SOUL VEG VEGAN MAC'N'CHEESE
The best vegan mac n' cheese I've ever had! The recipe comes from the Soul Vegetarian Cook Book, but I've only had this at their restaurants. I'm trying it tomorrow--I'll let you know how it goes!
Provided by Making Stuff
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Boil water in medium sauce pan and add noodles. Turn off the heat. Let macaroni stand in hot water until al dente (about 5 minutes). Drain in colander. Run cold water over noodles to stop cooking process.
- Blend tofu and soy milk in blender until smooth. Pour into mixing bowl. Add tahini, nutritional yeast, turmeric, and salt to taste. Mix until smooth.
- Add noodles to cheese mixture. Mix well.
- Place in lightly oiled casserole dish, top with pats of margarine.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. Allow to cool before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 354.2, Fat 12.8, SaturatedFat 1.9, Sodium 72.4, Carbohydrate 46.6, Fiber 5.2, Sugar 1.3, Protein 15.4
VEGAN BAKED MAC AND CHEESE
If you have vegan dinner guests or are trying to cut back on the dairy, this mac 'n' cheese will satisfy your craving, I promise. The nutritional yeast gives it that "cheesy" flavor and the ground mustard makes it taste like my original recipe. Plus, the pureed butternut squash gives the sauce that iconic yellow hue.
Provided by Kardea Brown
Yield 8 to 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain, and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine the cashews with enough boiling water to cover in a medium bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, cornstarch, garlic powder, ground mustard and 1 1/2 cups water in a high-powered blender. Blend until very smooth, adding more water if necessary to reach the desired consistency. Stir in the butternut squash and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir together the cooked pasta and sauce in a lightly greased 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Stir together the panko, Parmesan and olive oil in a bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the pasta. Bake until the pasta is bubbly and the topping is browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
VEGAN MAC AND CHEESE
Many creamy vegan pasta recipes call for an arsenal of expensive ingredients, but this one relies on more approachable ones, like cashews and almond milk for richness, nutritional yeast for tang and soy sauce for complex saltiness. Sautéed onions do double duty: They serve as a thickener and help offset the sweetness of the cashews. This simple stovetop pasta is wonderful on its own, but feel free to add roasted vegetables, fresh herbs, spices, harissa or hot sauce. For a quick-baked version worthy of Thanksgiving dinner, pile the prepared mac and cheese into a casserole dish, top with panko and more nutritional yeast, and broil for a few minutes until golden brown.
Provided by Alexa Weibel
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Meanwhile, add the cashews to a large nonstick skillet and heat over medium, stirring frequently, until fragrant, toasty and slightly golden, about 4 minutes. Transfer cashews to a blender and add the almond milk. Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel.
- Add the oil to the skillet and heat over medium. Add the onion, garlic, onion powder, ground turmeric and mustard powder, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, until onions are very tender, 8 to 10 minutes, lowering the heat as necessary to avoid scorching. Remove from the heat, stir in 1/2 cup nutritional yeast and the tamari, then transfer to the blender.
- Blend the cashew mixture on high until thick and creamy, about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed. (This works best with a high-power blender, but any blender will work - just keep blending the mixture 1 to 2 more minutes after the mixture looks creamy; it will emulsify further.) You should have about 1 1/2 cups.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water. Drain pasta, then return cooked pasta to the pot. Stir in the cashew cream, then add the pasta cooking water 1/4 cup at a time until you achieve desired sauciness. Season to taste with salt, pepper and additional nutritional yeast, if desired. Serve immediately. (The sauce thickens significantly as it sits. If it starts to coagulate, or if you have any leftover macaroni and cheese, stir in a splash of the remaining pasta cooking water to loosen.)
- If you'd like a little crunch on top, prepare the optional panko topping: Heat the broiler. In a small bowl, add the panko, olive oil and 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast. Pinch the mixture together gently to combine thoroughly; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the prepared macaroni to a lightly oiled 9-by-13-inch baking dish, arrange in an even layer and sprinkle the panko mixture on top, if using. Transfer to the oven on the shelf nearest to the broiler and broil until just golden on top, about 2 minutes. (The panko toasts quickly, so you'll want to keep an eye on it.) Serve immediately.
THE BEST VEGAN MAC AND CHEESE
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Peel and finely chop potatoes when cool enough to handle.
- Combine potatoes, onion, carrot, and garlic in a small pot over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons water and cook until soft enough to blend and water is mostly evaporated, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Transfer sauce to a blender. Add 3/4 cup water, cashews, soy milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt, paprika, and cayenne. Cover the blender and hold lid down with a potholder; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend until smooth.
- Heat 2 tablespoons water in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add broccoli and cook until soft but still a little crunchy, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large serving bowl. Pour sauce in and mix until thoroughly coated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 325.6 calories, Carbohydrate 51.8 g, Fat 9.2 g, Fiber 8.6 g, Protein 14.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 586.1 mg, Sugar 3.9 g
THE BEST EVER VEGAN MAC 'N' CHEESE RECIPE BY TASTY
Whether you're lactose intolerant or just looking to cut back on dairy, this creamy, dreamy mac stands up to the real thing. Made with velvety cashew milk and roasted garlic, you'll be going back for seconds and thirds.
Provided by Rachel Gaewski
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Add the cashews to a medium bowl and cover with warm water by 1 inch (2 ½ cm). Soak for 3-4 hours, until the cashews are softened and plump, then drain.
- While the cashews are soaking, make the roasted garlic: Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut off the top ½ inch (1 ¼ cm) of the head of garlic and drizzle the exposed cloves with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Replace the top of the head of garlic and wrap tightly in foil. Roast for 35-40 minutes, until the cloves are easily pierced with a fork. Unwrap the garlic and let cool completely. Once cooled, squeeze all of the cloves from their skins.
- Add the soaked cashews, roasted garlic cloves, and cold water to a high-powered blender. Blend on high speed until completely smooth. 30-60 seconds. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a 12-inch (30 G) cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the panko, paprika, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Stir with a spatula to coat the bread crumbs in the oil. Toast, stirring frequently, for 3-5 minutes, until the bread crumbs are lightly golden brown. Transfer the bread crumbs to a bowl and set aside. Wipe out the skillet.
- In the same skillet, melt together the vegan butter and remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the minced garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant but not browned. Whisk in the flour, making sure there are no clumps. Cook the roux for 3-4 minutes, whisking continuously, until the flour is golden in color and fragrant.
- Add the blended cashew mixture to the skillet and whisk well to combine with the roux. Add the nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar, turmeric, pepper, and the remaining 2 teaspoons of salt. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the sauce for 2-3 minutes, until slightly thickened. It should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon and pool when drizzled, but not so thick that it is gloppy. If the cheese sauce is too thick, add more water, 2 tablespoons at a time, until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Add the elbow noodles to the sauce and toss until well coated.
- Sprinkle the toasted bread crumbs on top of the pasta in an even layer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling around the edges of the skillet and the bread crumbs are deep golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh minced parsley and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 615 calories, Carbohydrate 83 grams, Fat 23 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 17 grams, Sugar 4 grams
THE BEST VEGAN MACARONI AND CHEESE EVER
I found this recipe over at vegweb.com but I am typing it up here so I can use the easy conversions and see the nutritional information. It received so many positive comments that I have to try it. One of the only complaints is that it can be very salty, so you might want to consider cutting back on the soy sauce or not adding additional salt.
Provided by katedanger
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Boil water in a big pot for the pasta.
- All of the ingredients sans pasta can easily go in a blender (liquid and powdered) -- this is by far the easiest way.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and put it in the baking pan pour the cheese sauce over the pasta.
- Bake until the top of the pasta looks slightly browned and crispy about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 961, Fat 43.5, SaturatedFat 3.8, Sodium 2122.5, Carbohydrate 111.6, Fiber 17.7, Sugar 6, Protein 39.5
VEGAN MAC AND CHEESE
The combination of soaked cashews and nutritional yeast creates a savory sauce for this vegan mac and cheese. The cashews don't blend up completely smooth, but will have a fine texture even after processing, which helps the sauce cling to the noodles. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Rinse cashews in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add water to cover by 3 in. Cover and let stand overnight., Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and rinse cashews, discarding liquid. Transfer to a food processor. Add 1-1/2 cups water, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and seasonings; cover and process until pureed, 3-4 minutes, scraping down sides as needed., Drain macaroni; return to pan. Stir in cashew mixture. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until heated through. Sprinkle with additional paprika if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 497 calories, Fat 18g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 803mg sodium, Carbohydrate 67g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 18g protein.
More about "soul veg vegan macncheese recipes"
NEW SOUL KITCHEN’S ULTIMATE VEGAN MAC ‘N CHEESE | CLEO …
Estimated Reading Time 1 minTotal Time 1 hr
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread out squash on sheet and drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt, then toss to coat. Roast for 20 minutes and flip and roast for another 20 minutes until fork tender. Let cool an reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Cook pasta until al dente, the pasta should have a bite to it and drain water. You do not want to overcook the pasta since it will bake in the oven.
- Drain and rinse cashews then place in a blender. Juice half of the lemon into the blender and add in raw garlic, garlic powder, onion powder, nutritional yeast, chili powder, smoked paprika, liquid smoke, hot sauce, and water then blend until smooth. Pour on your desired amount of sauce and stir to combine. Stir in Earth Balance and mix until it begins to melt. Add in Daiya© cheeses (excluding removed portions) and almond milk. Allow to heat through until cheese becomes gooey and creamy.
- Transfer mac and cheese to a baking dish and top with remaining cheese and breadcrumbs evenly. Cover with foil and bake for 30-40 minutes until cheese begins to bubble. Allow to cool slightly before cutting and serving.
VEGAN SOUL FOOD MAC AND CHEESE RECIPES THAT'LL MAKE …
24 TOP VEGAN MAC 'N' CHEESE RECIPES - BAD TO THE BOWL
VEGAN MAC AND CHEESE - GLORIOUSLY VEGAN - PLANT BASED RECIPES ...
SOUL VEG VEGAN MAC'N'CHEESE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CLASSIC VEGAN MAC AND CHEESE - CONNOISSEURUS VEG
CRISPY BAKED VEGAN MAC AND CHEESE - RAINBOW PLANT LIFE
SOUL VEG VEGAN MAC'N'CHEESE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
THE BEST VEGAN MAC AND CHEESE (CLASSIC, BAKED)
EAT ATLANTA: HOW TO MAKE VEGAN MAC AND CHEESE - YOUTUBE
TASTE TEST: VEGAN MAC & CHEESE FROM SOUL VEGAN
BEST EVER VEGAN MAC & CHEESE RECIPE W/ PHOTOS - VEGANGELA
VEGAN SOUL FOOD RECIPES - THE VGN WAY
THE 31 BEST VEGAN SOUL FOOD RECIPES ON THE INTERNET
HOME - SOUL VEGETARIAN
VEGAN MACARONI AND CHEESE - I HEART VEGETABLES
BAKED VEGAN MAC & CHEESE (+STOVETOP) - THE SIMPLE VEGANISTA
VEGAN SOUL FOOD MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - YOUTUBE
ULTIMATE VEGAN MAC AND CHEESE | THE VEGAN SOCIETY
HEALTHY VEGAN SOUL FOOD: PLANT-BASED SOUTHERN RECIPES
35+ VEGAN SOUL FOOD RECIPES (SOUTHERN-INSPIRED …
ULTIMATE GUIDE TO VEGAN MAC AND CHEESE -7 DIFFERENT WAYS!
VEGAN BAKED MACARONI & CHEESE | I HEART RECIPES
VEGAN SOUL FOOD - VEGAN.COM
VEGAN MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE – PURELY PLANT BASED | THE …
BAKED VEGAN MAC & CHEESE (GLUTEN-FREE, ALLERGY-FREE)
VEGAN SOUL FOOD RECIPE | CAULIFLOWER FRIED “CHICKEN” + MAC AND …
AMAZING VEGAN MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
VEGAN MAC & CHEESE' RECIPE: SIMON HILL PLANT BASED COOKING
15 VEGAN SOUL FOOD RECIPES THE FAMILY WILL GOBBLE UP
SOUL VEG VEGAN MAC'N'CHEESE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
12 BEST VEGAN SOUL FOOD RECIPES - IZZYCOOKING
THE BEST VEGAN MAC AND CHEESE (A FAN FAVORITE!) - DETOXINISTA
EASY VEGAN MAC AND CHEESE (OIL-FREE) - SWEET SIMPLE VEGAN
BAKED VEGAN MAC 'N' CHEESE - VEGANOSITY
23 VEGAN MAC AND CHEESE RECIPES YOU NEED TO TRY | VEGNEWS
SOUL FOOD VEGAN DALLAS - THERESCIPES.INFO
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are the best vegan soul food recipes?These Vegan Soul Food Recipes make the best, easy, healthy, plant-based dinners. African American & Southern meals like raw greens, mac and cheese, black eyed peas and much more! 1. Cauliflower Nashville Hot “Chicken”
What do you put in your vegan Mac and cheese?Most of the vegan mac & cheese use cashews, potato, and carrots. I actually like those three ingredients so I use them in mine. The cashews add a nice creamy texture to the cheese sauce, so does the potatoes. The carrots, and flavor and color. I also use nutritional yeast in the easy vegan mac and cheese.
When was Soul Vegetarian founded?In 1979, lead by our unwavering commitment to wellness and longevity, we created an oasis of health. 100% VEGAN. 100% DELICIOUS. Founded in 1979, Soul Vegetarian was one of the first vegan restaurants in Atlanta. The Best Vegan Comfort Food in the City, Since 1979! 100% VEGAN.
How do you make a vegan pasta bake?Puree the ingredients. Lightly oil a bake dish, then add in the pasta. Pour in the "cheese sauce", and sprinkle in 1 cup of vegan cheese. Fold the ingredients, then top off with remaining vegan cheese. Bake in the oven uncovered on 350 F for 20 minutes.