SEARED SHRIMP SALAD
This light and refreshing salad makes for a perfect warm-weather meal when avocados are in season. Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, "Emeril 20-40-60 Fresh Food Fast," HarperStudio Publishers, New York, 2009, courtesy Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine the orange juice, lime juice, honey, 1/2 teaspoon of the crushed red pepper, the soy sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt in a small nonreactive bowl. Whisk to blend. In a slow, steady stream, whisk in the 1/4 cup olive oil. Set the vinaigrette aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining olive oil in a 12- inch saute pan over medium-high heat. In a bowl, toss the shrimp with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper. Add the shrimp to the pan, in two batches if necessary, and cook until they have curled and are just cooked through, 2 minutes on each side. Transfer the shrimp to a paper towel-lined plate and reserve.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the greens, oranges, red onion, and pinch of salt. Whisk the vinaigrette, and add 3 tablespoons to the salad. Toss lightly to combine, and then divide the salad among four serving plates. Take 3 to 4 slices of the avocado and fan them out on top of each salad. Divide the shrimp evenly among the salads. Drizzle a little more vinaigrette over the shrimp and avocado, and serve immediately.
SEARED SHRIMP SALAD WITH SAUTEED RAMPS AND "PICKLE" VINAIGRETTE
- 2 oranges, skinned and broken into sections
- Make the dressing: In a bowl, combine the white wine vinegar, lemon juice, honey and mustard. Whisk to blend. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Slowly whisk in the olive oil and the vegetable oil. Stir in the pickle slices and taste for seasoning. Set aside.
- Cook the shrimp: Heat a large skillet, over medium heat, and add the vegetable oil. Season the shrimp on both sides with salt and pepper, to taste. When the oil begins to smoke lightly, add the shrimp, in a single layer. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes and then turn them on the other side. Cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the shrimp, and a little bit of the oil from the pan, to a bowl. Drizzle them with some of the dressing and set aside.
- Cook the ramps: In a large skillet, add the olive oil and the ramps and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook over high heat for 30 seconds, stirring constantly, to wilt the ramps. Cook for an additional minute and then transfer them to a bowl.
- Arrange the ramps on 4 plates and drizzle with remaining dressing. (Or, alternatively, on a large serving platter.) Top each serving with some shrimp and sections of orange. Serve immediately.
ARUGULA SALAD WITH SEARED SHRIMP AND ROASTED RED BELL PEPPER VINAIGRETTE
Provided by Guy Fieri
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- For dressing: Puree red bell pepper, add vinegars and garlic. Add olive oil. Add salt and pepper, to taste, but keep in mind that arugula is peppery, so light on the pepper.
- For Shrimp: Toss the shrimp with olive oil and minced garlic. Sear in a hot pan, until just cooked. Set aside.
- Assembly: Place arugula on serving plate, drizzle with a little dressing, add shrimp, and top with pecorino romano and Parmesan. Drizzle with just a bit more dressing. Serve immediately.
Garlic, parsley and wine punch up the buttery flavor of this simple shrimp recipe and give it a decadent and special feel. Party-pretty and perfect for drop-in dinner guests! Patricia Zartman - York, PA
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large skillet, saute shrimp and garlic in oil for 3 minutes. Add wine and seasoning; cook and stir 3-5 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with rice; sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 262 calories, Fat 9g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 138mg cholesterol, Sodium 238mg sodium, Carbohydrate 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SEARED SHRIMP WITH CUCUMBER SALAD
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together cucumber, onion, jalapeno, hearts of palm, orange juice, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Dust shrimp with cumin, coriander, and oregano; season with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over high heat.
- Add half the shrimp; cook until browned on both sides and opaque in the center, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate; repeat with remaining 2 teaspoons oil and shrimp.
- To serve, spoon shrimp over cucumber salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 195 g, Fat 7 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 25 g
SEARED SHRIMP AND AVOCADO SALAD RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: private selection argentine shrimp, olive oil, garlic, kosher salt, pepper, lemon zest, mesclun greens, quinoa, cherry tomato, avocado, chickpeas, scallions, shallot, apple cider vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, kosher salt, pepper, olive oil
Provided by Rachel Gaewski
Yield 3 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Add the shrimp to a mesh strainer set in a bowl of cool water and let sit for about 10 minutes to defrost.
- In a medium bowl, combine the defrosted shrimp, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and lemon zest. Toss until the shrimp are well coated.
- Heat a medium pan over medium heat. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook for about 1 minute on each side, until pink, opaque, and firm. Remove from the pan and set aside to cool.
- Make the vinaigrette: In a liquid measuring cup, combine the shallot, vinegar, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper. Whisk until fully incorporated. While whisking, slowly stream in the olive oil until completely emulsified.
- To assemble the salad, add the mesclun greens to a large bowl. Top with the cooked shrimp, quinoa, cherry tomatoes, avocado, chickpeas, and green onions. Drizzle with the vinaigrette, then toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 685 calories, Carbohydrate 35 grams, Fat 51 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 22 grams, Sugar 10 grams
ROASTED SHRIMP & VEGGIE SALAD RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: cherry tomato, shredded carrot, yellow bell pepper, red onion, asparagus, shrimp, olive oil, chili powder, fresh oregano, salt, pepper, lime juice, mixed greens, lime juice, olive oil, honey, chili powder, salt, pepper
Provided by Mercedes Sandoval
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Add cut vegetables to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle in olive oil and sprinkle with seasonings to your preference. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Move veggies to the side to make space in the center of the baking sheet and add shrimp in a single layer.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with seasonings and lime juice to your preference. Bake for 5-8 minutes, until shrimp is fully cooked. Be careful not to overcook.
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- In a large salad bowl, combine mixed greens, roasted shrimp, veggies, and vinaigrette dressing together.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 668 calories, Carbohydrate 47 grams, Fat 32 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 52 grams, Sugar 27 grams
SEARED SHRIMP WITH WARM NEW POTATO SALAD
- Mix shrimp, 1 tablespoon oil, thyme, lemon peel and garlic in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes or refrigerate up to 2 hours.
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water just until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain. Transfer potatoes to bowl; cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add shrimp mixture and cook just until shrimp are cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer shrimp to plate. Add wine to skillet and boil until reduced by half, about 1 minute. Remove from heat; add 1 tablespoon oil and 2 tablespoons lemon juice to wine in skillet and stir to blend. Pour dressing over potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix greens, remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in large bowl. Divide greens among 4 plates. Place potatoes in center of greens. Top with shrimp. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and lemon wedges and serve.
More about "seared shrimp salad recipes"
THE GALVESTON DIET: RECIPE FOR SEARED SHRIMP SALAD
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SHRIMP SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST PAN SEARED SHRIMP RECIPES | YUMMLY
SEARED TUNA SALAD WITH BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE - PACIFIC SEAFOOD
PAN-SEARED CITRUS SHRIMP RECIPE - FOODIECRUSH
SHRIMP CHEF SALAD RECIPE - ADD A PINCH
SEARED SHRIMP AVOCADO SALAD WITH STRAWBERRIES & JICAMA
CARIBBEAN SHRIMP SALAD WITH KEY LIME VINAIGRETTE - SUMPTUOUS …
10 BEST SHRIMP SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
WARM LENTIL SALAD WITH SEARED SHRIMP RECIPE
12 EASY SHRIMP SALADS READY IN ABOUT 30 MINUTES - ALLRECIPES
A SMARTER WAY TO PAN-SEAR SHRIMP - COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
SEARED SHRIMP SALAD - BIGOVEN
PAN-SAUTéED LEMON-GARLIC SHRIMP SALAD RECIPE | COOKING …
BEST SHRIMP SALAD RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE SHRIMP SALAD - DELISH
CITRUS SHRIMP AVOCADO SALAD RECIPE - ADD A PINCH
SEARED SHRIMP & PEARL COUSCOUS SALAD MEAL KIT DELIVERY | GOODFOOD
BEST SHRIMP SALAD RECIPE - A WELL SEASONED KITCHEN
SEARED SHRIMP SALAD WITH AVOCADO RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
SEARED SHRIMP SALAD WITH WOK DRESSING | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
SEARED SHRIMP RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CITRUS SHRIMP SALAD WITH AVOCADO | FOODIECRUSH.COM
SEARED SHRIMP SALAD WITH WARM ANDOUILLE DRESSING RECIPE | EMERIL ...
20 BEST SHRIMP SALAD RECIPES - LIFE, FAMILY & FUN
EASY LEMON SHRIMP SALAD - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
CLASSIC GREEK SALAD WITH SHRIMP RECIPE - MYGOURMETCONNECTION
ZESTY SHRIMP SALAD - A FAMILY FEAST®
SEARED SHRIMP SALAD WITH SAUTEED RAMPS AND “PICKLE” VINAIGRETTE
15+ DIABETES-FRIENDLY LOW-CARB DINNER RECIPES IN 30 MINUTES
SHRIMP AND SALAD RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
VIETNAMESE SHRIMP SALAD - LOVE & GOOD STUFF
EASY PAN SEARED BUTTERY SHRIMP RECIPE AND VIDEO - EAT SIMPLE FOOD
SEARED SHRIMP SALAD | EMERILS.COM
PAN SEARED MAHI MAHI RECIPE (WITH TOMATO-CUCUMBER SALAD)
YOU’LL WANT TO EAT MARTHA STEWART’S SEARED SHRIMP SALAD …
CREAMY SHRIMP SALAD - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
SUNNY SEARED SHRIMP AND SPINACH SALAD - HUNGRY HAPPENINGS
SEARED SHRIMP SKEWERS AND PASTA SALAD - MEAL KIT DELIVERY
RECIPE | VONS
THAI SHRIMP SALAD WITH PEANUT DRESSING - WILL COOK FOR SMILES
You'll also love