLOP AND BACON KABOBS
BBQ SCALLOPS IN BACON - THE HEDGECOMBERS
BACON SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE - DAMN DELICIOUS
BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS RECIPE IN THE OVEN | WHOLESOME YUM
BACON-WRAPPED SEAFOOD KABOBS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
SEAFOOD > SCALLOP KABOBS
GRILLED BACON WRAPPED SCALLOP SKEWERS - CREATE THE MOST …
SCALLOP AND BACON KABOBS RECIPE | YUMMLY | RECIPE | KABOB …
SCALLOP KABOBS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - FOOD NEWS
RECIPE FOR SCALLOPS KABOBS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS (COOKED IN 10 MINUTES!) - RASA MALAYSIA
#bacon #weeknight #60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #fruit #pork #seafood #american #southern-united-states #summer #seasonal #scallops #tropical-fruit #pineapple #meat #shellfish #grilling #presentation #served-hot #technique
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook scallops and bacon on a skewers?Soak skewers in bowl of water. Drain. Wrap 1/2 slice bacon around scallop and place on skewer. In small bowl combine honey, vinegar, mustard and olive oil. Brush onto scallops and bacon. Place on baking pan and broil for 3-4 minutes per side or until crispy. Serve.
How to cook scallops and bacon on the grill?Place in oven and bake until rice is tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. When the grill is hot, brush the grates lightly with oil, then place the scallops on the grill and cook, turning frequently, approximately 3-4 minutes on each side, or until the bacon is done.
How do you cook kabobs on a charcoal grill?Grill the kabobs over hot coals for 10 to 12 minutes (basting frequently), or until the bacon is crisp. Turn and baste frequently with the marinade. “This recipe is wonderful served over rice with a salad and some bread. The sweetness of the scallops is perfect with the pineapple. Great summertime recipe.
How do you cook pork kabobs in a marinade?Remove the scallops, pineapple and vegetables from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Alternate with the bacon on the skewers. (If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least an hour). Grill the kabobs over hot coals for 10 to 12 minutes (basting frequently), or until the bacon is crisp. Turn and baste frequently with the marinade.