BELL PEPPERS AND PASTA
This meatless entree is always a hit. In fact, I double it whenever I know I'm going to feed some big eaters, and it still disappears. -Sharon Csuhta of Wadsworth, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil for 1-1/2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds longer. Add the sweet peppers; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the olives, oregano, salt and cayenne. Add water; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Drain pasta and stir into skillet. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese. Serve immediately.,
Nutrition Facts : Calories 274 calories, Fat 9g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 17mg cholesterol, Sodium 434mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SWEET PEPPER PASTA
- Cook the pasta according to pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan, then fry the onion over a medium-high heat for 5-6 mins, stirring occasionally, until golden and softened. Stir in the garlic and cook for a further 2-3 mins. Drain the peppers, reserving their juice, then stir into the onion. Cook for 2-3 mins to heat through. Blitz the mixture in a food processor, with 75ml/2½fl oz reserved juice from the peppers and 75ml/2½fl oz cooking liquid from the pasta, to make a chunky sauce.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the pan. Add the pepper mixture, then season to taste. Toss with the rocket or watercress while still hot, so it just begins to wilt, then serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 375 calories, Fat 42 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 77 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 6 grams fiber, Protein 13 grams protein
PENNE PASTA WITH PEPPERS
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and reserve.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, red bell peppers and yellow bell peppers and saute for 10 minutes or until tender. Pour this vegetable mixture over cooked pasta and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 431.9 calories, Carbohydrate 79.9 g, Fat 7.8 g, Fiber 5.8 g, Protein 14 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 9.7 mg, Sugar 8.6 g
ONE-POT SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS PASTA RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: farfalle pasta, olive oil, hot italian sausages, sweet italian sausages, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, white onion, garlic, diced tomato, oregano, salt, black ground pepper
Provided by Andrew Ilnyckyj
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil, add a generous amount of salt, and cook pasta 2 minutes less than the package instructions.
- Strain pasta and set aside. Toss with a small amount of oil to prevent sticking
- In the same pot, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and fry sausages, working in batches as needed, until deeply browned on all sides.
- Remove sausages, slice in ¾-inch (2 cm) rings, and set aside.
- Sauté all of the bell peppers, onion, and garlic for about 2 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, all of the spices, and the sausage slices to the pot.
- Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add the pasta back to the pot and stir gently until all the ingredients are coated in the sauce. Continue simmering until pasta is al dente.
- Serve with grated parmesan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 901 calories, Carbohydrate 110 grams, Fat 35 grams, Fiber 9 grams, Protein 36 grams, Sugar 17 grams
PASTA WITH BELL PEPPERS, PESTO AND SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGE
Wonderfully refreshing recipe made with all fresh ingredients. Great any time of the year. My whole family loves this dish. I like to serve with fresh steamed brocolli, sprinkled with garlic powder or parmesan cheese.
Provided by brunettebaker
Yield 5-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Remove casing from sausage links. Heat skillet, and add links. Break up meat while cooking (like ground beef consistancy) Cook until nicely browned.
- Place on paper plate with paper towel to soak up extra grease. Place aside until needed.
- Wash tomatoes and slice up into workable size. Place in food processor.
- Peel garlic cloves and place in processor with tomatoes.
- Cut lemon in half, squeeze juice from one half on top of tomatoes and garlic on food processor.
- Wash basil and cilantro. Place herbs in food processor as well.
- Process until all tomatoes are chopped up - NOT until smooth. You want a little chunkiness. Sauce will be a little watery. (I have thought about adding a small can of tomato paste or something here to thicken the sauce and make it more like what you would get out of a jar, however I have never tried it so I'm not sure how it would work/taste.).
- Wash and cut up pepper. Cut into slices and then cut the slices in half.
- Place tomato sauce in pan and add in meat. Heat for 5-10 minutes over medium heat until warm. Add in pepper for a few minutes and cook until desired firmness. (I only put them in for about 2-3 minutes as I like them just warm, and still crunchy.).
- Mix sauce with warm pasta, stir in pesto and serve ENJOY!
SWEET BELL PEPPERS & PASTA
Pasta is a huge food staple in our household. We have pasta at least once a week. Instead of using marinara or alfredo, I just made the pasta cheesy to enhance the sweet bell peppers.
Provided by Jennifer Bass @jenniebug1978
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a non-stick skillet, cook Pancetta until crisp. Drain on paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- While pasta and pancetta are cooking, use a non-stick skillet and saute the onion in extra-virgin olive oil for 1 1/2 minutes. Add garlic; cook for 30 seconds longer. Add the sweet bell peppers and mushrooms; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until peppers are tender. Stir in the Italian seasoning and cayenne pepper. Add water; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Drain pasta and stir into skillet. Add Pancetta and remove from heat. Stir in the cheese. Garnish with freshly grated Asiago cheese. Serve immediately.
SHANGHAI PASTA (WITH SHRIMP AND SWEET BELL PEPPERS)
I really love this dish and hope you enjoy it too. The red and yellow sweet peppers, along with the bright green beans, combine for a very pretty presentation. Credit goes to Gene Lee, who first submitted this recipe to Family Circle. I modified it a bit to my tastes.
Provided by averybird
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Mix ingredients for the sauce (listed above) and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- In a large skillet or wok, cook and stir green beans and sweet peppers in hot oil for five minutes. Push veggies to the side if using a wok. Otherwise pour them in with the pasta to free up the skillet.
- Add a little oil to the skillet if needed, to continue. Add the garlic, ginger, and black pepper. When oil is hot, add the shrimp and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until they are opaque.
- Add sauce to skillet. (If substituting pea pods for green beans, add them now too).
- Finally, add pasta, green beans and sweet peppers back into the skillet and heat through.
- To serve, top with sesame seeds and green onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 356.1, Fat 11.5, SaturatedFat 1.5, Cholesterol 155.4, Sodium 1304.4, Carbohydrate 41.5, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 1.9, Protein 21.7
SWEET PEPPERS WITH PASTA
- Cook garlic in oil in a large heavy skillet over moderate heat, stirring, until golden. Add peppers, wine, and salt and pepper to taste, then cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until very tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- While peppers are cooking, cook pasta in a 6-qt. pot of boiling salted water until al dente and drain. Toss pasta with peppers and season with salt and pepper.
SWEET PEPPER PASTA TOSS WITH KALE
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in red pepper, yellow pepper, kale and garlic. Season with basil, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- In a large bowl, toss cooked pasta with skillet mixture. Sprinkle with feta cheese to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 431.8 calories, Carbohydrate 52 g, Cholesterol 50.5 mg, Fat 17 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 17.6 g, SaturatedFat 9.2 g, Sodium 643.9 mg, Sugar 5.1 g
More about "sweet bell peppers pasta recipes"
EASY CREAMY CHICKEN PASTA WITH BELL PEPPERS - BAKING …
CREAMY MUSHROOM AND BELL PEPPER PASTA - TASTES LOVELY
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS PASTA - GIRL GONE GOURMET
SPICY ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS PASTA RECIPE
PASTA WITH PEPPERS, THE ITALIAN WAY - THE CLEVER MEAL
SWEET PEPPER, ONION, AND OLIVE PASTA - JENNIFERSKITCHEN
CREAMY RED PEPPER SHELL PASTA RECIPE - DAMN DELICIOUS
MINI SWEET ROASTED PEPPER BASIL PASTA - HEALTHY WORLD …
MY SWEET BELL PEPPER PASTA - MYITALIAN.RECIPES
Servings 2Category Pasta & Rice Main Dishes
SWEET BELL PEPPER PASTA | RED SUN FARMS
PASTA-STUFFED BELL PEPPERS | RICARDO
PASTA WITH BELL PEPPERS | BILLI'S KITCHEN
LINGUINE WITH SWEET PEPPER SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BALSAMIC SWEET PEPPER PASTA WITH SPINACH AND PARMESAN
SWEET PEPPER PASTA WITH SAUSAGE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
SWEET POTATO AND BELL PEPPER FRITTATA | RICARDO
SWEET BELL PEPPER PASTA | RED SUN FARMS
PASTA WITH BELL PEPPER SAUCE - ITALIAN RECIPES BY GIALLOZAFFERANO
SWEET BELL PEPPERS & PASTA RECIPE BY JENNIFER - COOKEATSHARE
MIXED PEPPER PASTA RECIPE - KAY CHUN | FOOD & WINE
CREAMY RED PEPPER PASTA - CREME DE LA CRUMB
SWEET PEPPER PASTA RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
PASTA WITH SAUSAGE AND SWEET PEPPERS RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
35+ SWEET PEPPER RECIPES | EATINGWELL
LINGUINI WITH SWEET BELL PEPPERS AND SERRANO CHILI
RECIPE: SWEET PEPPER CREAM PASTA STEP BY STEP WITH PICTURES
SAUSAGE PEPPERS PASTA + VIDEO! - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
PASTA WITH BELL PEPPERS - FOOD AND JOURNEYS
RECIPES > PASTA > HOW TO MAKE SWEET RED PEPPER SAUCE FOR PASTA
SWEET BELL PEPPER PASTA RECIPE - YOUTUBE
You'll also love