VEGETARIAN TORTILLA CASSEROLE RECIPE (MEXICAN LASAGNA)
Quick, easy, healthy and delicious vegetarian casserole. Great for weeknight dinner.
Provided by Lisa
Categories Quick and easy weeknight dinner
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine beans, tomatoes, chilies, corn, scallions, chili powder, cumin, oregano and salt in a large bowl.
- Lightly oil a 2-3 quart casserole dish. Line the bottom with 6 tortillas, allowing them to overlap in the middle. trim the round edges so they fit squarely against the edge of the casserole. Scoop on half the bean mixture. Sprinkle half the cheese on top. Add another layer of tortillas; the rest of the bean mixture. The rest of the cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until the casserole is heated through and the cheese is bubbling.
- Cut into squares and serve with your favorite salsa and sour cream or yogurt to spoon on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 408 calories, Sugar 5.7 g, Sodium 900 mg, Fat 17.4 g, SaturatedFat 8.9 g, TransFat 0.4 g, Carbohydrate 47.3 g, Fiber 9.7 g, Protein 19.4 g, Cholesterol 44.3 mg
CHICKEN TORTILLA CASSEROLE: A TEX MEX SPECIALITY
Provided by Claudia Gomez
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Spray your casserole dish liberally with baking spray.
- Heat up your olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Put the sliced vegetables into the skillet, and cook them for about 10 min.
- Add all of your spices and stir thoroughly.
- Stir in tomato sauce, chicken stock, and tabasco jalapeno sauce in the mix. Simmer for 12 min.
- Once the sauce is heated, spread a thin layer of it on the bottom of the dish.
- Then, place six tortillas on top so that they cover the sauce. Ensure that there are no gaps with the tortillas.
- Top the tortillas with ⅓ of the chicken, ½ cup of cheese, and ⅓ of the remaining sauce.
- Do this two more times, and once you have a full oven tray, sprinkle some cheese over the top.
- Cover the dish with foil and put it in the oven for 35 min.
- After 35 min, remove the foil and bake uncovered for 10 min, until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Once out of the oven, leave the chicken tortilla bake to rest for around 5 min.
- Serve while still hot and add whatever toppings you desire!
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 6
CHICKEN TORTILLA CASSEROLE
The best healthy chicken tortilla casserole from scratch! This easy layered casserole is loaded with cheese, veggies, and juicy chicken.
Provided by Erin Clarke / Well Plated
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9x13-inch casserole dish with baking spray.
- If needed, cook and shred chicken according to these easy steps.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high, then add the onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and jalapeno. Saute until the veggies are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato sauce, chicken stock, and jalapeno hot sauce, then stir to combine. Let the sauce simmer for 12 minutes.
- To assemble the casserole, spread a thin layer of the sauce on the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Arrange 6 tortillas on top to cover the sauce, overlapping as needed.
- Top with 1/3 of the chicken and 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Spread 1/3 of the remaining sauce over the top, then repeat the process twice more.
- Finish by sprinkling the last 1/2 cup of the cheese over the top then cover the pan with foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove the foil, return the pan to the oven, then bake for 10 additional minutes, until the casserole is hot and bubbly and the cheese is melted. Let rest 5 minutes. Serve hot with desired toppings.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 (of 6), without toppings, Calories 526 kcal, Carbohydrate 49 g, Protein 42 g, Fat 19 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, TransFat 0.01 g, Cholesterol 108 mg, Fiber 8 g, Sugar 8 g, UnsaturatedFat 8 g
MEXICAN TORTILLA CASSEROLE
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 12 to 16 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the tomatoes, onion and garlic, stir and cook for a minute or two to soften the onion. Add 2 teaspoons of the chili powder, 1 teaspoon of the paprika and 1 teaspoon of the cumin. Stir and cook the mixture for another minute or two to release the flavors of the spices. Remove the mixture to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the chicken along with the remaining 2 teaspoons chili powder, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon cumin and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Saute the chicken until it's deep golden brown and done in the middle, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add 1 cup water and stir to make a sauce. Bring the sauce to a boil and cook until it's reduced by half, about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the beans and set aside.
- To assemble the casserole, pour half a jar (about 1 cup) of salsa verde into the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch casserole dish or disposable foil baking pan. Add a layer of half the tortillas on top of the salsa verde, overlapping the edges. Spoon the rice over the tortillas, spread the tomato mixture over the rice, then sprinkle the corn over the tomatoes. Next, add the chicken and bean mixture, then sprinkle on half the cheese and pour over half the enchilada sauce. Next, add the rest of the tortillas, then pour on the rest of the salsa verde and the rest of the enchilada sauce and sprinkle on the rest of the cheese.
- If you're baking the casserole right away, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and bake, covered with foil, for 20 minutes. Then remove the foil and continue baking for 15 to 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Serve with sour cream and cilantro.
- Find this recipe and more in Ree's new book, The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Dinnertime ($30, William Morrow Cookbooks).
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Combine the refried beans, frozen corn, poblanos, 1/4 cup cilantro, the cumin and chile powder in a medium bowl. Combine the salsa, tomatoes and the remaining 1/4 cup cilantro in a separate medium bowl. Toss the cheddar and muenster cheese in a third bowl; set aside.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of the salsa mixture in a thin layer in a 6-quart slow cooker. Top with about 6 tostada shells, breaking them as needed to cover the bottom. Spread half of the bean mixture over the tostada shells, then sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups of the cheese mixture and 1 cup of the salsa mixture. Repeat the layers (tostada shells, bean mixture, cheese, salsa mixture), then top with the remaining tostadas, cheese and salsa.
- Cover and cook on low, 4 hours. Uncover and let rest 15 minutes. Serve with the sliced avocados, sour cream, cilantro and pickled jalapenos.
Both family and friends enjoy this Tex-Mex casserole recipe-even those who prefer a level of spiciness that's "mild" rather than "wild" (but still full of flavor!). -Cheryl Ruesch, Waukegan, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink, 10-12 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in soups, enchilada sauce, milk and garlic powder. , Place half of the broken taco shells in a 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the meat mixture and half the cheese. Repeat layers using remaining taco shells, meat mixture and cheese. Bake until heated through, 40-45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 415 calories, Fat 25g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 70mg cholesterol, Sodium 861mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 21g protein.
TEX-MEX TORTILLA CASSEROLE FOR A CROWD
Make and share this Tex-Mex Tortilla Casserole for a Crowd recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 20-25 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease two 13 x 9-inch baking pans.
- In a large Dutch oven, cook the first 4 ingredients, stirring often until the ground beef is browned and cooked; drain fat.
- Add in fresh garlic, season with salt and pepper and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Line the 2 baking dishes with 6 tortillas.
- Divide the beef mixture between the two dishes on top of the tortillas.
- Top the ground beef with 1 can of beans, then sprinkle with 2 cup cheese.
- Top with the remaining tortillas.
- Spread two jars salsa over each casserole (one on each one).
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover casseroles with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil, bake 10-15 minutes more, or until cheese is golden.
My family loves this quick and easy casserole! This dish is spicy, but you can cut the heat of this dish by using "mild" enchilada sauce.
Provided by Kim D.
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Brown ground beef with onions and garlic in a large skillet; drain.
- Line a 9X13X2-inch baking dish with 4 torn flour tortillas.
- Place ground beef mixture over tortillas.
- Layer with beans, enchilada sauce, and cream of chicken soup over ground beef.
- Next, top with shredded cheese, 4 more torn flour tortillas, tomatoes and green chilies.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and top with a little extra cheese if desired; return to oven just long enough to melt the cheese.
More about "tex mex tortilla casserole recipes"
MAKING TEX-MEX CASSEROLE | ANOLON COOKWARE
BEST TEX-MEX TORTILLA CASSEROLE RECIPE
TEX-MEX TORTILLA CASSEROLE RECIPE | SIDECHEF
CHICKEN TORTILLA CASSEROLE-A TEX-MEX, SUPER CREAMY …
CHICKEN TORTILLA CASSEROLE | HOMESICK TEXAN
20 SLOW COOKER MEXICAN AND TEX-MEX RECIPES FOR CINCO DE MAYO
TEX-MEX ENCHILADA CASSEROLE RECIPE | MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
KING RANCH CHICKEN CASSEROLE - THE BEACH HOUSE KITCHEN
TEX-MEX COWBOY CASSEROLE – AUNT BEE'S RECIPES
TEX MEX CHICKEN CASSEROLE - FIFTEEN SPATULAS
TEX MEX COWBOY CASSEROLE IS A WEEKNIGHT WINNER - CHEF ALLI
15 STACKED ENCHILADA CASSEROLE - SELECTED RECIPES
TACO POTATO CASSEROLE - THE AMISH COOK » AMISH 365
HEALTHY TEX MEX CASSEROLE WITH GROUND TURKEY - PINCH OF WELLNESS
ONE SKILLET HAMBURGER HASH BROWN CASSEROLE
TORTILLA TEX MEX CASSEROLE | WHAT'S COOKIN' ITALIAN STYLE CUISINE
CHICKEN TORTILLA CASSEROLE RECIPE - HOME. MADE. INTEREST.
HOMEMADE CHIMICHANGAS - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
EASY BEEF ENCHILADAS - OLD EL PASO
11 VEGETARIAN MEXICAN CASSEROLES FOR EASY WEEKNIGHT DINNERS
16 MEXICAN CASSEROLE RECIPES FOR EASY TEX-MEX FLAVOR
TEX MEX CHICKEN CASSEROLE PIONEER WOMAN : DOWNLOAD EBOOK …
THE BEST MEXICAN TORTILLA CASSEROLE RECIPE - SAVORY SIMPLE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love