EASY SMOKED SALMON PASTA
A really quick, easy sauce for 'pasta asciutta,' which means 'dry pasta.' It's not a dish over-loaded with sauce, but one that appreciates the simple smokiness of good smoked salmon. Serve sprinkled with some Parmesan or garnished with some parsley. This is not a creamy, thick sauce. Just one that really brings out the simple, yet fantastic flavors of smoked salmon. Enjoy!
Provided by Rosie Liao
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Fill a large pot with lightly-salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir the linguine into the water and return to a boil. Cook uncovered until the pasta has cooked through but is still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of the water.
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat; when the mixture begins to bubble, add the shallots and cook until softened. Stir the salmon, cream cheese, and milk into the shallot mixture. Mix the reserved water from the pasta into the mixture. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with the pasta to serve.
CREAMY SMOKED SALMON PASTA
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion in butter until tender.
- Stir flour and garlic powder into the butter and onions. Gradually stir in milk. Heat to just below boiling point, and then gradually stir in cheese until the sauce is smooth. Stir in peas and mushrooms., and cook over low heat for 4 minutes.
- Toss in smoked salmon, and cook for 2 more minutes. Serve over pasta.
SMOKED SALMON PASTA
This is an awesome pasta that is quick to make and very satisfying. I first copied a recipe from Bon Appetit and then combined it with several recipes from my cookbooks. Over the years I have tweeked it to the recipe it is today. I have used fresh salmon in place of smoked salmon when I have not been able to get smoked salmon, and it was very good as well. Served with a salad it makes a very lovely meal.
Provided by Expat in Holland
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Cook Pasta as directed. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil. Add mushrooms, shallots, garlic and cayenne. Saute until veggies are tender.
- Add white wine and bring to boil. Add cream and bring to boil. Let simmer for 3minutes.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest and salmon. Bring to boil and let simmer 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add capers, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour salmon mixture onto hot drained pasta. Toss to mix. Add Parmsean and toss well. Let set for 2 minutes as pasta will absorb any extra liquid.
PASTA WITH SMOKED SALMON AND CAPERS
Another classic combination, this dish makes people think you went to a lot of trouble. Actually it's quite simple. Any shape of pasta works, but I prefer a small noodle such as shells or bowties. Despite what an Italian might otherwise recommend, I like to serve this dish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Provided by Mitchell Davis
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, but not browned. Add the smoked salmon and continue cooking just until the salmon turns opaque, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour in the cream and add the capers. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Be careful how much salt you add because the smoked salmon and capers are both salty. Add the pasta and toss to coat. If there doesn't appear to be enough sauce, add a couple of tablespoons of the pasta cooking water to thin it down. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
SMOKED SALMON PASTA
This pasta originally came to be from the miscellaneous ingredients in my fridge, and depending on whom I'm cooking for, it changes a little each time I make it. The recipe makes enough for a party or for leftovers, which is a bonus because it's excellent the next day, whether you serve it cold or reheated. -Jackie Hennon, Boise, Idaho
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add next 5 ingredients. Break salmon into bite-sized pieces; add to tomato mixture. Stir in pesto, basil and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender, 8-10 minutes., Drain pasta. Add to salmon mixture; stir to combine. Top with cheeses.
FARFALLE PASTA WITH SMOKED SALMON AND CREAM CHEESE
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Add onion to pot; immediately drain pasta mixture, and return to pot.
- Add cream cheese, dill, capers, and salmon to pasta. Toss, adding reserved pasta water a little at a time to create a thin sauce that coats farfalle (you may not need all the water). Season lightly with salt and pepper. Serve.
People also searched
More about "smoked salmon with pasta recipes"
PASTA WITH SMOKED SALMON IN CREAMY SAUCE - 2 SISTERS ...
2020-01-24 · Pasta with Smoked Salmon in a Creamy Sauce Pasta with Smoked Salmon in a Creamy Sauce is made with extra virgin olive oil, onion, smoked salmon and heavy cream, …
- In a deep large or medium-size non-stick skillet. Heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add the minced onion. Saute for a few minutes until the onion becomes translucent.
- Meanwhile, Use a food processor, or a mini chopper, and add chopped pieces of smoked salmon. Pulse a few times, until the smoked salmon is chopped into tiny pieces.
SALMON PASTA | SALMON PASTA RECIPES | TESCO REAL FOOD
2018-03-10 · Creamy smoked salmon and lemon pasta recipe. 1 star; 2 star; 3 star; 4 star; 5 star; 397 ratings Rate. Succulent smoked salmon and zingy lemon transform this simple pasta …
SMOKED SALMON PASTA RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
2021-07-03 · Add pasta, some pasta cooking liquid, smoked salmon, toasted pine nuts, parsley, zest to sauce: Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet with the sauce. Add back some of the pasta cooking liquid to the pasta if it is a little dry. Add the smoked salmon, toasted …
See details »
10 BEST HEALTHY SMOKED SALMON PASTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-08-26 · Smoked Salmon Pasta Simply Recipes pine nuts, salmon, fresh ground black pepper, smoked salmon, cream and 17 more Creamy Smoked Salmon Pasta with Dill Oat Sesame pasta, salt, pepper, shallot, grated Parmesan, olive oil, garlic and 3 more
See details »
SMOKED SALMON PASTA (EASY RECIPE!) | THE ENDLESS MEAL®
2020-04-03 · Break the smoked salmon into pieces and add it to the pan along with the cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, sour cream, lemon juice, capers, chili flakes, and ½ cup of the pasta water. Bring the pan to …
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water then drain the pasta and put it back into the pot. Place the spinach on top of the pasta.
- While the pasta cooks, begin making the sauce. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes, until it is transparent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Break the smoked salmon into pieces and add it to the pan along with the cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, sour cream, lemon juice, capers, chili flakes, and ½ cup of the pasta water. Bring the pan to a boil and stir until everything is creamy and mixed together. Season to taste with salt and pepper then mix in the dill.
- Pour the smoked salmon sauce into the pasta pot and mix everything together. If needed, add a splash more pasta water to loosen the pasta.
SMOKED SALMON AND LEMON PASTA - RECIPE WINNERS
2021-01-04 · stir in lemon juice and parmesan and mix through the sauce add chives and smoked salmon to the sauce add drained pasta and reserved pasta cooking water cook for a further 2-3 minutes till pasta is thoroughly coated with the sauce
BEST SMOKED SALMON PASTA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE SMOKED ...
2018-11-22 · Add wine and cook until almost completely reduced, 5 minutes. Add heavy cream and lemon juice and cook until thickened, another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add salmon, capers, and dill...
SMOKED SALMON WITH LINGUINE PASTA RECIPE - BLUE FUFU
2020-08-25 · Smoked salmon with linguine pasta is a recipe that is very dear to my heart. It brings back so many memories from my time in Italy. When I first moved to Italy, the only pasta recipe that I knew was tomato sauce with pasta. Before me joining my husband (Patrick) in Italy, he had been playing professional basketball there for over five years and he was used to eating pasta …
- Add some salt and a dash of oil the my boiling water to prevent the pasta from sticking together. Once, the pasta is al dente put the pot to the side. You can refer to your pasta package for instructions.
HOT-SMOKED SALMON PASTA | SALMON RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER ...
2017-11-03 · Meanwhile, roughly break the salmon into a large non-stick frying pan on a medium-high heat. Add the sliced asparagus stalks, and toss occasionally until the pasta’s ready. Finely grate half the lemon zest into the salmon pan, squeeze in half the juice, then toss in the drained pasta…
- Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions, then drain, reserving a mugful of cooking water.
CREAMY SMOKED SALMON PASTA: RECIPE | UNPEELED
2021-04-25 · Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until just shy of al dente. Drain, reserving some pasta water. While the water is boiling, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the …
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until just shy of al dente. Drain, reserving some pasta water.
- While the water is boiling, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the salmon, lemon juice, half of the lemon zest, and half of the chives. Cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the cream and cook over low heat (the cream should be at a simmer) for about 5 minutes.
- Add the drained pasta to the cream mixture. Cook for a few minutes, tossing to coat. Taste for seasoning. If the pasta looks a little dry, add pasta water a tablespoon or two at a time until it is creamy enough.
CREAMY ONE-POT PASTA WITH SMOKED SALMON AND ASPARAGUS ...
2018-07-09 · Once the sauce has thickened and coated the pasta, add the cooked onion/garlic/asparagus you set aside earlier to the noodles as well as the spinach, capers, lemon zest, and smoked salmon. Toss again to distribute the ingredients throughout the pasta. Remove the pasta …
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Then, add the garlic, onions, and asparagus; sauté until the ingredients are fragrant and tender—about 5-7 minutes. Once these ingredients are tender, carefully transfer them to a bowl with a slotted spoon and cover the bowl with a plate to trap the heat. Set them aside.
- Pour two cups of the vegetable broth into that same cooking vessel and bring the broth to a simmer. Scrape any browned bits to deglaze the pan. This will add extra flavor. Add the pasta, fully immersing it (or as much as you can) into the simmering broth, and lower the heat to medium-low. Add the fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Let the noodles simmer in the broth until they're al dente or your preference of tenderness. In general, this should take about 25 minutes. Add extra broth as needed throughout the cooking process. If you're out of broth, simply use water. The noodles soak up a lot of the liquid as they cook, so you want to keep the cooking vessel replenished with liquid until the noodles are fully cooked, otherwise you'll be frying them.
- When the noodles are near done, add the milk and the cream cheese, as well as a pinch of kosher salt and cracked black pepper. Stir well to mix and melt the cheese, and keep tossing the pasta until completely coated. Once the sauce has thickened and coated the pasta, add the cooked onion/garlic/asparagus you set aside earlier to the noodles as well as the spinach, capers, lemon zest, and smoked salmon. Toss again to distribute the ingredients throughout the pasta.
FARFALLE PASTA WITH SMOKED SALMON & ZUCCHINI – THE PASTA ...
2017-09-21 · When researching farfalle pasta with smoked salmon on Italian recipe and cooking sites, I came across many many recipes. Most include cream and some kind of spirit such as vodka or cognac, others were with tomato sauce and many are made with the addition of vegetables, mostly zucchini or peas. I decided on this recipe which has zucchini, cream and smoked salmon …
- Put a large pan of water onto boil for the pasta. When it starts to boil add some salt and bring to the boil again.
- In the meantime, wash the zucchini, pat it dry and cut off the ends. Cut the zucchini lengthwise in 4 parts. Cut each quarter in two and cut into cubes.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan or skillet and add the crushed garlic cloves. As soon as the garlic begins to soften, add the zucchini and sauté for a couple of minutes.
SMOKED SALMON PASTA CARBONARA - INSIDE THE RUSTIC KITCHEN
2018-02-08 · To Make Traditional Pasta Carbonara. Substitute the smoked salmon for guanciale (Italian cured pig cheek) or pancetta around 150g/5.2 oz for four servings. Fry the pancetta while the pasta is cooking until slightly crispy. Turn off the heat and add the pasta …
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the linguine or long pasta shape of your choice. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions until al dente.
- Meanwhile, cut the smoked salmon into thin strips and finely chop some fresh parsley (this is optional but I think it adds a nice freshness to the pasta).
- Next, add the eggs to a bowl and whisk together, add the grated parmesan and a good pinch of salt and pepper, stir to combine.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and add it back into the pot you cooked it in. Sprinkle over the strips of salmon then add the whisked eggs and parmesan mixture, immediately stir the pasta to coat it evenly in egg and to distribute the salmon throughout the pasta evenly.
ROSEMARIE'S BEST SMOKED SALMON WITH COGNAC CREAM PASTA ...
2019-03-22 · The Best Smoked Salmon (read: economical) For Pasta. Good smoked salmon is a luxury item and it can cost as much as $12 for a 4-ounce package. A bit rich for my blood, so for me, the best smoked salmon is one that’s affordable.I like to buy my smoked salmon in bulk at Costco, where I can get a full pound of salmon for about $15. This recipe …
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Cut a shallow "X" on the bottom of each tomato and add to the boiling water. Cook for 30 seconds to a minute, just until the skins start to loosen.
- Cook the pasta to al dente according to the package directions. When pasta is ready, drain, but don't rinse. While the pasta is cooking, make the Tomato Cream Sauce.
- In a saucepan over medium low heat melt the butter with the olive oil. Stir in the onions and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and cook for 3 minutes or until the onions are transclucent (do not brown).
CREAMY SMOKED SALMON PASTA RECIPE - SALT PEPPER SKILLET
2021-02-11 · Gently stir in the smoked salmon and warm through. Taste then season with salt and pepper. Also stir in any add-ins -- like capers, olives or asparagus -- at this point. Add the cooked pasta and continue …
- Bring 4 quarts of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta al dente, as it will finish cooking in and absorb the sauce. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Sautee the onion with a sprinkle of salt until it is tender and translucent but not browned, about 4 to 5 minutes.
OUR BEST SALMON PASTA RECIPES - GOODTOKNOW
- Salmon and pea pasta. The peas add colour and a touch of sweetness to this farfalle pasta recipe, while al dente asparagus tips give an otherwise soft dish a bit of crunch.
- One pot smoked salmon pasta. This one pot pasta dish is versatile because you can swap the veg and pasta ingredients if you wish. The smoked salmon adds a warming flavour.
- Salmon and spinach tagliatelle. Economical, speedy and tasty, this meal combines tinned salmon with iron-rich spinach and reduced-fat sour cream. Ready in just 20 minutes.
- Smoked salmon carbonara with fried egg and asparagus. Smoked salmon paired with a classic carbonara sauce and pasta. Topped with a fried egg and finished with asparagus, this dish is very filling and flavoursome.
- Creamy salmon tagliatelle. Crème fraiche and salmon are a very happy match. Watch how to make one of our favourite leftover salmon recipes at home with our simple step-by-step video.
- Salmon fillets on tagliatelle with tomato and pesto salsa. By far one of our best salmon fillet recipes, this dish brings salmon together with fresh tagliatelle, tomatoes, and pesto salsa to make one mouth-watering meal.
- Superfood salmon stir-fry. Ok, so this is technically a stir-fry. However, it’s easy to convert into a pasta dish. All you need to do is serve it with pasta like tagliatelle or spaghetti instead of noodles.
- Broccoli and salmon pasta. Another versatile salmon pasta recipe, you can swap the salmon fillets for tinned or smoked salmon if you prefer and use whatever pasta shapes you have in the cupboard.
- Salmon with parsley pesto. Prepare this side of salmon then instead of serving it with roasted fennel and new potatoes slice it up and rest it on a bed of wholewheat spaghetti.
- Salmon with vegetable pasta in tomato sauce. Low in fat, rich in protein and heavy on the veg, this is an ideal dinner for those keeping a count of calories.
10 BEST PASTA WITH SMOKED SALMON AND PEAS RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-08-19 · Creamy Smoked Salmon Pasta with Dill Oat Sesame pepper, heavy cream, sockeye salmon, salt, pasta, olive oil, fresh dill and 3 more Smoked Salmon and Leek Pasta Gratin Lolibox penne pasta, ground black pepper, white wine, soy cream, olive oil and 6 more
See details »
SALMON PASTA RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
SMOKED SALMON PASTA - THE RECIPIEST
2021-08-04 · Smoked salmon pasta is a delicious and simple pasta dish that is creamy and utterly delicious. It is made with smoked salmon, capers, heavy cream, and white wine. The dish is effortless to make and a perfect pasta dish for every occasion. Here is the complete recipe for smoked salmon pasta . Ingredients. 1 Lb Spaghetti, al dente 1/2 Lb Smoked Diced Salmon 1/2 Cup Pasta Water 1 Pcs Chopped ...
See details »
SMOKED SALMON PASTA RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD