SHRIMP WITH SNOW PEAS
This colorful medley of shrimp, crisp snow peas and other fresh veggies is mildly seasoned with lemon and dill. Ruth Andrewson of Peck, Idaho sent in the fast-to-fix recipe.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, sugar, bouillon, dill, salt, lemon zest and pepper. Stir in water and lemon juice until blended; set aside., In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the shrimp, mushrooms, celery, yellow pepper and onions in oil for 5 minutes. Add the peas; stir-fry 1-2 minutes longer or until crisp-tender. Stir bouillon mixture; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 322 calories, Fat 6g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 173mg cholesterol, Sodium 797mg sodium, Carbohydrate 38g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SHRIMP WITH SNOW PEAS
- Shell and devein shrimp.
- Rinse and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a ziplock bag.
- Add shrimp.
- Mix well.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
- Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Heat oil in a wok 30 seconds over high heat.
- Stir-fry garlic until golden, 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp.
- Stir-fry about 30 seconds until shrimp are pink.
- Remove from wok with a slotted spoon, draining well over wok.
- Add salt and snow peas to oil in wok.
- Stir-fry until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add cooked shrimp.
- Stir-fry to coat shrimp with sauce.
- Serve hot.
SHRIMP WITH SNOW PEAS AND TOMATOES
- In a bowl combine shrimp, lemon juice, ginger, vodka, pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste. Blend well. Cover with plastic wrap, let stand for at least 15 minutes.
- Pluck off and discard the ends of each snow pea.
- Drop tomatoes into a pot of boiling water, let stand about 10 seconds. Remove and peel. Cut away cores, then cut tomatoes into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add snow peas. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, cook for one minute, continuing to stir. Add garlic, shrimp and marinade. Cook about 3 minutes; do not overcook. Check for seasoning. Add coriander, blend well and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 279, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 12 grams, Fat 15 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 22 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 810 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SAUTEED SHRIMPS WITH TOMATOES AND PERNOD
- Puree tomatoes in a blender until smooth. If dry, add a tablespoon or two of water. Pass through a medium strainer into a mixing bowl. Stir in Pernod, salt, and pepper. Reserve.
- Season shrimps with salt and pepper. Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over high heat. Saute shrimps until pink-orange, about 1 minute per side. With a slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to a platter, leaving butter in pan. Add reserved tomato sauce and julienned snow peas. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced by about one-third. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Break remaining butter in small pieces and stir into sauce along with shrimp. Once smooth, remove from heat, and ladle over bowls of warm fettuccine. Garnish with chervil and serve immediately.
SHRIMP WITH SNOW PEAS
- Combine egg white, 1 tablespoon cornstarch and wine in medium bowl. Add shrimp and stir to coat. Let stand 30 minutes. Combine catsup, soy sauce and sugar in small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in wok or heavy large skillet over high heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger and stir-fry until onion and garlic begin to brown, about 3 minutes. Stir shrimp; add and stir-fry until shrimp are just opaque, about 2 minutes. Add dissolved cornstarch and stir until sauce thickens.
SPICY SHRIMP WITH SNOW PEAS
- Shell the shrimp, rinse them and place them in a bowl. Sprinkle with the coarse salt and add cold water to cover. Leave them for at least five minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch with one tablespoon water until smooth. Lightly beat the egg white with a fork and mix in the cornstarch mixture.
- Rinse the shrimp, drain them well and coat them with the egg white. Leave them to marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the chili paste, sesame oil, sherry and stock in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok or deep fryer until it is just hot enough so that a shrimp will float when added to it. Add the remaining shrimp and cook for 15 seconds, just enough to turn them opaque. Stir with a fork or chopsticks to prevent them from sticking together. Be very careful not to overcook. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain the shrimp on paper towels. (The oil can be reused twice only, with seafood.)
- Pour off all but a tablespoon oil. Stir-fry the scallions, garlic and ginger for one minute. Add the snow peas and fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add the chili paste-sherry mixture and stir well. Add the shrimp, just long enough to heat through. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 1120, UnsaturatedFat 88 grams, Carbohydrate 9 grams, Fat 113 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 19 grams, SaturatedFat 19 grams, Sodium 770 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SHRIMP-STUFFED TOMATO & SNOW PEA APPETIZERS
A tasty blend of tiny shrimp, cream cheese and seasonings are stuffed into cherry tomatoes and snow peas in these impressive appetizers.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 24 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Bring 1-1/2 qt. (6 cups) water to boil in large saucepan. Add snow peas; cook 30 sec. Drain. Immediately plunge into bowl of ice water; drain and pat dry. Diagonally cut off stem of each pea pod, then make lengthwise cut in one long side of each pod to make pocket.
- Cut thin slice off top of each tomato; hollow out center with small melon baller or grapefruit spoon.
- Mix reduced-fat cream cheese and mayo in medium bowl until blended. Stir in lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Add shrimp and onions; mix well.
- Spoon or pipe cream cheese mixture into pea pods and tomatoes, adding about 1 Tbsp. to each. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 40, Fat 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 85 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 2 g
SNOW PEAS WITH TOMATOES
"This colorful, quick side dish is a great pair with any meat or fish," advises Jackie Horridge from Nashville, Tennessee. "Sometimes I like to top it with toasted pine nuts, sliced almonds or crumbled feta cheese."
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a small skillet or wok, stir-fry garlic in oil and butter for 1 minute. Remove and discard garlic. In the same skillet, stir-fry snow peas for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and jicama; stir-fry for 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Nutrition Facts :
STIR-FRIED SHRIMP WITH SNOW PEAS AND GINGER
- In a large bowl, stir salt into water until dissolved. Add shrimp, and set aside 5 minutes. Rinse shrimps, and dry on paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix together broth, rice wine, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Cook shrimp, turning constantly, until pink on all sides, about 1 minute. Stir in garlic, ginger, and 2 teaspoons oil. Stir in snow peas, chives, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; stir-fry 1 minute more.
- Stir broth mixture into skillet, and continue cooking until sauce thickens. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 203.6 calories, Carbohydrate 7 g, Cholesterol 172.5 mg, Fat 7.8 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 24.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 2172.1 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
SALT-AND-PEPPER SHRIMP WITH SNOW PEAS
- In a large bowl, toss shrimp with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and five-spice powder. Heat a large wok or skillet over high. Add oil and ginger and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add shrimp, scallions, and snow peas and cook, stirring constantly, until shrimp are opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 307 g, Fat 9 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 28 g, SaturatedFat 1 g
THAI SHRIMP AND SNOW PEAS
- Bring lemon juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, fish sauce, red pepper flakes, and cornstarch to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat until sauce is thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, jalapeno peppers, and peppercorns; cook and stir until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add remaining olive oil, onions, snap peas, cherry tomatoes, yellow bell pepper, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper; cook and stir until peppers are tender, about 8 minutes. Add shrimp, cilantro, and mint; cook and stir until shrimp is bright pink on the outside and the meat is opaque, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place shrimp mixture on a serving platter with rice and bean sprouts; pour sauce on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 346.2 calories, Carbohydrate 35.7 g, Cholesterol 172.8 mg, Fat 11.6 g, Fiber 5.2 g, Protein 24.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 750.5 mg, Sugar 7.8 g
SHRIMP WITH SNOW PEAS
A delicate Chinese dish that's available at many Chinese restaurants; unfortunately, if I get take out and bring it home, the snow peas continue to cook in the heat, and lose their crunch by the time I eat it. This sauce is a bit darker in color, but the taste is the same. Make sure you have everything measured, cut, and ready to go before starting - this is one of those Chinese dishes that must be cooked fast and served immediately.
Provided by ChrisMc
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine the water and cornstarch.
- Heat the oil and fry the onions and ginger for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and cook for another minute.
- Add snow peas and cook for 30 seconds.
- Push the shrimp and snow peas to the side of the wok and add the cornstarch mixture, soy sauce, and salt and cook until thickened.
- Blend the sauce with the shrimp, onion and snow peas and serve over steamed rice immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 301.6, Fat 15.8, SaturatedFat 2.2, Cholesterol 172.1, Sodium 931.8, Carbohydrate 13.7, Fiber 3.5, Sugar 4.1, Protein 26.3
SPICY SHRIMP WRAPPED IN SNOW PEAS
- Combine shrimp, ginger, vegetable oil, garlic and five-spice powder in medium bowl; toss to blend. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.Bring medium pot of salted water to boil. Add snow peas; cook just until crisp-tender, about 45 seconds. Drain. Rinse with cold water. Drain; pat dry. Transfer to bowl. Drizzle sesame oil and sesame seeds over; toss to coat. Set aside.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp mixture and sauté 3 minutes. Add soy sauce; stir until shrimp are just opaque in center and liquid evaporates, about 1 minute. Transfer to plate and cool completely.
- Wrap 1 snow pea lengthwise around each shrimp from head to tail. Secure with skewers. (Can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Serve slightly chilled or at room temperature.
More about "shrimp with snow peas and tomatoes recipes"
RECIPE: GREEK SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND PEAS – CLEVELAND CLINIC
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
SHRIMP AND SNOW PEAS PASTA - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
SHRIMP AND SNOW PEAS RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
SALT & PEPPER SHRIMP WITH SNOW PEAS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SHRIMP AND SNOW PEAS RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BEST SHRIMP & SNOW PEA STIR FRY RECIPE - DELISH
SHRIMP PASTA WITH TOMATOES AND SWEET PEAS - HOMEMADE ITALIAN …
SHRIMP AND PEAS RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES - SPARKPEOPLE
SHRIMP, MUSHROOM AND SNOW PEA STIR-FRY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SHRIMP SNOW PEAS AND RICE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
SHRIMP AND SNOW PEAS - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
SHRIMP AND SNOW PEAS PASTA : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
SHRIMP WITH SNOW PEAS | RECIPE | SNOW PEAS RECIPE, FOOD …
SHRIMP STIR FRY WITH SNOW PEAS - AN EASY 20 MINUTE MEAL
SHRIMP WITH SNOW PEAS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CHILI GARLIC SHRIMP WITH SNOW PEAS | CANADIAN LIVING
SHRIMP WITH SNOW PEAS - HUGS AND COOKIES XOXO
SHRIMP WITH SNOW PEAS (ASIAN GINGERED STIR-FRY RECIPE ... - RASA …
SHRIMP WITH SNOW PEAS - HELENA'S KITCHEN - WEEBLY
SNOW PEAS AND TOMATOES RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
TOMATO SHRIMP STIR FRY (番茄炒虾仁) - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
SHRIMP SNOW PEAS RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
TGI FRIDAYS GRILLED SHRIMP SCAMPI WITH TOMATOES RECIPE
RECIPE: SHRIMP CURRY WITH SNOW PEAS - RECIPELINK.COM
SHRIMP SALAD WITH SNOW PEAS AND MELON RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
RECIPES > PASTA > HOW TO MAKE PENNE WITH TOMATOES & SNOW PEAS
SHRIMP WITH GINGER & SNOW PEAS RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
SNOW PEAS AND CHERRY TOMATOES WITH SHRIMP RECIPE
SHRIMP WITH SNOW PEAS RECIPE - THE TIMES GROUP
PESTO SHRIMP WITH SNOW PEAS AND ASPARAGUS - A DASH OF MACROS
FRESH SUMMER TOMATOES AND PEAS WITH SHRIMP - EATING …
RECIPE: BUTTERFLY SHRIMP WITH SNOW PEAS - RECIPELINK.COM
7 SIMPLE SHRIMP RECIPES | MARTHA & MARLEY SPOON
You'll also love