SOUTHERN CHICKEN RICE SOUP
Meet the Cook: A favorite at soup night at our church, this recipe's one my husband concocted after he retired. (We have four children plus two grandchildren and another on the way.) I frequently find it on the table when I get home from work. -Rosalie Biar, Thorndale, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Place chicken, water and salt in a soup kettle or Dutch oven. Slowly bring to a boil; skim foam. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes or until the chicken is tender., Remove chicken and set side until cool enough to handle. Remove meat from bones and discard bones and skin. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Skim fat from broth. Add the rice, vegetables and seasonings. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 30 minutes., Add the chicken. Simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 204 calories, Fat 9g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 53mg cholesterol, Sodium 815mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 18g protein.
CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP
- For the leftover roast chicken stock: Put the cleaned chicken carcass in a large saucepan along with the salt, peppercorns, celery, bay leaf, carrots and onions and cover with cold water, about 8 cups. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a low simmer and cook for 1 1/2 hours. Strain the stock through a fine-mesh sieve or a colander lined with paper towels. You should have 6 cups stock after cooking.
- For the soup: Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat until hot. Add the garlic, carrots, celery and onions and saute until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the kale and cook for about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Hand-crush the canned tomatoes directly into the pot; it's nice to keep a little texture with the tomatoes. Add the chicken stock and simmer the soup on medium heat for 20 minutes. Fold in the rice and chicken and simmer for 5 more minutes. Finish with chopped parsley and serve in warm bowls with grated Parmesan on top.
CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP
- Season the chicken with the 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat and melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add the chicken, and saute until well browned, about 6 to 8 minutes on each side. Remove meat from the pan and pour off any fat left in the pan. Lower the heat to medium-low, add the remaining butter. Add the celery, leeks, and carrots, saute for 10 minutes. Tie the parsley sprigs, thyme and bay leaf with a piece of kitchen twine and add to the pot along with the chicken and broth. Bring the soup to a boil, adjust the heat to maintain a gentle simmer, cover, and cook for 25 minutes. Remove the chicken and herb bundle. Skim any excess fat from the surface of the soup with a spoon or a ladle. When the chicken is cool enough to handle remove the meat from the bones and cut into 1-inch chunks; add the meat to the soup along with the rice. Cook until the meat and rice are heated through. Season the soup with salt and pepper and chopped parsley. Divide the soup among warm bowls and serve.
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
- Difficulty: Easy
CREAMY CHICKEN RICE SOUP
I came up with this creamy chicken rice soup recipe while making some adjustments to a favorite stovetop chicken casserole. We like this soup for lunch with a crisp roll and fresh fruit. -Janice Mitchell, Aurora, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings (1-1/4 qt.).
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute carrot, celery and onion until tender. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in rice, seasonings and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until rice is tender, about 15 minutes., Mix flour and milk until smooth; stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in chicken; heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 312 calories, Fat 9g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 71mg cholesterol, Sodium 699mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
OLD-FASHIONED CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP
This recipe came from the Ontario Milk Calendar May of 1995. It is absolutely yummy, creamy, and soft and very filling.
Provided by zippiestfriend
Yield 6 bowls, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large saucepan melt butter. Add onion, carrot and celery. Cook gently 5 min until vegetables are fragrant and tender.
- Add chicken. Cook 2 to 3 min until chicken loses its raw appearance.
- Sprinkle with flour. Cook 3 to 4 min, browning lightly.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 15 minute.
- Add milk and bring to a boil. Add rice and cook 5 to 10 minute (If soup is thicker than you wish, add a bit more milk, if it is thinner than you like cook uncovered for 5 to 10 min to reduce it.) Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- For Cream of Chicken Noodle Soup, add 1 ½ cups (375 ml) cooked noodles instead of the rice.
- If you have left over cooked chicken or turkey, add it with the cooked rice in step #5 and omit step #2.
CHICKEN AND WILD RICE SOUP
Stock your pantry ahead of time to whip up this delicious satisfying soup. It comes together quickly for a nice meal. I got the recipe from Southern Living Magazine (Carol Michael Hewett, Texas). I made a few changes by adding celery, and adding 3 more cups of broth (because we don't like soup that thick). The original recipe called for 5 cups of water. I used part water and part chicken broth.
Provided by luvmybge
Yield 13 cups
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Saute´ onion, celery and carrots in a lightly greased Dutch oven over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Add water (or broth), seasoning packet from rice, broccoli, and chicken.
- Bring to a boil, and stir in rice; reduce heat, cover, and cook 5 minutes.
- Add cheese and soup; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 128.3, Fat 7.2, SaturatedFat 3.5, Cholesterol 29.3, Sodium 470.8, Carbohydrate 5.9, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 2.6, Protein 10.2
CLASSIC CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP
Beginning with my Fast Chicken Soup Base it is easy to knock hours off of the cooking time usually needed for homemade chicken soup and still end up with soup that tastes even better than the 'from scratch' method.
Provided by USA WEEKEND columnist Pam Anderson
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Prepare Fast Chicken Soup Base. Bring to a simmer.
- Add these, then simmer until tender, 10-20 minutes: 3/4 cup long-grain white rice.
- Before removing from heat, stir in: 1 cup (5 ounces) frozen green peas and 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley.
- Final touch: Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 83.5 calories, Carbohydrate 17.5 g, Fat 0.2 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 23.8 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
More about "southern chicken rice soup recipes"
CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
4.5/5 (44)Calories 200 per servingServings 6
- Melt butter in 4- to 6-quart saucepan over medium heat until sizzling. Add onion, celery, carrots and garlic; continue cooking 3-5 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Add chicken broth, water and paprika. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, 7-9 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil and carrots are tender. Stir in rice, chicken and parsley. Cook 5-7 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
HOMEMADE CHICKEN RICE SOUP - SOUTHERN HOME EXPRESS
4.8/5 (5)Total Time 35 minsCategory SoupsCalories 141 per serving
- In a medium saucepan, combine all of the ingredients except the rice. Cook on medium heat for approximately 15 minutes, until the carrots and celery are tender.
DEEP SOUTH DISH: SOUTHERN-STYLE CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP
Servings 4-6Total Time 55 minsEstimated Reading Time 6 mins
CREAMY CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
5/5 (1)Category SoupServings 8Total Time 35 mins
CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP - THE PIONEER WOMAN – RECIPES ...
SOUTHERN CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
SOUTHERN LIVING RECIPE - CREAMY CHICKEN & RICE SOUP
EASY AND QUICK CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP | THE RECIPE CRITIC
10 BEST SOUTHERN CHICKEN RICE CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SOUTH YOUR MOUTH: EASY CHICKEN & RICE SOUP
BAKED CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE - JULIAS SIMPLY SOUTHERN
SOUTHWESTERN CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP | RECIPETIN EATS
CHICKEN & RICE SOUP RECIPE - JULIAS SIMPLY SOUTHERN ...
FARMHOUSE CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP - THE SEASONED MOM
CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP - DINNER AT THE ZOO
HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP RECIPE : TASTE OF SOUTHERN
CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP - TASTE OF THE SOUTH
RECIPES WITH CHICKEN AND RICE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
SIMPLY DELICIOUS CHICKEN & RICE SOUP - SOUTHERN PLATE
SIMPLE SPANISH CHICKEN SOUP WITH RICE RECIPE - VISIT ...
OLD-FASHION CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP | ANDREA DEKKER
CHICKEN AND WILD RICE SOUP - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
OLD-FASHIONED SOUTHERN CHICKEN AND RICE - KEY TO MY LIME
CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP - PAULA DEEN MAGAZINE
CHICKEN-AND-RICE SOUP WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
EASY CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP AT HOME | KITCHN
DEEP SOUTH DISH: OLD SCHOOL BAKED CHICKEN AND RICE
CREAMY CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP RECIPE (VIDEO) - A SPICY ...
10 BEST SOUTHERN CHICKEN WITH RICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
NANA'S EPIC CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE (VIDEO) - A SPICY ...
SOUTHERN-STYLE CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP | RECIPE | DEEP SOUTH ...
CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP - JO COOKS
CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SOUTHERN IN LAW: RECIPE: HEALTHY CREAMY CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP
SLOW COOKER CREAMY CHICKEN WILD RICE SOUP - SPICY SOUTHERN ...
CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE, AND OXO REVIEW. : TASTE OF SOUTHERN
CHICKEN LEMON SOUP GREEK RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHICKEN, MUSHROOM, AND WILD RICE SOUP - SOUTHERN LADY MAGAZINE
EASY CREAMY CHICKEN RICE SOUP ...
You'll also love