SPICY BLACK BEANS
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic, cumin, salt, chile powder and cayenne and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the chiles, beans and broth and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beans have softened and the sauce has thickened, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with cilantro leaves and Cotija.
SPICY BLACK BEANS AND YELLOW RICE
- For the beans:
- In a large pot, soak beans overnight covered in water by 2 inches. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, heat the olive oil. Add the onion, jalapeno pepper, garlic, and bay leaf and cook until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the beans and cover with water by about 1-inch. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until the beans are tender. Remove the bay leaf and discard. Taste the beans and season with salt and pepper.
- For the rice:
- Put all the ingredients into a heavy-bottomed pot, stir well, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and cook over low heat until the rice has absorbed the water, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit, covered, for 5 minutes. Discard the garlic and bay leaf, fluff with a fork, and serve.
SPICY BLACK BEANS AND RICE
From Betty's Soul Food Collection... Rice and beans take a flavor leap forward with garlic and oregano for zip and-to dress things up-diced red bell pepper.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook rice in water as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in beans; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, to blend flavors. Serve over rice; sprinkle with bell pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230, Carbohydrate 43 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 6 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 590 mg, Sugar 0 g, TransFat 0 g
SPICY BLACK RICE
Here is a rice dish with such an intense flavor that it will satisfy your emotional hunger. It is exotic and hearty at the same time. From Chef Paul Prudhomme's Fiery Foods That I Love Cookbook.
Provided by Sharon123
Categories White Rice
Yield 7 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Combine the seasoning mix ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat the oil in a heavy 4-quart pot over high heat just until the oil begins to smoke, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the onions, celery, bay leaves, ginger, mushroom, and 2 tbls.
- of the seasoning mix.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture is a dark metallic color and sticks to the bottom of the pot, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the rice wine and tamari and scrape the pot bottom to loosen the brown bits.
- Add the raisins and rice and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice begins to stick to the bottom of the pot, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the stock and scrape the pot bottom again.
- Stir in the remaining seasoning mix.
- Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer until the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, fluff with a fork, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 299.3, Fat 6.2, SaturatedFat 1.1, Cholesterol 4.1, Sodium 1163.3, Carbohydrate 52.4, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 17.5, Protein 8.1
SPICY BLACK BEANS WITH YELLOW RICE
Serve with a tossed green salad and you have yourself a complete and healthy meal. (Can also be served as side dishes). From 101 Meatless Family Recipes. Vegan, too!
Provided by COOKGIRl
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a soup pot, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and sauté 2 garlic cloves and the jalapeño pepper for about 5 minutes on low heat.
- Add the beans, chili powder, cumin, 1/2 cup stock and cook, uncovered for approximately 25-30 minutes, increasing heat to low-medium. Add the bell pepper last 5 minutes of cooking. Season to taste with salt.
- In the meantime, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a sauté pan and sauté the 2 garlic cloves on low heat for about 2 minutes. Add the remaining 2 cups of stock, bring to a boil. Stir in the rice, reduce heat and cook 17 minutes.
- Once rice is cooked, stir in the spices. Season to taste with salt.
- Arrange the black beans on one side of a serving platter. Arrange the rice on the other half.
SPICY BLACK BEANS WITH BELL PEPPERS AND RICE
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell peppers, garlic, cumin, jalapeño and oregano; sauté until vegetables begin to soften, about 8 minutes. Mash 1/2 cup beans.
- Add mashed beans, whole beans, tomatoes, orange juice and hot pepper sauce to skillet. Bring to boil, stirring frequently. reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes. Uncover and simmer until reduced to thick sauce consistency, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mound rice in center of platter. Spoon black bean mixture over.
SPICY SPANISH-STYLE RICE
This Spanish rice-inspired spicy tomato rice recipe is super easy to make and is always a crowd-pleaser. When was the last time you had Spanish rice? You can substitute paprika for the chili powder.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Melt butter in a pot over medium-low heat. Stir rice, jalapeno, green onion, and garlic together in the melted butter until rice is completely coated with butter. Add chili powder, cumin, salt, chipotle chile powder, and cayenne pepper; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir chicken stock and tomato sauce into rice mixture. Bring to a simmer, cover the pot, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes. Turn heat off and leave pot covered on the burner for 8 minutes. Remove cover and fluff rice with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 193.6 calories, Carbohydrate 39.1 g, Cholesterol 4 mg, Fat 2.1 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 435.5 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
SPICY BLACK BEANS AND RICE
Yield Makes 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a kettle combine the beans, the ham hock, the garlic, the bay leaf, the orégano, the onion, the bell peppers, the red pepper flakes, the chili powder, and 8 cups water and simmer the mixture, covered, stirring occasionally, for 3 hours, or until the beans are tender. Stir in the tomatoes and salt to taste and simmer the mixture, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour, or until the mixture is thickened. Discard the bay leaf, remove the ham hock from the mixture, and chop the meat. Stir the meat into the mixture with the coriander and the vinegar and serve the beans over the rice with the radish or onion.
- To quick-soak dried beans:
- In a colander rinse the beans under cold water and discard any discolored ones. In a kettle combine the beans with enough cold water to cover them by 2 inches, bring the water to a boil, and boil the beans for 2 minutes. Remove the kettle from the heat and let the beans soak, covered, for 1 hour.
More about "spicy black rice recipes"
FORBIDDEN BLACK RICE: INCREDIBLE BENEFITS & EASY RECIPES
5/5 (25)Calories 200 per servingCategory Side
- Bring water and rice to a boil, let simmer uncovered until tender about 20-25 mintues. Drain and fluff. Season!
- Place equal parts water and black rice in the instant pot. Add a pinch of salt. Set pressure to 18 minutes on high. Let naturally release for at least 10 minutes.
- heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat and add the shallots, stirring until golden and fragrant, about 4 -5 minutes. Add rice and thyme and saute 3-4 minutes. Add stock, garlic, bay leaf, salt and pepper and 1/2 the almonds. Bring to a simmer, stirring. Cover, turn heat to low and cook 25-30 minutes or until all the liquid has evaporated and rice is tender. Garnish with remaining almonds and parsley.
BLACK RICE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
Author Carl Hanson
SPICY TANGERINE CHICKEN WITH BLACK RICE - THE VIEW FROM …
FORBIDDEN BLACK RICE RECIPE - INSANELY GOOD
FORBIDDEN RICE (BLACK RICE RECIPE) - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
18 BLACK RICE RECIPES THAT WILL MAKE YOU CRAVE THE …
SPICY BLACK BEANS AND RICE RECIPE - PHOEBE LAPINE | FOOD …
SPICY BLACK BEANS RECIPE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
10 BEST BLACK RICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
MEXICAN BROWN RICE RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
SPICY GRILLED CHICKEN WITH BAJA BLACK BEANS AND RICE
AFRICAN RICE RECIPES - IMMACULATE BITES
SPICY BLACK BEANS AND YELLOW RICE : RECIPES - COOKING …
20 EASY BLACK RICE RECIPES FIT FOR A KING - INSANELY GOOD
5/5 (1)Category Recipe Roundup
ONE-PAN SPICY MEXICAN RICE SKILLET - THE GIRL WHO ATE EVERYTHING
SPICY BLACK RICE SALAD WITH ROASTED HABANERO PESTO VINAIGRETTE
SPICY BLACK BEANS AND RICE — KELLY GORDON
BLACK STICKY RICE - BLACK GLUTINOUS RICE - RASA MALAYSIA
SPICY BLACK PEPPER FRIED RICE - KUALI
10 BEST SPICY BROWN RICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPICY CARIBBEAN BLACK BEANS AND RICE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SPICY VEGAN MEXICAN RICE AND BLACK BEANS - MY PLANTIFUL COOKING
INDIAN SPICY RICE - SUPPER PLATE-DELICIOUS DINNERS ON A BUDGET!
BLACK RICE SALAD WITH SPICY TOASTED SESAME DRESSING
SPICY MEXICAN RICE - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
SPICY RICE AND BLACK EYE PEAS | AMERICAN RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
SPICY BLACK EYED PEAS & RICE - COOKINGWITHQUE
PERUVIAN-STYLE SPICY BLACK BEANS - FRIJOLES ESCABECHADOS
BLACK RICE RECIPE BY GIADA : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
SPICY BLACK BEANS, CORN, TOMATOES AND RICE - TASTY KITCHEN
SPICY BLACK BEANS AND RICE - CHEF IN TRAINING
DELICIOUS CRUNCH ROLL BOWL RECIPE WITH SPICY MAYO DRESSING
BLACK RICE WITH COCONUT MILK AND SPICY CHICKPEAS | VEGAN.IO
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #healthy #rice #low-fat #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #white-rice
You'll also love