SEA TURTLE ICE CREAM CAKE
Scoops of mint-chocolate-chip ice cream form the shell of this cool sea turtle. Peeking out through white candy eyes (with chocolate pupils) and flashing a black-licorice grin, this is one turtle who is not too shy to come to the party. For the decorating technique, see our step-by-step photos.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes one 10-inch cake
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with plastic wrap. Scoop out 2 1/2 quarts mint-chocolate-chip ice cream (about thirty-five 1 1/2-ounce scoops), and place on prepared baking sheet; refreeze for at least 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soften remaining 1 quart mint-chocolate-chip ice cream; set aside. Line a 12-cup bowl with plastic wrap; freeze briefly, then fill with the scoops of ice cream, rounded side down, to extend beyond rim (fill in gaps with extra).
- Place cake, flat-side up, over ice cream scoops, then spread softened mint-chocolate-chip ice cream on top using an offset spatula. Cover with plastic wrap, and refreeze for at least 4 hours.
- Unmold ice cream cake onto a serving platter. Using a 2 1/2-ounce ice cream scoop, carve a niche into the edge of the turtle shell; nestle a scoop of chocolate ice cream into niche for the head. Decorate head using black licorice for the mouth and nose and white candy for the eyes (using the blunt end of a skewer, dot melted chocolate onto the white candies for pupils). Tuck chocolate-mint wafers under cake for feet. Serve immediately.
CHOCOLATE TURTLE CAKE
No wonder this is a bake sale winner! Devil's food cake sandwiches caramel, pecans and, yes, more chocolate in the middle. Yum.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease or spray bottom of 13x9-inch pan.
- Make cake batter as directed on box. Pour half of the batter into pan. Bake 22 minutes. Refrigerate remaining batter.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, heat caramels and evaporated milk over medium heat, stirring frequently, until caramels are melted. Stir in pecans. Pour caramel mixture over warm cake in pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Spread with remaining batter. Bake 25 to 28 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. Cool at least 30 minutes. Serve with ice cream, drizzle with toppings and sprinkle with pecans. Store loosely covered.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310, Carbohydrate 40 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Fat 3, Fiber 1 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 250 mg, Sugar 24 g, TransFat 0 g
OREO ULTIMATE TURTLES® CHEESECAKE
When we say 'ultimate,' we mean it. This delectable cheesecake boasts an OREO Cookie crust topped with a nutty layer of caramel and a classic cheesecake filling. Drizzles of melted chocolate and caramel-pecan sauce finish it off in style.
Provided by Oreo
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix cookie crumbs and butter; press onto bottom and 2 inches up side of 9-inch springform pan.
- Microwave caramels and milk in a microwaveable bowl on high for 3 minutes or until caramels are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after each minute. Stir in nuts; pour half into crust. Refrigerate 10 minutes. Refrigerate remaining caramel mixture for later use.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with mixer until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over caramel layer in crust.
- Bake 1 hour 5 minutes to 1 hour 10 minutes or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours.
- Microwave reserved caramel mixture 1 minute; stir. Pour over cheesecake. Melt chocolate; drizzle over cheesecake.
TURTLES® CAKE I
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9x13 inch pan.
- Mix cake mix according to package directions. Pour a little less than half of the batter into prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) remove from oven.
- Melt caramels, margarine, and milk in the microwave on high (takes about 10 minutes), stirring a couple times. Or alternately melt in a sauce pan over medium low heat. Pour melted caramel mixture over cake, sprinkle with pecans, and chocolate chips, and pour remaining cake batter over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 to 35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270.2 calories, Carbohydrate 35.5 g, Cholesterol 18.1 mg, Fat 14.1 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 2.9 g, SaturatedFat 6.3 g, Sodium 246.3 mg, Sugar 25.7 g
LAYERED TURTLE CHEESECAKE
After receiving a request for a special turtle cheesecake and not finding a good recipe, I created my own. Everyone is thrilled with the results and this cheesecake remains a favorite at the coffee shop where I work. -Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. , In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and pecans; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack., In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugars until smooth. Beat in 1/4 cup flour, cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Remove 1 cup batter to a small bowl; stir in melted chocolate. Spread over crust., In another bowl, mix caramel topping and remaining flour; stir in pecans. Drop by tablespoonfuls over chocolate batter. Top with remaining batter. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan., Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight., For ganache, place chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chips; whisk until smooth. Cool slightly, stirring occasionally. , Remove sides of springform pan. Spread ganache over cheesecake; sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate until set. If desired, drizzle with additional caramel topping before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 664 calories, Fat 46g fat (25g saturated fat), Cholesterol 182mg cholesterol, Sodium 330mg sodium, Carbohydrate 55g carbohydrate (36g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 11g protein.
AIMS' TURTLE SUNDAE
I love Turtles candy and I am a fan of adding nuts to desserts so I came up with my version of a turtle sundae just like a local ice cream shop would make. I had all of the ingredients on hand and it was very delicious and satifying either with or without cool whip. If you are making this for more people, just duplicate & follow the directions for each person.
Provided by i_luv_chocolate
Categories Ice Cream
Yield 1 sundae, 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Scoop out ice cream into a small bowl.
- Drizzle with both chocolate and caramel syrups.
- Top with pecans and mini chocolate chips.
- Lastly, top with Cool Whip and Enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230.3, Fat 22.1, SaturatedFat 3.8, Cholesterol 0.4, Sodium 13.5, Carbohydrate 8.2, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 5.5, Protein 3.1
I found this on the back of a cake mix box. I liked this recipe because it didn't require a German Chocolate Cake base. It's easy to prepare and seems like you spent a lot more prep time than you actually did. ;)
Provided by Chicagopm
Yield 1 cake
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Pour half of the prepared cake mix into the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, place unwrapped caramels in a saucepan.
- Add 1/2 cup evaporated milk.
- Heat on low, stirring until caramels have melted.
- Remove cake from oven and pour melted caramel mixture on top of the cake.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans and chocolate chips on top of caramel layer.
- Press down lightly.
- Pour remaining half of prepared cake mix on top of the filling layer.
- Bake an additional 30 minutes.
- After removing cake from the oven, let the cake cool slightly (approx. 5- 10 minutes).
- Run a knife around the edges of the pan to loosen the cake.
- This is an important step- otherwise you'll have a tough time removing the pieces later!
- Store at room temperature.
- Note: Please see your cake mix box for exact amounts of vegetable oil, water and eggs.
More about "sea turtle ice cream cake recipes"
ULTIMATE TURTLE DESSERT RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
5/5 (2)Category Ice Cream, Caramel, DessertServings 20Calories 340 per serving
- Combine all crust ingredients in bowl. Press onto bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan. Freeze 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup pecans over crust. Microwave 3/4 cup caramel topping in bowl, 20-30 seconds or, until warm. Drizzle over pecans. Microwave 1/2 cup fudge topping in bowl, 20-30 seconds or, until warm. Drizzle over caramel. Cover completely with half of ice cream; freeze 30 minutes.
- Repeat layer with 1/2 cup pecans, 3/4 cup caramel topping, 1/2 cup fudge topping and remaining ice cream, slightly heating both toppings, if necessary. Freeze 2 hours or overnight until set.
- Place each serving on individual plate or in shallow bowl. Microwave both remaining toppings in bowls 30-60 seconds or until warm. Drizzle each serving with ice cream toppings. Top each with dollop of whipped cream. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
TURTLES ICE CREAM - IGA
OLAF COOKING SEA TURTLE ICE CREAM CAKE - FROZEN …
10 BEST TURTLE DESSERT RECIPES | YUMMLY
TURTLE CHOCOLATE LAYER CAKE - LIFE LOVE AND SUGAR
10 BEST TURTLE MEAT RECIPES | YUMMLY
VEGAN TURTLE ICE CREAM CAKE | FRAGRANT VANILLA CAKE
AMAZING NO CHURN TURTLE ICE CREAM
TURTLE ICE CREAM CAKE RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
5/5 Total Time 18 minsServings 15-18Calories 525 per serving
RAW DIRTY TURTLE ICE CREAM | FRAGRANT VANILLA CAKE
TURTLE CAKE WITH SEA SALT CARAMEL SAUCE - KARO
TURTLE CUPCAKES - BEYOND FROSTING
CARAMEL CRUNCH ICE CREAM SUNDAE - SIMPLY STACIE
40+ AMAZING ICE CREAM SUNDAES FOR INDULGING YOUR SWEET TOOTH
TURTLE CAKE - RECIPE - THE ANSWER IS CAKE
PECAN CARAMEL TURTLE CANDY BARS | EASY SALTED CARAMEL CANDY RECIPE
SMITHS SEALED LEMON POPPYSEED PREMIUM ICE CREAM » SMITH DAIRY
TURTLE PECAN BARS | THE RECIPE CRITIC
HOW TO MAKE A SEA TURTLE BIRTHDAY CAKE USING WOOLWORTHS MUD …
BEAUTIFUL SEA TURTLE CAKE « CAKES! CAKES! CAKES! - WONDERHOWTO
TURTLE CHEESECAKE - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
TURTLE TRACKS ICE CREAM : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
TRIPLE LAYER ICE CREAM CAKE - SIMPLE LIVING. CREATIVE LEARNING
SALTED CHOCOLATE + CARAMEL ICE CREAM CAKE | RECIPE - PINTEREST
CARAMEL PECAN TURTLE CHEESECAKE - THE MOMMY MOUSE CLUBHOUSE
TURTLE PIE RECIPE : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
12 BEST TURTLE ICE CREAM IDEAS | WATERMELON CARVING, TURTLE
EASY SEA TURTLE SNACK FOR KIDS | FOODTALK - FOODTALKDAILY.COM
TURTLE CAKE – CAN'T STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN
TURTLE CAKE - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
TURTLE ICE CREAM CAKE RECIPES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
EASY NO-CHURN ICE CREAM - HEATHERS HOME BAKERY
TURTLE RICE KRISPIE TREATS - SPEND WITH PENNIES
SEA SALT TURTLE BROWNIES - DESSERTS REQUIRED
NO-BAKE CARAMEL TURTLE CHEESECAKE - SPRINKLE SOME SUGAR
You'll also love