TUNA PASTA WITH TOMATO AND OLIVES
- Boil the water: Bring 4 quarts of salted water to a boil (add 1 tablespoon salt for every 2 quarts of water). While the water is heating, prep the ingredients and start the sauce.
- Combine the pasta, sauce, Parmesan and parsley: Drain the pasta and stir into the sauce. Toss with grated Parmesan and chopped fresh parsley. If the pasta seems a little dry after a few minutes, add back in some of the reserved pasta water.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 415 kcal, Carbohydrate 37 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Fiber 4 g, Protein 29 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 1247 mg, Sugar 6 g, Fat 17 g, ServingSize Serves 4, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA, TOMATOES, AND OLIVES
This fresh take on tuna pasta salad is just as good warm as it is straight out of the refrigerator.
Provided by Julia Turshen
Categories Summer Low Fat Kid-Friendly Dinner Lunch Spring Healthy Low Cholesterol Sugar Conscious Pescatarian Dairy Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher Diabetes-Friendly Small Plates
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine tomatoes, tuna, olives, parsley, pepper, 3 Tbsp. oil, and 1 tsp. salt in a large bowl.
- Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain and add to tomato mixture. Stir vigorously and add more oil as needed to fully coat. Season with salt.
- Transfer pasta to a serving bowl or platter. Drizzle with lemon juice and serve.
TUNA LINGUINE WITH TOMATOES, OLIVES & CAPERS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: salt, linguine, olive oil, garlic, red chili flakes, dried oregano, caper, kalamata olive, tomato paste, diced tomato, tuna
Provided by Kiano Moju
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
- Add the olive oil, garlic, and chile flakes to a large sauté pan. Turn the heat to medium-low and slowly heat up until the garlic is fragrant and lightly colored, about 3 minutes.
- Add the oregano, capers, olives, tomato paste, and diced tomatoes. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tuna and cook for another minute.
- Toss in the cooked pasta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 378 calories, Carbohydrate 52 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 17 grams, Sugar 6 grams
PASTA WITH TUNA AND OLIVES
If you want to make a complete meal of this, you can add a green vegetable to the mix (see the variation below). I like to use fusilli because I like the way the tuna gets lodged in the twists of the corkscrews, but other types of pasta, such as penne or spaghetti, will be just fine.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Begin heating a large pot of water for the pasta. In a large pasta bowl, break up the tuna. Heat the olive oil in a small frying pan or saucepan over medium heat and add the garlic. Cook, stirring, just until fragrant, and remove from the heat. Add to the tuna. Add the parsley or basil, and mix together.
- Add the tomato sauce to the pan, heat through and season to taste with salt and add pepper and the red pepper flakes if using. Stir in the olives.
- When the water for the pasta comes to a boil, add a generous tablespoon of salt and the pasta. Cook al dente, until firm to the bite, following the cooking instructions on the package but checking the pasta a minute or two before the indicated time. Remove 2 tablespoons of the cooking water and mix with the tuna.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain and transfer to the bowl with the tuna. Add the tomato sauce with the olives, toss everything together, and serve. Pass the Parmesan at the table.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 499, UnsaturatedFat 10 grams, Carbohydrate 70 grams, Fat 13 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 25 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 575 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
PASTA WITH TUNA, TOMATOES, GARLIC, CAPERS, AND OLIVES
- Cook pasta in large pot of rapidly boiling water until al dente or done to your liking.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Place olive oil and the garlic in a large saute pan and turn heat to medium. Cook until the garlic is fragrant and lightly golden. Add capers, anchovies, olives, and tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes start to break down and become a sauce, about 8 minutes. Toss with cooked pasta. Add parsley and tuna and season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
TUNA, TOMATOES AND SPAGHETTI
- Heat garlic in oil until lightly golden. Add tomatoes and their juices and heat for 20 minutes over low heat until tomatoes are really tender and almost melted. Crumble tuna into smaller pieces and add to tomato sauce. Simmer just to warm the tuna through; you don't want to boil the tuna. Transfer spaghetti to serving bowl and mix in tuna, tomatoes, parsley; and salt & pepper.
PASTA WITH TUNA, TOMATOES, GARLIC, CAPERS AND OLIVES
- Cook pasta.
- Meanwhile place olive oil and garlic in large saute pan and turn heat to medium.
- Cook until garlic is fragrant and lightly golden.
- Add capers, anchovies, olives and tomatoes.
- Cook until tomatoes start to break down and become a sauce, about 8 minutes.
- Toss with cooked pasta.
- Add parsley/basil and tuna.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120.2, Fat 4, SaturatedFat 0.8, Cholesterol 24.9, Sodium 823.1, Carbohydrate 6.2, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 1.4, Protein 14.9
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA, CAPERS, AND TOMATOES
- Cook spaghetti, reserving 1 1/2 cups pasta water, then drain.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook onions in olive oil until slightly golden. Add tomatoes and cook until just soft. Add pasta water and pecorino and heat until thick and creamy. Add pasta, capers, and tuna. Cook until sauce coats pasta. Season with lemon zest and juice. Top with panko.
PASTA WITH TUNA, TOMATO, & GREEN OLIVES
Terrific recipe from Fine Cooking. Basically everything can be found in the pantry, so easy and quick for a weeknight meal.
Provided by spatchcock
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Heat 3 Tbs. of the olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over moderate heat. Add the garlic, chile flakes, and 2 Tbs. of the parsley and sauté briefly to release the fragrance of the seasonings. Add the tomatoes and fennel seed. Bring to a simmer, adjust the heat to maintain the simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick and well blended, about 10 minute.
- Stir in the minced tuna and then the olives. Season with salt and remove from the heat while you cook the pasta.
- Cook the pasta in rapidly boiling water. When the pasta is a few minutes away from being finished, return the tomato sauce to moderate heat and add enough of the hot pasta water -- about 2/3 cup -- to thin the sauce to a nice consistency. Keep the sauce warm over low heat.
- When the pasta is about 1 minute shy of al dente, scoop out and set aside 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water and then drain the pasta. Return the pasta to the hot pot and stir in the sauce. Cook together over moderately low heat for about 1 min., stirring and adding some of the reserved pasta water if needed to thin the sauce. Take the skillet off the heat and stir in the remaining 1 Tbs. olive oil. Serve the pasta immediately in warm bowls, garnishing each portion with a little of the remaining parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 645.7, Fat 24.5, SaturatedFat 3.5, Cholesterol 27.6, Sodium 814.9, Carbohydrate 77.5, Fiber 11.9, Sugar 5, Protein 31.4
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA, TOMATOES, CAPERS, AND BASIL
- Gently mix first 6 ingredients in large bowl. Season tuna-tomato mixture to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand 1 hour at room temperature.
- Cook spaghetti in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain; return to pot. Add tuna-tomato mixture and basil. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl and serve.
More about "spaghetti with tuna tomatoes and olives recipes"
10 BEST TUNA FISH SPAGHETTI RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA SAUCE RECIPE - UNCUT RECIPES
PASTA WITH TUNA, TOMATO & GREEN OLIVES - RECIPE
ONE-POT PASTA WITH TUNA RECIPE | EATINGWELL
TUNA PASTA WITH TOMATOES AND OLIVES - EVERYDAY DELICIOUS
TUNA AND TOMATO SPAGHETTI RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
QUICK AND EASY TOMATO AND TUNA SPAGHETTI - RICARDO
5/5 (45)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 530 per serving
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA AND OLIVES | RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
Cuisine GeneralServings 3
PASTA WITH TUNA, TOMATOES AND OLIVES
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA, TOMATOES, AND OLIVES | CANNED TUNA RECIPES, …
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA, MINT AND CAPERS FROM THE AEOLIAN ISLANDS
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA AND TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE - WEBMD
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA, CHERRY TOMATOES AND OLIVES RECIPE | OREEGANO
PANTRY PASTA WITH TUNA AND OLIVE TAPENADE - GIADZY
ANAKA MEDIA 蠟 TUNA PASTA WITH TOMATO AND OLIVES RECIPE
10 BEST TUNA SPAGHETTI WITH OLIVE OIL RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA, OLIVES AND PEAS - BOSSKITCHEN
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA AND TOMATOES - RECIPES TO COOK
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA TOMATO SAUCE - CANADIAN LIVING
TUNA PASTA WITH OLIVES - ERREN'S KITCHEN
ITALIAN TUNA OLIVE RIGATONI - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
PASTA WITH TUNA, TOMATO & OLIVES - THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
PASTA WITH TUNA, TOMATOES & OLIVES – AL DENTE PASTA COMPANY
PASTA WITH TUNA, TOMATOES, AND OLIVES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
TUNA PASTA WITH OLIVES, CAPERS AND TOMATO SAUCE - PHILOSOKITCHEN
PASTA WITH TUNA, TOMATO SAUCE AND OLIVES RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
PASTA WITH FRESH TUNA & TOMATO - SICILIAN COOKING PLUS
SPAGHETTI WITH TOMATO TUNA SAUCE - KITCHEN RATED
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA, TOMATOES, AND OLIVES | SUMMER - LOW FAT
PACCHERI PASTA WITH POMODORINI AND TUNA - GIADZY
TUNA TOMATO PASTA WITH OLIVES - UBER RECIPES
EASY PASTA WITH TUNA, TOMATOES, AND SPINACH - COOK FAST, EAT WELL
PASTA AL TONNO (PASTA WITH TOMATOES AND TUNA) RECIPE
SPAGHETTI WITH TOMATOES, OLIVES, AND FETA RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
SPAGHETTI WITH OLIVES : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
PASTA WITH TUNA, TOMATOES, GARLIC, CAPERS, AND OLIVES – RECIPES …
TUNA PASTA WITH TOMATOES AND OLIVES (VIDEO) - ACCUSTOMED …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are some good recipes to make with tuna and pasta?Lightly coat pasta with oil and set aside. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, soften leek in oil. Add olives, capers and pepper flakes and cook for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes. Add tuna and stir. Add pasta and toss well. Add a little cooking water, if needed. Season with salt and pepper.
How do you cook canned tuna with olives and tomatoes?Heat the olive oil and clarified butter in a large pan. Add the onion and Italian seasoning, cook for about 6 minutes over medium-low heat until translucent. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for one more minute. Drain the tuna using a sieve, cut the olives in half or into 3 parts. Add canned tomatoes, broth, tuna and olives to the pan.
How long to cook tuna and capers in pasta?Turn the heat to medium-low and slowly heat up until the garlic is fragrant and lightly colored, about 3 minutes. Add the oregano, capers, olives, tomato paste, and diced tomatoes. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the tuna and cook for another minute.
How to cook tuna Alfredo sauce?Place olive oil and the garlic in a large saute pan and turn heat to medium. Cook until the garlic is fragrant and lightly golden. Add capers, anchovies, olives, and tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes start to break down and become a sauce, about 8 minutes. Toss with cooked pasta. Add parsley and tuna and season, to taste, with salt and pepper.