NUTELLA®-STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
My daughter loves when I make this stuffed French toast. You could add some sliced fruit to the sandwich if you'd like; try bananas or strawberries. Dust with powered sugar and serve with pancake syrup.
Provided by Anne Tomlinson
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Spread 1 tablespoon chocolate-hazelnut spread onto one side of each of 2 slices cinnamon bread; top each with another bread slice to make 2 sandwiches.
- Beat milk, egg, and vanilla extract together in a shallow bowl until smooth. Soak each sandwich in the milk mixture until the bread is moistened, about 15 seconds per side.
- Prepare a nonstick pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Cook sandwiches in the hot pan until browned on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Flip sandwiches and continue cooking until other side is browned, about 1 minute more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 296 calories, Carbohydrate 39.6 g, Cholesterol 95.4 mg, Fat 12.8 g, Fiber 4.1 g, Protein 11.2 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 295.8 mg, Sugar 18.3 g
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST STRATA WITH ORANGE SYRUP
- Spray rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches, with cooking spray. Toast 6 slices of the bread; place in pan. Spread each slice toast evenly with cream cheese and marmalade. Butter remaining bread slices; place butter sides up on toast.
- Beat eggs, milk and vanilla in medium bowl with wire whisk until blended. Pour over bread. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°. Uncover and bake 35 to 45 minutes or until deep golden brown and slightly puffed. Cut between bread slices. Serve with Orange Syrup.
- Method for Orange Syrup: Mix ingredients in small microwavable bowl. Microwave uncovered on High about 1 minute or until heated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 535, Carbohydrate 84 g, Cholesterol 180 mg, Fat 3, Fiber 2 g, Protein 12 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 490 mg
PANETTONE FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE
Got leftover panettone? Lucky you! The traditional Italian Christmas bread makes an excellent base for a breakfast casserole. All it needs is a soak in spiced custard and a turn in the oven.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Arrange bread in overlapping layers in a 2 1/2-to 3-quart baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg until thoroughly combined. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread; press with palms to fully submerge. Cover and let stand at room temperature 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake until puffed, golden brown on top, and set, 45 to 50 minutes (if browning too quickly, tent with foil). Let stand 10 minutes, then serve, dusted with confectioners' sugar and drizzled with maple syrup.
LEMON-RASPBERRY FRENCH TOAST STRATA
- Arrange rack in center of the oven and preheat to 350°F.
- Lightly butter 9- by 13-inch glass baking dish or 14-inch oval gratin dish. Pour in maple syrup; scatter bread cubes and raspberries in dish.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, lemon zest, and salt; pour over bread cubes.
- Bake strata until puffed and golden brown, about 45 minutes. Transfer to rack to cool 5 minutes, then serve warm with additional maple syrup.
FRENCH TOAST STRATA
This is a good recipe to use when company comes or when you are entertaining for brunch. Sometimes, I add dried apricots, snipped into small pieces. The apple syrup (in database) is very good with this too. Prep time includes 8 hours in refrigerator.
Provided by Miss Annie
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Grease a 9x13x2 rectangular baking dish.
- Place half the bread cubes in the dish.
- Sprinkle with cream cheese cubes and then remaining bread cubes.
- Combine eggs, cream, melted butter and syrup.
- Mix well and pour over bread and cheese cubes.
- Using a spatula, press layers down to moisten.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours, or overnight.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake uncovered for 35- 40 minutes at 350ºF, or until set and golden brown.
- Let stand about 10 minutes before cutting.
- Top with your favorite syrup, or apple cider syrup (see database), or a big dollop of whipped cream.
JEAN'S STUFFED FRENCH TOAST STRATA
We had this the morning after Christmas. This is another of my MIL's recipes. Gosh...her house smelled wonderful when this was baking. I haven't cooked this recipe myself, but my kids and DH want me to. The Apple Cider Syrup recipe is being posted and I will post it's recipe #. This tastes like it should be served with Cool Whip.
Provided by KrisVonD
Yield 1 breakfast casserole
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Grease a 13 x 9 pan.
- Cut bread into cubes (you should end up with about 12 cups).
- Place half bread cubes in pan.
- Top with cream cheese cubes.
- Top with remaining bread cubes.
- Beat together eggs, milk, melted butter, and maple syrup.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over bread cubes and cream cheese.
- Slightly press down with spatula to moisten.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours.
- When ready to bake, remove plastic wrap and bake in oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 to 45 minutes or until center appears set and edges are lightly golden.
- Top with Apple Cider Syrup. Recipe is posted.
- Let stand about 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 4062.6, Fat 200.8, SaturatedFat 108.1, Cholesterol 2148.4, Sodium 4626.8, Carbohydrate 438.9, Fiber 14.4, Sugar 152.9, Protein 128
FRENCH TOAST STRATA
I'm always on the lookout for different breakfast and brunch ideas. I like to serve this easy make-ahead casserole when we have out-of-town guests. -Jill Middleton, Baldwinsville, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (1 cup syrup).
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Arrange half of the bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with cream cheese and remaining bread. In a blender, combine the eggs, milk, butter and maple syrup; cover and process until smooth. Pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight., Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving., For syrup, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Gradually whisk in cider and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in butter until melted. Serve warm with strata.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 578 calories, Fat 34g fat (17g saturated fat), Cholesterol 285mg cholesterol, Sodium 537mg sodium, Carbohydrate 58g carbohydrate (35g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 17g protein.
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST STRATA
This recipe came from a Longaberger Branch Leader who demonstrated it at a Bee as a way to promote the sales of pottery 9x13s, and OMG is it amazing. Serve this with warm Apple Cider Syrup (recipe in JAP) and you will be a breakfast super hero!
Provided by Megan Stewart
Categories Breakfast Casseroles
Number Of Ingredients 6
- 1. Cut French bread into cubes to make about 12 cups. Grease 9x13 and arrange half of the cubes in the bottom. Top with cream cheese cubes, then remaining bread. Mix together eggs, milk, melted butter and syrup. Pour evenly over the dish. Lightly press layers down to moisten. Cover and refrigerate 2-24 hours.
- 2. Bake uncovered at 325 degrees 35-40 min or until the center is set and edges are golden brown. Let stand 10 min before serving with syrup.
More about "stuffed french toast strata recipes"
BAKED STUFFED FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE (OVERNIGHT) | THE WORKTOP
4.7/5 (17)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Breakfast, Brunch, Toasts And SandwichesCalories 548 per serving
- The night before, grease a large casserole dish. Check that you can lay out 6 slices of bread evenly across the bottom of your casserole dish. If they do not fit, trim the bread as needed so you can fit the stuffed french toast sandwiches evenly. I use this 13-inch x 10-inch casserole dish.
- Spread on a thick layer of the cream cheese mixture on a slice of bread and close it with a second slice to make a sandwich. Place it in the casserole dish. Repeat with the remaining slices. You will want to divide up all of the cream cheese mixture evenly.
THE BEST STUFFED FRENCH TOAST - MOM ON TIMEOUT
Servings 5Calories 807 per servingCategory Breakfast
- In a separate bowl, stir together strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice until just combined. Set aside.
- In a small bowl beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and fresh lemon zest until smooth and well combined, about 1 minute.
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST STRATA WITH APPLE CIDER SYRUP RECIPE ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 5 hrsServings 8Calories 572 per serving
10 STUFFED FRENCH TOAST RECIPES FOR YOUR BEST BREAKFAST EVER
Author Jane MaynardPublished 2014-05-10Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Berry Creamy Cheese-Stuffed French Toast. French toast with berries and cream cheese? Le sigh. Get the recipe from Like Mother Like Daughter.
- Cream Cheese- and Banana-Stuffed French Toast. Simply slice bananas and use cream cheese frosting to create the sweetest, gooiest, cheesiest French toast you've ever eaten.
- Banana Bread Stuffed French Toast. Why just stuff regular bread when you could stuff banana bread? Get the recipe from Diethood.
- Peanut Butter-Stuffed French Toast. If PB&J; were breakfast, but infinitely more delicious. Get the recipe from Dinners Dishes & Desserts.
- Cookie Butter French Toast Roll-Ups. This recipe makes eating stuffed French toast beyond easy as well as beyond delicious. Hello, cookie butter. Get the recipe from Cupcakes and Kale Chips.
- Cannoli Stuffed French Toast. Just say YES to cannoli for breakfast. Get the recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod.
- Bourbon Pecan Cream Cheese-Stuffed French Toast. As if French toast stuffed with pecans and cream cheese weren't good enough, then you add BOURBON. Get the recipe from The Law Student's Wife.
- Walnut-Stuffed French Toast. If you like your breakfast a little nutty, this one's for you. Get the recipe from Poet in the Pantry.
- Nutella-Stuffed French Toast. Of course you should stuff French toast with Nutella! Get the recipe from Living Locurto.
- Jam-Stuffed French Toast. Homemade jam turns this French toast into something truly irresistible. Like, kryptonite-irresistible. Get the recipe from Dieter's Downfall.
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (21)Calories 340 per servingServings 12
- Trim crusts from bread. Arrange half of the bread in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine milk, 1 1/2 cups egg substitute, half-and-half, and 1/2 cup sugar in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Pour half of milk mixture over bread in dish.
- Combine 1/2 cup egg substitute, 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, and cheeses in a food processor or blender; process until smooth. Pour cream cheese mixture over moist bread in dish. Top with remaining bread; pour remaining milk mixture over bread. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
OVERNIGHT FRENCH TOAST - KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.6/5 (7)Total Time 14 hrs 15 minsServings 12
- Spread the bread cubes on a cookie sheet or other large pan to dry out for about an hour., Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg., If you're adding the bacon or sausage, arrange half the bread cubes in a lightly greased 9" x 13" pan, or similar-sized casserole dish.
- If you're not using any meat, place all of the bread cubes in the pan or casserole dish., If you're using the meat, scatter it over the bread, and cover with the remaining bread cubes., Pour the egg/milk mixture over the bread in the pan, pushing down on the bread to submerge it as much as possible., Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for several hours, or overnight., Next day, preheat the oven to 350°F., Sprinkle the top of the casserole with cinnamon-sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, and the top is lightly browned., Remove from the oven, and dust with cinnamon sugar, if desired., Serve warm, cut in squares and drizzled with maple syrup, if desired.
RASPBERRY FRENCH TOAST STRATA - TARA TEASPOON
5/5 (3)Total Time 5 hrs 30 minsCategory BrunchCalories 314 per serving
- Mix together the eggs, milk and 4 tbsp sugar. In another bowl combine cream cheese with 1 tbsp sugar. Butter a 2½-quart baking dish.
- Quickly dip half of the brioche slices into the egg mixture and arrange them in a slightly overlapping layer on the bottom of the dish. Top with bits of half the cream cheese and half the raspberries. Repeat with remaining brioche, cream cheese, and raspberries. Pour the remaining egg mixture over the top and sprinkle the entire dish with 2 tbsp sugar. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 4 hr or up to 24 hr.
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Remove plastic wrap and bake strata until eggs are set and the top is golden, about 55 min; cover with foil if the top gets too brown. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve warm or at room temperature.
20 STRATA AND STUFFED FRENCH TOAST IDEAS | BREAKFAST ...
20 pins995 followers
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST STRATA RECIPE | MRBREAKFAST.COM
FRENCH TOAST STRATA RECIPE - CUISINART.COM
FRENCH TOAST STRATA RECIPE - CUISINART.COM
RECIPE FOR STUFFED FRENCH TOAST STRATA WITH APPLE CIDER ...
FRENCH TOAST HEAT - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES ...
JEAN'S STUFFED FRENCH TOAST STRATA RECIPE - PINTEREST.CA
FRENCH TOAST STRATA + APPLE CIDER SYRUP - YESTERDAY ON TUESDAY
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST STRATA RECIPES
OUR VERY FAVORITE FRENCH TOAST RECIPES FOR BREAKFAST OR ...
10+ STUFFED FRENCH TOAST RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook stuffed French toast?This Baked Stuffed French Toast is a perfect breakfast recipe. Fill brioche with cream cheese and jam, let it soak overnight, and simply place the casserole in the oven the next morning. The night before, grease a large casserole dish. Check that you can lay out 6 slices of bread evenly across the bottom of your casserole dish.
How to make strawberries and French toast sandwich?Layer strawberries in a single layer on one piece of bread and place the other piece of bread on top.. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Dip each “sandwich” in egg mixture until fully coated. Quickly transfer French toast to the hot, greased skillet.
How to make the best French toast with eggs?Whisk the eggs together. Whisk in the milk, vanilla and salt. Gently pour the mixture over the French toast sandwiches. Allow it to soak for 1 minute. Then carefully using the help of a spatula, flip each sandwich over. Don't let it soak too long because if the bottom bread becomes too soggy, it's hard to flip.
What makes French toast so delicious?Other recipes are rich thanks to their use of eggs and milk while some get their decadent texture thanks to eggs and heavy cream. Some are scented with vanilla, some with cinnamon. Either way, each bite is bound to be delicious. Classic French toast is cooked on the stovetop, usually in butter and served one slice at a time to eager eaters.