GINGER AND LEMONGRASS GRILLED SHRIMP
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the grill to high.
- In a large, nonreactive bowl, combine the lemongrass, ginger, garlic, scallion greens, soy sauce, sesame oil, and honey and whisk well. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Skewer the shrimp, scallion whites, and red bell peppers onto skewers in whatever order you like. There should be 4 to 6 shrimp per skewer.
- Place the skewers on a flat plate and drizzle with peanut oil. It is not necessary to salt the skewers because soy sauce has so much salt in it. Place the shrimp skewers on the grill and cook about 3 minutes per side, or just until the shrimp curls, turns red and does not appear clear at all. Be careful not to overcook.
- Place the whole radicchio leaves around the edge of a platter. Mound the chiffonade radicchio and watercress inside the leaves and around the platter. Remove the skewers from the grill and place on the bed of greens. Squeeze the juice of a lime over the shrimp.
SIMPLE THAI-STYLE LEMONGRASS SHRIMP SOUP
You won't believe how easy and good it is. Try this and you may never be able to eat a shrimp soup in a Thai restaurant again. This is a blend of two recipes from a really good Thai cookbook, adapted to use easier-to-find ingredients (as recommended in the book, ginger instead of galangal, lime juice instead of lime leaves) and simplified a little. You can make it also with thinly sliced chicken breast instead of shrimp if you add the chicken about the time you add mushrooms and tomatoes and cook everything for a bit longer.
Provided by Anya4405
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cut off the dry end and a few top leaves of the lemongrass stem.
- Bruise the stem with the handle of a knife and cut into 1-inch long pieces.
- Bruise the chilies, cut them in half, scoop out and discard the seeds.
- Reserve the chilies.
- Bring the water to boil.
- Add lemongrass and ginger, and squeeze out half the lime into the water.
- Boil 2-3 minutes.
- Add fish sauce and chili-garlic paste.
- Cook for another minute.
- Add tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes (or longer, until it boils and the tomatoes start to fall apart).
- Squeeze the other half of the lime into the soup.
- Take off the heat.
- Add the chilies and let stand a few seconds, then add the shrimp.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.
- Leave lemongrass, ginger and chilies in the soup and either try to pour the soup without them, or, better, pour the soup with chunks of lemongrass and ginger in it and warn your guests not to eat these.
- They do add flavour when left in the soup while you eat it.
SHRIMP BROTH WITH LEMONGRASS, CHILI AND GINGER
- Peel and devein shrimp; reserve shells. Halve shrimp lengthwise. Transfer shrimp to small bowl. Cover and chill.
- Combine reserved shrimp shells, broth and next 4 ingredients in large pot. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 20 minutes to blend flavors, stirring and skimming surface occasionally. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.)
- Strain broth into large bowl, pressing on solids with back of spoon to release as much liquid as possible; discard solids. Return broth to pot. Bring to simmer. Remove from heat. Add shrimp, herbs, chili and lime juice. Cover and let stand until shrimp are opaque, stirring once, about 2 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls. Garnish with lime.
UTOKIA'S GINGER SHRIMP AND BROCCOLI WITH GARLIC
Parchment packets filled with shrimp and broccoli florets and seasoned with an Asian-inspired ginger sauce are baked for a delicious and easy-clean-up dinner.
Provided by Reynolds Kitchens(R)
Categories Trusted Brands: Recipes and Tips Reynolds®
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Tear off four 15-inch sheets of Reynolds Parchment Paper. Fold each sheet in half and crease it in the center. Cut each into a heart shape; unfold.
- Divide broccoli and shrimp evenly on one-half of each sheet near crease.
- Mix garlic, sesame oil, ginger and soy sauce. Spoon 1/4 the mixture evenly over broccoli and shrimp on each sheet.
- Fold over other half of each sheet to enclose ingredients. Starting at top, make small overlapping folds down entire length of parchment to secure edges together. Twist last fold several times to make a tight seal. Place parchment packets on a large baking sheet with 1-inch sides.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until shrimp is done.
- Place parchment packets on dinner plates. Carefully cut an X in the top of each packet; open carefully, allowing steam to escape. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 152.8 calories, Carbohydrate 6.9 g, Cholesterol 172.6 mg, Fat 4.7 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 21.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 341.7 mg, Sugar 1.6 g
SHRIMP IN A SPICY GINGER-CILANTRO BROTH - CLEAN EATING
This is out of the Fall 2008 clean eating magazine...So I made this tonight...7/21/12...mine turned out very much like the photo in the magazine...it was a pale yellow like chicken broth...not sure what happen with the 1st reviewer...I used steamed broccoli and threw in a touch of sliced chili pepper for additional color and heat...I do think that a splash of lime would really bring all the flavors together...hope you enjoy it!
Provided by teresas
Yield 1 1/2 cup, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Pour chicken broth into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave covered on high until broth is hot, approximately 3 minutes, depending on the power of your appliance.
- Meanwhile, chop cilantro, including stems.
- Reserve 1 cup of chopped leaves for garnish.
- Thinly slice ginger.
- Crush garlic cloves with the flat side of your knife.
- Cut chili pepper in half: remove seeds if you want less heat in your soup.
- When broth is hot, pour into a medium saucepan.
- Add chopped cilantro stems and leaves (except reserved cup) ginger, garlic and chili pepper and cover.
- Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Strain broth into the microwave-safe bowl, then return strained broth to saucepan.
- Add shrimp and vegetables.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves you've set aside and discard the rest.
CHILIED LEMONGRASS SHRIMP SOUP
Provided by Molly O'Neill
Categories soups and stews, appetizer
Yield Six main courses, eight appetizers
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Shell and devein the shrimps, reserving all shells. Cut the shrimps in half lengthwise and refrigerate. Warm the butter in a large soup pot over high heat. Add the shrimp shells and, stirring constantly, continue to cook over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Cut the lemongrass stalks into 3 pieces and use the back of the knife to smash the thick end. Add to the shrimp shells, along with the shallots, onion, carrot, turmeric, chili pepper and ginger. Add 2 cups of cold water, reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Add the chicken broth and simmer for 1 hour.
- Drain the broth, discarding the solids and reserving the broth. Return the soup pot to medium heat. Add the remaining butter and the mushroom slices. Stir and cook for 5 minutes until the mushrooms begin to soften. Add the broth and simmer for 30 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cut the tofu into -inch cubes and add these, along with the shrimps, to the soup. Simmer for 5 minutes. Serve garnished with lemon slices and branches of cilantro and basmati rice on the side, which can be spooned directly into the soup at the table.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 266, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 19 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 31 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 1109 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
LEMON-GRASS-GINGER SOUP WITH MUSHROOMS
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories easy, quick, weekday, soups and stews, appetizer
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the stock over medium heat. Trim two of the lemon-grass stalks of their toughest outer layers, then bruise them with the back of a knife; cut them into sections, and add them to the stock with the ginger and about 1/4 of the minced chilies. Simmer for about 15 minutes, longer if you have the time. Peel all the hard layers off the remaining stalk of lemon grass, and mince its tender inner core.
- When you're ready to eat the soup, remove the lemon grass and ginger. Add 1 tablespoon nam pla and the chopped mushrooms. Taste the broth, and add more chilies if you like, as well as some salt if necessary. In the bottom of each of 4 warmed bowls, sprinkle a little each of the chile, lime leaves or zest, lime juice, cilantro and minced lemon grass.
- Ladle the soup into the bowls and add a teaspoon of nam pla to each bowl. Serve piping hot.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 228, UnsaturatedFat 3 grams, Carbohydrate 35 grams, Fat 5 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 13 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 1802 milligrams, Sugar 9 grams
More about "shrimp broth with lemongrass chili and ginger recipes"
GINGER SHRIMP AND BROCCOLI STIR-FRY - LIFE'S AMBROSIA
LEMONGRASS CURRY WITH SHRIMP RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
GINGERY BROTH WITH SHRIMP AND GREEN ONION
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH LEMONGRASS AND GINGER • STEAMY …
SHRIMP DUMPLINGS WITH FRAGRANT LEMONGRASS BROTH
GINGER, GARLIC & CHILI SHRIMP - ONCE UPON A CHEF
SHRIMP IN CHILE-LEMONGRASS SAUCE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
HERBED LEMONGRASS BROTH WITH SHRIMP RECIPE - FOOD
SHRIMP IN A COCONUT, GINGER AND LEMONGRASS BROTH
SHRIMP SOUP WITH LEMONGRASS RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
LEMONGRASS SHRIMP SOUP (TOM YUM GOONG) - SALU …
RECIPE: SHRIMP IN LEMONGRASS BROTH WITH VEGETABLES
SHRIMP STIR FRY RECIPE WITH LEMON AND GINGER
CAPELLINI AND SHRIMP IN LEMONGRASS GINGER BROTH RECIPE
Cuisine American, ThaiTotal Time 55 minsServings 6Calories 402 per serving
- Smash remaining lemongrass stalks. In a large pot over medium-high heat, bring broth, smashed lemongrass stalks, ginger, chopped carrots, onion, and cilantro sprigs to a boil.
SHRIMP BROTH WITH LEMONGRASS, CHILI AND GINGER - BIGOVEN
Reviews 1Servings 6Cuisine AsianCategory Main Dish
LEMONGRASS BROTH WITH SHRIMP WONTONS RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
CARAMELIZED LEMONGRASS SHRIMP - THE FRANGLOSAXON COOKS
SHRIMP SOUP WITH LEMONGRASS AND LIME (TOM YUM GOONG)
10 BEST LEMONGRASS SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
SHRIMP BROTH WITH LEMONGRASS, CHILE, AND GINGER - ALL MY CHEFS
THAI SHRIMP SOUP WITH LEMONGRASS - THERESCIPES.INFO
THE BEST LEMONGRASS SHRIMP RECIPE & VIDEO - SEONKYOUNG LONGEST
LEMONGRASS GINGER SOUP - THE DIZZY COOK
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH FIERY LEMONGRASS-CHILE SAMBAL RECIPE | BON …
RAMEN WITH LEMONGRASS-GINGER BROTH - THE COZY APRON
THAI LEMONGRASS SHRIMP RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
POACHED SABLEFISH AND BOK CHOY WITH LEMONGRASS, GINGER, AND CHILI
SHRIMP AND VEGETABLE SOUP WITH LEMONGRASS AND LIME | RECIPES
LEMONGRASS COCONUT NOODLES WITH SHRIMP RECIPE - GIMME SOME …
SPICY LEMONGRASS AND SHRIMP VEGETABLE PHO - OLIVE SUNSHINE
THAI SHRIMP SOUP - A FOODCENTRIC LIFE
SHRIMP AND VEGETABLE SOUP WITH LEMONGRASS AND LIME | HEALTHY …
SHRIMP BROTH WITH LEMONGRASS, CHILLI AND GINGER RECIPE | EAT YOUR …
RECIPE: LEMONGRASS-GINGER SOUP WITH MUSHROOMS - RECIPELINK.COM
RECIPE: SHRIMP IN LEMONGRASS BROTH WITH VEGETABLES ... - BLUE APRON
10 BEST LEMONGRASS GINGER CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
GINGER LEMON SHRIMP - KITCHEN CONFIDANTE®
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love