THAI STEAMED MUSSELS
- In a large stock pot, combine the lime juice, coconut milk, wine, curry paste, garlic, fish sauce and sugar. Stir to dissolve sugar and curry paste and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for 2 minutes then add mussels. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until mussels are opened, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and discard any unopened mussels. Pour mussels and liquid into a serving dish and toss with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 484.5 calories, Carbohydrate 21.4 g, Cholesterol 105.9 mg, Fat 24.4 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 48.3 g, SaturatedFat 13.9 g, Sodium 1353.1 mg, Sugar 2.7 g
SPICY STEAMED MUSSELS
- Pick through the washed mussels making sure that they are all tightly closed and all of the beards have been removed.
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat and add the vegetable oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions, garlic, and ginger and saute until translucent but not brown, about 5 minutes. Add the chiles, curry powder, and coriander and cook for 2 more minutes. Add the wine and the water and bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture is boiling, add the mussels and cover. Steam the mussels for about 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they have all opened.
- Remove the mussels from the heat and discard any that are not open. Place the mussels in a large serving platter, cover to keep warm. Return the pan to the heat, add the cream, season with pepper, to taste, and bring to a simmer. Add the cilantro, scallions, lime zest and juice. Pour the liquid over the top of the mussels.
- Preheat a grill pan to medium-high heat. Drizzle the bread with olive oil and grill 1 minute per side. Serve with the steamed mussels.
THAI STEAMED MUSSELS
Posting this for ZWT 2006. Oh wow these sound good! I would serve these with coconut rice and some steamed asparagus I think.
Provided by JanetB-KY
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large stock pot, combine the lime juice, coconut milk, wine, curry paste, garlic, fish sauce and sugar; stir to dissolve sugar and curry paste and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Boil for 2 minutes then add mussels; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until mussels are opened, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and discard any unopened mussels; pour mussels and liquid into a serving dish and toss with cilantro.
SPICY THAI STEAMED MUSSELS
- Scrub mussels well and remove beards. Squeeze enough juice from limes to measure 1/3 cup. In an 8-quart kettle boil lime juice, coconut milk, wine, curry paste, garlic, fish sauce, and sugar over high heat, stirring, 2 minutes. Add mussels, tossing to combine. Cook mussels, covered, stirring occasionally, until opened, about 5 to 8 minutes. (Discard any unopened mussels.) Chop cilantro and toss with mussels.
- Serve mussels with lime wedges.
More about "spicy thai steamed mussels recipes"
THAI-STYLE MUSSELS | SEAFOOD RECIPES | JAMIE MAGAZINE
- Cut the lemongrass into 4 pieces, then finely slice the chilli.In a wide saucepan, heat a little groundnut oil and soften the spring onion, garlic, coriander stalks, lemongrass and most of the red chilli for around 5 minutes.
SPICY THAI STEAMED MUSSELS - THE VILLAGE GROCER
STEAMED MUSSELS WITH COCONUT MILK AND THAI CHILES …
5/5 (2.3K)Total Time 40 minsServings 8
- In a food processor, combine the garlic, chiles, ginger, cilantro, lime zest and olive oil and process to a paste; transfer to a large bowl. Whisk in the coconut milk and lime juice and season with salt.
- In a large soup pot, bring the lager to a boil over high heat. Boil until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 7 minutes. Add the mussels, cover and cook, shaking the pot a few times, until the mussels just begin to open, about 4 minutes.
- Uncover the mussels and stir in the coconut milk mixture. Cover and cook, shaking the pot a few times, until all of the mussels open, about 8 minutes. Spoon the mussels and broth into bowls and serve.
RIDICULOUSLY DELICIOUS THAI COCONUT MUSSELS - THE …
5/5 Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the ginger, garlic, and lemongrass and cook for 1 minute. Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, chilis, and lime juice and bring the pot to a boil.
- When the coconut milk is boiling, add the mussels. Cover the pot for 1 minute. After a minute, remove the lid and take out any shells that have opened. Continue to remove the mussels as they open. If any of the mussels are still closed after 6 or 7 minutes, discard them.
SPICY STEAMED MUSSELS RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
5/5 (10)Total Time 20 minsServings 4
- Melt butter in a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Add garlic and half of the chiles and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add mussels, wine, and broth.
- Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook until mussels open, 4 to 6 minutes. (Discard any mussels that remain closed.) Spoon mussels and broth into bowls and top with remaining chiles and parsley. Serve with bread.
THAI-STYLE STEAMED MUSSELS - STREETSMART KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- In a food processor, combine garlic, chili peppers, ginger, cilantro, lime zest, and olive oil. Blend until the mixture turns into a paste. Transfer to a medium bowl and whisk in coconut milk and lime juice. Season with salt to taste and set aside.
- In a large pot, bring white wine or beer to a boil over medium-high heat. Add mussels and pour the cooking sauce over. Cover and cook the mussels until all of them are open, about 5-7 minutes. Shake the pot a couple times during cooking.
- Remove from heat. Spoon the mussels and broth into serving bowls and serve with crusty bread. Enjoy!
20 MINUTE SPICY THAI MUSSELS - FLAVOUR AND SAVOUR
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Scrub and debeard the mussels. Discard any that aren't tightly closed or that don't close when you tap them.
EASIEST SPICY STEAMED MUSSELS - EASY HEALTHY-ISH RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
SPICY STEAMED MUSSELS WITH LEMONGRASS, CHILE, AND …
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
SPICY STEAMED MUSSELS RECIPE | RECIPELAND
4.5/5 (8)Calories 538 per servingTotal Time 35 mins
SPICY THAI COCONUT STEAMED MUSSELS | MERMAIDS & …
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
THAI MUSSELS COCONUT MILK RECIPES - YAKCOOK.COM
THAI STEAMED MUSSELS | RECIPE | MUSSELS RECIPE, …
THAI-SPICED STEAMED MUSSELS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
STEAMED MUSSELS WITH THAI DIPPING SAUCE …
SPICY STEAMED MUSSELS RECIPES
SPICY STEAMED MUSSELS RECIPE
SPICY MUSSELS RECIPE | CHILI MUSSELS - YOUTUBE
THAI STEAMED MUSSELS - THAI
THAI MUSSELS RECIPES
THAI STEAMED MUSSELS | RECIPE | STEAMED MUSSELS, …
THAI STEAMED MUSSELS RECIPE
STEAMED MUSSELS WITH THAI-STYLE COCONUT-CURRY BROTH …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Thai steamed mussels with coconut milk?Directions. In a large stock pot, combine the lime juice, coconut milk, wine, curry paste, garlic, fish sauce and sugar. Stir to dissolve sugar and curry paste and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for 2 minutes then add mussels. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until mussels are opened, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove...
How to make Thai chili sauce for mussels?Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add the onions, lemongrass, garlic, and cilantro stems and cook, stirring until softened but not browned. Add the coconut milk, Thai red chili pepper and fish sauce to the pot. Bring to a boil. Add the mussels all at once. Cover the pot and steam the mussels for 4-5 minutes until opened.
How to make steamed mussels with fresh fish?Ingredients 5 pounds fresh mussels, scrubbed and debearded ⅓ cup fresh lime juice 1 (13.5 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk ⅓ cup dry white wine 1 ½ tablespoons Thai red curry paste 1 ½ tablespoons minced garlic 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce 1 tablespoon white sugar 2 cups chopped fresh cilantro
How long does it take to cook mussels in curry sauce?In an 8-quart kettle boil lime juice, coconut milk, wine, curry paste, garlic, fish sauce, and sugar over high heat, stirring, 2 minutes. Add mussels, tossing to combine. Cook mussels, covered, stirring occasionally, until opened, about 5 to 8 minutes.