TARRAGON LOBSTER SALAD
- Plunge 2 live lobsters headfirst into an 8-quart pot of boiling salted water. Loosely cover pot and cook lobsters over moderately high heat 9 minutes from time they enter water, then transfer with tongs to sink to cool.
- Return water to a boil and cook remaining 2 lobsters in same manner.
- While lobsters are cooking, combine shallot, lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- When lobsters are cool, remove meat from claws, joints, and tails. Discard tomalley, any roe, and shells (or save for another use). Cut meat into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Whisk mayonnaise, tarragon, and 1/4teaspoon black pepper into shallot mixture. Add lobster meat and toss gently to coat.
GRILLED LOBSTER SALAD WITH ORANGE TARRAGON DRESSING
An elegant summer salad for ladies who lunch. Serves 4 as a main course or 8 as an appetizer course.
Provided by Chef Regina V. Smith
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Prepare dressing by whisking tarragon, juice and zest of 2 oranges, Dijon mustard and oil together in a medium bowl. Season dressing to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of the dressing to use as a marinade for the lobster tails.
- Spoon some of the marinade onto the lobster meet through the spilt in the shells.
- Prepare grill for medium high heat. Place lobster on the grill split side up.
- Grill lobster tails for 8 minutes per side or until meat is opaque and can be easily pulled from the shells.
- On 4 serving plates place lettuce leaves as a bed for the salad.
- Remove the lobster meat from the shell and cut each tail in half lengthwise.
- Top lettuce leaves with lobster meat, avocado, tomato, bell pepper, onion and segments of the two remaining oranges.
- Drizzle each serving with dressing; pass additional dressing on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 445.6, Fat 23.8, SaturatedFat 3.3, Cholesterol 79.3, Sodium 300.5, Carbohydrate 33.9, Fiber 8.9, Sugar 13.9, Protein 28.5
TARRAGON LOBSTER SALAD
From Gourmet magazine, July, 2001 by Melissa Roberts-Matar. "This lobster salad is wonderful on its own-but piled onto a hot dog bun it becomes a perfect lobster roll. The lobsters may be cooked and shelled 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. The salad can also be made a day ahead of serving. Keep covered and chilled.
Provided by Oolala
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Plunge 2 live lobsters headfirst into an 8 quart pot of boiling salted water.
- Loosely cover pot and cook over moderately high heat for 9 minutes from the time they entered the water, then transfer with tongs to sink to cool.
- Return water to a boil and repeat with the next 2 lobsters.
- While the lobsters are cooking, combine shallot, lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoons salt in in a large bowl and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- When lobsters are cool, remove meat from lobster, discard tomalley, roe (if any) and shells.
- Cut meat into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Whisk mayonnaise, tarragon, and 1/4 teaspoons black pepper into shallot mixture.
- Add lobster meat to the mayo blend and toss gently to coat.
- If serving on hot dog buns, butter and grill or toast the buns if desired.
- Enjoy this simple and delicious rite of summer!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 703.1, Fat 12.8, SaturatedFat 2.2, Cholesterol 652, Sodium 2447.8, Carbohydrate 11.2, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 1.5, Protein 128.9
Provided by Geoffrey Zakarian
Yield 4 appetizers or 2 mains
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Make the poaching liquid: Freeze the lobsters for 20 minutes. (This sedates them and makes them more manageable.) Meanwhile, combine 1 gallon water, the bay leaves, thyme, red pepper flakes, paprika, parsley and peppercorns in a large pot. Halve the 4 lemons; squeeze the juice into the pot and then add the halves. Season the liquid with salt until it tastes as salty as the ocean. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Kill the lobsters: This is the most humane method: Position the point of a knife on the middle of the back of the head; push the point straight down through the shell and lower the knife through the head. (The lobster may continue to move for a few minutes.)
- Poach the tails and claws: Hold each lobster over the pot of simmering liquid and twist the tail away from the body.
- Put the tails in the pot and cook 3 minutes, then twist off the large claws (with the knuckles attached), add to the pot and cook 7 more minutes.
- Transfer the lobster tails and claws to a bowl with tongs; let cool to room temperature.
- Make the aioli: Put the egg yolks, garlic, mustard, vinegar, hot sauce and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt in a food processor; pulse to combine. With the motor running, add the canola oil in a slow, steady stream and process until thick and creamy. Scrape into a bowl and set aside.
- Shell the lobsters: Stand each claw on one of its narrow edges and whack the top with a knife. Wiggle the knife until a crack runs through the claw.
- Repeat on the opposite edge, if necessary, to make the crack bisect the shell. Pull the claw apart and remove the meat.
- Insert the handle of a spoon into each knuckle and twist to pull out the meat.
- Lay each tail on its side. Put the palm of your hand on top, then press that hand with the heel of your other hand until the shell cracks.
- Hold the tail with the underside facing up. With your thumbs, grab the edges of the bottom of the shell.
- Bend back the edges of the shell to crack open the underside and remove the tail meat.
- Chop the lobster meat: Pull the flat piece of cartilage from the middle of each piece of claw meat and discard. Halve each tail lengthwise and clean out any visible vein or roe. Cut the claw, knuckle and tail meat into bite-size pieces.
- Make the salad: Combine the lobster meat, celery, about 1/4 cup aioli, the tarragon and chives in a bowl; toss. (Cover and refrigerate the rest of the aioli for up to 4 days.) Scoop the lobster salad onto butter lettuce leaves and sprinkle with more chives. Serve at room temperature with the lemon wedges.
LOBSTER & POTATO SALAD
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water by 1 inch. Add 1 tablespoon salt and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 15 to 25 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes, until just tender. (I use a small bamboo skewer to test them.) Drain in a colander, cover the colander with a clean kitchen towel, and allow the potatoes to steam for 5 to 10 minutes. Cut them in quarters or halves, depending on their size, and place them in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, garlic, egg yolk, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. While whisking, slowly pour in the olive oil, making an emulsion. Stir in the wine and capers. While the potatoes are still very warm, pour half the vinaigrette on the potatoes and toss them gently, allowing them to soak up the vinaigrette. Stir in the scallions, celery, red onion and lobster and add enough vinaigrette to moisten. Reserve any remaining vinaigrette. Add the zest and juice of the lemon, the tarragon, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper and toss carefully. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the flavors to blend. Taste for seasonings and add more vinaigrette, if necessary. Serve at room temperature.
WARM BUTTER-POACHED LOBSTER SALAD WITH TARRAGON-CITRUS DRESSING
Meat from a single lobster, decadently poached in tarragon-citrus butter, then tossed in a vibrant tangelo dressing with tarragon leaves and citrus fruit, and then arranged over Bibb lettuce, is rich enough to share.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add 2 tablespoons salt and the vinegar. Plunge lobster head-first into water; cook 3 minutes (meat will not be fully cooked). Transfer lobster to a cutting board.
- Using a kitchen towel to protect your hands, twist off tail and claws; discard body. Twist fan off end of tail, and push meat out of shell. Alternatively, use kitchen shears to cut up length of tail, and pull shell away from meat. Cut tail meat in half lengthwise, and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels; set aside. Separate claws from knuckles; twist and pull off pincers, being careful to keep meat intact. With back of knife, crack knuckle end of claw to loosen shell. Gently remove whole piece of meat; set aside with tail. Using your finger or the handle of a spoon, push knuckle meat out of shell. Wipe any white residue off meat. Meat can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 2 hours ahead; bring to room temperature before poaching.
- Remove peel and pith from tangelo using a sharp knife. Working over a bowl, carve out flesh between membranes, allowing segments to drop into bowl. Squeeze juice from membranes into bowl. Transfer juice in bowl to a separate bowl; reserve juice for dressing.
- Put 1/3 cup juice into a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and whisk in butter, 1 piece at a time, until smooth. Add a pinch of salt and the tarragon sprig. Submerge lobster meat in the butter sauce. Poach until opaque and cooked through, 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.
- Whisk 3 tablespoons warm poaching liquid into 2 tablespoons reserved juice in bowl; whisk in pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add lobster to dressing; toss gently to coat. Just before serving, add tangelo segments and tarragon leaves; toss gently to combine. Season with salt.
- Arrange 2 lettuce leaves on each serving plate. Place lobster and tangelo segments on top. Spoon dressing over top.
LOBSTER, CORN, AND POTATO SALAD WITH TARRAGON
- Prepare lobster, potatoes, and corn:
- Plunge 2 live lobsters headfirst into an 8-quart pot of boiling salted water. Cover and cook lobsters over moderately high heat 9 minutes from time they enter water, then transfer with tongs to sink to cool. Return water to a boil and cook remaining 2 lobsters in same manner. Leave water boiling in pot.
- Simmer potatoes in lobster cooking water until just tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a colander, reserving boiling water in pot.
- Boil corn in same water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes, then drain.
- When lobsters are cool, remove meat from claws, joints, and tails, reserving shells for another use.
- Cut meat into 1-inch pieces. Cut potatoes into 3/4-inch pieces, and cut corn from cobs.
- Make vinaigrette:
- Whisk together lemon juice, tarragon, mustard, and salt until combined, then add oil in a thin stream, whisking.
- Assemble salad:
- Just before serving, toss together lobster meat, potatoes, corn, vinaigrette, tomatoes, frisée, and scallion in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
LOBSTER CLUB SANDWICHES WITH TARRAGON MAYONNAISE
- To make the mayonnaise, place the egg, mustard, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce in a blender and process to combine. With the machine running, add the oil in a slow steady stream, blending until mixture is emulsified. Add the tarragon and salt and blend until combined. (Mayonnaise can be made a few hours ahead, covered and refrigerated.)
- Spread mayonnaise over the bottom of each roll. Top with a piece of lettuce, then the lobster meat and bacon. Cover with the roll tops and serve.
LOBSTER SALAD WITH GREENS AND CITRUS VINAIGRETTE
- Prepare an ice-water bath. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Plunge lobsters into water headfirst, and simmer, covered, for 11 minutes. (Do not let water boil.) Transfer lobsters to ice-water bath using tongs. Let stand for 10 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk together oil, zests and juices, mustard, shallot, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Crack lobster claws, knuckles, and tails, and remove meat. Slice tail meat 1/2 inch thick, and leave claws and knuckles whole.
- Combine lobster, greens, tomato, and tarragon. Drizzle with dressing, and toss to coat. Garnish with tarragon. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 202 g, Cholesterol 82 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 25 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 625 g
BAKED LOBSTERS WITH TARRAGON-CREAM SAUCE
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Remove and discard the rubber or wood claw holders from lobsters.
- Bring the water to a vigorous boil in a large kettle and drop the lobsters into it. When the water returns to the boil cook the lobsters for exactly 2 minutes and drain. Arrange the lobsters shell side up in one layer in a baking pan. Place in the oven and bake exactly 12 minutes.
- Break off the lobsters' claws. Crack the claws in several places. Place the lobster carcasses shell side down on a flat surface and crack each lengthwise to cut them in half. Pull away and discard the tough sac at the beak end of each lobster. Scoop out the soft mass (the tomalley, coral, liver and so on) from the inside of each lobster. Spoon and scrape this into a saucepan. Save any juices and add these to the saucepan.
- Add the shallots to the saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring.
- Arrange the lobster halves shell side down in one layer on a baking pan. Pull and discard the upper half of each claw shell. Add the remaining claws to the baking pan.
- Add the cream to the mixture in the saucepan. Add salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Add the lemon juice. Cook about 2 minutes.
- Line a saucepan with a sieve and pour the mixture into the sieve. Rub with a rubber spatula to extract as much liquid as possible. There should be about 1 cup. Discard the solids.
- Put the sauce on the stove and bring to the simmer. Swirl in the butter and tarragon.
- Spoon the sauce over the cut portions of each lobster and serve.
GRILLED LOBSTER WITH TARRAGON BUTTER SAUCE
This is my favorite recipe of all time. Incredible!
Provided by Psalm Caird Wyckoff
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Cut lobster tails lengthwise with poultry shears. Cut open claws to allow sauce to reach the meat.
- Combine butter, lemon juice, onion, parsley, garlic, tarragon, and hot sauce in a bowl. Slather meat with sauce and place face-down on the preheated grill.
- Cook until lobster begins to char, 5 to 6 minutes. Flip and continue to grill until meat is opaque and firm, 5 to 6 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 625.2 calories, Carbohydrate 7.3 g, Cholesterol 413.4 mg, Fat 14.7 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 109.2 g, SaturatedFat 7.9 g, Sodium 2109.4 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
More about "tarragon lobster salad recipes"
TARRAGON LOBSTER SALAD – HAYLIE POMROY
LOBSTER SALAD WITH TARRAGON VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Bring 4 quarts water and salt to a boil in a large Dutch oven. Plunge lobsters, head first, into boiling water; return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes; drain and cool.
- Break off large claws and legs. Crack claw and leg shells using a seafood or nut cracker; remove meat and set aside.
- Cut shell of tail segments lengthwise on the underside. Pry open the tail segments; remove meat, and cut into1/2-inch slices. Chill lobster meat.
LOBSTER GRAM GOURMET RECIPES: TARRAGON LOBSTER SALAD
10 BEST HEALTHY LOBSTER SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
LOBSTER SALAD RECIPE | BIG Y
LEMON-TARRAGON POTATO SALAD | SOUTHERN LIVING
POACHED LOBSTER SALAD WITH PEACHES, SHAVED FENNEL & WHITE CORN
LOBSTER POTATO SALAD WITH TARRAGON MAYONNAISE RECIPE - YOUTUBE
BOILED LOBSTER SALAD WITH CREAMY TARRAGON DRESSING
TARRAGON LOBSTER SALAD WITH CORN AND TOMATOES - FRAMED COOKS
LOBSTER & CORN SALAD WITH TARRAGON VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
CLASSIC LOBSTER SALAD RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
LOBSTER SALAD WITH TARRAGON - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
LOBSTER PASTA SALAD WITH LEMON TARRAGON DRESSING | RECIPE
SALAD WITH CREAMY TARRAGON DRESSING - RICARDO
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
10 BEST LOBSTER PASTA SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
40 RECIPES TO MAKE WITH TARRAGON | TASTE OF HOME
CHILLED LOBSTER SALAD WITH TARRAGON VINAIGRETTE AND …
LOBSTER SALAD ROLLS WITH TARRAGON AND LEMON - COOKING FOR KEEPS
LOBSTER PASTA SALAD WITH LEMON TARRAGON DRESSING
LOBSTER SALAD WITH BIBB LETTUCE, APPLE, AND TARRAGON DRESSING
SPRINGTIME LOBSTER NIçOISE SALAD WITH TARRAGON - SIMPLE BITES
EASY LOBSTER TARRAGON PASTA RECIPE - MAGIC SKILLET
TARRAGON RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CREAMY TARRAGON SALAD DRESSING RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
LEMON TARRAGON LOBSTER SALAD RECIPE | NESTLé PROFESSIONAL
LOBSTER SALAD - CHOWHOUND
MAINE LOBSTER SALAD WITH SPRING PEAS, RADISH AND TARRAGON …
THE SILVER PALATE COOKBOOK'S TARRAGON CHICKEN SALAD - KITCHN
LOBSTER AND AVOCADO RECIPE - SPICY LOBSTER SALAD WITH …
LEMON TARRAGON POTATO SALAD - DELICIOUS LITTLE BITES
MAINE LOBSTER SALAD WITH AVOCADO, GRAPEFRUIT, AND TARRAGON …
TARRAGON LOBSTER TAILS | METRO
TRADITIONAL LOBSTER SALAD - THE SPLENDID TABLE
LEMON TARRAGON PASTA SALAD - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
EGG AND LOBSTER SALAD WITH HOMEMADE TARRAGON …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make lobster salad with vinaigrette?Make vinaigrette: Whisk together lemon juice, tarragon, mustard, and salt until combined, then add oil in a thin stream, whisking. Assemble salad: Just before serving, toss together lobster meat, potatoes, corn, vinaigrette, tomatoes, frisée, and scallion in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
What do you serve with lobster salad?This lobster salad recipe is easy to make and can be served a variety of ways. It is made with lobster meat, carrots and cucumber but we added a little fresh tarragon and a little heat to really compliment the lobster flavor. We like to serve this spicy lobster salad with tarragon on split tomato or avocado and salad greens.
How far in advance can you make lobster salad?Discard tomalley, any roe, and shells (or save for another use). Cut meat into 1/2-inch pieces. Whisk mayonnaise, tarragon, and 1/4teaspoon black pepper into shallot mixture. Add lobster meat and toss gently to coat. • Lobsters may be cooked and shelled 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. • Lobster salad may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
How do you cook lobster tails in mayonnaise?Remove lobster meat from container, drain, pat dry and cut into 1/2″ pieces. Whisk tablespoon of lemon juice, teaspoon of tarragon, 1/8 teaspoon celery seed and Green Tabasco sauce into mayonnaise. Add cucumber and carrot, gently fold in lobster meat until fully coated. Chill well and serve.