LENTIL SOUP WITH TOMATO AND TUSCAN KALE
This warming soup is chock-full of fiber and vegetable goodness. "It's made of lentils and dark-green leafy vegetables, and that's a great thing for your body," says New York City chef Marco Canora, from whose cookbook A Good Food Day this recipe is taken. "To have health and wellness," he says, "the best thing you can do is cook for yourself, because you control the fats and salts and you are cooking with whole foods."
Provided by Marco Canora
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- For the lentils: Remove the outer layers from the head of garlic and cut off about 1/4 inch of the stem end to expose the cloves. Add the lentils to a large pot and cover them by 2 inches with water. Add the onion, carrots, celery, bay leaf, the head of garlic and a couple of pinches of salt. Bring the lentils to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the lentils are creamy and tender, about 40 minutes.
- Remove and discard the onion, carrots, celery, bay leaf and garlic. Using an immersion blender, puree about one-third of the lentils and return them to the pot. (Or scoop one-third of the lentils into a standard blender and puree, then add back to the pot.)
- For the soffrito: In a food processor, combine the red onion, carrots, celery, rosemary and thyme and pulse until the vegetables are minced. Add the mixture to a separate large soup pot along with the olive oil. Turn the heat to high and fry the vegetables, stirring occasionally, until they soften and color slightly, 10 to 12 minutes. Add the tomato paste, canned tomatoes with their juice, and a couple pinches of salt to the soffrito and stir. Reduce the heat to medium-high and cook for 10 minutes. Add the kale and another pinch of salt, stirring to coat the leaves. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes, until the kale is soft.
- Add the lentils into the pot of vegetables and stir. Add about 2 cups water, a little at a time, to thin the soup (it can be more or less water, depending on the level of thickness you prefer). Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes to allow the flavors to come together. Taste and add salt, if needed. Serve with black pepper, Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil.
SOUP - SPICED RED LENTIL, TOMATO, AND KALE SOUP RECIPE - (4.4/5)
Provided by BlueSchmoo
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large pot, sauté the onion and garlic in oil for about 5-6 minutes over medium heat. Add in the celery and sauté for a few minutes more. Stir in the bay leaf and the spices (cumin, chili powder, coriander, paprika, cayenne). You can add half the spices and add more later if you prefer. Stir in the can of tomatoes (including juice), broth, and lentils. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and then simmer, uncovered, for about 20-25 minutes, until lentils are tender and fluffy. Stir in kale or spinach and season to taste adding more spices if you wish.
SPICY LENTIL AND KALE SOUP
- In a large, heavy soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Stir in the anchovies until melted, then add the pancetta and cook until crisp. Add the potato, carrots, onion, and garlic. Add the rosemary, bay leaf, paprika, red pepper, allspice, salt and pepper; cook until vegetables are softened, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the lentils, chicken broth and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, stir in the kale, and simmer until the lentils are tender, about 30 minutes. Discard the bay leaf and rosemary sprigs.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340.8, Fat 7.5, SaturatedFat 1.3, Cholesterol 1.1, Sodium 1248.9, Carbohydrate 47.7, Fiber 17.9, Sugar 6.5, Protein 21.9
SPICY TOMATO AND LENTIL SOUP
A quick, easy and tasty recipe for thick lentil soup. This works best using a hand blender or a food mixer, but you can puree it in the blender too. Serve with thickly sliced crusty bread for a filling and delicious meal.
Provided by Dave-o
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Lightly brown the onions in the oil. Add the tomatoes, chili pepper, lentils, cumin and basil to the pan along with the water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the lentils are tender.
- When the lentils have softened, use a stick blender to puree the soup. Season to taste with salt and pepper. For a special touch, put sour cream in a squirt bottle, and squeeze a spiral onto the top of each bowl of soup, and garnish with a sprig of fresh basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 238.5 calories, Carbohydrate 32 g, Cholesterol 6.3 mg, Fat 7 g, Fiber 11.1 g, Protein 12.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 268.9 mg, Sugar 6.5 g
More about "soup spiced red lentil tomato and kale soup recipe 445"
SPICY TOMATO SOUP WITH RED LENTILS - THE LAST FOOD BLOG
5/5 (9)Category LunchCuisine SoupCalories 124 per serving
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.Add the chopped onion, celery and carrot and cook for 10 minutes. Stir the vegetables occasionally.
- Add 2 cloves of minced garlic, ¼ teaspoon of dried red chilli flakes, ⅛ teaspoon of cayenne pepper, ½ a teaspoon of dried oregano, 1 level teaspoon of ground cumin and the chopped coriander (cilantro) stems to the onion mixture and stir well.Cook for a minute then add a heaped tablespoon of tomato puree and stir it into the vegetables.
- Now pour in the chopped tomatoes and the vegetable stock and stir well, then add the lentils to the pan. Stir well again.Add the bay leaf and season with the salt and black pepper.Simmer for 20 minutes or until the red lentils are cooked.Stir in the chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves now.You can now blend the soup if you wish. I use a handheld blender to blend the soup.Serve with a dollop of yoghurt and a scatter of chopped coriander(cilantro) leaves.
SPICED RED LENTIL, TOMATO, AND KALE SOUP - OH SHE GLOWS
5/5 (5)Total Time 30 minsCategory Vegan, SoupCalories 200 per serving
- In a large pot, sauté the onion and garlic in the oil for about 4 to 5 minutes over medium heat. Add in the celery and sauté for a few minutes more.
- Stir in the can of tomatoes (including the juice), broth, and lentils. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and then simmer, uncovered, for about 20 to 25 minutes, until lentils are tender and fluffy.
- Stir in kale or spinach and cook until just wilted. Serve and enjoy! The cooled soup can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3 to 5 days, or you can freeze it in a freezer-safe container (leave 1-inch at the top for expansion) for 1 to 2 months.
RED LENTIL AND KALE SOUP - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
SPICED RED LENTIL, TOMATO, AND KALE SOUP | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR …
RED LENTIL TOMATO SOUP RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
RED LENTIL, COUSCOUS, AND KALE SOUP – BRAN APPETIT
SPICED RED LENTIL, TOMATO, AND KALE SOUP – OH SHE GLOWS | RECIPE …
SPICY LENTIL KALE SOUP RECIPE - GIRL HEART FOOD®
MATT & MORGAN'S RECIPES - SPICED RED LENTIL, TOMATO, …
SPICED RED LENTIL, TOMATO, AND KALE SOUP – IHOMEFITNESS.COM
SPICED RED LENTIL, TOMATO, AND KALE SOUP - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
LENTIL, KALE, AND ROASTED TOMATO SOUP - ROTI N RICE
LENTIL AND KALE SOUP - GREEN VALLEY KITCHEN
KALE LENTIL SOUP RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
THE BEST TURMERIC RED LENTIL SOUP WITH KALE - FOODAL
SPICY RED LENTIL AND TOMATO SOUP - ANDREA MEYERS
VEGAN KALE RED LENTIL SOUP - RUNNING ON REAL FOOD
SPICED LENTIL SOUP RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
LENTIL, TOMATO AND PAPRIKA SOUP WITH CRISPY KALE RECIPE | DELICIOUS ...
KALE AND LENTIL SOUP RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
EASY RED LENTIL AND TOMATO SOUP RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
RED LENTIL SOUP WITH KALE AND CHORIZO RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SPICED RED LENTIL, TOMATO AND KALE SOUP | CANDACECRAVES
SPICED RED LENTIL, TOMATO, AND KALE SOUP | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR …
SPICED CARROT, LENTIL & KALE SOUP - TINNED TOMATOES
SPICED TOMATO SOUP WITH RED LENTILS - UMAMI GIRL
RED LENTIL AND TOMATO SOUP RECIPE & SPICES - THE SPICE HOUSE
SPICED RED LENTIL, TOMATO AND KALE SOUP - VEGAN RECIPE WITH …
SPICY LENTIL SOUP WITH KALE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SPICED RED LENTIL KALE AND TOMATO SOUP RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
SPICED TOMATO & RED LENTIL SOUP - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
SPICY TOMATO AND RED LENTIL SOUP RECIPE - EATWELL101
SPICED RED LENTIL, TOMATO, AND KALE SOUP - SHERRY BABY RECIPES
SPICED RED LENTIL, TOMATO, AND KALE SOUP - MASTERCOOK
EASY TOMATO AND RED LENTIL SOUP (VEGAN) - EASY PEASY FOODIE
SPICY LENTIL TOMATO SOUP WITH HAM RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SPICED TOMATO, LENTIL AND KALE SOUP | FOOD BY JAZZ
CURRIED RED LENTIL, KALE AND SWEET POTATO SOUP - THE BOJON GOURMET
EASY GREEK RED LENTIL SOUP - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
SPICY TOMATO LENTIL SOUP - HEATHER CHRISTO
VEGAN ENERGY: SPICED RED LENTIL, TOMATO AND KALE SOUP
SPICED TOMATO AND RED LENTIL SOUP - KARINA-ALZUBI.COM
RED LENTIL AND KALE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
You'll also love