TERIYAKI BEEF KABOBS
- Whisk brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, and ground ginger together in a bowl; pour into a gallon-sized sealable plastic bag. Add beef, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, flipping the bag several times as the meat marinates.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove beef from the marinade. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Thread beef, pineapple, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper onto skewers.
- Cook the skewers on the preheated grill, turning frequently until nicely browned on all sides, and the meat is no longer pink in the center, 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 276.6 calories, Carbohydrate 19.7 g, Cholesterol 60.3 mg, Fat 12.9 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 20.2 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, Sodium 725.2 mg, Sugar 16.5 g
TERIYAKI STEAK SKEWERS
When these flavorful skewered steaks are sizzling on the grill, the aroma makes everyone around stop what they're doing and come see what's cooking. The tasty marinade is easy to make, and these little steaks are quick to cook and fun to eat. -Jeri Dobrowski, Beach, North Dakota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, mix first eight ingredients; toss with beef. Refrigerate, covered, 2-3 hours., Thread beef strips, weaving back and forth, onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers; discard marinade. Grill beef, uncovered, over medium heat until desired doneness, 6-9 minutes, turning occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 222 calories, Fat 7g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 61mg cholesterol, Sodium 452mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ZINGY TERIYAKI BEEF SKEWERS
If you're looking for a light and healthy dinner then these kebabs are just the ticket - rich in folate, fibre, iron and vitamin C, plus 3 of your 5-a-day
Provided by Justine Pattison
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Put the tamari, orange juice, ginger, garlic, honey and chilli flakes in a small saucepan with 100ml cold water and bring to the boil. Cook for 3-5 mins, boiling hard until well reduced, glossy and slightly syrupy. Remove from the heat, pour into a shallow dish and leave to cool.
- Thread the beef onto 4 soaked wooden or metal skewers. Place in the marinade, turn and brush until well coated. Cover with cling film and marinate for 30 mins.
- While the beef is marinating, prepare the salad. Half-fill a medium pan with water and bring to the boil. Cook the rice for about 20 mins or following pack instructions until tender. Rinse in a sieve under running water until cold, then drain well. Tip into a large bowl.
- Add the cucumber, carrots, spring onions, radishes, coriander, mint, oil, lime zest and juice, and toss well together well. Season with a little black pepper. Divide between two plates and top with a sprinkling of nuts and extra herbs to garnish.
- Heat the grill to high. (You could also cook the skewers on a non-stick griddle pan.) Put the skewers on a rack above a foil-lined baking tray, reserving any excess marinade. Grill the skewers close to the heat for 3-5 mins each side or until done to your liking. Brush with more marinade when they are turned. They should look sticky and glossy when cooked. Serve hot or cold with the rice salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 563 calories, Fat 22 grams fat, SaturatedFat 6 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 46 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 16 grams sugar, Fiber 9 grams fiber, Protein 39 grams protein, Sodium 1.4 milligram of sodium
TERIYAKI STEAK SKEWERS
Marinate these steak skewers in steak sauce, soy sauce, garlic and ginger. These Teriyaki Steak Skewers are threaded with pineapples and red peppers.
Provided by My Food and Family
Categories Japanese Recipes
Yield Makes 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mix first 5 ingredients. Place meat in glass bowl. Add 1/4 cup steak sauce mixture; stir to evenly coat meat. Refrigerate 1 hour to marinate, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate remaining steak sauce mixture.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Drain meat; discard marinade. Alternately thread meat, pineapple and peppers on 8 skewers.
- Grill 4 to 6 min. or until meat is done, turning and brushing occasionally with remaining steak sauce mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340, Fat 12 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, TransFat 0.5 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Sodium 1080 mg, Carbohydrate 33 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 25 g, Protein 23 g
SWEET TERIYAKI BEEF SKEWERS
A grilled and easy way to prepare a delightful beef appetizer or main meat dish! Kids love the tenderness and sweetness, as do the adults.
Provided by sheilago7
Categories 100+ Everyday Cooking Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Whisk brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, water, vegetable oil, and garlic together in a large bowl; drop beef slices into the mixture and stir to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap.
- Marinate beef in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Remove beef from the marinade, shaking to remove any excess liquid. Discard marinade.
- Thread beef slices in a zig-zag onto the skewers.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Cook skewers on preheated grill until the beef is cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 192.8 calories, Carbohydrate 15.2 g, Cholesterol 40.3 mg, Fat 7.4 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 15.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.3 g, Sodium 625.6 mg, Sugar 14 g
TERIYAKI STEAK SKEWERS WITH ASIAN-STYLE GREENS
- Create your marinade by mixing the soy, mirin and honey with half of the ginger and pour it over the steak, leaving to marinate for about an hour.
- Mix the bok choy, kale, spring onion and cucumber and toss with the sherry vinegar, the olive oil, the remaining ginger and the soy sauce and assemble in a serving bowl.
- Using small skewers, thread about four steak pieces on to each skewer and then sear in a hot frying pan for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Once all the steak has been cooked, serve with the salad. Finish with a sprinkling of chile, if using.
TERIYAKI BEEF SKEWERS
- Heat grill.
- Cut steaks into 1 inch wide strips.
- Place strips in shallow dish or resealable plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, combine all remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Pour over strips; toss to coat well.
- Cover dish or seal bag; let stand at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes to marinate.
- When ready to grill, remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade.
- Thread steak strips onto 4 10 to 12 inch oiled metal skewers.
- Place on grill and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until desired doneness, turning once.
My brother-in-law, Stanley, gave me this recipe more than 30 years ago. He was an officer in the Army, and his fellow officers considered this flavorful steak a high-demand dish. -Dan Mayer, Olney, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place steak in a shallow dish. In a small bowl, whisk 1/2 cup soy sauce, vinegar, honey, ginger and garlic. Pour half of the marinade over steak; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade. , Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing., Meanwhile, transfer reserved marinade to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Set aside., In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Pour eggs into skillet. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are completely cooked, remove to plate. Chop eggs into small pieces; set aside., In the same skillet, stir-fry rice in remaining butter over medium-high heat. Stir in the peas, onions and remaining soy sauce., Add eggs; cook and stir until heated through. Thinly slice steak across the grain; serve over rice. Drizzle with sauce mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 408 calories, Fat 15g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 170mg cholesterol, Sodium 1572mg sodium, Carbohydrate 37g carbohydrate (14g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 31g protein.
This a recipe that I cut out of a magazine, I think TOH, but not sure. It has ingredients that I have on hand all the time and I love teriyaki flavored meats. This would be great served with rice or a potato dish and salad. Time to make doesn't include marinade time.
Provided by diner524
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, oil, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and salt; mix well. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add beef and turn to coat. Seal; refrigerate for 4-8 hours, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain meat, discarding marinade. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternate meat, mushrooms, green pepper, onion and tomatoes.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Baste with reserved marinade. Continue turning and basting for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 238.2, Fat 9.4, SaturatedFat 2.4, Cholesterol 68, Sodium 962.5, Carbohydrate 9.6, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 5.8, Protein 28.7
More about "teriyaki steak skewers recipes"
TERIYAKI BEEF SKEWERS | THE RECIPE CRITIC
5/5 (4)Total Time 50 minsServings 6Calories 286 per serving
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together soy sauce, ¾ cup water, honey, rice vinegar, mirin rice wine, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic.
TERIYAKI STEAK SKEWERS RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
Servings 4Total Time 2 hrs
TERIYAKI STEAK SKEWERS - BEEF
Cuisine Asian/IndianCategory EntréeServings 4Total Time 35 mins
- Combine marinade ingredients in medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate 1/4 cup marinade. Cut beef steak crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips. Add beef to remaining marinade in bowl; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 15 minutes to 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Soak twelve 6-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain. Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Thread beef, weaving back and forth, onto each skewer.
- Place skewers on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 5 to 7 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 6 to 8 minutes), turning occasionally and brushing with reserved 1/4 cup marinade.
TERIYAKI STEAK SKEWERS - LORD BYRON'S KITCHEN
3.5/5 (4)Total Time 42 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 280 per serving
- Pour the sauce into a shallow bowl or pan and marinate the steak skewers for 30 minutes. Save the leftover sauce!
- In the meantime, transfer the marinade to a sauce pan and bring to a low simmer. Use the marinade as a dipping sauce with the grilled steak.
BEEF TERIYAKI SKEWERS - JO COOKS
4.6/5 (17)Total Time 25 minsCategory Appetizer, LunchCalories 274 per serving
- Cut the flank steak across the grain into 1/4 inch thick slices. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until using.
- In the meantime, combine all the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and whisk. Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil while whisking. It should thicken. Remove from heat.
- Thread the beef onto the skewers. about 2 pieces per skewer. Place the beef skewers on the grill over medium-high heat (350 F to 400 F) and brush generously with the prepared teriyaki sauce on both sides. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side, might be more or less depending on how thick you cut your beef.
GRILLED TERIYAKI STEAK SKEWERS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 33 minsServings 4Calories 201 per serving
- Combine teriyaki sauce, garlic and pepper in a large ziplock bag. Add steak, seal and turn several times to coat with marinade. Let stand 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat grill to high. Thread meat onto thin metal skewers; oil grates. Grill steak, turning once, until cooked to desired doneness (1 to 2 minutes per side for medium-rare). Transfer skewers to a serving platter, sprinkle with scallions and sesame seeds and serve.
EASY TERIYAKI BEEF SKEWERS (VIDEO) - TATYANAS EVERYDAY FOOD
Reviews 2Calories 347 per servingCategory Dinner, Lunch
- Prepare the teriyaki marinade first. Combine in a large bowl the soy sauce, water, oil, sugar, vinegar and spices. Whisk and set aside.
- Use a sharp knife to prepare the steak: trim any silverskin and fatty parts. Slice the steak into long, 1-inch wide strips. Place the sliced steak into the prepared marinade, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. For best results, refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, or overnight. Turn the beef every couple of hours.
- While the beef is marinating, pre-soak the bamboo skewers in water to prevent the wood from burning. Preheat an outdoor grill to 475F; or stove-top grill to medium-high. Skewer each strip of beef, one to two pieces per skewer. Grill the beef for 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- While beef is grilling, finish preparing the teriyaki sauce. Pour the marinade into a small saucepan and bring up to a simmer over medium heat; simmer for 5 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water, then add the slurry to the sauce. Whisk and cook the sauce for 1 minute, until the sauce is thickened. Use a pastry brush to add more sauce to the beef skewers.
SIRI DALY'S BBQ TERIYAKI BEEF SKEWERS RECIPE
3.5/5 (105)Total Time 25 minsCategory Appetizers,Entrées
- 1. Combine all ingredients (except beef) in a small saucepan and whisk together over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil and then let simmer until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and let cool.
- 2. Place beef and sauce in a large plastic bag or baking dish and marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
GRILLED BEEF TERIYAKI SKEWERS RECIPE :: THE MEATWAVE
Cuisine AsianTotal Time 2 hrs 20 minsServings 4-6
- Combine sake, mirin, shoyu, 1 cup pineapple juice, sugar, garlic, carrot, and scallion greens in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, whisk to combine, and cook until the mixture is syrupy and reduced to 1 1/2 cups, about 1 hour. Strain through a fine mesh strainer and allow to cool slightly.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup pineapple juice with 1/2 cup reduced sauce and pour into a gallon-sized zipper-lock bag. Add sliced beef to bag and turn to coat. Allow to marinate for at least 1 hour and up to 4.
- Light one chimney full of charcoal. When all the charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and spread the coals evenly over entire surface of coal grate. Set cooking grate in place, cover grill and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. Clean and oil the grilling grate. Place skewers on grill and cook without moving until charred, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until second side is well charred, about 2 minutes longer. Brush with sauce, and allow them to cook for 15 seconds longer. Transfer to a plate, brush with more sauce, and serve, passing extra sauce at the table.
TERIYAKI BEEF SKEWERS RECIPE | LAURA IN THE KITCHEN ...
- In a bowl, whisk everything together for the marinade, then toss the beef in it to make sure each piece is coated in it and set aside.
- In whichever configuration you like, skewer the veggies, pineapple and beef on a bamboo skewer (if you’re grilling these on your outdoor grill, make sure to soak your skewers for a few hours in some water) watch the video to see how I like to skewer mine.
TERIYAKI BEEF CUBE STEAK SKEWERS OR CHICKEN ON A STICK ...
5/5 (5)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory EntreeCalories 374 per serving
- Combine brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, vegetable oil, ginger, and garlic together in a large bowl. Stir in onions.
TERIYAKI BOURBON STEAK SKEWERS - OVER THE FIRE COOKING
Cuisine AmericanCategory Main CourseServings 2Total Time 25 mins
- In a bowl or bag, add your steak. Mix together the teriyaki bourbon marinade and pour over top of the steak. Cover and let marinate in the fridge for 30-45 minutes. When done, pull steak out and place on skewers. Season up with the Mesquite Peppercorn Lager seasoning or any beef style seasoning. Set in the fridge until ready to use.
- Preheat your fire using the direct cooking method (ideally with the skewers leaning over the fire and not on a grill grate). Set to a high temperature of 400F.
- Place your skewers over the fire and cook for about 3 minutes per side until they reach 120F internal for medium-rare. Once done, pull off and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Garnish the top of your skewers with sesame seeds, scallions and yum yum sauce. Slice, serve and enjoy!
TERIYAKI CHICKEN AND BEEF SKEWERS RECIPE — THE MOM 100
5/5 (1)Category Appetizer, Main CourseCuisine JapaneseTotal Time 30 mins
- Place the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, oil, mirin, if using, brown sugar, and cornstarch in a small bowl or in a small container with a lid and stir well or shake to combine.
- Pour the teriyaki marinade into a 1-quart heavy-duty zipper-top plastic bag or a larger plastic container with a lid. Add the chicken or steak and mix to coat well. Seal the bag or container and let the chicken or steak marinate in the refrigerator for 8 to 24 hours (the longer it marinates, the more pronounced the teriyaki flavor will be). You’ll want to flip the baggie or toss the meat in the container a couple of times during the marinating process so that it marinates evenly.
- If you are using wooden skewers, at least 30 minutes before cooking soak them in water to cover in order to prevent them from burning. Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet or spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
RECIPE OF THE DAY: TERIYAKI BEEF AND ASPARAGUS SKEWERS
Author Carolyn Menyes
TERIYAKI STEAK KABOBS RECIPE - FOOD FANATIC
5/5 (1)Total Time 32 minsCategory DinnersCalories 293 per serving
RECIPE: TERIYAKI STEAK SKEWERS - BC | GLOBALNEWS.CA
TERIYAKI STEAK RECIPE : GET RECIPE VIDEOS - ORANGE MEMBRANE
MAIN DISHES RECIPE: GRILLED TERIYAKI SIRLOIN STEAK KABOBS ...
HAWAIIAN TERIYAKI BEEF SKEWERS RECIPE | HAWAII TRAVEL WITH ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make teriyaki beef skewers recipe?Teriyaki Beef Skewers recipe is a simple to make teriyaki marinade and can use any cut of steak including cube steak or for chicken on a stick. Combine brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, vegetable oil, ginger, and garlic together in a large bowl. Stir in onions. Place beef slices into the marinade and stir to coat.
How to cook steak kebabs with teriyaki sauce?Prep the steak: Cut the flank steak across the grain into 1/4 inch thick slices. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until using. Prep your skewers: Place the skewers in enough water to cover them and let them soak for about 10 minutes. Make the teriyaki sauce: In the meantime, combine all the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and whisk.
How to cook Steak Skewers on a charcoal grill?Place the beef skewers on the grill over medium-high heat (350 F to 400 F) and brush generously with the prepared teriyaki sauce on both sides. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side, might be more or less depending on how thick you cut your beef. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and parsley, if desired. Having Trouble Slicing Steak?
How do you marinate beef skewers before grilling?In a resealable plastic bag and cubed beef and ½ cup of the reserved teriyaki sauce mixture. Marinate the beef for at least 30 minutes or overnight in a refrigerator. If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before cooking.