BOK CHOY AND SHIITAKES
- Soak 12 dried shiitake mushrooms in hot water, 30 minutes. Remove the stems. Boil 4 quartered heads bok choy, 2 minutes. Stir-fry 1 minced garlic clove in peanut oil, then add the mushrooms and some thinly sliced jicama; stir-fry 1 minute. Add 2 tablespoons each oyster sauce and mirin (sweet rice wine) and 1 cup chicken broth; cover and cook, 5 minutes. Add 2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with a splash of water, then the bok choy; stir-fry 2 minutes.
SHIITAKE BOK CHOY SOUP WITH NOODLES
- Cut bok choy crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Discard stems from mushrooms and cut caps into thin slices. Cut scallions diagonally into thin slices.
- In a 5- to 6-quart kettle bring 6 cups water to a boil with katsuobushi and boil 1 minute. Pour stock through a fine sieve into a large bowl and discard katsuobushi. Return stock to kettle and add bok choy, mushrooms, and noodles. Simmer soup, uncovered, until noodles are tender, 2 to 5 minutes, depending on type of noodle. Season soup with salt and pepper and stir in scallions.
GLAZED SHIITAKES WITH BOK CHOY
Gorgeous glazed shiitake mushrooms and tender green bok choy sparked with ginger, sesame and hot pepper work beautifully against more staid flavors, so consider serving them next to a traditional roast chicken or turkey. They also are delicious draped over a pile of rice.
Provided by David Tanis
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Cut off and discard stem ends of bok choy. Separate leaves, rinse and drain. Drop leaves into boiling water and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until barely cooked. Immediately remove, rinse with cool water, drain and pat dry. Arrange leaves in one layer on an ovenproof earthenware platter, then set aside.
- Put a large wok or cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add oil and heat until nearly smoking, then add hot peppers and shiitake caps, stirring to coat. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Reduce heat slightly and add garlic, ginger, sugar, sesame oil and tamari. Stir-fry for 1 minute more.
- Spoon shiitake and pan juices over reserved cooked bok choy. Serve at room temperature, or if you prefer, reheat covered with foil for 10 to 15 minutes in a hot oven. Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds, if using.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 107, UnsaturatedFat 5 grams, Carbohydrate 12 grams, Fat 6 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 463 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SHIITAKE BOK CHOY SOUP
- In a soup pot, combine onion, carrot and mushrooms. Add 5 cups water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until the carrots and mushrooms are soft.
- Add sesame oil, sugar, ginger and soy sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring back to a boil, add bok choy and simmer until bok choy is tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 74.3, Fat 2.5, SaturatedFat 0.4, Sodium 279.8, Carbohydrate 12.9, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 5.2, Protein 1.9
BOK CHOY NOODLE SOUP
- Trim and wash green onions. Chop white parts into small pieces. Reserve green parts whole.
- Peel and sliver ginger. Peel and mince garlic.
- Heat cooking oil in soup pot over medium-high heat.
- When oil is hot add the white parts of the green onions, garlic, ginger and Chinese five spice powder.
- Saute until aromatics soften, but do not color.
- Add vegetable stock.
- Turn heat up to high and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Place shiitake pieces in a bowl and spoon some of the hot stock over them. Let sit.
- In a separate pot, bring three quarts of water to the boil.
- Clean baby bok choy and slice each head into two or three pieces, vertically.
- Put baby bok choy in boiling water for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and refresh under cold water.
- Cook noodles in boiling water according to package directions.
- While noodles cook squeeze broth from mushroom pieces and add to stock.
- Chop mushrooms into small pieces and add to stock.
- Slice green onion tops into thin slices diagonally. Reserve.
- To serve: Place 1/4 of noodles in a large bowl. Add 1/4 of bok choy. Ladle in 1/4 of stock. Top with green onions.
- Optional toppings: shredded toasted nori, grated fresh ginger, roasted pork, tofu, poached egg, etc.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 42.4, Fat 1.9, SaturatedFat 0.2, Sodium 533.7, Carbohydrate 5.4, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 2.9, Protein 2.1
CHICKEN, SHIITAKE AND BOK CHOY SOUP
- Bring broth, mushrooms and ginger to boil in large pot. Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes. Add fish sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and chili oil and simmer 2 minutes. Add bok choy and simmer until bok choy is tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in rice vinegar. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with green onions and serve.
- *Available at Asian markets and in the Asian foods section of many supermarkets.
BOK CHOY WITH SHIITAKES
- Put wok or large skillet over maximum heat, and add oil. When oil smokes, add garlic. Stir once, and add the bok choy. Cook for a minute or two until it just begins to brown. Then stir, and add shiitakes and sugar.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, a minute or two, and add the chicken stock and fish sauce. Cook, stirring, until the bok choy is tender. Add a bit more stock or water if necessary -- the mixture should not dry out entirely. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 58, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 11 grams, Fat 1 gram, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 764 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "shiitake bok choy soup with noodles recipes"
GINGER GARLIC NOODLE SOUP WITH BOK CHOY AND SHIITAKE …
5/5 (1)Category SoupCuisine AsianEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Add the shallot, and cook, stirring often for 3-4 minutes, or until they are translucent and started to soften.
- Add the white portion of the green onion along with the ginger, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth and bring it to a simmer. Add the soy sauce then cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
BOK CHOY AND SHIITAKE NOODLE SOUP - A DASH OF SOUL
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
MISO SHIITAKE SOBA SOUP RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
RICE NOODLE SOUP WITH SALMON, BABY BOK CHOY, AND SHIITAKE …
BOK CHOY AND SHIITAKE NOODLE SOUP - PINTEREST
BEEF NOODLE SOUP WITH SHITAKE MUSHROOMS AND BABY BOK CHOY
BOK CHOY AND SHIITAKE NOODLE SOUP | RECIPE | SHIITAKE NOODLES, …
BOK CHOY AND SHIITAKE NOODLE SOUP | RECIPE IN 2021 | SHIITAKE …
BOK CHOY AND SHIITAKE NOODLE SOUP
10 BEST SHIRATAKI NOODLES RECIPES | YUMMLY
ASIAN NOODLE SOUP WITH BABY BOK CHOY AND MUSHROOMS
NOODLE SOUP WITH SHIITAKE & MOROHEIYA - TASTE WITH THE EYES
BOK CHOY, SHIITAKE, AND GARLIC NOODLES | FOR THE LOVE OF COOKING
SOBA NOODLE SOUP WITH CHICKEN, TOFU, AND BOK CHOY RECIPE
SHIITAKE MUSHROOM AND BEEF NOODLE SOUP - EAT CHO FOOD
SHIITAKE BOK CHOY SOUP WITH NOODLES - BIGOVEN.COM
SHIITAKE BOK CHOY SOBA NOODLE BOWL - A HOUSE IN THE HILLS
SHIITAKE AND TOFU VEGGIE RAMEN – MIKE'S MIGHTY GOOD
SHIITAKE BOK CHOY SOUP | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
SPICY-NOODLE HOT POT WITH BOK CHOY, SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS AND …
CHICKEN, SHIITAKE AND BOK CHOY SOUP - DEVOUR.ASIA
SOBA NOODLES WITH BOK CHOY, SHIITAKE, AND TOFU - RECIPES
FUNGUY’S SHIITAKE BOK CHOY AND SOBA MISO SOUP
BOK CHOY NOODLE SOUP - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND ...
10 BEST ASIAN SOUP WITH BOK CHOY RECIPES | YUMMLY
BABY BOK CHOY + SHIITAKE RED CURRY SOUP - HEALTHY LITTLE VITTLES
VEGETARIAN BOK CHOY SOUP RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP WITH BABY BOK CHOY AND SHIITAKE
SHIITAKE MUSHROOM SOUP - COOKING WITH AYEH
SHIITAKE AND BOK CHOY SOBA NOODLE BOWL – THE CHARMING CHICKPEA
ALCANTARA ACUPUNCTURE & HEALING ARTS » BOK CHOY, SHIITAKE …
SHIITAKE & MISO NOODLE SOUP - JEAN HAILES
SPICED SHIITAKE VEGAN PHO NOODLE SOUP — CHEF BAI
SHIITAKE MUSHROOM WONTON SOUP - MEAT FREE MONDAY
SOBA NOODLES WITH SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS & BOK CHOY - THEBROOKCOOK
SESAME-GINGER DAIKON NOODLE SOUP WITH BOK CHOY, SNOW PEAS …
BOK CHOY WILD MUSHROOM SOBA NOODLE SOUP | MASTERING DIABETES
VEGETARIAN RAMEN NOODLE SOUP WITH SHIITAKES AND BOK CHOY RECIPE
You'll also love