SCALLOPS WITH WHITE WINE SAUCE II
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- In a skillet over medium heat, mix the chicken broth, wine, lemon juice, shallot, and garlic. Cook and stir until most of the liquid has been reduced. Stir in the butter until melted.
- Brush the scallops with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Arrange on a baking sheet.
- Broil the scallops in the preheated oven about 2 minutes on each side, or until opaque. Serve with the wine sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 297.7 calories, Carbohydrate 7.8 g, Cholesterol 99.1 mg, Fat 16 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 28.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.8 g, Sodium 3123.6 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
SCALLOPS WITH MUSHROOMS & WHITE WINE (COQUILLES ST JACQUES PARISIENNE)
- For the potatoes, boil them until tender. Drain them, put them back in the pan and dry them for 1-2 minutes over a low heat. Take off the heat and mash the potatoes with the butter, nutmeg, salt and pepper, then beat over a low heat until fluffy. Take the potatoes off the heat and beat in the egg yolks to thicken. Adjust the seasoning. Let the purée cool slightly, then spoon it into a large plastic sandwich bag with a 2cm/3⁄4in cut in a corner (or piping bag with a plain nozzle) and pipe a generous border of potato around each scallop shell.
- Discard the white muscle from each scallop and cut any large scallops horizontally in half. Heat the fish stock and wine in a pan, add the scallops, cover and poach 1-2 minutes until the scallops just whiten (remember that they will cook further in the sauce). Transfer them to a bowl, reserving the stock separately.
- Cook the mushrooms, covered, with the lemon juice, salt and pepper, in a thin film of water until tender, about 5-7 minutes. If any liquid remains, simmer uncovered until it has evaporated. Add the mushrooms to the scallops.
- For the sauce, boil the reserved stock for 10 minutes until reduced to 450ml/16 fl oz. Fry the shallots in the butter until soft, 1-2 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook until it's foaming. Whisk in the stock and bring to a boil, whisking, then simmer until the sauce thickens to coat a spoon, 3-5 minutes. Add the crème fraîche and any liquid released by the scallops, and simmer until the sauce reaches coating consistency. Season.
- Heat the oven to 200C/Gas 6/fan 180C. Stir the scallops and mushrooms into the sauce and spoon into the shells. (Can be prepared ahead to this stage and kept in the fridge for 6-8 hours.) Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and melted butter. Set the shells on a baking sheet, steadying them on a slice of bread or a bed of foil. Bake until browned and bubbling, 12-15 minutes. Serve very hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 527 calories, Fat 29 grams fat, SaturatedFat 15 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 32 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 30 grams protein, Sodium 1.32 milligram of sodium
SCALLOPS WITH MUSHROOMS IN WHITE-WINE SAUCE
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toast bread crumbs on a baking sheet in middle of oven until pale golden, 6 to 8 minutes, then toss with cheese.
- Simmer wine, water, onion, bay leaf, salt, and pepper in a 2 1/2- to 3-quart heavy saucepan, uncovered, 5 minutes, then add scallops and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer scallops to a platter with a slotted spoon to cool, returning any onions to pan, then boil cooking liquid until reduced to about 1 cup, 8 to 10 minutes. Pour cooking liquid through a sieve into a bowl.
- Cook mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter in a 10- to 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until most of liquid mushrooms give off is evaporated, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together cream and yolk in a heatproof bowl. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in cleaned 2 1/2- to 3-quart saucepan over moderately low heat, then add flour and cook roux, whisking, 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat and add reduced cooking liquid in a stream, whisking constantly. Return pan to heat and simmer, whisking, 1 minute. Pour sauce in a slow stream into cream mixture, whisking constantly, then pour sauce back into pan and simmer, whisking, 1 minute. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat broiler.
- Stir scallops and mushrooms into sauce, then divide among scallop shells or ramekins and sprinkle with bread crumb mixture. If using shells, spread kosher salt evenly in a large shallow baking pan, then nestle shells in salt. Dot scallops with remaining 2 tablespoons butter, then broil about 4 inches from heat until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Available at Bridge Kitchenware (800-274-3435)
SAVORY SEA SCALLOPS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE
This is such an easy dish but with great end results! I serve it with a pasta such as my Recipe #55679. Yummy!
Provided by polly salama
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over high heat.
- When oil begins to smoke add scallops.
- Sear each side for one minute or until each side is golden brown.
- Add 1/2 cup of wine and lower heat to medium.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove scallops from pan.
- Add remaining wine and lemon juice,and garlic.
- Bring to a boil and reduce by half.
- Add butter, parsley and season with pepper.
- Place scallops on a plate and smother with sauce.
SCALLOPS WITH WHITE WINE SAUCE I
- In a medium saucepan, combine white wine, wine vinegar, and shallots. Cook until liquid is almost evaporated, approximately 1 tablespoon left. Stir in heavy cream and let boil down until reduced by half. Stir in butter 1 tablespoon at a time, allowing each to melt before adding the next. Keep warm while preparing the scallops.
- Preheat oven on broiler setting.
- Brush scallops with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place under preheated broiler for 2 minutes on each side, until scallops are opaque, with a bit of brown around the edges. Place a spoonful of sauce on each plate, and top with 4 scallops.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 354.4 calories, Carbohydrate 2.5 g, Cholesterol 108 mg, Fat 33.1 g, Protein 10.8 g, SaturatedFat 19.5 g, Sodium 269.4 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
SEARED SCALLOPS IN MUSHROOM WHITE WINE SAUCE
- Spray the scallops lightly with oil. Heat a large, heavy-bottomed nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add the scallops and sear until browned on both sides. Add the mushrooms and saute until cooked. Use a slotted spoon to put on a plate.
- Pour the wine into the skillet, add the thyme and cook, stirring, until reduced by half. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place the scallop mixture back into the pan and coat with the sauce. Divide among 4 plates and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 130, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 7 grams, Fat 2 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 16 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 501 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
COQUILLES ST. JACQUES (SCALLOPS WITH MUSHROOMS IN CREAM SAUCE)
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a saucepan and add the shallots. Cook briefly, stirring, and add the mushrooms. Cook until wilted and add the salt, pepper, and wine. Add the scallops and bring to the boil. Cook until all the scallops are heated through, stirring gently as necessary. Take care not to let the scallops overcook or they will toughen. Using a slotted spoon, remove and set aside the scallops and mushrooms. Reserve the liquid. There should be about 3/4 cup of liquid. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan and add the flour, stirring rapidly with a wire whisk. When blended add the reserved liquid, stirring until thickened and smooth. Add the milk and 1 cup of the cream. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and a pinch of cayenne. Whip the remaining 2 tablespoons of heavy cream. Fold it into the sauce. Use 6 individual scallop shells or ramekins. Spoon equal portions of the scallops and mushrooms into each shell. Spoon the sauce over the scallop mixture. Preheat the broiler to high. Place the filled shells under the broiler about 6 inches from the source of heat and bake until a nice brown glaze forms on top. As the scallops broil, turn shells occasionally for even browning, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
SCALLOPS WITH WHITE WINE SAUCE
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and cook the shallots for 2 minutes. Add the wine and vinegar and bring to a simmer. Cook liquid until it starts to thicken. Stir in the heavy cream and simmer for 4 minutes. Stir in the parsley, salt, pepper and scallops. Simmer the scallops for about two minutes or until they are a milky white. Serve immediately with rice pilaf.
SCALLOPS BONNE FEMME (SCALLOPS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE)
- in a large skillet over med high heat melt butter and cook onion until tender.
- add scallops and mushrooms wine and lemon juice.
- reduce ehat to medium low cover and cook until scallops arejust tender about 15 minutes stir occasionally.
- in a small bowl blend flour salt and half and half gradually stir into scallop mixture cook until thickened.
- serve with parmesan on top and sprinkled with parsley.
More about "scallops with mushrooms in white wine sauce recipes"
SCALLOP SPAGHETTI IN WHITE WINE SAUCE - JULIA'S ALBUM
10 BEST SCALLOPS WITH WHITE WINE CREAM SAUCE RECIPES …
PAN FRIED SCALLOPS WITH WHITE WINE GARLIC SAUCE - SIMPLY …
SCALLOPS & MUSHROOMS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE — SALT + LEISURE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SCALLOPS IN LEMON WINE SAUCE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
BAKED SCALLOPS IN WINE SAUCE - THE 5 TASTES TABLE
SCALLOPS WITH MUSHROOMS IN WHITE-WINE SAUCE - PESCATARIAN RECIPES
SCALLOPS AND MUSHROOMS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE | VISIT A WINERY
SCALLOPS AND MUSHROOMS IN WINE SAUCE - RECIPE GOLDMINE
COQUILLES ST JACQUES WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPES - EASY RECIPES
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
"MUSHROOM SCALLOPS LINGUINE" IN WHITE WINE BUTTER SAUCE
SCALLOPS, LENTILS AND MUSHROOMS WITH CREAMY MISO SAUCE - RICARDO
SEARCHABLE RECIPE DATABASE - SCALLOPS WITH MUSHROOMS IN WHITE …
SCALLOPS AND MUSHROOMS IN WINE SAUCE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
OYSTER MUSHROOM SCALLOPS WITH WHITE WINE BUTTER SAUCE - CHAR …
SCALLOPS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE – YEP YUMMY
VEGAN KING OYSTER MUSHROOM SCALLOPS IN WHITE WINE BUTTER SAUCE
SCALLOPS & MUSHROOMS IN WINE SAUCE – NANA'S RECIPES
SCALLOPS WITH A WHITE WINE-MUSHROOM SAUCE OVER PASTA
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
SCALLOPS AND MUSHROOMS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE OVER CRèME FRAîCHE …
VEGAN SCALLOPS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SCALLOPS WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE - URBAN BAKES
SCALLOPS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
SCALLOPS AND MUSHROOMS IN WINE SAUCE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
GRILLED SCALLOPS IN WHITE WINE BUTTER SAUCE - VINDULGE
SCALLOPS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE MUSHROOMS | VISIT A WINERY
BAKED SCALLOPS WITH CHEESE AND WINE SAUCE - COOKING MELANGERY
10 BEST SCALLOPS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE WITH PASTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook scallops with wine?Heat a large, heavy-bottomed nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add the scallops and sear until browned on both sides. Add the mushrooms and saute until cooked. Use a slotted spoon to put on a plate. Pour the wine into the skillet, add the thyme and cook, stirring, until reduced by half. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
How to cook scallops and mushrooms on the grill?Cook briefly, stirring, and add the mushrooms. Cook until wilted and add the salt, pepper, and wine. Add the scallops and bring to the boil. Cook until all the scallops are heated through, stirring gently as necessary. Take care not to let the scallops overcook or they will toughen.
What is a good sauce for scallops?"White wine, butter, and shallots make a great sauce for scallops. This is easy and non-creamy for those that don't like cream sauces." Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
How to cook scallops on the stove top?Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil, about 1 turn around the pan and 2 tablespoons of the butter. When butter melts into oil, add scallops. Brown scallops 2 minutes on each side, then remove from pan and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.