STOVETOP MOROCCAN TAGINE
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken, onion, and garlic about 15 minutes, until browned.
- Mix the squash, garbanzo beans, carrot, tomatoes with juice, broth, sugar, and lemon juice into the skillet. Season with salt, coriander, and cayenne pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, and continue cooking 30 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 265.5 calories, Carbohydrate 44.7 g, Cholesterol 20.3 mg, Fat 4.3 g, Fiber 8.1 g, Protein 14.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 878.5 mg, Sugar 9.3 g
Tagines are Moroccan slow-cooked meat, fruit and vegetable dishes which are almost invariably made with mutton. Using lamb cuts down the cooking time, but if you can find good hogget (older than lamb, younger than mutton, commonly labeled 'baking legs' and sold cheaply) that will do very well.
Provided by MAX BOSIO
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Fry the onion in the oil until soft. Add the lamb meat to the pan, and fry until just browned on the outside. Season with cumin, coriander, ginger, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Pour just enough water into the pot to cover the meat. Cover, and simmer over low heat for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until meat is tender and the mixture is stew-like. Displace lid a little after an hour if there appears to be too much liquid.
- Add the pears, golden raisins and almonds to the stew, and cook for another 5 minutes or so, until the pears are soft. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 394.4 calories, Carbohydrate 42.7 g, Cholesterol 71.3 mg, Fat 14.5 g, Fiber 7.5 g, Protein 26.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.9 g, Sodium 68.3 mg, Sugar 25.8 g
TEXAS TWO BEAN SOUP
- In a soup pot, combine the onions and garlic with the oil and salt.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes, or until the onions are soft and translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add the celery, bell peppers, chile, oregano, thyme, cumin, and black pepper and saute for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the water and tomatoes, cover and simmer until the vegies are tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Add the black-eyed peas, your choice of beans, and the barbecue sauce.
- Mix well, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
- Garnish with crushed tortilla chips and sour cream on top if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 275.9, Fat 6, SaturatedFat 0.9, Sodium 527.5, Carbohydrate 45.9, Fiber 12.4, Sugar 9.4, Protein 12.3
More about "texas two bean tagine rsc recipes"
HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT VEGETABLE TAGINE – RECIPE | FOOD ...
Author Felicity CloakeEstimated Reading Time 7 mins
SPICED BEAN TAGINE | BEAN COMMISSION
Servings 6Calories 223 per servingCategory Main Dish
VEGETABLE AND CHICKPEA TAGINE WITH COUSCOUS RECIPE
4.5/5 (28)Total Time 55 minsCategory Dinner, Entree, Lunch, Side DishCalories 291 per serving
WORLD BEST BEAN'S RECIPES: INDIAN TEXAS CASSEROLE #RSC
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
THE BEST SOUTHERN BUTTER BEANS RECIPE, JUST LIKE GRANNY MADE
4.5/5 (114)Servings 8Cuisine American, Southern, TexanCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main Course, Side Dish
SUPER TEXAS-STYLE SOUP BEANS – GARDEN & GUN
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
TWO-BEAN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
ONE-PAN RECIPES THAT WILL SAVE TIME AND WASHING UP
MOROCCAN VEGETARIAN CARROT AND CHICKPEA TAGINE RECIPE
TAGINE OF BUTTER BEANS, ALMONDS AND PRUNES — DISCOVER ...
SLOW COOKER MOROCCAN BEEF AND GREEN BEAN TAJINE
HOW TO COOK WITH A TAGINE - THISNZLIFE
TEXAS TWO BEAN TAGINE RSC BEST RECIPES - COOKINGTODAY.NET
TEXAS TWO BEAN TAGINE #RSC RECIPE
LAMB, ARTICHOKE & BROAD BEAN TAGINE RECIPE FROM A MONTH IN ...
BEST COOKING BEEF RECIPES: BLACK BEAN CHILI MOLE #RSC
TEX MEX BEEF BEAN TAMALES RSC- TFRECIPES
VEGETARIAN TAGINE-INSPIRED BEAN STEW | HEALTHY ONE-POT …
THREE BEAN TAGINE WITH BAKED EGGS - PESCETARIAN.KITCHEN
TEXAS TWO BEAN CHILI NUTRITION FACTS - EAT THIS MUCH
BISQUICK PEACH PIE RECIPES
WALMART WAFFLE MAKER CANADA BEST RECIPES
TEXAS TWO BEAN TAGINE RSC - TFRECIPES.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook beans in a covered tagine?Place the covered tagine in a hot oven (220°C) for 30 minutes or so, then reduce to about 120°C for a further couple of hours. Most of the water should be absorbed by the beans. Remove two thirds of the cooked beans and store in the fridge or freezer for other dishes or other times.
How do you cook with a tagine pot?Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius / gas mark 6 / 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Take your tagine pot and add a generous glug of vegetable oil and place into the oven for 2-3 minutes (until the oil heats up). If you don't have a tagine pot then you could use a deep casserole dish, as long as it has a lid.
What are the ingredients in a tagine?In the base of a tagine or in a large skillet with a lid, sauté the onions and garlic in the olive oil over medium-low heat for several minutes. Add the salt, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, black pepper, cayenne pepper, ras el hanout, parsley or cilantro, carrots, and the water.
Is vegetable and chickpea tagine spicy?Because it is mildly spiced, this vegan Vegetable and Chickpea Tagine is a nice choice for family dinners shared with babies and toddlers. If you prefer a more intensely spiced stew, add additional cumin, cinnamon, and ginger, or use a Moroccan spice blend, such as Ras el Hanout, to taste.