ORANGE SPICED CRUMB CAKE
- For the crumb topping: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the pecans in an even layer onto a baking sheet and toast in the oven, stirring once, until lightly golden brown and just fragrant, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a baking rack and let cool slightly before coarsely chopping.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over high heat until it begins to turn light golden brown. Whisk in both of the sugars and cook until smooth. Take the pot off the heat and add the flour, cardamom, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg and mix until clumps begin to form. Refrigerate the crumb mixture for 15 minutes.
- For the cake: Heavily butter a 9- by 13-inch baking pan. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Whisk together the melted butter, milk, canola oil, orange zest, vanilla and eggs. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Scrape the batter into the prepared baking pan, smoothing out the surface. Scatter the crumbs in large clumps over the cake; the crumb layer should be quite deep.
- Bake until the crumbs are golden and firm and a tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out with a few moist crumbs, about 55 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool.
- For the glaze: Whisk together the sugar, butter, juice, zest and vanilla.
- Once the cake is cool, drizzle the glaze over it and cut into 9 pieces. Serve on a platter.
SPICED ORANGE CRUMBLE COOKIES
Citrus in three forms - fresh zest, juice and preserves - gives buttery baked goods a nice bright flavor. This crisp brown sugar cookie is baked with orange marmalade, then topped with a grating of orange zest after it comes out of the oven for layers of citrus freshness. With a dash of clove and black pepper, it's reminiscent of the piney, spiced scents of winter fir. You'll love the aroma that fills your kitchen while they bake, and enjoy them with tea and coffee.
Provided by Yewande Komolafe
Categories cookies and bars, dessert
Yield 16 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and heat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, almond flour, brown sugar, salt, cloves and black pepper. Rub the butter into the flour mixture using your fingers until small pebbles form. (Alternatively, use a food processor to pulse the dry ingredients with the butter.) Pour the cream over the mixture, stir just until combined and squeeze until the dough forms ¾-inch clumps. Transfer a little less than half of the crumble (1½ loosely packed cups/210 grams) to a small bowl and refrigerate.
- Transfer the remaining dough to the buttered pan and flatten into an even layer by pressing into the bottom of the pan with a glass. Bake on the middle rack until the edges are golden brown and begin to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 22 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes. If you tap the surface of the cookie, it should sound hollow.
- Spread the orange marmalade in an even layer over the surface. Sprinkle the reserved crumble over the top. Return to the oven and bake until the top is golden brown, about 35 minutes. Zest the orange directly over the top while the crumble is still warm. Cool completely in the pan, then run a knife along the edges of the crumble before releasing the sides. Dust with confectioners' sugar, cut into wedges and serve.
SPICED ORANGE COOKIES
Giant soft cookies bursting with fresh orange and a hint of spice- perfect hot out of the oven on a chilly winters day!
Provided by Sinead Lawson
Yield Serves 16
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Cream together the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Grate one orange to collect the zest. Squeeze the juice of the excess orange into the mixture Crack in the egg, add the honey and stir to combine.
- Sift in the flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add the zest of one orange and mix together thoroughly.
- Mix in the chocolate chunks.
- Put the mixture in the fridge for 2 hours to chill, if desired. This step is not essential, but will improve the texture and flavour of the cookies.
- Set the oven to 200 degrees C. Spoon the mixture and roll into balls of your desired size.
- Place the cookie dough balls on baking paper covered trays. Make sure to leave plenty of space for each cookie as they will grow a lot when baking.
- Bake for 13 minutes and remove. Keep the cookies on the tray for a further 10-15 minutes as they will continue to bake outside of the oven. Do not attempt to transfer the cookies off the tray beforehand as they will still be a little sloppy before they firm up.
ORANGE CREAMSICLE® SUGAR COOKIES
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
- Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in egg yolks, extracts, and food coloring. Stir in flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Add white chocolate chips.
- Form dough into balls and arrange on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges turn golden, 10 to 11 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool on the cookie sheets for 1 to 2 minutes before transferring to cooling racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 121.6 calories, Carbohydrate 14.2 g, Cholesterol 24.5 mg, Fat 6.7 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 1.4 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 61.6 mg, Sugar 9.2 g
ORANGE BUTTER COOKIES
The most common mistakes made by home bakers, professionals say, have to do with the care and handling of one ingredient: butter. Creaming butter correctly, keeping butter doughs cold, and starting with fresh, good-tasting butter are vital details that professionals take for granted, and home bakers often miss.
Provided by Julia Moskin
Categories snack, cookies and bars, dessert
Yield About 4 dozen cookies
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Position two oven racks in top and bottom third of oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk flours, baking soda and salt together. In a mixer, cream together the sugar, butter and orange zest at medium speed until light and smooth, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of bowl frequently. Add egg and mix. Add one egg yolk and mix. Add remaining egg yolk and mix. Stir in dry ingredients just until combined.
- Scoop tablespoons of dough onto parchment, leaving more than 1 inch between cookies. Press each one down lightly with 2 fingers to flatten to a thickness of 1/2 inch. Leave any ridges and valleys on top of cookie intact, but smooth the edges.
- Bake about 15 minutes, rotating cookie sheets halfway through. Cookies should be pale but baked all the way through. Cool on sheets 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack and cool before storing in airtight containers up to 1 week.
- When ready to serve, make icing: Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Peel orange, being careful to remove only outer orange zest, and cut into thin strips. Blanch in boiling water 1 minute; drain. Sift confectioners' sugar into a bowl. Whisk in 2 tablespoons milk. Whisk in more milk if needed to make mixture thin enough to spread. Add extract, salt and zest, and whisk to combine.
- Place cookies on a rack and drizzle icing over each one (make sure there is some orange zest in each spoonful). Icing will settle into cookie crevices; let harden.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 108, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 17 grams, Fat 4 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 61 milligrams, Sugar 9 grams, TransFat 0 grams
ORANGE CRANBERRY COOKIE BARS
These cranberry cookie bars combine two beloved holiday flavors and top a delicious soft crust with cream cheese icing. We enjoy these during the holiday season. —Jennifer Blakely, Visalia, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, melted butter, eggs and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture. Stir in baking chips, cranberries, pecans and orange zest., Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 18-22 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack., For frosting, in a large bowl, combine cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, butter, 1 tablespoon zest and vanilla; beat until smooth. Spread over bars. Combine dried cranberries and remaining 2 tablespoons zest; sprinkle over frosting. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Cut into triangles. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 89 calories, Fat 5g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 14mg cholesterol, Sodium 64mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
SPICED ORANGE STAR COCKTAIL COOKIES
Looking for an orange flavored dessert to serve at party? Then check out these spiced cookies made using Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, stir cookie ingredients until soft dough forms. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- On generously floured surface, roll dough 1/8 inch thick. Cut with 3-inch star-shaped cookie cutter. Reroll and cut remaining dough. On ungreased cookie sheets, place cutouts 1 inch apart.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- In small bowl, stir 2 tablespoons of the milk, the orange liqueur and powdered sugar until smooth. Stir in orange peel. Add additional milk 1 teaspoon at a time to desired consistency. Spread over cookies, sprinkle with edible glitter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 90, Carbohydrate 17 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 0 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 cookie, Sodium 45 mg, Sugar 12 g, TransFat 0 g
ORANGE CARDAMOM COOKIES
Provided by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
Categories Cookies Milk/Cream Mixer Egg Dessert Bake Christmas Kid-Friendly New Year's Eve Orange Spice Winter Gourmet Kidney Friendly Vegetarian Pescatarian Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Kosher Small Plates
Yield Makes 1 1/2 to 2 dozen cookies
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Make dough:
- Whisk together flour, zest, cardamom, and salt.
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy, then beat in yolk and cream. At low speed, mix in flour mixture in 3 batches just until a dough forms. Quarter dough and form each piece into a 6-inch disk, then chill, wrapped separately in plastic wrap, until firm, 2 to 3 hours.
- Cut and bake cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle.
- Roll out 1 piece of dough between sheets of parchment paper into an 11-inch round (1/8 inch thick). Slide dough in parchment onto a tray and chill until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Cut out as many cookies as possible with cookie cutter (chill dough again if necessary), reserving and chilling scraps. Transfer cookies to a parchment-lined large baking sheet, arranging them 1 inch apart.
- Bake until edges are golden-brown, 9 to 12 minutes. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes, then slide cookies, still on parchment, onto a rack to cool completely.
- Make more cookies with remaining dough and scraps (reroll only once) on cooled freshly lined baking sheets.
- If icing cookies and coloring icing, transfer small batches to small bowls, 1 for each color, and tint with food coloring. Spoon each color of icing into separate sealable bags, pressing out excess air, and snip an 1/8-inch opening in 1 bottom corner of each bag. Pipe icing onto a plate to test consistency. If too thick, thin a small batch with a few drops of orange juice.
- Decoratively pipe icing onto cookies, then sprinkle with decorative sugar (if using) and let dry completely, about 1 hour (depending on humidity).
SPICED PLUM CRUMBLE
This traditional crumble recipe comes with a winter twist. It uses plums spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, and orange. Serve hot with cream or custard.
Provided by TheBritishBaker
Categories Plum Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place plums in a baking dish. Add 1/4 cup sugar, orange zest, orange juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg; toss to mix.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Add chilled butter and rub it in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles bread crumbs. Stir in remaining sugar.
- Remove plums from the oven and scatter topping evenly over top. Return to the oven and bake until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 290.5 calories, Carbohydrate 47.5 g, Cholesterol 26.3 mg, Fat 10.6 g, Fiber 5.4 g, Protein 4.8 g, SaturatedFat 7.2 g, Sodium 20.8 mg, Sugar 25.1 g
More about "spiced orange crumble cookies recipes"
PLUM & ORANGE CRUMBLE - LIMONEIRA
SPICED PEAR, FIG & ORANGE CRUMBLE - HEALTHY LIVING JAMES
ORANGE SPICE CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - CRUMB TOP BAKING
SPICED ORANGE CRUMBLE COOKIES RECIPE - NYT COOKING
MINCE PIES WITH SPICED ORANGE CRUMBLE TOPPING RECIPE | WAITROSE
CRUMBLE RECIPES | WAITROSE & PARTNERS
MINCE PIES WITH SPICED ORANGE CRUMBLE TOPPING
10 BEST ORANGE CRUMBLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
MELT IN YOUR MOUTH ITALIAN ICED ORANGE COOKIES - AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
SPICED ORANGE SUGAR COOKIES - THE AMERICAN PATRIETTE
ORANGE-SPICE SHORTBREAD COOKIES - CRUMB: A FOOD BLOG
SPICED ORANGE CRUMBLE COOKIES RECIPE | RECIPE
SPICED ORANGE CRUMBLE COOKIES RECIPE
SPICED ORANGE COOKIES — THE VEGAN CHEF SCHOOL
CRANBERRY AND ORANGE CRUMB CAKE - ERREN'S KITCHEN
SPICED ORANGE CRUMBLE COOKIES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
ORANGE APPLE CRUMBLE BARS - LIMONEIRA
ORANGE SPICE CRUMB CAKE RECIPE
FIVE-SPICE ORANGE BEEF - A TOASTED CRUMB
SPICED ORANGE CRUMBLE COOKIES | RECIPE CART
ORANGE SPICED CRUMB CAKE RECIPE
SPICED APPLE COBBLER CRUMBLE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
ORANGE SPICED CRUMB CAKE RECIPE | BOBBY FLAY | COOKING CHANNEL
SPICED MANUKA AND ORANGE COOKIES | HONEY RECIPES, ORANGE …
SPICED SUGAR COOKIES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
MINI SPICED ORANGE MINCE PIE CRUMBLES - PINCH OF NOM
SPICED PEAR, FIG & ORANGE CRUMBLE | RECIPE | SPICED PEAR, GLUTEN …
SPICED COOKIES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CRANBERRY ORANGE SHORTBREAD COOKIES - MOM ON TIMEOUT
ORANGE CRUMBLE | SNACK RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
SPICED ORANGE & CARAMEL CRUMB CAKE | DEVILICIOUSLY RAW
SPICED APPLE CRUMBLE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
24 CHRISTMAS COOKIE RECIPES TO MAKE YOUR HOLIDAYS BRIGHT - THE …
SPICED ORANGE-CRANBERRY CRUMBLE BARS – SHEKNOWS
ORANGE APPLE CRUMBLE BARS | HEALTHY GROCERY GIRL
WARM ORANGE CRANBERRY CRUMBLE - FAMILYSTYLE FOOD
CRUMBLE TOPPED MUFFINS - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
SPICED CRANBERRY ORANGE SHORTBREAD BARS - URBAN BAKES
SUPER-SIMPLE SPICED APPLE CRUMBLE - THE SPICE PEOPLE
You'll also love