STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM CAKE
This recipe is fast to assemble and while you can absolutely buy the ingredients pre-made, I prefer to make the cake part myself. You can also use angel food cake (loaf shape) or your favorite pound cake.
Provided by thedailygourmet
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Slice cake horizontally into 3 layers and freeze for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine strawberries and sugar in a bowl and set aside to macerate for 10 minutes. Once macerated, remove 1 cup of strawberries to a separate bowl for topping; set aside.
- Create a sling in a loaf pan using plastic wrap. Place the bottom cake layer into the loaf pan. Spread the bottom cake layer with strawberry ice cream. Add macerated strawberries on top of the ice cream and spread whipping cream over strawberries. Repeat layers, adding equal amounts of strawberry ice cream, macerated strawberries, and whipping cream.
- Place in freezer until frozen, about 4 hours. Remove from loaf pan and cut into slices. Serve with remaining macerated strawberries and whipping cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 275.5 calories, Carbohydrate 29.6 g, Cholesterol 112.9 mg, Fat 16.6 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 3.8 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 202 mg, Sugar 18.3 g
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter two 9-inch round cake pans, line the bottoms with parchment and butter the parchment. Lightly dust the pans with flour and tap out any excess.
- Whisk the cake flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Beat the butter in a large bowl with a mixer on medium-high speed until creamy, about 1 minute. Add the brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Scrape down the sides and beat in the eggs one at a time. Beat in 1 tablespoon vanilla. Reduce the speed to low and beat in the flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with the milk. Increase the speed to medium high and beat until the batter is just combined, about 20 seconds (do not overbeat).
- Divide the batter between the prepared pans. Bake until the cake is just golden and springs back when gently pressed, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer to a rack and let cool 20 minutes in the pans, then turn out onto the rack, remove the parchment and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, remove the ice cream from the freezer and let soften slightly. Combine both flavors in a large bowl and stir together with a rubber spatula. Line one of the cooled cake pans with plastic wrap and fill with the ice cream in an even layer. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm but not rock solid, about 45 minutes.
- Uncover the ice cream and invert onto one of the cake layers; discard the plastic wrap. Top with the second cake layer, gently pressing it into the ice cream. Smooth the sides with an offset spatula. Freeze until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, pulse 2 cups strawberries in a food processor until liquefied. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing with a rubber spatula; set the puree aside. Combine the remaining 2 cups strawberries, remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and the lemon juice in a small bowl; toss.
- Combine the heavy cream, confectioners' sugar and remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes. Beat in the strawberry puree.
- Remove the cake from the freezer and frost with the strawberry whipped cream. Return to the freezer until the whipped cream hardens, at least 45 minutes or overnight. Top with the macerated strawberries. Let the cake soften 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
EASY ICE CREAM STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
This layered strawberry shortcake dessert is pretty as can be, and is perfect for spring or summer entertaining.
Provided by By Cindy Rahe
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Remove pound cake from foil container, and line container with cooking parchment paper, leaving paper hanging over 2 sides.
- Cut pound cake horizontally into thirds, creating 3 layers. Place bottom layer into parchment-lined container.
- In small bowl, stir together softened ice cream and chopped strawberries. Spread half of the ice cream mixture over bottom layer of cake in container; top with second cake layer.
- Spread remaining ice cream mixture over that, and top with final layer of cake. Return cake to freezer for about 4 hours or until ice cream is very firm.
- Remove cake from container, using parchment as handles. Slice and serve with whipped cream and sliced strawberries.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Serving
STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM CAKE
- Slice prepared Angel Food cake in half horizontally. Spread softened strawberry ice cream on bottom layer. Put top layer on top the ice cream. Freeze cake for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Mix cream cheese and confectioner's sugar until light and fluffy.
- About 15 minutes before serving, remove cake from freezer and spread the cream cheese mixture over top and sides. Garnish with fresh strawberries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366.6 calories, Carbohydrate 69.6 g, Cholesterol 27.4 mg, Fat 8.6 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 5.3 g, Sodium 284.9 mg, Sugar 60.4 g
STRAWBERRY CRUNCH ICE CREAM CAKE
While growing up, I loved treats from the ice cream truck that rolled through my neighborhood. This ice cream cake is inspired by one of those crunchy, strawberry novelties. -Lisa Kaminski, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Line a 9x9-in. baking pan with parchment. Preheat oven to 350°. Finely crush 24 cookies. In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake until firm, 25-30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack., Spread vanilla ice cream onto crust; freeze, covered, until firm. Spread with strawberry ice cream and then whipped topping; freeze, covered, until firm. , Coarsely crush remaining cookies. Combine cookie crumbs and freeze-dried strawberries; sprinkle over whipped topping. Freeze, covered, until firm, 8 hours or overnight. Remove cake from freezer. Lifting with parchment, remove from pan. Gently peel off parchment. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. If desired, garnish with fresh strawberries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 584 calories, Fat 30g fat (16g saturated fat), Cholesterol 54mg cholesterol, Sodium 280mg sodium, Carbohydrate 72g carbohydrate (33g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM CAKE
- For the cake:.
- Preheat the oven to the temperature required according to the directions on the cake mix box. Grease and line the bottom of two 9-inch cake tins with baking paper.
- Tip the cake mix into a large bowl and add the eggs, vegetable oil and water following the directions on the box for the quantities needed and mixing directions.
- Divide the batter between the cake pans and bake for the time given on the cake mix box.
- Tip the cake layers out onto wire racks, peel the baking paper off and set aside to cool completely.
- For the filling:.
- Let the strawberry ice cream soften for a few minutes before scooping it out into a large bowl. Use a wooden spoon to beat the ice cream until you get a buttercream-like texture. Add the diced strawberries and fold together.
- Line a tall 9-inch springform cake pan with plastic wrap, allowing a few inches to overhang on the outside of the cake pan. Place the first cooled cake layer in the pan. Spread the softened strawberry ice cream in an even layer over the whole thing. Place the second cake layer on top. Cover with the overhanging plastic wrap and freeze for 3-4 hours until firm.
- Pulse the freeze-dried strawberries and vanilla wafers together in a food processor until broken down into a breadcrumb-like texture.
- Remove the cake from the freezer and from the springform pan. Peel away the plastic wrap carefully.
- Use a metal offset spatula to spread the vanilla frosting in a thin, even layer over the top and sides of the cake.
- Quickly press your strawberry-vanilla wafer powder over the top and sides of the cake.
- Pipe 6-8 peaks of vanilla frosting onto the top of the cake using a piping bag fitted with a wide star tip. Top each of these with a halved strawberry.
- Serve immediately.
- Line your pan with plastic wrap to help unmold it later.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 373.4, Fat 11.9, SaturatedFat 3.9, Cholesterol 14.4, Sodium 418.6, Carbohydrate 63.5, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 30.4, Protein 4.5
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM CAKE RECIPE - (4.5/5)
Provided by ltrodrigu
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Puree half the strawberries with lemon juice and 3 tablespoons sugar in a food processor until nearly smooth and evenly combined. Trim tops and sides of pound cakes to make neat rectangles, reserving trimmings for another use. Halve each rectangular cake crosswise into 2 square blocks. Turn each block onto its side and slice into four ½-inch thick slices. You will have 16 thin slices. Remove strawberry ice cream from freezer and let stand at room temperature, 5 minutes. Meanwhile, arrange a single layer of pound cake slices in bottom of a 9-inch springform pan, cutting to fit and pressing the pieces together to form a snug, even layer. Use your thumbs to pack the cake firmly into edges of pan. Scoop ice cream into a bowl. Mix on low speed with an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment until just soft and spreadable (if ice cream starts to melt, put it back in freezer for a few minutes). Scrape out of bowl onto pound cake, then use back of a large metal spoon to spread into an even layer reaching all the way to edges. Freeze until firm, about 20 minutes. Top strawberry ice cream with another snug, even layer of pound cake, then spoon on about ¾ cup strawberry sauce. Freeze until firm, about 45 minutes. Remove vanilla ice cream from freezer and let stand at room temperature, 5 minutes. Meanwhile, top strawberry sauce with another snug, even layer of pound cake, then return to freezer. Scoop ice cream into a bowl. Mix on low speed with an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment until just soft and spreadable (if ice cream starts to melt, put it back in freezer for a few minutes). Scrape out of bowl onto pound cake, then use back of a large metal spoon to spread into an even layer reaching all the way to edges. (The pan should be full by this point.) Working quickly, decorate the top of the cake with some strawberry sauce, reserving 3 tablespoons for whipped cream. Freeze cake at least 3 hours. Meanwhile, quarter remaining strawberries lengthwise and put in a bowl. Toss with 1 tablespoon sugar, and let stand at least 30 minutes.
More about "strawberry shortcake ice cream cake recipes"
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM CAKE RECIPE | TASTE OF …
Author Lisa KaminskiEstimated Reading Time 7 mins
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM CAKE - THE SPRUCE EATS
3/5 (5)Total Time 12 hrs 15 minsCategory Dessert, CakeCalories 876 per serving
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM CAKE - THE RECIPE REBEL
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM CAKE - JUST SO TASTY
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM BAR CAKE RECIPE, BEST …
BEST STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICEBOX CAKE RECIPE - DELISH
STRAWBERRY ICEBOX CAKE + VIDEO - THE SLOW ROASTED …
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM CAKE RECIPE QUICK …
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
BEST STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM CAKE RECIPE
Total Time 5 hrs 45 mins
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM - EASY AND DREAMY!
CAKE RECIPE FOR STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE BEST RECIPES
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM CAKE - MY ORGANIZED CHAOS
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM CAKE - FOOD RECIPES
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM CAKE: A SUMMER RECIPE
HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM BARS RECIPE
STRAWBERRY ICE-CREAM SHORTCAKE - CANADIAN LIVING
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE CHEESECAKE CAKE! - MY INCREDIBLE RECIPES
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM CAKE - COOKING MAMAS
STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM SHORTCAKE - SUNDAY SUPPER MOVEMENT
STRAWBERRY CRUNCH ICE CREAM CAKE - LIFE LOVE AND SUGAR
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE CAKE (GOOD HUMOR BAR COPYCAT)
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICEBOX CAKE | NO BAKE ICEBOX CAKE
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM - CAKE RECIPE
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE NO CHURN ICE CREAM | THE LEMON APRON
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM CAKE - STRAWBERRY DESSERT RECIPES
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM CAKE - MAMA LOVES FOOD
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM CAKE MEIJER - CLETA MCGREGOR
STRAWBERRY BAKERY HOURS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM - HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY ICE …
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM - CHAPMAN'S ICE CREAM
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM CAKE - THE AVOCADO NUT
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE RECIPE - GEMMA’S BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
NEW RECIPE: BEST STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM CAKE RECIPE
RECIPE: DUNCAN HINES STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM CAKE | DUNCAN HINES …
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICEBOX CAKE - CRAZY FOR CRUST
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM CAKE - JENNY COOKIES
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM CAKE | METRO
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #desserts #fruit #spring #summer #cakes #seasonal #berries #strawberries #4-hours-or-less #ice-cream
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What do you put on a Strawberry Shortcake cake?Strawberry ice cream, whipped cream and fresh berries make this strawberry shortcake ice cream cake impossible to resist. All you have to do is assemble the layers – no baking involved – for the perfect no-bake summer treat.
How do you make a strawberry cake with ice cream?Spread the bottom cake layer with strawberry ice cream. Add macerated strawberries on top of the ice cream and spread whipping cream over strawberries. Repeat layers, adding equal amounts of strawberry ice cream, macerated strawberries, and whipping cream. Place in freezer until frozen, about 4 hours.
Is this strawberry shortcake ice cream real cream?This Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream starts with real cream (believe me-there are a lot of ice creams out there not made with cream!), and has loads of white cake chunks and real strawberries.
How do you fill a shortcake with ice cream?For the filling: When the crust is frozen, scoop on half of the softened vanilla ice cream. Use a small offset spatula to smooth the ice cream into an even layer. Sprinkle 1 cup of the shortcake crumbs over the ice cream, slightly pressing in to adhere.