STILTON AND QUINCE JAM PUFF PASTRIES
Categories Cheese Fruit Bake Christmas Cocktail Party Blue Cheese Quince Winter Phyllo/Puff Pastry Dough Gourmet
Yield Makes 24 hors d'oeuvres
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 425°F. and lightly butter a baking sheet.
- On a lightly floured surface cut out 24 pastry rounds from pastry sheet with a 1 1/2-inch round cutter and arrange 1 inch apart on baking sheet. Brush tops of rounds with some egg wash (be careful not to drip down sides of rounds) and bake in middle of oven until puffed and golden brown, about 12 minutes (rounds will puff unevenly). Transfer rounds with a spatula to a rack and cool slightly. Trim bottoms of rounds if necessary to create level pastries and cool completely on rack. Pastry rounds may be made 2 days ahead and kept in a sealable plastic bag at room temperature.
- Break Stilton into 24 small pieces (about 1/4 inch) and bring to room temperature. Top each pastry round with 1 piece Stilton and 1/2 teaspoon jam and serve at room temperature.
Browning the butter before cooking the quince adds a layer of flavor to these pastries without obscuring the fruit. If you have some cinnamon on hand, stir in a pinch when you add the sugar.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it starts to brown. Add the quince and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened and nicely browned in spots, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the sugar and 1/4 cup water, bring to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is syrupy and the quince is tender, 4 to 5 minutes more. Stir in the salt. Transfer the mixture to a metal bowl and refrigerate to cool, about 10 minutes.
- Fill a small bowl with water. Dice the remaining 4 tablespoons cold butter into bits and fold it into the fruit. Dust a cutting board with flour and roll out the puff pastry to a 12-inch square. Cut into 4 6-inch squares.
- Brush the edges of one of the pastry squares with water. Spoon 1/2 cup of the filling into the center of the square and spread it out a bit towards 2 opposite corners. Fold the dough diagonally over the filling to make a triangle and seal by pressing the edges with a fork. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining pastry squares and filling. Arrange the turnovers 2-inches apart. Make 2 or 3 vents in the top of each turnover with a sharp knife, using the tip to open the vents to expose the fruit (this will prevent the vents from closing in the oven). If your kitchen is very hot, pop each turnover in the freezer while you work and cut vents them when they are chilled. You can fill and freeze the turnovers for up to 5 days before baking; add an additional 5 minutes to the baking time.
- Bake the turnovers until deep golden brown, 18 to 22 minutes, rotating the pan after 10 minutes. Place the pan on a rack and let the turnovers cool for 5 minutes before serving. The turnovers can also be served at room temperature.
QUINCE PUFF PASTRY SQUARES
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Once sugar has dissolved, add lemon slices and vanilla bean. Add quinces, cover, and simmer until soft, but still holding together, about 45 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Remove and discard vanilla bean and lemon; drain quince slices and refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut into 8 squares.
- Stir Greek yogurt until creamy and place 1/2 tablespoon in the middle of each puff pastry square. Place 5 to 6 drained quince slices on top, overlapping slightly, leaving a little room around the edges. Press dough edges up to contain filling. Place squares on the prepared baking sheet.
- Warm apple jelly in the microwave for 30 seconds and brush quince slices with jelly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until puff pastry has risen and is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 457.9 calories, Carbohydrate 88.2 g, Cholesterol 1.4 mg, Fat 12.3 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 3.2 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 89 mg, Sugar 54.5 g
PUFF PASTRY JAM TARTS
These little jam tarts are PERFECT for snacks or with a hot cup of tea/coffee. Theyre great with your favourite jam and taste great with fresh or dried fruit. So quick, so easy, so difficult to stop nibbling on.
Provided by rationingrevisited
Yield Makes Tartlets
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Cut the sheet into even squares, and score a smaller square in the centre.
- In that smaller square we plopped half a teaspoon of jam
- Put the tarts onto grease proof paper and onto baking trays
- put into the oven for into the oven for about 15 -20 minutes or until risen and golden brown. (GAS MARK 6)
RASPBERRY JAM PUFF PASTRY HEARTS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: puff pastry, raspberry jam, egg wash, powdered sugar
Provided by Julie Klink
Yield 9 pastries
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Cut the puff pastry into 9 equal squares.
- Taking one of the squares, place 1 teaspoon of raspberry jam in the center.
- Brush egg wash on each side of the square.
- Take each corner and bring them together the seal the jam inside the dough
- Flip so the pinched side is on the underside. Flatten with the palm of your hand until the patty is about 1-inch thick.
- Make 8 even cuts around the circle making sure the cuts do not touch in the center.
- Take 2 of the cut sections and turn them inward to create the heart shape. Repeat with the other 6 sections.
- Repeat with the remaining pastry squares.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until pastry is golden brown and puffed.
- Serve with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370 calories, Carbohydrate 66 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 2 grams, Sugar 52 grams
Quince makes beautiful jam thanks to its deep pink color once cooked. It's also naturally high in pectin, so it thickens nicely without having to use thickeners. It goes very well with meats and cheeses. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Provided by Buckwheat Queen
Categories Side Dish Sauces and Condiments Recipes Canning and Preserving Recipes Jams and Jellies Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Wash quince under running water, removing the fuzzy outer layer with a soft sponge or fruit brush.
- Heat water and lemon juice to a simmer in a saucepan. Add quince. Bring to a boil and add sugar and cinnamon stick. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until fruit is soft, about 45 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat; discard cinnamon stick. Mix in lemon zest. Pass hot mixture through a sieve into a bowl to create a semi-smooth consistency. Allow to cool and thicken before pouring into sealable jars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 183.2 calories, Carbohydrate 47.9 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 0.4 g, Sodium 4.4 mg, Sugar 33.3 g
More about "stilton and quince jam puff pastries recipes"
STILTON PUFF PASTRY TARTS | RECIPE | PUFF PASTRY TART, TART RECIPES ...
PUFF PASTRY CREAM CHEESE JAM - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
PUFF PASTRY JAM RECIPES – NORTHRICHLANDHILLSDENTISTRY
BRIE AND QUINCE MATCHSTICKS | RECIPE | QUINCE RECIPES, SWEET PUFF ...
QUINCE JAM RECIPE | RECIPE | QUINCE JAM RECIPE, JAM RECIPES, RECIPES
RANDOM RECIPE IDEA FOR DINNER | STILTON-PUFF-PASTRY-TARTS-INGREDIENTS
RECIPE: QUINCE JAM WITH LAURUS AND PEPPER STEP BY STEP WITH …
JAM PUFF PASTRY TWISTS - BELLY FULL
PUFF PASTRY WITH QUINCE AND CHEESE - RICK BAYLESS
STILTON AND QUINCE JAM PUFF PASTRIES | RECIPE | QUINCE JAM, …
STILTON CHEESE PUFFS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS - FOODNEWSNEWS.COM
JAM AND PUFF PASTRY RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
QUINCE PUFF PASTRY SQUARES - PIES - WORLDRECIPES.ORG
RECIPE: QUINCE JELLY | QUINCE JELLY, QUINCE RECIPES, QUINCE JAM RECIPE
SQUASH, QUINCE AND STILTON QUICHE - EVER OPEN SAUCE
QUINCE RECIPE: PUFF PASTRY TART - CHAMPAGNE TASTES®
STILTON AND QUINCE JAM PUFF PASTRIES RECIPE
PUFF PASTRY BITES WITH STILTON, FIG JAM, AND CANDY-GLAZED WALNUTS
QUINCE AND PUFF PASTRY PIES - ALLMEXRECIPES
QUINCE JAM - ALEXANDRA'S KITCHEN
CURLY KALE, STILTON & CHILLI JAM PUFF PASTRY TARTLET RECIPE | EAT YOUR ...
PASTRY PUFF WITH JAM OF QUINCE. QUINCE JAM, SWEET BUN FOR MORNING …
QUINCE JAM RECIPES | NAEYES.COM
STILTON AND FIG PUFF PASTRY TART – ROCKET & SQUASH
QUINCE PUFF PASTRY SQUARES | RECIPESTY
JAM AND PUFF PASTRY RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
QUINCE JAM RECIPE - HOMEMADE QUINCE JAM - RECIPESDE.COM
QUINCE JAM OR JELLY RECIPES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
8 QUINCE JAM RECIPE IDEAS | QUINCE JAM RECIPE, QUINCE, QUINCE RECIPES
QUINCE RECIPES & MENU IDEAS - PAGE 2 | EPICURIOUS.COM
JAM PUFF PASTRY RECIPES | BISONME.COM
JAM PUFF PASTRY RECIPE BY INDIRA MAHARAJ
QUINCE SHEETS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
APPLE AND PEAR PASTRIES - RECIPE | TASTYCRAZE.COM
QUINCE JAM - TASTE OF BEIRUT
QUINCE JAM RECIPE | RECIPES FOR COOKING, BAKING, GRILLING
QUINCE PASTE AND STILTON QUICHE RECIPE BY SANTY COY - COOKPAD
EASY ENTERTAINING: BRIEN AND JAM PUFF PASTRIES - EASY PUFF PASTRIES ...
OUR FAVORITE RECIPES FEATURING QUINCE, A FRAGRANT FALL FRUIT
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love