- In a mixing bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sherry, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, and red pepper flakes.
- Place salmon in a glass baking dish and pour soy sauce mixture over salmon. Cover, and chill for at least 2 hours, turning once halfway through.
- Once salmon has chilled, place on a heated broiler pan and broil 4" from the heat (or can use the grill) for about 5 minutes on each side, or until the fish is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and chopped green onion just before serving.
- Wash and dry salmon and sprinkle sesame seeds on the top.
- Measure fish at its thickest point, and cook 8 to 10 minutes to the inch. Heat oil in nonstick skillet, place salmon bottom side down and cook over medium heat. Turn and saute until fish is cooked through and sesame seeds are brown.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 341, UnsaturatedFat 15 grams, Carbohydrate 1 gram, Fat 24 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 30 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 84 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams
SESAME GRILLED SALMON
- Whisk soy sauce, honey, ginger, and garlic together in a bowl until marinade is evenly mixed. Set aside 1/4 of the marinade.
- Place salmon fillets in shallow dish; pour the remaining marinade over the salmon. Cover dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove salmon from marinade, shaking to remove excess marinade, and place, skin-side up, into the hot oil; cook for 4 minutes. Discard unused marinade in the shallow dish. Flip salmon and drizzle the reserved 1/4 of the marinade over salmon; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, 5 to 7 minutes. Flip salmon, remove skin, and cook 1 minute more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 406 calories, Carbohydrate 14.7 g, Cholesterol 111.5 mg, Fat 18.5 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 43.7 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 1878.6 mg, Sugar 13 g
SESAME SALMON FILLET
"A tangy honey mustard sauce and sesame seeds dress up salmon," offers Karen Gorman of Gunnison, Colorado.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour, turning once. , Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and onions.
Nutrition Facts :
SESAME ASIAN SALMON RECIPE
Enjoy this Sesame Asian Salmon Recipe with a stir-fried vegetable medley. This Asian salmon recipe is a low-cal, low-sodium dish great for weeknights!
Provided by My Food and Family
Categories Vegetable Recipes
Yield Makes 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 450ºF.
- Reserve 2 Tbsp. dressing for later use. Place fish on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray; brush with remaining dressing.
- Bake 12 to 15 min. or until fish flakes easily with fork. Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add next 3 ingredients; cook and stir 4 min. or until crisp-tender. Remove from heat; stir in reserved dressing.
- Spoon cooked vegetables onto serving plate; top with fish and onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 240, Fat 11 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Sodium 210 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 24 g
GINGER SESAME SALMON
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F or grill to medium-high.
- Center one-fourth of onion slices and carrots on each sheet of Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil. Top with salmon. Sprinkle with ginger; drizzle with vinegar and oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Repeat to make four packets.
- Bake 16 to 20 minutes on a cookie sheet in oven.
- OR grill 14 to 16 minutes in covered grill.
- Serve salmon and carrots on a bed of spinach. Sprinkle with additional seasoned rice vinegar, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 202.1 calories, Carbohydrate 5.9 g, Cholesterol 50.4 mg, Fat 8.1 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 25.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 141 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
BROILED SESAME SALMON
My mom clipped this recipe out of the Chronicle years ago and it's been a family favorite ever since! It's SO easy and quick to make and is SO delicious that even people who think they don't like salmon will LOVE it. Just remember not to over-cook the salmon. It should be dark pink and slightly translucent in the center. I've found if I take it out of the oven when it still looks only half done, it's perfect by the time I serve it.
Provided by Christina P.
Categories Very Low Carbs
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- To make marinade, in a small bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, syrup, lemon juice, and ginger; whisk to blend.
- Place salmon pieces in a nonreactive (not aluminum) container.
- Pour marinade over them and turn to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat broiler. Spray a nonstick broiler pan with olive oil.
- Place salmon, skin side up, on pan and transfer marinade to a small saucepan.
- Broil salmon 4 inches from heat for 4 minutes. Meanwhile, bring marinade to a boil; simmer 2 minutes.
- Turn salmon, baste with marinade, sprinkle with sesame seeds and broil another 4 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Fish and marinade can be served hot, at room temperature or chilled. Spoon a tablespoon of boiled marinade over each piece; garnish with green onion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 208, Fat 7.4, SaturatedFat 1.3, Cholesterol 65.4, Sodium 861.8, Carbohydrate 3, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 1.4, Protein 31
SALMON WITH SESAME AND HERBS
The easy-to-memorize marinade for this fast broiled salmon hits all the right notes: salty, sweet and sour. The fish emerges from the oven with caramelized, crisp skin, which contrasts nicely with a salad of fresh parsley or cilantro (or both), tossed with sesame oil and rice wine vinegar. Close contact with the intense heat will help crisp up the skin, while keeping the rest of the fish tender and flaky. To avoid overcooking the salmon, be sure to buy fillets that are at least 1 inch thick, and keep an eye on the fish.
Provided by Alison Roman
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine soy sauce, light brown sugar and 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar in a wide, shallow bowl (or small baking dish) and season with salt and plenty of black pepper. Place salmon skin-side up in the marinade and let sit for at least 20 minutes, or up to 2 hours.
- Place a rack in the top third of the oven and heat the broiler.
- Place salmon skin-side up on a foil-lined baking sheet; discard the marinade. Transfer to oven and broil until the salmon is cooked through and the skin is bubbling and lightly crisped, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the sesame seeds in a small skillet over medium heat, tossing frequently until seeds are golden brown and fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Toss shallot rings with remaining 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Let sit for a minute or two to lightly pickle, then add the sesame seeds, herbs and sesame oil and toss to combine.
- Transfer salmon to a large serving platter and spoon the remaining marinade from the sheet pan over the fillets. Top with sesame and herb salad and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 410, UnsaturatedFat 16 grams, Carbohydrate 13 grams, Fat 25 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 32 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 553 milligrams, Sugar 8 grams
SESAME SALMON SPREAD
Alaska is known for its salmon, and this is one of our favorite appetizers. I pack the spread and crackers in our picnic lunch when my husband and I head out to harvest wood, which we do several times a year. We look forward to getting wood just to have this special treat!-Sandy Sanford, Anchorage, Alaska
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2-1/2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and lemon juice until fluffy. Add the salmon, sour cream, garlic, sesame seeds, Liquid Smoke if desired, cilantro, parsley, dill, salt and pepper; beat until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 82 calories, Fat 6g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 24mg cholesterol, Sodium 177mg sodium, Carbohydrate 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 5g protein.
More about "sesame topped salmon recipes"
SESAME CRUSTED SALMON - RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (23)Total Time 20 minsCategory MainsCalories 598 per serving
- Preheat oven to 220C/430F (standard) or 200C/390F (fan). Place shelf about 20cm/8" from the broiler heat source at the top of the oven.
- Place sesame in shallow dish. Press salmon into sesame seeds to coat on all sides. Place on tray.
SESAME SEARED SALMON | FISH RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
SESAME CRUSTED SALMON — FINEST AT SEA OCEAN PRODUCTS LTD.
ORANGE-SESAME GLAZED SALMON | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
SESAME GRILLED SALMON - NINJA TEST KITCHEN
SESAME GINGER SALMON - DAMN DELICIOUS
SESAME SALMON WITH EVERYTHING BAGEL SEASONING - THIS …
THE MOST DELICIOUS SESAME CRUSTED SALMON RECIPE
SESAME-CRUSTED SALMON RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
SESAME MUSTARD SALMON WITH CRISPY TOPPING | CANADIAN …
TOASTED SESAME GINGER SALMON - INQUIRING CHEF
SPICY SESAME SALMON - SLENDER KITCHEN
PAN-ROASTED SESAME SALMON RECIPE | EATINGWELL
EASY GINGER SESAME SALMON (ASIAN-INSPIRED) - THE WOODEN SKILLET
HONEY GLAZED SESAME SALMON - LAUREN'S LATEST
TOASTED-SESAME SALMON - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
OVEN BAKED SESAME SALMON - SIMPLE SEASONAL
SESAME CRUSTED TERIYAKI SALMON RECIPE - PUPS WITH CHOPSTICKS
BEST SESAME CRUSTED SALMON WITH ROASTED PEPPER SALSA RECIPES
SEARED SESAME-CRUSTED SALMON RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ASIAN SESAME SALMON | HEALTHY DINNER - THIS DELICIOUS HOUSE
EASY MAPLE SESAME SALMON - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
SESAME-CRUSTED SALMON - THYME FOR COOKING KITCHEN
SESAME BAKED SALMON - THERESCIPES.INFO
HONEY SESAME SALMON RECIPE | TILDA
SESAME GLAZED SALMON AND GREEN BEANS - BUDGET BYTES
STICKY SESAME ALASKA SALMON TACO - WILD ALASKA SEAFOOD
THE SESAME CRUSTED SALMON YOU DIDN’T KNOW YOU NEEDED
EASY SESAME GARLIC SALMON – IMMAEATTHAT
CRISPY SESAME CRUSTED SALMON - LITTLE PINE KITCHEN
SMOKY CHOPPED SESAME GINGER SALMON SALAD RECIPE - LITTLE SPICE …
SESAME SALMON RECIPE | MYRECIPES
EASY HONEY SESAME SALMON IN FOIL - CAFE DELITES
BAKED SESAME TERIYAKI SALMON | THE RECIPE CRITIC
EASY SESAME GINGER BAKED SALMON - LENA'S KITCHEN
SESAME GINGER SALMON IN FOIL RECIPE - KITCHEN SWAGGER
SESAME GINGER BAKED SALMON IN FOIL RECIPE | LITTLE SPICE JAR
MISO SALMON - DINNER AT THE ZOO
SESAME SALMON (PALEO) - EVERY LAST BITE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook salmon with sesame seeds?Place sesame in shallow dish. Press salmon into sesame seeds to coat on all sides. Place on tray. Drizzle top with oil. Bake for 10 minutes.
How to cook salmon fillets in soy sauce?Whisk soy sauce, honey, ginger, and garlic together in a bowl until marinade is evenly mixed. Set aside 1/4 of the marinade. Place salmon fillets in shallow dish; pour the remaining marinade over the salmon. Cover dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 5 minutes. Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
How much sesame oil do you put on a salmon fillet?2 tablespoons sesame oil 2 tablespoons brown sugar 2 cloves garlic, pressed 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger 1 tablespoon sesame seeds 4 green onions, thinly sliced 4 (5-ounce) salmon filets For the Honey Ginger Glaze 2 tablespoons honey 1 teaspoon soy sauce 1 teaspoon sesame oil 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha, or more, to taste
What is the best way to cook salmon fillets?Whisk soy sauce, honey, ginger, and garlic together in a bowl until marinade is evenly mixed. Place salmon fillets in shallow dish; pour the remaining marinade over the salmon. Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.