EASIEST MAC-N-CHEESE EVER!
I have tried many more-complicated recipes for macaroni and cheese. Not only is this one often requested for family functions, but it is easy to make! Kids LOVE this recipe. It is so handy for busy moms.
Provided by Anncredible
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes; drain.
- Place a saucepan over medium-low heat. Combine the cheese food, milk, and pepper in the saucepan; cook until the cheese has melted, stirring frequently. Stir in the drained macaroni until evenly coated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 136.2 calories, Carbohydrate 15.9 g, Cholesterol 15.7 mg, Fat 5.2 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 6.2 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 241.5 mg, Sugar 2.4 g
SIMPLE MACARONI AND CHEESE
A very quick and easy fix to a tasty side-dish. Fancy, designer mac and cheese often costs forty or fifty dollars to prepare when you have so many exotic and expensive cheeses, but they aren't always the best tasting. This recipe is cheap and tasty.
Provided by g0dluvsugly
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; stir in flour, salt, and pepper until smooth, about 5 minutes. Slowly pour milk into butter-flour mixture while continuously stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbling, about 5 minutes. Add Cheddar cheese to milk mixture and stir until cheese is melted, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Fold macaroni into cheese sauce until coated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 630.2 calories, Carbohydrate 55 g, Cholesterol 99.6 mg, Fat 33.6 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 26.5 g, SaturatedFat 20.9 g, Sodium 777 mg, Sugar 7.6 g
MACARONI AND CHEESE
Try Ree Drummond's creamy Macaroni and Cheese recipe from Food Network.
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the macaroni until still slightly firm. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg. In a large pot, melt the butter and sprinkle in the flour. Whisk together over medium-low heat. Cook for a couple of minutes, whisking constantly. Don't let it burn. Pour in the milk, add the mustard and whisk until smooth. Cook until very thick, about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low.
- Take 1/4 cup of the sauce and slowly pour it into the beaten egg, whisking constantly to avoid cooking the eggs. Whisk together until smooth. Pour the egg into the sauce, whisking constantly. Stir until smooth. Add in the cheese and stir to melt. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt and the pepper. Add any additional spices if desired. Taste the sauce and add more salt and seasoned salt as needed! DO NOT UNDERSALT.
- Pour in the drained, cooked macaroni and stir to combine. Serve immediately (while it's still very creamy) or pour into a buttered baking dish, top with extra cheese and bake until bubbly and golden on top, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Fry the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until slightly crisp, about 8 minutes. Remove from the pan and cut into bite-size pieces.
- In a separate pan, cook the onions in the butter over a low heat until caramelized, 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Use a fork to crumble the gorgonzola.
- Put the bacon, caramelized onions and crumbled gorgonzola into separate bowls. Serve as delicious toppings for both sliders and macaroni cheese.
CLASSIC SOUTHERN MACARONI AND CHEESE
Provided by Virginia Willis
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-by-13-inch ovenproof casserole dish.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook until tender (a little more than al dente), about 12 minutes. Drain well in a colander.
- In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, cheese, milk and eggs. Add some salt and pepper. Transfer to the prepared dish.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool slightly before serving.
BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE
- For the macaroni: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add the salt and macaroni. Bring the water back to a boil and cook the macaroni until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain well.
- For the cheese sauce: Meanwhile, melt the butter in a 1-quart saucepan. Using a wire whisk, stir in the flour and salt, stirring and cooking over medium heat until the roux bubbles and the flour turns pale brown, about 3 minutes. Slowly whisk in 1 cup of the milk and then whisk in the remaining 1 cup milk. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens. Add the cheese and stir until it melts. Add the drained macaroni to the cheese sauce and mix thoroughly.
- For the topping: In a small bowl, stir the breadcrumbs with the butter until the crumbs are moistened.
- Transfer the macaroni and cheese to the prepared baking dish and top with the buttered breadcrumbs. Bake until the dish bubbles around the edges, about 15 minutes.
BUDGET MACARONI AND CHEESE
This is a quick and creamy main dish. I've tried many macaroni and cheese recipes, but this is my favorite.-Debbie Carlson, San Diego, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add the flour, salt and pepper; stir until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. , Drain macaroni. Add to the cheese mixture; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 412 calories, Fat 20g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 61mg cholesterol, Sodium 437mg sodium, Carbohydrate 44g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 15g protein.
CREAMY MACARONI AND CHEESE
This is the ultimate creamy mac and cheese recipe. It's saucy, thick and very rich, with a wonderful cheddar flavor. Once you taste it, you'll be hooked. -Cindy Hartley, Chesapeake, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. , Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add 1-1/2 cups milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in sour cream, Velveeta, Parmesan cheese, salt, mustard and pepper until smooth and cheese is melted. Add additional milk to reach desired consistency. , Drain macaroni; toss with cheddar cheese. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Stir in cream sauce. , Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 653 calories, Fat 46g fat (30g saturated fat), Cholesterol 143mg cholesterol, Sodium 1141mg sodium, Carbohydrate 35g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 25g protein.
DELICIOUS AND EASY MACARONI AND CHEESE
- Boil the macaroni for 4 minutes or until half-cooked (salt the water!)
- In a medium saucepan heat the half-and-half with cayenne, salt and pepper. Add macaroni and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese and cook on medium heat until the cheese melts. Pour into a buttered casserole and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 15 minutes until the cheese melts.
BASIC MACARONI AND CHEESE
This is a very basic macaroni and cheese that is good on it's own, or can be used as the base to many different spins.
Provided by Amber Matlock
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Boil and drain macaroni per box instructions.
- Melt the butter in a skillet.
- Sprinkle in flour and stir until pasty.
- Whisk in warmed milk and let cook until thickened.
- Add cheese to sauce.
- Add sauce to pasta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 682.6, Fat 33.1, SaturatedFat 20.5, Cholesterol 101.1, Sodium 548.6, Carbohydrate 63.5, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 2.4, Protein 31.7
EASY CROCK POT MACARONI AND CHEESE
From Company's Coming Slow Cooker Recipes. I love to make this when my kids have skating lessons. I can throw it into the crockpot after school and when lessons are over, dinner is waiting. If you are lucky enough to have two crock pots, you can have a glazed ham going in the other one and your dinner is ready to go!
Provided by Pamela
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 cups, 3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Spray crockpot with non-stick spray for easy cleaning.
- In a saucepan, combine first 5 ingredients.
- Pour in milk and stir with a whisk until no lumps remain.
- Heat and continue stirring until mixture boils and is thickened.
- Add cheese and then macaroni.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Pour into 3 1/2 quart (3. 5L) slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-2 1/2 hours or on high for 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 685.7, Fat 28.9, SaturatedFat 17.7, Cholesterol 93.5, Sodium 1250.6, Carbohydrate 73.2, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 2.5, Protein 32.4
EASY ONE-POT MAC 'N' CHEESE RECIPE BY TASTY
- In a large pot on medium-high heat, gently heat the milk to a simmer.
- Add in the elbow macaroni. Cook until the pasta is tender.
- Once the noodles are cooked, turn off the heat. Add in the butter, cheddar, salt, and pepper. Fold these ingredients with the pasta until the cheese and butter melt into the milk to create a thick sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 758 calories, Carbohydrate 72 grams, Fat 37 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 32 grams, Sugar 12 grams
MACARONI AND CHEESE
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 3-quart casserole dish; set aside. Place bread in a medium bowl. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Pour butter into bowl with bread, and toss. Set breadcrumbs aside.
- In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, heat milk. Melt remaining 6 tablespoons butter in a high-sided skillet over medium heat. When butter bubbles, add flour. Cook, whisking, 1 minute.
- While whisking, slowly pour in hot milk. Continue cooking, whisking constantly, until the mixture bubbles and becomes thick.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in salt, nutmeg, black pepper, cayenne pepper, 3 cups cheddar cheese, and 1 1/2 cups Gruyere or 1 cup Pecorino Romano; set cheese sauce aside.
- Fill a large saucepan with water; bring to a boil. Add macaroni; cook 2 to 3 minutes less than manufacturer's directions, until the outside of pasta is cooked and the inside is underdone. (Different brands of macaroni cook at different rates; be sure to read the instructions.) Transfer macaroni to a colander, rinse under cold running water, and drain well. Stir macaroni into the reserved cheese sauce
- Pour mixture into prepared dish. Sprinkle remaining 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup Gruyere or 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano, and breadcrumbs over top. Bake until browned on top, about 30 minutes. Transfer dish to a wire rack to cool 5 minutes; serve hot.
3-INGREDIENT MAC & CHEESE RECIPE BY TASTY
Nothing says comforting and classic like mac and cheese. Remember when you were a little kid and you sat down at the dinner table? There it was: a glorious pot of mac and cheese. Ooey, gooey, and oh-so-delightful. Well, we're taking you back there with our 3-ingredient mac-hack. That's right: only three ingredients to bliss. It's so good, you'll never go back to the boxed stuff!
Provided by Alvin Zhou
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 3
- In a large pot, bring the milk to a boil.
- Add the pasta and stir constantly until the pasta is cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, then add the cheddar. Stir until the cheese is melted and the pasta is evenly coated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 803 calories, Carbohydrate 100 grams, Fat 27 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 37 grams, Sugar 18 grams
EASY MACARONI AND CHEESE
A wonderful and easy Macaroni and cheese recipe. Have dinner ready for the hungry kids quickly. Serve alone or as a side dish.
Provided by Chelsea_
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Melt butter in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Add milk and macaroni to saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and cover.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add cheese, and stir until cheese melts.
THE EASIEST BAKED MACARONI & CHEESE
There may be lots of recipes out there for macaroni and cheese, but this is the first one I ever found that you don't have to cook the macaroni before you bake it. It is also really simple to put together - all in the casserole dish you are baking it in! I got this from a newsletter of an organization. I take this to potlucks all the time and I always come home with none of it left. It's a dish I'm constantly handing out the recipe for; be sure not to use cheese that has been frozen and thawed because it will ruin the consistency of the dish. You can also cut down on the butter if you would like to lose some of the fat. This is not a real creamy cheesy type of macaroni and cheese, which can sometimes be a little too rich for our tastes. I've made those, but my family prefers this kind over any other.
Provided by CookingONTheSide
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in microwave.
- Pour macaroni in 2-3 quart casserole dish. Pour butter over macaroni. Stir well to coat.
- Add salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Add cheese. Sometimes I may use a mixture of monterey, colby and cheddar, depending on what I have at the time. Mix well.
- Add milk. Do not stir.
- Bake uncovered in oven for 60 minutes. I do think this tastes best when it is still hot from the oven.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 704, Fat 37.3, SaturatedFat 23.1, Cholesterol 116.4, Sodium 1131.8, Carbohydrate 61.2, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 2, Protein 30.7
EASY EASY MACARONI CHEESE
Very simple Macaroni Cheese
Provided by kuzeyboy
Yield Serves 2
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Boil water and when boiling, add pasta.
- Mix butter and flour to make a roux in a saucepan. Take off the heat.
- Introduce and gradual mix in the milk to make sure it remains smooth.
- Return to heat and once bubbling, remove from heat.
- Stir in cheese until it has all melted.
- Drain the pasta into a casserole dish, add the cheese sauce and sprinkle the red Leicester on the top.
- Place under grill and remove when slightly browned.
MACARONI AND CHEESE FOR TWO
This is one of those dishes that our family calls "a Mama recipe." My mother rarely consulted a cookbook, so when asked for a recipe, she could only estimate. I've worked out the ingredients to make it for two, but it can easily be doubled. It's simply a good, wholesome dish most folks seem to enjoy. -Betty Allen, East Point, Georgia
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a medium bowl, combine macaroni, cheese, milk, egg and salt; mix well. Pour into a greased 1-qt. shallow baking dish; dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 447 calories, Fat 27g fat (18g saturated fat), Cholesterol 190mg cholesterol, Sodium 1050mg sodium, Carbohydrate 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 21g protein.
More about "simple macaroni and cheese recipes"
72 BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES | RECIPES, DINNERS …
MACARONI AND CHEESE CASSEROLE RECIPE (NO SAUCE)
SIMPLE STOVETOP MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE | PBS FOOD
EASY HOMEMADE MAC AND CHEESE - TASTES BETTER FROM …
OUR 10 BEST MAC AND CHEESE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
15 BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
EASY MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE - COOK WITH …
EASY MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE // VIDEO - THE …
MACARONI AND CHEESE | RICARDO
THE BEST HOMEMADE BAKED MAC AND CHEESE - MOM …
BEST-EVER MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
CLASSIC BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE | SOUTHERN …
MACARONI CHEESE - A JULIE GOODWIN RECIPE - SIMPLE BUT …
MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
EXTRA CHEESY HOMEMADE MAC AND CHEESE - BUDGET BYTES
GREG'S FAVORITE MACARONI & CHEESE RECIPE
SUPER SIMPLE MACARONI CHEESE - EASY PEASY FOODIE
MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
EASIEST BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE (THE BEST!) - RACHEL COOKS®
12 DELICIOUS LEFTOVER MAC AND CHEESE RECIPES
HOMEMADE MAC & CHEESE (EXTRA CREAMY) SPEND WITH PENNIES
GRAND LUX CAFE MACARONI AND CHEESE SKILLET - COPYKAT RECIPES
EASY MAC AND CHEESE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
BEST MAC AND CHEESE SAUCE (THICK & CREAMY) - CHEESE KNEES
STONEY RIVER SMOKED GOUDA MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE
CREAMY BAKED MAC AND CHEESE - THE CHUNKY CHEF
BBC MACARONI CHEESE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
AIR FRYER MAC AND CHEESE (YES, YOU CAN!)
BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE MAC …
MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
EASY HOMEMADE MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE - ONE POT RECIPE
You'll also love