SOUTHWESTERN SPAGHETTI SQUASH
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place squash halves in a shallow baking pan with about 1 inch of water.
- Bake squash in the preheated oven until soft, about 1 hour.
- Scrape flesh of squash from the rind using a fork and place in a large serving bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the black beans, tomatoes, bell pepper, and garlic in the hot oil until the vegetables are soft and the liquid has reduced, about 10 minutes; pour into the bowl with the squash; toss to combine. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, the vinegar, and cilantro and toss again. Season with salt and pepper to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 133.8 calories, Carbohydrate 16.5 g, Fat 7.9 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 35.3 mg, Sugar 2.4 g
Chili powder and cumin give a mild Mexican flavor to this colorful one-skillet supper. With chunks of fresh zucchini, it's a nice change of pace from typical spaghetti dishes. -Beth Coffee, Hartford City, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove beef and set aside. In the same skillet, combine the water, tomato sauce, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and salt; bring to a boil. Stir in spaghetti; return to a boil. , Boil for 6 minutes., Add the zucchini. Cook 4-5 minutes longer or until spaghetti and zucchini are tender, stirring several times. Stir in beef and heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340 calories, Fat 11g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 54mg cholesterol, Sodium 600mg sodium, Carbohydrate 38g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SOUTHWEST SPAGHETTI SQUASH
I found this recipe in a Low-Carb cookbook. The sweetness of the squash mixes well with the spice of the other ingredients. Low-carb and vegetarian!
Provided by Cyn2938
Categories Black Beans
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise.
- Remove and discard seeds.
- Place squash, cut side down, in greased baking pan.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour or until just tender.
- Using fork, remove spaghetti-like strands from hot squash and place strands in large bowl.
- Add tomatoes with juice, beans, 1/2 cup cheese, cilantro, cumin, garlic salt and pepper; toss well.
- Spray 1 1/2 quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon mixture into casserole.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake uncovered, 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 215.2, Fat 7.4, SaturatedFat 4.2, Cholesterol 18.9, Sodium 526.6, Carbohydrate 26.5, Fiber 6.4, Sugar 0.1, Protein 12.9
SOUTHWEST SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE
Today was my first time trying spaghetti squash and I was not disappointed. This is a super tasty low calorie meal. Hope you enjoy!
Provided by Diane Atherton
Number Of Ingredients 13
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9x9" baking dish for the casserole. Use a different pan for baking the squash.
- 2. With sharp knife slice top out of squash. Stand squash flat on the cut side. Slice squash in half. NOTE: this squash was not easy to cut, pretty tough skin.
- 3. Scoop out the seed and membrane.
- 4. Brush inside of each half with oil; sprinkle with salt an pepper. Place cut sides down in baking pan.
- 5. Bake for about 40 minutes or until squash is fork tender.
- 6. Remove from oven; let cool for about 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- 7. REDUCE oven heat to 350 degrees.
- 8. Using a fork, scrape out the spaghetti squash. Place in bottom of prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and a small amount of the taco seasoning; toss. Spread squash evenly over bottom of baking dish.
- 9. In large skillet over medium heat, cook meat, onion, pepper, and garlic until meat is cooked. Add taco seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste. Add pepper flakes for a little more heat. Stir in refried beans and black beans. Remove from heat.
- 10. Layer beef mixture over squash.
- 11. Drain some of the liquid from Rotel tomatoes. Spread tomatoes evenly over top of meat layer using about 2 tbsp. of the liquid.
- 12. Bake for 40 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from oven; sprinkle cheese evenly over top. Return to oven and bake a few more minutes until cheese has melted.
SOUTHWEST SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place spaghetti squash, cut-side down, on the baking sheet.
- Bake squash in the preheated oven until skin can easily be pierced with a fork and insides are tender, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven (leave oven on) and allow to rest until cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes. Scrape out flesh with a fork and transfer to a large bowl; discard skins.
- Spray a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Add undrained tomatoes, black beans, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, cilantro, cumin, garlic salt, and pepper to the spaghetti squash; stir well to combine. Spoon into the prepared dish and sprinkle with remaining Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 30 to 35 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 247.2 calories, Carbohydrate 38.3 g, Cholesterol 15.1 mg, Fat 6.4 g, Fiber 8.6 g, Protein 14.1 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 1170.7 mg
More about "southwest spaghetti squash recipes"
SOUTHWEST TACO STUFFED SPAGHETTI SQUASH - A HEALTHY EASY ...
4.6/5 (33)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 471 per serving
- Place whole spaghetti squash in the microwave for 5 minutes. This helps slightly soften the squash so it's easier to cut open.
- Remove from the microwave and carefully cut in half, lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and pulp from the middle.
STUFFED SPAGHETTI SQUASH BOWLS - HEALTHIER STEPS
Ratings 15Servings 4Cuisine AmericanCategory Entrée
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F. Slice squash in half lengthwise from stem to base. Remove seeds along with membranes and discard using a spoon, being careful not to remove the flesh.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to handle, about 30 minutes. Then remove strands by using a fork to pull on the flesh. Set aside and reserve squash bowls.
- Heat large skillet with oil or water and saute onion until soft, about 4 minutes. Add garlic, bell pepper, green onions and cook stirring for 2 minutes.
SOUTHWEST SPAGHETTI SQUASH - SHARED APPETITE
Servings 4Total Time 1 hrEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Carefully cut your spaghetti squash in half with a large, sharp knife. Remove seeds and stringy guts, and brush the cut sides of the squash with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place spaghetti squash, cut side down, on an aluminum-lined baking sheet and roast until tender, about 45-60 minutes.
- To test if your squash is done, scrap the flesh with a fork. If the strands come off easily, it’s done. Let the cooked spaghetti squash cool for about 5 minutes, then scrape all the flesh into a beautiful pile of spaghetti strands. Taste and season with some more Kosher salt and pepper if needed.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, red bell pepper, and jalapeno. Season with Kosher salt and cook for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, cumin, paprika, and Mexican oregano, and cook for 1 more minute, stirring to avoid burning garlic. Add beans, corn, and edamame. Season with Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, stir to combine, and cook until heated through. Squeeze in the juice of the lime and give it one last quick stir.
- Divide spaghetti squash among four bowls. Top with southwest succotash, avocado crema, crumbled queso fresco, and cilantro.
SOUTHWESTERN STUFFED SPAGHETTI SQUASH – THE COMFORT OF COOKING
- Place whole squash on a baking sheet and roast for 50 minutes. Let cool another 30 minutes, then cut in half (a serrated knife is best for this). Spoon out the seeds and discard, then scrape up the spaghetti squash flesh with a fork, creating the “spaghetti.”
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion, garlic, jalapeno and red bell pepper. Sauté 2 minutes. Stir in cumin, oregano, chili powder, and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté 1 more minute. Stir in beans, corn, half of cilantro and lime juice until well combined. Add the “spaghetti” from each squash to the vegetable mixture and stir to combine. Taste and season as desired.
- Set oven to broil. Stuff each squash half with the squash-vegetable mixture and top with grated cheddar. Broil until cheese melts and gets brown and bubbly, 1-2 minutes.
SOUTHWEST SPAGHETTI SQUASH RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
5/5 (5)Calories 324 per servingServings 4
10 BEST GROUND BEEF STUFFED SPAGHETTI SQUASH RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST BAKED SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SOUTHWEST SPAGHETTI SQUASH RECIPE - OPRAH.COM
SOUTHWESTERN SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH CHICKEN - JULIA'S ALBUM
5/5 (8)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 686 per serving
- At this point, you should have 2 empty spaghetti squash halves, with the flesh strands removed to a bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add chopped chicken breast, sprinkle with half the amount of cumin, half the chili powder, half the amount of turmeric, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 7-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through completely.
SOUTHWEST SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE - RECIPE RUNNER
4.3/5 (339)Category DinnersServings 4Total Time 40 mins
- In a large oven safe skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot add in the green onion and jalapeño. Sauté for 2 minutes then add in the black beans, corn, shredded chicken, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper and stir together until combined.
- Add in the spaghetti squash strands and enchilada sauce. Stir together until combined and top with the shredded cheese. Bake for 15 minutes or until warmed through and the cheese is melted. Top with chopped tomatoes, cilantro and green onions if desired.
SOUTHWEST SPAGHETTI SQUASH BOWLS - BUDGET BYTES
4.6/5 (10)Total Time 17 minsServings 4Calories 261 per serving
- Place the cooked spaghetti squash in a bowl. Sprinkle the chili powder and a pinch of salt over the spaghetti squash. Toss the spaghetti squash in the seasoning until evenly covered. Taste and adjust the salt if needed.
- Drain the black beans, shred the cheese, and slice the green onions. Divide the spaghetti squash between four bowls, then add 1/3 cup beans and 1/4 cup salsa to each bowl. Top each bowl with shredded cheese and a few sliced green onions. Refrigerate until ready to eat. Reheat in the microwave just before serving (one minute on high, stir, then add more time in 30 second intervals until heated through).
SOUTHWEST STUFFED SPAGHETTI SQUASH - RUNNING IN A SKIRT
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory DinnerCalories 521 per serving
- When the squash has 10 minutes left cooking, add the olive oil to a large saute pan over medium heat.
CREAMY SOUTHWEST SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE - BLOOMING BITES
Servings 6Estimated Reading Time 5 minsCategory Main CourseTotal Time 50 mins
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. In a large greased frying pan, add your ground beef and cook over medium-high heat until the meat is cooked through and no pink remains. Add in the corn, chopped pepper, chopped onion, and spices. Continue to cook the mixture until the onions and peppers are cooked through.
- Grease a 9x13 baking pan and add the cooked spaghetti squash, ground beef mixture, and salsa sauce. Mix everything together with a wooden spoon. Place the dish in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. If you want the top to be crispier, you can broil the casserole for 3-5 minutes. Remove the dish from the oven and let sit for at least 5 minutes before serving.
SOUTHWEST SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE | ANDREA DEKKER
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 45 minsCuisine MexicanCalories 515 per serving
- While the veggies are cooking, preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease a 9" x 13" baking dish (or 2 smaller dishes) and set aside.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients (except cheese and garnishes) in a large bowl -- adding more salsa if necessary.
SOUTHWEST SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE | RECIPE | SQUASH ...
4.3/5 (347)Estimated Reading Time 7 minsServings 4Total Time 40 mins
SOUTHWESTERN STUFFED SPAGHETTI SQUASH | BEV COOKS
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
SOUTHWESTERN STUFFED SPAGHETTI SQUASH | TASTY KITCHEN: A ...
SOUTHWESTERN SPAGHETTI SQUASH RECIPE - COOKIN CANUCK
Reviews 42Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
SOUTHWEST SPAGHETTI SQUASH - CREATE MINDFULLY
Reviews 14Category Main CourseCuisine Vegan, Gluten FreeTotal Time 50 mins
CHICKEN SPAGETTI SQUASH - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
DINNER RECIPE: SOUTHWESTERN STYLE SPAGHETTI SQUASH BOWL BY ...
26 SPAGHETTI SQUASH RECIPES | WAYS TO COOK SPAGHETTI ...
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #main-dish #beans #vegetables #oven #vegetarian #dietary #spicy #low-cholesterol #low-calorie #low-carb #black-beans #low-in-something #squash #taste-mood #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is southwestern Spaghetti squash?Southwestern Spaghetti Squash stuffed with chopped chicken, black beans, tomatoes, corn, green chilies, green bell pepper, spaghetti squash flesh, and topped and broiled with shredded Cheddar on top! All of this spiced up with Southwestern spices.
What is the best way to cook spaghetti squash?Scrape out flesh with a fork and transfer to a large bowl; discard skins. Spray a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Add undrained tomatoes, black beans, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, cilantro, cumin, garlic salt, and pepper to the spaghetti squash; stir well to combine.
How do you cook spaghetti squash with Monterey jack cheese?Add undrained tomatoes, black beans, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, cilantro, cumin, garlic salt, and pepper to the spaghetti squash; stir well to combine. Spoon into the prepared dish and sprinkle with remaining Monterey Jack cheese. Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 30 to 35 minutes. Serve immediately.
Is Spaghetti squash casserole gluten-free?Southwest Spaghetti Squash Casserole is loaded with chicken, black beans, corn, enchilada sauce and topped with gooey melted cheese! A delicious and easy to make casserole that’s gluten-free and a lower carb alternative to pasta or rice. It’s been a minute since I made a new recipe using spaghetti squash or even eaten it.