SWEET POTATO PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE
Delicious Sweet potato pumpkin pie is a marvelous pie filling combination for the holiday season. The flavors are so rich and deep. This recipe makes two easy to make 10 inch pies.
Provided by Diane
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Prepare the pumpkin and sweet potatoes ahead of time as necessary.
- Prepare two single crust unbaked pie shells. Either VERY full nine inch pies or 10 inch pies.
- Pre heat oven to 425 degrees
- Mix sugar and spices together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl with electric mixer.
- Add in sweet potato and pumpkin and sugar spice mixture, beating after each addition.
- Continue beating while gradually adding the evaporated milk.
- Pour into the pie shells.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until a knife or toothpick in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 385 calories, Carbohydrate 81 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 63 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 6 grams fat, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 5 grams protein, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1 slice, Sodium 155 milligrams sodium, Sugar 77 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams unsaturated fat
PUMPKIN-SWEET POTATO PIE WITH SUGARED PECANS
This is not your typical pumpkin pie! With a smooth, creamy filling and pretty arrangement of nuts on top, it's an extra-special dessert. -Loretta Lawrence, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Add the eggs, cream, milk and rum; mix well. Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Pour pumpkin mixture into pastry., Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack., In a small bowl, combine the pecans, brown sugar and cream. Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until toasted, stirring once. Cool completely., Top pie with sugared pecans and whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 696 calories, Fat 46g fat (16g saturated fat), Cholesterol 151mg cholesterol, Sodium 335mg sodium, Carbohydrate 65g carbohydrate (41g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
SWEET POTATO (OR PUMPKIN) PIE
You can use either sweet potato or pumpkin for this recipe. I always tell my children it's pumpkin and they love to eat it with whip cream on top. We usually make several of these during the holiday season starting with Thanksgiving. Pies will also freeze well if you would like to make several in advance.
Provided by Rhonda
Yield 2 pies
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Beat eggs lightly.
- Then beat in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into pie shells.
- Bake 15 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 45 minutes longer or until knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 766.4, Fat 21.1, SaturatedFat 11.3, Cholesterol 272.5, Sodium 949.4, Carbohydrate 124.8, Fiber 4.8, Sugar 80.9, Protein 22.8
CLASSIC SWEET POTATO PIE
This simple but special deep-dish pie provides a down-home finish to hearty autumn meals. Pecans and pumpkin pie spices make this a comforting seasonal classic. -Paul Azzone, Shoreham, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small bowl, combine pie crust mix and pecans. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Roll out to fit a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate or cast-iron skillet. Transfer crust to pie plate. Flute edges; set aside., In a food processor, combine the eggs, sweet potatoes, milk, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and salt; blend until smooth. Pour into crust. , Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped cream and toasted pecans if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 417 calories, Fat 17g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 96mg cholesterol, Sodium 436mg sodium, Carbohydrate 59g carbohydrate (42g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
MINI SWEET POTATO PUMPKIN PIES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the white of the separated egg in a small bowl and the yolk in a large bowl. Beat egg white and brush the edges of each pie crust with egg white. Add the second whole egg to the egg yolk; whisk together.
- Stir sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie filling, sugar, butter, milk, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract into the egg and yolk. Spoon mixture evenly into the pie crusts. Place pies on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until middle of each pie is set, about 15 minutes. Cool pies for 15 minutes.
- Place 1 tablespoon whipped cream atop each pie; gently press 1 walnut half into the whipped cream of each pie.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 518 calories, Carbohydrate 68.8 g, Cholesterol 106.6 mg, Fat 25.5 g, Fiber 5.2 g, Protein 5.4 g, SaturatedFat 12.1 g, Sodium 397.8 mg, Sugar 42.7 g
SWEET POTATO-PUMPKIN PIE
My family LOVES pumpkin and sweet potatoes a lot, especially around the holidays:). Once while making holiday pies, I mixed the pumpkin and sweet potatoes together. WAA LAA a new yummy pie.
Provided by Jill22 2
Yield 12-16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Mash sweet potatoes well.
- In a large bowl combine and mix well pumpkin, sweet potatoes, milk, eggs, spices, vanilla, sugars, and syrup.
- Mix until thick ,creamy and well combined.
- Pour into pie crusts.
- Place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 425°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Then lower temperature to 350°F and bake for 45 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven cool completely.
- Serve with Cool-Whip, ice cream, and/or whip cream.
More about "sweet potato or pumpkin pie recipes"
PUMPKIN SWEET POTATO PIE – JEANIE AND LULU'S KITCHEN
5/5 (3)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory DessertCalories 422 per serving
PUMPKIN AND SWEET POTATO PIE RECIPE - PUREWOW
5/5 (1)Total Time 3 hrs 20 minsServings 8-10Calories 390 per serving
BROWN SUGAR SWEET POTATO PIE RECIPE | THE NOVICE CHEF
INTERNET FAMOUS SWEET POTATO PIE - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
PUMPKIN AND SWEET POTATO PIE - MSN
MOM'S PUMPKIN PIE - MELISSASSOUTHERNSTYLEKITCHEN.COM
TWICE BAKED PUMPKIN PIE SWEET POTATOES | MCCORMICK
SWEET POTATO PIE RECIPES | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
SWEET POTATO PIE VS PUMPKIN PIE - LITTLE BOOBOO BAKERY
7 SWEET POTATO AND PUMPKIN RECIPES TO MAKE WITH YOUR …
SWEET POTATO PIE RECIPES SO GOOD YOU'LL FORGET ABOUT …
SWEET POTATO-PUMPKIN PIE WITH STRUESEL CRUNCH | BETTER HOMES
SWEET POTATO PIE RECIPE - HOMEMADE AND TASTE BETTER THAN …
SWEET POTATO VS PUMPKIN PIE: CAN YOU TELL THE DIFFERENCE?
SWEET POTATOES – A SUBSTITUTE FOR PUMPKIN? - BAKE MAG
SWEET POTATO PIE VS. PUMPKIN PIE: WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES?
PUMPKIN PIE SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE WITH COCONUT PECAN CRUMBLE
SWEET POTATO PIE RECIPE SOUTHERN LIVING
SWEET POTATO PUMPKIN PIE - THE KITCHEN IS MY PLAYGROUND
SOUTHERN SWEET POTATO PIE - THE COUNTRY COOK
SWEET POTATO PUMPKIN PIE - FEASTING ON FRUIT
SWEET POTATO PIE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
PUMPKIN, SWEET POTATO & COCONUT PIE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
PUMPKIN PIE SPICED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE - PREMEDITATED LEFTOVERS
PUMPKIN SWEET POTATO PIE RECIPE | VINTAGE MIXER
SHEET-PAN SWEET POTATO, PECAN AND PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE
25 BEST SWEET POTATO DESSERTS - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
PUMPKIN & SWEET POTATO FETA PIE - CHRISTINE'S RECIPES
BEST SWEET POTATO PIE RECIPE - SIMPLY STACIE
SILKY SWEET POTATO PIE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
THE REAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SWEET POTATO AND PUMPKIN PIE
SWEET POTATO PIE RECIPE - HOME. MADE. INTEREST.
SWEET POTATO PIE | VALERIE'S KITCHEN
PUMPKIN SWEET POTATO PIE RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
SWEET POTATO PUMPKIN PIE (LOW CARB, GLUTEN-FREE)
PUMPKIN SWEET POTATO PIE RECIPE | SIDECHEF
BOURBON SWEET POTATO PUMPKIN PIE - CARNALDISH
SWEET POTATO PUMPKIN PIE | BIRCH TREE BAKING
PUMPKIN SWEET POTATO PIE - RODELLE KITCHEN
SWEET POTATO AND PLANTAIN PIE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SOUTHERN-STYLE SWEET POTATO PIE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
You'll also love