PENNE WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, blend the sun-dried tomatoes and their oil, garlic, salt and pepper, to taste, and basil in a food processor and blend until the tomatoes are finely chopped. Transfer the tomato mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the Parmesan.
- Add the pasta to the pesto and toss to coat, adding enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Season the pasta, to taste, with salt and pepper and serve.
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO
- Place sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl and cover with warm water for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- In a food processor or blender combine sun-dried tomatoes, basil, parsley, garlic, pine nuts and onion; process until well blended. Add vinegar, tomato paste, crushed tomatoes and red wine, and process. Stir in olive oil and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 44.1 calories, Carbohydrate 2.4 g, Cholesterol 0.9 mg, Fat 3.5 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 80.5 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND WALNUT PESTO
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and oil, walnuts, cheese, crushed red pepper and garlic to a food processor and process until smooth. Add in the basil and pulse just about 5 times to retain the color of the herb. Season to taste.
BAKED CHICKEN WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO
- Preheat oven to 500*F.
- Line a 13x9" baking pan with foil; arrange chicken in the pan.
- Combine the sun-dried tomatoes, 2 Tbsp.
- of the oil, basil, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and pepper in a food processor; whirl until smooth.
- Spread about half (around 1/4 cup) of the pesto over the chicken.
- Bake about 15-20 minutes, or until juices run clear; remove pan from oven.
- Heat the broiler.
- Spread the remaining pesto over the chicken; broil 6" from heat for 3-5 minutes, or until browned.
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO
A had a glut of tomatoes last Summer, so sun-dried them. This pesto is a great way of using up sun-dried tomatoes, and super good value as well.
Provided by clkrecipes
Yield Makes 2 x 250ml small jars
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor except the olive oil. Start the food processor and drizzle in the olive oil slowly while still mixing. Stop the machine, scrape down the sides, and adjust salt and pepper, according to taste.
- Any leftover pesto can be stored in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Pesto can be refrigerated for up to one week. You can also freeze the pesto in ice cube trays, and this will keep for up to 2 months.
CHICKEN, PESTO AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO PASTA
This is one of the most requested recipes in our house; simple, very tasty and healthy. Goes down a treat with a nice glass of white!
Provided by currybunny
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, add to pan and cook for 5-7 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Cook pasta according to packet direction, drain and return to saucepan.
- Heat remaining oil in pan, add tomatoes and toss for a minute.
- Thinly slice chicken and return to pan; add pesto and cream and toss over low heat til well combined.
- Add pasta and mix well, season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve accompanied with parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 672.9, Fat 24, SaturatedFat 8, Cholesterol 72.8, Sodium 281, Carbohydrate 93.1, Fiber 17, Sugar 4.1, Protein 26.8
More about "sundried tomato pesto recipes"
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO - SIMPLY RECIPES
5/5 (2)Total Time 13 minsCuisine AmericanCalories 135 per serving
10 BEST SUN DRIED TOMATO PESTO CHICKEN RECIPES - YUMMLY
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
3.6/5 (5)Total Time 10 minsCuisine ItalianCalories 163 per serving
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
PESTO QUICHE - WELL PLATED BY ERIN
PESTO PASTA WITH SUN DRIED TOMATOES AND ROASTED ASPARAGUS
RECIPE: SUN-DRIED TOMATO & PESTO ROLLS - KITCHN
SUN DRIED TOMATO PESTO PASTA - DON'T GO BACON MY HEART
SUNDRIED TOMATO RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
BASIL AND SUN-DRIED TOMATOES PESTO - NOT ENOUGH CINNAMON
PASTA WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO AND MOZZARELLA PEARLS
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO PASTA | GIADZY
CREAMY SUN DRIED TOMATO PESTO CHICKEN - JZ EATS
15 SUN-DRIED TOMATO RECIPES THAT ADD BRIGHT FLAVOR TO YOUR …
10 DELICIOUS IDEAS FOR USING OUR SUNDRIED TOMATO PESTO - PESTO …
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO PASTA RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
18 SUN DRIED TOMATO RECIPES THAT SHOW HOW VERSATILE …
CLASSICO SIGNATURE RECIPES SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO SAUCE
SUN DRIED TOMATO RECIPES - AVOCADO PESTO
RECIPES WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES - TASTE OF HOME
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO (PESTO ROSSO) - STRIPED SPATULA
PASTA WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO & FETA CHEESE RECIPE
ONE-PAN CHICKEN WITH CREAMY SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO SAUCE
ROASTED VEGETABLES WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO RECIPE
HOMEMADE SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO RECIPE - DELICIOUS EVERYDAY
ZUCCHINI NOODLES WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO - JUST A TASTE
HERB AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
GRILLED CHICKEN TOPPED CREAMY SUNDRIED TOMATO PESTO - RECIPES
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO - DAVID LEBOVITZ
SUNDRIED TOMATO AND PESTO SAVOURY MUFFINS - FAMILY-FRIENDS-FOOD
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO RECIPE - LITTLE SPICE JAR
30 COLORFUL RECIPES WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES | ALLRECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make pesto with sun dried tomatoes?Directions. Meanwhile, blend the sun-dried tomatoes and their oil, garlic, salt and pepper, to taste, and basil in a food processor and blend until the tomatoes are finely chopped. Transfer the tomato mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the Parmesan. Add the pasta to the pesto and toss to coat,...
How to cook sun-dried tomatoes for pasta?Ready In. 20 m. Place sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl and cover with warm water for 5 minutes, or until tender. In a food processor or blender combine sun-dried tomatoes, basil, parsley, garlic, pine nuts and onion; process until well blended. Add vinegar, tomato paste, crushed tomatoes and red wine, and process. Stir in olive oil and Parmesan cheese.
What are the best sun-dried tomatoes for pesto?DeLallo’s Simply Pesto Sun-Dried Tomato with Olive is the perfect antidote and peace keeper in the kitchen. It’s a mix of sun-dried tomatoes and olives in a smooth and somewhat spicy bite that totally jives with my husband’s tastebuds.
What is the best pesto recipe?This easy pesto recipe is absolutely bursting with the Mediterranean flavors of basil, parmesan, tomatoes and garlic. Add basil leaves, garlic, parmesan and salt in the bowl of your food processor. Process and gradually add olive oil. Add sun-dried tomatoes and keep processing until you obtain the desired consistency.