SPICY THAI SHRIMP SALAD
- To brine shrimp, combine water, salt, sugar, and Kikkoman Soy Sauce in a large bowl, stirring to dissolve salt and sugar. Submerge 2 pounds of peeled and deveined shrimp in the brine. Brine for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Rinse shrimp. Place on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer. Roast shrimp until done, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Whisk lemon juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, cayenne pepper, and garlic in a large bowl. Add peppers, cilantro, and shrimp; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 218.6 calories, Carbohydrate 18.6 g, Cholesterol 230.4 mg, Fat 3.6 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 26.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 8633.1 mg, Sugar 17.4 g
SPICY SHRIMP SALAD
Provided by Terrie Achacoso
Categories Salad Onion Pepper Shellfish Quick & Easy Lunch Mayonnaise Shrimp Summer Bon Appétit Miami Florida Sugar Conscious Pescatarian Paleo Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free
Yield Makes 6 appetizer or 4 main-course servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook shrimp in medium pot of boiling salted water until just opaque in center, about 4 minutes. Drain shrimp and cool. Combine mayonnaise and Old Bay seasoning in large bowl. Add bell peppers, green onions, celery and shrimp. Toss to blend well. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange 1 lettuce leaf on each plate. Spoon salad into leaves and serve.
SPICY SHRIMP AND AVOCADO SALAD
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Dice the romaine into bite sized pieces, place in large salad bowl and set aside. In a medium non-stick pan heat the olive oil. Add the avocado and saute for 5 minutes. Remove the avocado with a slotted spoon and set aside in a bowl. Pour out all but 2 tablespoons of avocado oil into a small bowl, and reserve.
- Add the minced shallot to the skillet and return to medium heat. Cook, stirring until shallots begin to soften (about 30 seconds). Add the shrimp, salt and pepper and jalapenos or cayenne, if using, and saute until shrimp are cooked through (3-4 minutes).
- Remove from heat and spoon the shrimp into the bowl with the Avocado pieces. Add the chives and cilantro and fold together gently, just to combine the ingredients. With a rubber spatula, scrape any remaining oil in the skillet into the bowl with the reserved avocado oil. Whisk in the lime juice and salt and pepper to taste to make a dressing. Toss some of the dressing with the romaine until the lettuce is nicely coated, divide among serving plates. Top the lettuce with hot shrimp mixture, drizzle with additional dressing, garnish with cilantro and serve.
MINI SPICY SHRIMP SALAD SANDWICHES
- 12 mini soft dinner rolls, toasted
- In a saute pan, over medium heat, add the olive oil. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes on each side. Put in the refrigerator to chill down.
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients and set aside. Once the shrimp are cool, cut into pieces and add to the mayonnaise sauce. Cover and refrigerate to chill. Put equal amounts of shrimp salad on the rolls and top with Sweet Onion Jam.
CAESAR SALAD WITH SPICY SHRIMP
Using light mayonnaise and lime juice in the dressing considerably reduces the calories and fat in this salad. Chili powder adds spice to the shrimp. This recipe is featured in the "Everyday Food: Light" book.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place tortillas on a baking sheet. Brush both sides with 1 teaspoon oil; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, and season with salt and pepper. Bake until golden brown and crisp, turning once, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool, then break into pieces.
- Heat broiler. In a large bowl, toss shrimp with remaining teaspoon each oil and chili powder. Season with salt and pepper. Lay shrimp flat on a broiler pan, and cook until browned and opaque throughout, turning once, 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice, Parmesan, anchovies, and up to 2 tablespoons water. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, toss lettuce with dressing. Divide among plates, and top each with shrimp and broken tortillas. Garnish with more Parmesan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 282 g, Fat 12 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 23 g
SPICY THAI SHRIMP SALAD
From Rachel Cooks Thai blog. She reiterates that slicing the shallots, red onion and Thai peppers very thin ensures the vegetables don't end up in your mouth in isolation. The lemongrass must be sliced paper thin, using only the most tender bottom of the stalk to eliminate tough stems. Prepare the greens then serve with the shrimp hot off the grill. The salty, sweet, tangy and spicy dressing ties the salad together
Provided by gailanng
Yield 2-3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Combine the sauce ingredients and whisk until well incorporated; set aside.
- Prepare the vegetables. The thick outer layers of the lemongrass should be peeled away and only the tender, bottom 1/3 of the stalk should be used. Slice the lemongrass, shallots, red onion and chili peppers very finely.
- Peel and devein the shrimp. Brush a bit of oil on both sides of the shrimp and grill until they're cooked through. This takes only a few minutes per side.
- Toss together vegetables in a bowl and pour over dressing, more or less to taste. Then add the grilled shrimp to the bowl while they are still hot and toss everything together. Serve immediately!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 209.5, Fat 2, SaturatedFat 0.2, Cholesterol 214.3, Sodium 2399, Carbohydrate 22.3, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 8.8, Protein 26.3
LANDRY'S SPICY SHRIMP SALAD
Landry's is a popular seafood restaurant here in town and this recipe was published in Settings on the Dock of the Bay cookbook. Prep time does not include cooking time for shrimp.
Provided by DailyInspiration
Categories Salad Dressings
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine the shrimp, celery, green onions, cilantro, cumin, white pepper, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper in a bowl and toss to mix well. Combine the mayonniase, worchestershire sauce, hot sauce and dijon mustard in a medium bowl and whisk until blended. Add to the shrimp mixture and toss to mix well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 301.9, Fat 15.3, SaturatedFat 2.2, Cholesterol 249.3, Sodium 1451.2, Carbohydrate 13.9, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 3.4, Protein 26.8
SPICY SHRIMP SALAD WITH MINT
This light, summery Minimalist recipe for shrimp salad, from 1998, still carries a lot of heft. Lightly sweet shrimp is enhanced by cayenne, paprika, garlic and a bit of lemon juice. A bed of arugula and mint adds freshness to cut through the heat. If it's too hot out to turn on the broiler, try this recipe on the grill.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories dinner, easy, quick, weekday, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat broiler; adjust the rack, moving it as close to the heat source as possible. Place a large ovenproof skillet or thick-bottomed roasting pan on the stove over low heat.
- Combine the shrimp with garlic, salt, cayenne, paprika, half the olive oil and the 2 teaspoons of lemon juice; stir to blend. Turn heat under the skillet to high.
- When skillet smokes, toss in shrimp. Shake the pan once or twice to distribute them evenly, then immediately place skillet in the broiler.
- Mince about one-third of the mint, and set aside. Tear remaining leaves, and toss them with the arugula. Stir remaining olive oil and lemon juice together in a bowl.
- The shrimp are done when opaque, usually 3 to 4 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer them to a plate; it is fine if they cool for a moment. Add shrimp juices to olive oil-lemon juice mixture, and stir. Dress the greens with this mixture, and toss; if the greens seem dry, add a little more olive oil or lemon juice, or both. Place greens on a platter, and arrange shrimp on top or around them; garnish shrimp with the remaining minced mint.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 196, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 3 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 21 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 862 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
SPICY SHRIMP AND CHICKPEA SALAD
This warm salad of garlicky shrimp and herby chickpeas comes together in just 15 minutes and requires very little effort. Canned chickpeas, Fresno chiles, parsley and red onion get a quick marinade in a creamy citrus dressing while the shrimp cooks in a little garlic and olive oil. Fresno chile adds a little heat, but if you're sensitive to spice, you can remove the membranes and seeds before adding the chile to the salad. Make the dish your own by adding arugula, or swap the parsley for cilantro or the shrimp for scallops. Serve warm with a hunk of crusty bread, and enjoy leftovers straight from the fridge the next day with a squeeze of lime or lemon juice.
Provided by Yasmin Fahr
Yield 3 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large serving bowl, combine the lemon zest and juice, lime zest and mustard. Whisk in 3 tablespoons olive oil until smooth; season with salt and pepper. Add the chickpeas, onion, chile and most of the parsley (reserving some for garnish), and toss to coat with the dressing. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high until shimmering. Add the garlic and red-pepper flakes, and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds, pulling the pan from the heat briefly if it seems like the garlic is burning.
- Add the shrimp to the pan, season with salt and pepper and stir to coat with the garlic and oil. Cook until the shrimp are pink all over with a golden crust in parts, stirring and flipping the shrimp halfway through, about 4 to 6 minutes total. Turn off the heat, then squeeze the lime juice over the shrimp in the pan, stirring to combine and scraping up anything on the bottom of the pan to coat the shrimp.
- Serve the shrimp on top of the salad. Garnish with the remaining parsley and serve.
BRIGHT AND SPICY SHRIMP NOODLE SALAD
A punchy, chile-spiked fish sauce vinaigrette works as both marinade and dressing for glass noodles and handfuls of basil and cucumber.
Provided by Chris Morocco
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Stir lime juice and honey in a small bowl until honey dissolves. Mix in chile, ginger, garlic, fish sauce, and 3 Tbsp. oil; season dressing with salt.
- Toss shrimp and 2 Tbsp. dressing in a medium bowl to coat; let sit 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and add to bowl with remaining dressing along with cucumber and ¼ cup peanuts; toss well.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Pour off any liquid from shrimp and pat dry; season all over with salt. Cook shrimp, tossing occasionally, until browned and bright pink, about 5 minutes. Transfer to bowl with noodles, add basil, and toss well to combine.
- Divide noodle salad among bowls and top with remaining peanuts.
More about "spicy shrimp salad recipes"
SPICY SHRIMP SALAD - TO SIMPLY INSPIRE
5/5 (2)Total Time 15 minsCategory SaladCalories 296 per serving
KETO SPICY SHRIMP SALAD WITH GARLIC - RECIPE - DIET DOCTOR
4.9/5 (38)Total Time 20 minsCategory MealCalories 592 per serving
SPICY SHRIMP SALAD WITH HABANERO AND CITRUS DRESSING - THAT …
SPICY SHRIMP AVOCADO SALAD RECIPE - HEALTHY FITNESS MEALS
SPICY CHIPOTLE SHRIMP SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
THIS SPICY SHRIMP SALAD RECIPE TASTES LIKE A DAY AT THE BEACH - THE ...
SPICY SHRIMP SALAD — JESS DUKES
SPICY MEXICAN SHRIMP SALAD RECIPE - LITTLE SPICE JAR
BEST SHRIMP SALAD RECIPE - A WELL SEASONED KITCHEN
SPICY SHRIMP SALAD RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
30 SPICY SHRIMP RECIPES FOR PEOPLE WHO LOVE HEAT
SOUTHERN SHRIMP SALAD - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
QUICK SPICY THAI SHRIMP SALAD - NERDS WITH KNIVES
SHRIMP SALAD ROLLS RECIPE (VIDEO) - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
SPICY THAI SHRIMP SALAD - SKINNYTASTE
HOW TO MAKE YUMMY SPICY SHRIMP PASTA SALAD - BEST CUISINE …
BOLD & SPICY BBQ SHRIMP SALAD - GOODDISHTV.COM
SPICY SHRIMP CHICKPEA SALAD - BEAUTY BITES
SPICY SHRIMP SALAD & HOMEMADE LIME DRESSING ... - WHOLE …
SPICY MANGO SHRIMP SALAD - FOOD GYPSY | EASY, DELICIOUS RECIPES …
LA ROCA’S SPICY SHRIMP SALAD - WILSON PRODUCE
SPICY SHRIMP SALAD RECIPE | SEAFOOD RECIPES | PBS FOOD
THE 30 BEST GRILLED SHRIMP RECIPES - GYPSYPLATE
SPICY TROPICAL SHRIMP SALAD | LOUISIANA KITCHEN & CULTURE
SPICY THAI SHRIMP SALAD (PLA GOONG) - WENT HERE 8 THIS
SPICY LEMON SHRIMP SALAD - RECIPE GIRL
GARLIC LIME ROASTED SHRIMP SALAD (VIDEO) - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
BROCCOLI SLAW & SPICY SHRIMP SALAD - CLEAN FOODIE CRAVINGS
10 BEST COLD SHRIMP SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPICY 7-MINUTE SHRIMP SALAD - DIET DOCTOR
SPICY SHRIMP SALAD RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SHRIMP NOODLE SALAD RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
FRIDAY SHRIMP SALAD à LA LULU - LUCY BUFFETT
SHRIMP MACARONI SALAD WITH CAJUN SPICES - SO EASY! - CHENéE TODAY
10 MINUTE SPINACH SALAD WITH SPICY SHRIMP - TABLESPOON FOR ONE
SPICY GRILLED SHRIMP SALAD WITH JALAPEñO LIME VINAIGRETTE
CRUNCHY AND SPICY GREEN POTATO SALAD RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
SPICY THAI SHRIMP SALAD RECIPE | EATINGWELL
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make shrimp salad at home?
What are some good recipes to make with shrimp?
How do you add cayenne to shrimp salad?
What is spicy Mexican shrimp salad?