SHRIMP AND RICE CROQUETTES
An old Southern recipe posted in response to a recipe request. From the US Regional Cookbook, Chicago Culinary Arts Institute, 1947. Cooking time is approximate.
Provided by Molly53
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cook rice in rapidly boiling salted water until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain thoroughly and add butter while rice is still hot.
- Cool slightly; add shrimp and two eggs.
- Season to taste and roll into balls or cylinders.
- Dip in cracker crumbs, then into beaten egg, and again into crumbs.
- Heat oil or fat to 375F and fry until brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 128, Fat 3.4, SaturatedFat 1.5, Cholesterol 83.1, Sodium 36.7, Carbohydrate 19.5, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 0.1, Protein 4
DEEP-FRIED PRAWN AND RICE CROQUETTES
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until softened and browned, about 5 minutes. Add shrimp; cook and stir until opaque, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons flour and white wine. Pour in milk gradually, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon; cook until white sauce thickens, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove white sauce from heat. Stir in rice until evenly mixed. Add Parmesan cheese, dill, salt, and black pepper. Cool until mixture is easily handled, about 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place 3 tablespoons flour in a shallow bowl. Whisk egg in a small bowl. Spread bread crumbs on a plate.
- Form rice mixture into 8 equal balls. Roll 1 ball in flour, dip in beaten egg, and coat with bread crumbs. Repeat with remaining balls.
- Deep-fry in hot oil until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 182.2 calories, Carbohydrate 21.5 g, Cholesterol 54.2 mg, Fat 7.5 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 6.5 g, SaturatedFat 2.9 g, Sodium 412 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
CINDY'S SHRIMP AND CRAB CROQUETTES
- Bring 2 cups salted water to a boil in a medium pot. Add the rice, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until done, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove pot from the heat and add the butter to the warm rice and stir to incorporate. Next, add the shrimp, crab, onions, jalapenos, lemon juice, salt, pepper and Essence and stir to combine. Stir in flour and eggs. Be careful not to break up the crabmeat when mixing the ingredients. Transfer the mixture to a storage container and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In a large heavy-bottomed sauce pan, pour enough oil to fill the pan about a 1/3 of the way. Heat over medium heat until a deep-frying thermometer inserted in the oil reaches 360 degrees F. (If you don't have a thermometer, a cube of bread will brown in about 3 minutes.)
- Remove the croquette mixture from refrigerator and shape into 1/2-inch to 3/4-inch thick patties and coat with white cracker crumbs. Use an ice cream scoop to keep portion sizes the same.
- Fry the croquettes until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels and season with salt. Serve with Garlic Aioli.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking," by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch Published by William Morrow, 1993.
- Combine the egg yolks, mustard and garlic cloves in a food processor. While processing, add 1 cup of the olive oil in a fine stream to make an emulsion. Add lemon juice, salt, black pepper and cayenne, and then the remaining oil. Process until thick and smooth.
ULTIMATE SHRIMP-CRAWFISH-CRAB CROQUETTE BURGER WITH GARLIC AIOLI
- For the aioli, combine the egg yolks, mustard and garlic cloves in a food processor. While processing, add 1 cup of the olive oil in a fine stream to make an emulsion. Add lemon juice, salt, black pepper, and cayenne, then add the remaining oil and process until thick and smooth. Refrigerate until needed.
- For the croquettes, cook the rice in 2 cups of boiling salted water for 20 to 25 minutes or until done. Add the butter while the rice is still hot. In a mixing bowl, stir flour and eggs to make a light batter. Add rice, green onions and jalapenos; mix well. Add shrimp, crawfish, crabmeat, lemon juice and seasonings. Combine until incorporated but DO NOT OVERMIX to not break up crabmeat. Refrigerate this mixture for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Shape the mixture into patties the size of buns and about 1/2 to 3/4-inch thick and coat with cracker crumbs. (An ice cream scoop helps keep portion sizes the same.) Heat oil in a 10-inch iron skillet until bubbles come up from the bottom of a wooden spoon when inserted. Oil should be hot but not smoking. Fry the croquettes over medium to medium-high heat until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towel. Season with a sprinkle of salt.
- Grill halved rolls over medium heat until toasted. Spread garlic aioli on each half. Place 1 croquette on bottom half of roll; top with slice of cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion and pickles/jalapenos. Top with other half roll. Serve with your favorite spicy potato chips.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch, published by William Morrow, 1993.
- In a large non metal mixing bowl, dissolve yeast with warm water, add honey and stir. Allow yeast to activate and begin to bloom. Add 4 cups flour, salt, oil, beer and beaten eggs.
- Stir with wooden spoon until thoroughly mixed. Turn out and onto heavily floured surface. Work this flour into the dough, by kneading 10 to 15 minutes as the dough will be sticky. Knead until smooth and it "comes back" when pushed with your finger. Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, roll dough to coat, cover with plastic wrap and put in a warm place until doubled in size.
- When dough has doubled, punch down in the middle and let rest for 5 minutes. Divide dough into 8 to 12 (3-inch) rolls. Smooth, place on baking sheets and brush with melted butter. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise a second time until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven, brush with melted butter and cover with waxed paper until cooled.
SALT-AND-PEPPER SHRIMP WITH AIOLI
- Make aioli: Pulse garlic in the bowl of a food processor until it is finely chopped. Add egg yolks and mustard, and season with salt; process until mixture is blended. With machine running, add half the canola oil, a few drops at a time, until mixture is emulsified. Add 4 teaspoons lemon juice. With machine running, add remaining canola oil and the olive oil. Season with salt and lemon juice. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate, covered, up to 2 days.
- Season shrimp with pepper. Place a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat; lightly cover bottom with salt. Arrange half the shrimp in a single layer. Place a pan on top as a weight; cook 2 minutes. Remove top pan, and turn shrimp; cook until they are pink, about 1 1/2 minutes. Transfer to a plate; wipe pan with a dry paper towel. Repeat with remaining shrimp. Serve with aioli.
SHRIMP AND RICE CROQUETTES WITH AIOLI
- 1. For the aioli: Combine the eggs yolks,mustard and garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Start the machine and add 1/2 cup of the oil in a fine stream. Add the lemon juice,salt and pepper, then add the remaining oil and process until thick and smooth. Refrigerate until needed.
- 2. For croquettes: Cook the rice in 1 cup boiling salted water for 20 minutes or until done. Add the butter while the rice is still hot. Add the shrimp,onion,lemon juice and House Seasoning to taste. Stir in the flour and eggs. Refrigerate this mixture for 2 hours.
- 3. Shape the rice mixture into patties and coat with bread or cracker crumbs. Heat the oil in a 10 inch cast iron skillet. Oil should be hot but not smoking. Fry the croquettes over medium-high heat until nice and golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Serve with Aioli.
More about "shrimp and rice croquettes with aioli recipes"
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH OLD BAY AND AIOLI RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.3/5 (18)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 4
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat. Lightly oil grate. Using kitchen shears, snip down back of each shrimp shell along the vein, stopping at the tails. You may end up cutting a little but of the flesh, but the aim here is to make it easy to peel the shell later (if you choose!) without compromising the shrimp’s tenderness. The shells are a protective barrier, so keep them on when grilling.
- Transfer shrimp to a medium bowl. Add 1 Tbsp. oil, two-thirds of garlic, 1½ tsp. Old Bay, and ¾ tsp. salt and toss to combine. Let sit 10–15 minutes while you prepare the aioli.
- Whisk egg yolk and remaining garlic in a medium bowl. Finely grate 1 tsp. lemon zest into egg mixture. Whisking constantly, gradually stream in remaining ½ cup oil until thick and pale yellow. Stir in juice of one lemon half. Season well with salt—it should taste really vibrant.
- Cut remaining lemon in half. Grill shrimp and 3 lemon halves (cut sides down) until shells are golden brown and charred in some spots and flesh is opaque and cut sides of lemons are deeply caramelized, 1–2 minutes.
SALMON CROQUETTES WITH LEMON AIOLI RECIPE | MYFOODBOOK ...
4.2/5 (5)Servings 12Cuisine AustralianCategory Appetisers
SHRIMP AND RICE CROQUETTES | THINK RICE
1/5 Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
20 EASY SHRIMP RECIPES WITH RICE | MYRECIPES
TILAPIA CROQUETTES WITH LEMON AIOLI | TASTY KITCHEN: A ...
CREAMY SHRIMP CROQUETTES - RECIPETIN JAPAN
4.9/5 (10)Category MainCuisine JapaneseTotal Time 25 mins
- Add the Creamy Shrimp Mixture ingredients, except butter and flour, to a saucepan and heat over medium high heat.
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH AIOLI SAUCE - MAGIC SKILLET
Cuisine AmericanCategory SeafoodServings 6Total Time 20 mins
- In a large heatproof nonstick bowl, combine salt, dried red chilies, garlic, sugar, and boiling water. Stir well until salt and sugar are dissolved.
- Add enough ice cubes to chill the mixture thoroughly. Place shrimp in mixture, adding additional cold water to cover. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 30 -60 minutes.
EASY COD AND SHRIMP CROQUETTES - LYDIA'S FLEXITARIAN KITCHEN
5/5 (3)Servings 4Cuisine SpanishCategory Appetizer, Main, Tapas
- Preheat the oven to 450°F/230°C. Prepare a baking tray with cooking spray. Set up a breading station with seasoned flour, beaten egg and bread crumbs.
- Mix the fish, shrimp, onion, parsley, salt and pepper together in a large bowl. Add a tablespoon of milk if the mix doesn't hold together. Taste and adjust the seasoning before forming them into small balls or oblong shapes. You should have two dozen, depending on the amount of mix you use.
- After the croquettes have been formed, bread them by dipping first into the flour, then the egg, then the bread crumbs. Arrange on the prepared baking sheet.
RECIPE: SPANISH SHRIMP & RICE WITH VEGETABLES & AIOLI ...
4.3/5 Total Time 45 minsCuisine SpanishCalories 560 per serving
GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP & RICE RECIPE | EASY & DELICIOUS ...
4.9/5 (23)Category Side DishCuisine AsianTotal Time 20 mins
SIMPLE SUNDAYS | SHRIMP AND POTATO CROQUETTES | KITCHEN ...
Reviews 7Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 20
SHRIMP AND RICE CROQUETTES WITH AIOLI RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
SHRIMP AND WILD RICE CAKES WITH ROASTED PEPPER-DILL AIOLI ...
SHRIMP CROQUETTES WITH WASABI AIOLI RECIPE • WIKI RECIPES
SHRIMP AND RICE CROQUETTES - OTTAWA LIFE
SHRIMP & RICE CROQUETTES W/ AIOLI - BIGOVEN.COM
PAELLA CROQUETTES WITH SAFFRON AIOLI RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
SHRIMP CROQUETTES RECIPE
MISO COLLARD WRAPS | THINK RICE
SHRIMP AND RICE CROQUETTES - OTTAWALIFE.COM
SHRIMP CROQUETTES WITH WASABI AIOLI RECIPE ON FOOD52 ...
SHRIMP AND RICE CROQUETTES WITH AIOLI- TFRECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make lemon aioli sauce for shrimp?How to Make Lemon Aioli Sauce: In a small bowl, add mayo and stir to remove any lumps. Add 1 tsp lemon zest, 2 Tbsp lemon juice and pressed garlic clove and stir to combine. Recipe Notes *You can use a food processor to chop the shrimp]
What's the recipe for shrimp and crab croquettes?Directions Bring 2 cups salted water to a boil in a medium pot. In a large heavy-bottomed sauce pan, pour enough oil to fill the pan about a 1/3 of the way. Remove the croquette mixture from refrigerator and shape into 1/2-inch to 3/4-inch thick patties and coat with white cracker crumbs. Fry the croquettes until golden brown on both sides.
How long to cook garlic butter shrimp and rice?Add garlic and cook for 3 minutes, or until lightly browned, stirring very frequently. Do not burn the garlic. Stir in the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes, or until they turn pink, stirring frequently. Add prepared rice to the skillet and mix until well combined.
When to add shrimp to one Pan shrimp and rice?Add the shrimp at the very end. Even large shrimp cooks very quickly. That's why in this shrimp rice dish, it's best to add the shrimp once the rice is pretty much cooked. Uncover the pan and add the shrimp, nestling it slightly into the rice.