MAPLE SYRUP CORN BREAD
Here's a good-old New England recipe. Flavored with a hint of maple syrup, the corn bread makes a perfect companion to spicy chili or stew. -Roger Hickum of Plymouth, New Hampshire
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, syrup and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. , Pour into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 161 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 26mg cholesterol, Sodium 307mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
MAPLE BANANA BREAD
This is a different banana bread, sweetened with maple syrup. It's my absolute favorite banana bread. I'm sure you will love it this version.
Provided by STARFLOWER
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter and maple syrup. Beat in the egg and bananas, leaving a few small chunks. Stir in the maple extract and milk. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and baking powder, and stir into the banana mixture just until moistened. Transfer to the prepared loaf pan. Mix the nuts and sugar, and sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- Bake 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 232.3 calories, Carbohydrate 32.9 g, Cholesterol 36.1 mg, Fat 10.1 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 3.5 g, SaturatedFat 5.2 g, Sodium 183.6 mg, Sugar 13.7 g
MAPLE WHITE BREAD
Slices of this white bread form the basis for tartine au sucre, an exquisitely simple rustic Québécois dessert.
Provided by Florence Fabricant
Categories breads, project, side dish
Yield 1 large loaf
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place milk, maple syrup, butter and salt in a saucepan and scald. Allow to cool to lukewarm.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water along with the sugar. Set aside for five minutes until the mixture becomes frothy. Transfer the milk mixture to a large bowl, stir in the yeast mixture and then stir in the egg.
- Stir in two cups of the flour. Then add more flour about one-half cup at a time until a ball of dough forms. Turn the dough out onto a floured board and knead for about eight minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic, adding more flour as necessary to keep the dough from sticking. Place dough in an oiled bowl, turn the dough to oil on all sides, cover lightly and set aside to rise until doubled, about an hour.
- Punch down dough, turn onto a lightly floured board and knead for another minute or so. Roll dough into a rectangle about nine by 12 inches, then roll tightly, jellyroll fashion, starting from the narrow side. Pinch the seam and ends closed. Fit the dough seam side down into a greased 9-by-5-by-3-inch baking pan.
- Cover and set in a warm place to rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place bread in the oven and bake about 45 minutes, until well browned. Remove from pan and allow to cool freely on a rack before slicing.
LOUISIANA SYRUP CAKE
A Creole cake, also known as gateau au sirop. Recommended to use Steen's pure cane syrup, made the traditional way in Abbeville, Louisiana since 1911. Recipe from Southern Cakes, Nancie McDermott. Cake:
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Make the cake: preheat oven to 350°; grease and flour a 9-inch square or round cake pan.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt; stir with a fork to mix well.
- In a big bowl, combine the vegetable oil, cane syrup, and egg; stir with a fork or whisk to combine well.
- Add about 1/3 or the flour mixture to the syrup mixture and then stir gently, just until the flour disappears.
- Add the baking soda to the hot water, and then stir about half the water into the batter.
- Stir another 1/3 of the flour mixture, then the remaining water, and finally the remaining flour, stirring gently each time just to mix everything well.
- Quickly pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake for 30-35 minutes, until the cake springs back when touched gently in the center, and is beginning to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Make the frosting: In a bowl, beat the butter until light and fluffy; add in half the powdered sugar, the vanilla, and salt; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Add the remaining powdered sugar and the cane syrup, and beat until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the bowl and mix well.
- To complete: if cake is round, cool the cake in the pan on a rack, for 10 minutes, turn it out of the pan, and place it, top side up, on a wire rack to cool completely; place cooled cake on a serving plate or cake stand, top side down, and spread the frosting over it generously, covering the top and sides.
- If it is square, spread the icing over the cooled cake right in the pan, and cut into squares to serve; serve warm, right from the pan.
SPICED MAPLE BANANA BREAD
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg in a bowl. Set aside.
- Mash bananas until mostly smooth but some chunks remain. Add eggs, oil, maple syrup, sugar, and vanilla extract; mix with a wooden spoon. Add flour mixture and walnuts. Mix just until flour is moistened. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven, rotating pan halfway through, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Invert bread onto the wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 346.2 calories, Carbohydrate 42.4 g, Cholesterol 37.2 mg, Fat 18.1 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 263 mg, Sugar 17.7 g
OLD FASHIONED SYRUP CAKE
- 1. GREASE AND LIGHTLY FLOUR A 9X9X2 INCH BAKING PAN. IN A BOWL STIR TOGETHER THE FLOUR,BAKING POWDER,AND SODA
- 2. IN A MIXING BOWL BEAT THE BUTTER WITH AN ELECTRIC MIXER ON MED. SPEED FOR 30.SECONDS.ADD THE SUGAR AND BEAT UNTIL FLUFFY, BEAT IN THE EGG AND CANE SYRUP.
- 3. ADD DRY INGREDIENTS AND MILK ALTERNATELY TO BEATEN MIXTURE, BEATING UNTIL COMBINED,SPREAD BATTER IN THR PREPARED PAN, BAKE IN A 350* OVEN ABOUT 25 MIN. OR TIL CAKE TESTS DONE. COOL IN THE PAN ON A WIRE RACK, SPRINKLE COOLED CAKE WITH POWDERED SUGAR OR FROSTING
- 1. Mix all ingredients together, then add flour, stir all ingredients until mixture is smooth, grease pan, pour ingredient into a loaf pan or your desire.
MAPLE SYRUP SPICE BREAD (BREAD MACHINE)
This is a Canadian or Northeast U.S. regional recipe as maple syrup is a major product for both. Baking time is however long your bread maker takes.
Provided by Annacia
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 1 loaf
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place all ingredients into your Bread Machine, according to the manufacturer's directions.
- You may add the raisins after the beep if your machine allows it, to keep them from being torn up by the dough paddle.
People also searched
More about "syrup bread recipes"
MAPLE PUMPKIN BREAD RECIPE - SPOONFUL OF FLAVOR
5/5 (4)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Bread, DessertCalories 359 per serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger until combined. Set aside.
- In large bowl of an electric mixer (or using a hand mixer), beat butter and sugar until just blended, about 30 seconds. Add egg and vanilla and beat well. Continue beating until very light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add pumpkin and mix until combined. The batter might look curdled at this point—that's okay.
HEALTHY BANANA BREAD RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
4.9/5 Calories 233 per servingCategory Quick Bread
- In a large bowl, beat the oil and honey together with a whisk. Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed bananas and milk. (If your coconut oil solidifies on contact with cold ingredients, simply let the bowl rest in a warm place for a few minutes, like on top of your stove, or warm it for about 10 seconds in the microwave.)
- Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon, and whisk to blend. Lastly, switch to a big spoon and stir in the flour, just until combined. Some lumps are ok! If you’re adding any additional mix-ins, gently fold them in now.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. If you’d like a pretty swirled effect, run the tip of a knife across the batter in a zig-zag pattern.
HEALTHY ZUCCHINI BREAD RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
4.7/5 (304)Calories 262 per servingCategory Baked Good
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 9” x 5” loaf pan to prevent the bread from sticking. If you’ll be toasting the nuts, line a small, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Toast the nuts: Once the oven has finished preheating, pour the chopped nuts onto your prepared baking sheet. Bake until the nuts are fragrant and toasted, about 5 minutes, stirring halfway.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut oil and honey. Beat them with a whisk until they are combined. Add the eggs and beat well. (If your coconut oil solidifies on contact with cold ingredients, simply let the bowl rest in a warm place for a few minutes, like on top of your stove, or warm it for about 20 seconds in the microwave.)
- Add the milk, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and nutmeg, and whisk to blend. Switch to a big spoon and stir in the zucchini (be sure to squeeze excess moisture out of the zucchini first). Add the flour and stir just until combined. Some lumps are ok! Gently fold in the toasted nuts now, if using.
HOW TO MAKE SIMPLE SYRUP RECIPES| BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
4.6/5 (22)Total Time 13 minsCategory Dessert
- In a small pot add *sugar, water, and vanilla. Dissolve sugar and then simmer for about 7-8 minutes on medium heat.
- In a small pot add *sugar, water, and mint. Dissolve sugar and then simmer for about 7-8 minutes on medium heat.
- In a small pot add *sugar, water, and cinnamon sticks. Dissolve sugar and then simmer for about 7-8 minutes on medium heat.
- In a small pot add *sugar, water, and orange zest. Dissolve sugar and then simmer for about 7-8 minutes on medium heat.
MAPLE SYRUP BREAD (EASY BREAKFAST RECIPE!) - HEAVENLY …
5/5 (2)Total Time 55 minsCategory Breakfast, Brunch, DessertCalories 187 per serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Grease and flour a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan or spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to a large bowl and stir with a wire whisk to combine. Set aside.
VERMONT MAPLE OATMEAL BREAD | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.6/5 (53)Total Time 2 hrs 45 minsServings 1Calories 130 per serving
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the water, oats, maple syrup or maple sugar, maple flavor, butter, salt, and cinnamon.
- Let cool to lukewarm; this will happen naturally as you stir., Weigh your flours; or measure by gently spooning it into a cup, then sweeping off any excess.
- Knead (about 10 minutes by hand, 7 minutes by machine, or on the dough cycle in the bread machine), enough to make a nicely springy dough., Transfer the dough to a lightly greased bowl or large (8-cup) measuring cup, cover the bowl or cup with plastic wrap, and allow the dough to rise for 60 to 90 minutes.
TRY THIS PURE MAPLE SYRUP QUICK BREAD RECIPE
3.8/5 (17)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCuisine AmericanCalories 327 per serving See details »
MAPLE SYRUP BREAD RECIPE | BREAD MACHINE RECIPES
See details »
MAPLE-STOUT QUICK BREAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (14)Total Time 58 minsServings 14Calories 190 per serving
- Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, stirring well with a whisk. Place butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine beer, sour cream, and 1/4 cup syrup, stirring well with a whisk. Beating at low speed, add flour mixture and beer mixture alternately to the butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat just until combined.
- Scrape batter into a 9 x 5-inch metal loaf pan coated with baking spray. Bake at 350° for 43 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- Place powdered sugar in a small bowl. Add remaining 1 tablespoon syrup; stir until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cooled bread; let stand until set, if desired.
SYRUP SWEET BREAD | NOT JUST SUNDAY DINNER
Reviews 2Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
GOLDEN SYRUP SPICED BANANA BREAD | THE COOK UP | RAE ...
4/5 (100)Servings 1Cuisine AustralianCategory Dessert See details »
HOMEMADE VEGAN CANDY CORN RECIPE (NO CORN SYRUP!) | THE ...
See details »
GRILLED PORK TENDERLOIN RECIPE MAPLE SYRUP - KETO TORTILLA ...
See details »
MAPLE SYRUP BREAD RECIPE | BREAD MACHINE RECIPES | RECIPE ...
See details »
OLD FASHIONED SYRUP BREAD - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
See details »
HOW TO COOK RUM BABA SYRUP BREADS - RECIPE - THIS NUTRITION
See details »
SYRUP BREAD - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
See details »
10 BEST BARLEY MALT SYRUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
You'll also love