GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN
To recreate this beloved dish, we've reduced the fat content by not frying the chicken and cut the sodium by using reduced-sodium soy sauce. Serve with steamed baby bok choy or sautéed spinach and steamed brown rice.
Provided by Breana Lai Killeen, M.P.H., RD
Categories Healthy Chicken Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine 4 tablespoons cornstarch, 1 tablespoon each soy sauce and rice wine (or sherry) and egg white in a bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat.
- Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon each cornstarch, soy sauce and rice wine (or sherry), water, hoisin and rice vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wok or large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add the chicken; cook without turning, breaking up stuck-together pieces, until golden on the bottom, 2 minutes. Stir; continue cooking until golden on all sides, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, scallions and garlic. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add peas; cook, stirring often, until bright green, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the reserved sauce mixture; cook, stirring, until thick, about 1 minute. Return the chicken to the pan; cook, stirring, until heated through, about 1 minute more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 364 calories, Carbohydrate 20.3 g, Cholesterol 75.8 mg, Fat 19.2 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 24.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.1 g, Sodium 523.8 mg, Sugar 5.4 g
SHEET-PAN GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN
With this easy sheet-pan recipe, you get all the flavor of General Tso's chicken, just without the frying, the breading, or the splattering all over your stove! Sweet, slightly spicy and umami-rich, this Chinese-restaurant classic is just as good (or perhaps, even better) when made at home. Serve it up on a bed of rice, and you won't miss the take-out version one bit!
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spray large rimmed sheet pan with cooking spray. Pour melted butter in pan, and tip pan side to side to spread evenly. In small bowl, mix salt, pepper, garlic powder and ginger. Rub salt mixture on chicken thighs, and place in pan. Roast 15 minutes; turn.
- In large bowl, mix soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, chili garlic sauce and sesame oil. Add broccoli florets; toss to coat. Using slotted spoon, place florets in single layer around chicken. Brush chicken with remaining soy mixture left in bowl.
- Roast 8 to 12 minutes longer or until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut (at least 165°F) and broccoli is tender. Top with green onions and sesame seed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340, Carbohydrate 9 g, Cholesterol 160 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 2 g, Protein 32 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, ServingSize About 1 1/2 Thighs and 1/2 Cup Broccoli, Sodium 890 mg, Sugar 4 g, TransFat 0 g
EASY GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss green beans with 1 Tbsp. oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, tossing once halfway through, until crisp-tender and blackened in spots, 12-15 minutes.
- Whisk cornstarch, 1 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper in a large bowl. Heat 3 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over high. Add chicken to cornstarch mixture and toss to coat. Cook half of chicken, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and a light brown crust forms, 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix honey, soy sauce, garlic, vinegar, Sriracha, tomato paste, ginger, 3 Tbsp. water, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper in a medium bowl.
- Transfer chicken to a plate. Heat remaining 3 Tbsp. oil in skillet over high. Cook remaining chicken 5 minutes, then add chiles (you can add a few more depending on your heat preference) and cook, stirring and making sure chiles make contact with bottom of pan, until chicken is cooked through and chiles have toasted and puffed, about 1 minute more. Stir in honey mixture. Return first batch of chicken to skillet, toss to coat, and cook until sauce is reduced and thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Divide chicken and green beans among plates. Top with scallions. Serve with rice alongside.
BAKED GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN
General Tso's Chicken is Ree's favorite Chinese takeout dish. Typically prepared by deep frying dark meat chicken pieces before tossing in a sweet and spicy sauce, Ree is changing it up by coating chicken breast pieces in panko and baking them until crispy, skipping the frying. Paired with a simple sauce based on the classic flavors, you will be able to have takeout at home any time.
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- For the crispy chicken: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Set a rack on a sheet tray and spray with cooking spray.
- Place the flour in a wide shallow dish. Whisk together the soy sauce and eggs in another wide, shallow dish. Place the panko breadcrumbs in a third wide, shallow dish.
- Working in batches, dip the chicken pieces first in the flour, then in the egg mixture and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Place the chicken pieces on the rack, leaving space between each piece. Spray with cooking spray. Bake until crispy and golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- For the sauce. Meanwhile, whisk together the chicken broth, hoisin, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sriracha and cornstarch; set aside.
- Place a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the sesame oil. Add the ginger, pepper flakes and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the rice wine mixture, bring to a simmer and allow to thicken. Add the crispy chicken and toss to coat. Serve immediately with rice and garnish with sliced scallions.
EASY GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN
Get all the flavors of your favorite Chinese restaurant in the comfort of your own kitchen with this quick budget-friendly recipe.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In small bowl, mix chili garlic sauce, sugar and vinegar; set aside. In large bowl, mix flour and cornstarch with whisk; set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat egg white and soy sauce. Add chicken; toss to coat. Transfer chicken a few pieces at a time to bowl with flour mixture; toss to coat, then transfer to plate. Discard any leftover extra egg mixture and flour mixture.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken to skillet; cook 6 to 7 minutes, turning once, until chicken is crispy and browned on outside. If pieces of chicken stick together, break apart with spatula.
- Add broccoli to skillet; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until broccoli is softened and browned on edges, and chicken is no longer pink in center. Add chili garlic sauce mixture to pan; cook 1 to 2 minutes longer, stirring until mixture is thoroughly coated. Stir in green onions.
- Divide rice among 4 bowls. Divide chicken mixture over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370, Carbohydrate 48 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 2 g, Protein 21 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 670 mg, Sugar 12 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "sheet pan general tsos chicken recipes"
9X13 LIFE: MAKE GENERAL TSO’S CHICKEN IN A DISPOSABLE …
5/5 (4)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 4-6
SHEET PAN GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN - BIGOVEN.COM
Reviews 1Servings 4Cuisine Not SetCategory Main Dish
GENERAL TSO’S CHICKEN - SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
HOMEMADE GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN RECIPE - HOW SWEET EATS
10 BEST GENERAL TSO CHICKEN VEGETABLES RECIPES - YUMMLY
GENERAL TSO’S CHICKEN RECIPE
HEALTHY GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN RECIPE - BETTER THAN TAKEOUT!
HOMEMADE GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN STIR FRY | AN EASY FLAVOR-PACKED STIR FRY RECIPE
ONE-PAN BAKED GLUTEN-FREE GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN
BAKED GENERAL TSO CHICKEN RECIPE - THE SEASONED MOM
GENERAL TSO’S CHICKEN - KATIECHIN
EASY GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN - JUST A TASTE
GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN | MODERNMEALMAKEOVER.COM
GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN - RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
AIR FRYER GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN - YOUR HOME, MADE HEALTHY
GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN - JAMIE GELLER
GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN (左宗棠雞) - MY KITCHEN CHRONICLES
HOMEMADE GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN RECIPE - MASHED
GENERAL TSO CHICKEN RECIPE - SWEET TEA & THYME
GENERAL TSO’S CHICKEN RECIPE - CHEF BILLY PARISI
EASY GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN - JAMIE GELLER
SHEET-PAN GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN | RECIPE | SHEET PAN DINNERS, …
GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN - AHEAD OF THYME
THE BEST GENERAL TSO CHICKEN - GARNISH & GLAZE
GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN RECIPE - BETTER THAN TAKEOUT - EAT THE HEAT
GENERAL TSO CHICKEN RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
CRISPY GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN RECIPE - FED AND FIT
HEALTHY GENERAL TSO’S CHICKEN | LEXI'S CLEAN KITCHEN
THE BEST GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
EASY DUMP & BAKE GENERAL TSO’S CHICKEN (PALEO & AIP)
AN EASY & HEALTHY OVEN BAKED GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN RECIPE · I …
TRADER JOE'S GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN RECIPE | TASTES OF LIZZY T
CLASSIC GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN RECIPE
GENERAL TSO’S CHICKEN - I AM A FOOD BLOG
GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN (TRADER JOE'S HACK) - EAT THE BITE
EASY GENERAL TSO CHICKEN RECIPE - THE LITTLE POTATO COMPANY
ORIGINAL GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN RECIPE RECIPES
EASY GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN - COOKIN' WITH MIMA
GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN | BOUNDED BY BUNS
BEST GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN RECIPE - MYFOODCHANNEL
You'll also love