SIMPLE ZUCCHINI & LEEK SOUP
Number Of Ingredients 0
- In a large dutch oven or heavy-bottom saucepan heat the butter, crushed red pepper flakes and leeks over medium heat and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to cook, stirring often for about 1 minute longer. Add the wine and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in the zucchini and a hefty pinch of salt and pepper. Cover the pan, and steam over medium-low heat for about 8-10 minutes, or until the zucchini is just tender. Transfer the mixture to a high speed blender with the dill and 2 cups of broth or water. Blend on high until very smooth. Return the soup to the pot and keep on low heat for about 10 minutes so all the flavors blend together. Taste test and adjust seasonings as needed. Divide the soup between bowls and garnish with zucchini blossoms, extra dill, and sea salt.
ZUCCHINI AND LEEK SOUP
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Trim leeks, wash thoroughly.
- Slice celery, leeks and zucchini; peel and slice carrot and potato.
- Heat butter in a large saucepan, add vegetables. Stir to coat vegetables in butter.
- Cover pan, cook over medium heat 5 minutes; stirring occasionally. Do not allow vegetables to brown.
- Add water, crumbled stock cubes, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Bring soup to boil, reduce heat, simmer, covered for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in parsley.
- Puree veg and liquid in a blender; blend just one cup of soup at a time on medium speed.
- Return soup to saucepan, add cream, reheat without boiling.
CHILLED ZUCCHINI-YOGURT SOUP WITH FRESH MINT
This refreshing summer soup is unbelievably easy. You can chill it down quickly in an ice bath (place the bowl with the soup in it into a larger bowl and fill the larger bowl with ice and water). Make sure to strain it for the best texture.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Yield Serves 4 to 6
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place the water in the bottom of a saucepan fitted with a steamer and bring to a boil. Place the zucchini in the steamer, set over the boiling water, cover and steam 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Do not drain the steaming water.
- Place half the zucchini in a food processor fitted with the steel blade, add 3/4 teaspoons salt, and puree until smooth. Add half the steaming water and pulse until smooth. Scrape into a bowl, and repeat with the remaining zucchini and steaming water, and another 3/4 teaspoon salt. Scrape into the bowl with the first batch. Whisk in the yogurt, the chopped mint, pepper, lemon juice, and optional garlic. Taste and adjust salt. Chill, either in the refrigerator or in an ice bath.
- Strain the cold soup through a medium strainer into a bowl. Use a rubber spatula to press the soup against the strainer and to scrape the soup off the outside of the strainer, to extract maximum flavor and to get as much soup through as you can.
- Toss the thinly sliced zucchini garnish with a generous pinch of salt and place in a strainer set over a bowl, or in the sink. Let sit for 15 minutes. The zucchini will soften. Rinse and pat dry. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with several slices of zucchini and a sprinkle of slivered mint leaves.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 111, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 15 grams, Fat 3 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 9 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 782 milligrams, Sugar 13 grams
CHILLED ZUCCHINI SOUP
Perfect for the summer and quick to make. If you enjoy gazpacho or any other cold soups, you'll love this. Zucchini combines with tomato, mint, basil, and a touch of lemon juice for a fresh tasting soup.
Provided by topfgucker
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and cook onion until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour water into the saucepan and bring to a boil. Add 4 sprigs of mint and zucchini. Reduce heat to low and simmer soup, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove mint.
- Stir together cornstarch and cold water and add to the soup. Increase heat to medium and whisk cornstarch mixture so soup thickens. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Chill soup in the refrigerator until cold, about 2 hours. Before serving, add lemon juice and garnish with remaining mint, basil, and remaining olive oil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 163 calories, Carbohydrate 16.3 g, Fat 10.7 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 3.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 65.1 mg, Sugar 7.9 g
EASY CHILLED ZUCCHINI SOUP
- Heat oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Cook onion in oil for 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and curry powder. Add zucchini, water, broth, and potato. Season with salt. Reduce heat and let simmer until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Puree mixture using an immersion blender until smooth. Let cool to room temperature or chill until cold, about 30 minutes. Serve with almonds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 171 calories, Carbohydrate 20.7 g, Cholesterol 3 mg, Fat 8.2 g, Fiber 4.7 g, Protein 5.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 2047.5 mg, Sugar 5.3 g
CHILLED ZUCCHINI SOUP
- Cook shallots in oil in a 4-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini, zest, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is softened, about 5 minutes. Add broth and water and simmer until zucchini is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Purée zucchini mixture, including zest, along with parsley and dill in a blender (in 2 batches if necessary) until smooth (use caution when blending hot liquids). Transfer to a metal bowl, then set bowl into a larger bowl of ice and cold water (to quick-chill). Cool, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in buttermilk and season with salt.
CHILLED ZUCCHINI-CUMIN SOUP
- Heat oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add cumin; stir until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Mix in zucchini. Add broth; bring soup to boil. Reduce heat; simmer until zucchini is very tender, about 30 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Mix 1/3 cup chopped basil into soup. Working in batches, puree soup in blender until smooth. Transfer to bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Cover; chill until cold, about 3 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
- Ladle soup into bowls. Top each with 1 tablespoon yogurt and sliced basil.
CHILLED LEEK & FENNEL SOUP
Refreshing, light and tasty, this cold soup is great to enjoy during the summer months. VIDEO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH2H7qgwZuw
Provided by CLUBFOODY
Yield 6 cups
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large deep saucepan over medium heat, add oil. When hot, add red onions and leeks; stir and cook until onions just begin to be translucent, about 3 minutes. Add fennel and zucchini, sprinkle sea salt, stir, cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour in chicken broth and lemon juice; stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for 10 minutes before pouring it in the jar of a blender. Place the lid and cover with a dish towel; process until smooth. Add heavy cream and process for 1 minute. Pour soup in a large bowl and transfer to the refrigerator until chilled, about 4 hours. Yields 6 cups.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 191.4, Fat 14.9, SaturatedFat 6.1, Cholesterol 29.9, Sodium 499.2, Carbohydrate 11.4, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 3.1, Protein 5.6
More about "chilled zucchini leek soup recipes"
ZUCCHINI AND LEEK SOUP - GREEDY GOURMET
4.8/5 (4)Total Time 30 minsCategory SoupCalories 586 per serving
ZUCCHINI AND LEEK SOUP - IRISH AMERICAN MOM
5/5 (2)Calories 204 per servingCategory Soup
CHILLED ZUCCHINI SOUP RECIPE | JAMES BEARD FOUNDATION
CHILLED ZUCCHINI SOUP RECIPE IS FILLING AND CREAMY THANKS …
THICK AND CREAMY HOT ZUCCHINI LEEK SOUP RECIPE
RECIPESOURCE: COLD ZUCCHINI AND LEEK SOUP
CHILLED ZUCCHINI SOUP RECIPE BY CAROLYNG GOMES - HONEST COOKING
ZUCCHINI YOGURT CHILLED SOUP - MEDITERRANEAN LATIN LOVE AFFAIR
CHILLED ZUCCHINI-LEEK SOUP POPULAR RECIPES - BEST RECIPES AROUND …
COLD ZUCCHINI AND LEEK SOUP RECIPE
COLD ZUCCHINI AND LEEK SOUP RECIPE
ZUCCHINI-LEEK SUMMER SOUP - GALILEE GREEN
CHILLED ZUCCHINI SOUP | FOOD & WINE
CHILLED ZUCCHINI-LEEK SOUP | RECIPESTY
LEEK & ZUCCHINI SOUP | CANADIAN LIVING
CHILLED ZUCCHINI WALNUT BASIL SOUP RECIPE — SALT & WIND TRAVEL
CHILLED ZUCCHINI SOUP RECIPE | MICHAEL ANTHONY | FOOD NETWORK
CHILLED ZUCCHINI AND LEEK SOUP RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
COLD ZUCCHINI AND LEEK SOUP - BIGOVEN.COM
CHILLED ZUCCHINI AND ORANGE SOUP | RICARDO
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
BASIL ZUCCHINI SOUP RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
RECIPES > CHICKEN > HOW TO MAKE COLD ZUCCHINI AND LEEK SOUP
ZUCCHINI BASIL SOUP | GOURMANDE IN THE KITCHEN
CHILLED ZUCCHINI SOUP RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
BEST CHILLED ZUCCHINI AND BASIL SOUP RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
CLASSIC COLD ZUCCHINI SOUP RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CHILLED ZUCCHINI BUTTERMILK SOUP | CANADIAN LIVING
ZUCCHINI LEEK SOUP FOR WARM SUMMER DAYS - JUST PLAIN …
CHILLED LEEK AND ZUCCHINI SOUP WITH PANCETTA FROM GRACE-MARIE’S …
SUMMER COLD ZUCCHINI SOUP RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CHILLED ZUCCHINI SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ZUCCHINI AND LEEK SOUP | THE CITY COOK, INC.
COLD ZUCCHINI AND LEEK SOUP - BEYONDMEALS.COM
CREAMY CHILLED ZUCCHINI CURRY SOUP | THE SIMPLE SUPPER
ZUCCHINI LEEK SOUP RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
CHILLED ZUCCHINI-LEEK SOUP THE BEST RECIPES
CHILLED LEMON-ZUCCHINI SOUP - READER'S DIGEST CANADA
You'll also love