THICK AND CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk both amounts of flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar, and pudding mix in another bowl with an electric mixer until blended; beat in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract until combined. Stir flour mixture into egg mixture until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into 2-inch balls and place 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
THICK, SOFT, AND CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
I moved out of the house in 1992 but my dad still insist I make his chocolate chip cookies for him. After much searching these are the ones we deemed "best". Soft and chewy but with a lightly crisp outer layer. If you don't want the crispness, substitute more butter for the shortening. I have found that you need to follow the directions *exactly* to get the best cookies. Not using real butter or all brown sugar, not beating the eggs in one at a time, not baking them at a higher temp than the "traditional" recipe, all make a difference in the end result. I have also found that Land o' Lake butter makes a better cookie than some generic brand butter. Don't let the butter sit out too long. It needs to soften but if it sits until the moisture starts to separate from the butter, it is too soft and it will affect the resulting cookies. If that happens, refrigerate the dough for about an hour to help them not spread as much. It also helps to use the mixer on the dough in between batches going into the oven. It helps keep the dough from starting to separate if it is a warm day. Another thing I've learned is you have to make sure there is plenty of circulation in your oven. When I moved, my cookies started turning out flat again. I finally realized that my oven was smaller at the new house and when I switched to smaller cookie sheets, my cookies turned out perfectly!
Provided by Marg CaymanDesigns
Categories Drop Cookies
Yield 36 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and shortening until creamy.
- Add sugar and vanilla and beat with a mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well.
- Add flour mixture, and beat slowly to incorporate, then beat to blend well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop batter in 2-tablespoon portions about 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake in a 375°F preheated oven until edges of cookies are brown but an area about 1 inch wide in the center is still pale, about 10 minutes.
- If using 2 pans in 1 oven, switch positions at half-time.
- Let cookies cool on pan about 5 minutes, then transfer to racks with a spatula.
- Serve warm or cool.
SOFT AND CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Chocolate chip cookies are a go-to favorite dessert, sweet snack, or after-school treat. This cookie-which is made in the soft and chewy style-gives you both the nostalgia of childhood bake sales and the satisfying, grown-up flavors of dark chocolate. After just three steps and a quick bake in the oven, the only thing you'll need is a glass of cold milk or frothy coffee.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes about 3 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350°F with racks in the upper and lower third positions. In a small bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda; set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and both sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add salt, vanilla, and eggs; mix to combine. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture, mixing until just combined. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon measure, drop heaping portions of dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the center, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
CRISP AND CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Cookie people take sides. You're either a soft-and-chewy fan or a lover of thin and crisp. But everyone goes for these chocolate chip treats. They're soft in the middle, slightly crunchy at the edges, and extra-big.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 2 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat butter with both sugars, baking powder, baking soda, and salt on medium-high speed until light and creamy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating to combine after each addition and scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Stop beating and add flour, then beat on low to combine. Add both chocolates and beat to combine. (If you are working in a warm room and/or dough feels sticky or soft, refrigerate about 15 minutes before scooping and baking.)
- Using a 2-ounce (1/4-cup) scoop, drop dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, 2 inches apart (6 cookies per sheet); press each down to flatten slightly.
- Top each cookie with a few large, flat pieces of chopped chocolate or whole féves (if desired). Bake one sheet of cookies 9 minutes; remove from oven and bang sheet on stove top or counter to deflate. Return to oven and bake 3 minutes; remove and bang again, then return to oven and bake until golden around edges and just barely set in centers, about 3 minutes more.
- Transfer sheet to a wire rack and let cool 5 minutes, then transfer cookies to a rack with a spatula; let cool completely. Repeat with remaining sheets, one at a time. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days, or frozen up to 2 months.
BEST BIG, FAT, CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
THICK AND CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 1. Heat oven to 325oF. Adjust oven racks to upper- and lower-middle positions. Mix flour, salt, and baking soda together in medium bowl; set aside. Either by hand or with electric mixer, mix butter and sugars until thoroughly blended. Mix in egg, yolk, and vanilla. Add dry ingredients; mix until just combined. Stir in chips to taste. 2.Form scant 1/4 cup dough into ball. Holding dough ball using fingertips of both hands, pull into two equal halves. Rotate halves ninety degrees and, with jagged surfaces exposed, join halves together at their base, again forming a single cookie, being careful not to smooth dough's uneven surface. Place formed dough onto one of two parchment paper-lined 20-by-14-inch lipless cookie sheets, about nine dough balls per sheet. Smaller cookie sheets can be used, but fewer cookies can be baked at one time and baking time may need to be adjusted. (Dough can be refrigerated up to 2 days or frozen up to 1 month-shaped or not.) 3. Bake, reversing cookie sheets' positions halfway through baking, until cookies are light golden brown and outer edges start to harden yet centers are still soft and puffy, 15 to 18 minutes (start checking at 13 minutes). (Frozen dough requires an extra 1 to 2 minutes baking time.) Cool cookies on cookie sheets. Serve or store in airtight container.
More about "thick and chewy chocolate chip cookies recipes"
THICK & CHEWY PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES ...
2017-08-15 · Instructions. Pre-heat the oven to 190°C (375° F). Line a baking tray with baking or parchment paper. In an electric mixer (or with a hand-held mixer) fitted with …
- In an electric mixer (or with a hand-held mixer) fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together on medium speed until well combined, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the egg, and beat on low speed (mixture will curdle at first) until mixture comes together and is well combined. Add the peanut butter and vanilla extract. Beat for about one minute to combine well.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Pour into the butter mixture, beat on low speed until flour mixture is fully incorporated and comes together as cookie dough. Add the chocolate chips and mix with a spatula/long spoon by hand until evenly distributed throughout the dough. Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE: THICK N’ CHEWY | THE KITCHEN ...
2020-08-25 · Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe ... Chip Cookie Recipe, tried and tested by tens of thousands of readers with simple easy delicious ingredients and yields thick, chewy chocolate chip cookies. 4.97 from 304 votes. Review Save Recipe …
- Cream together your butter and sugar until it’s light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla, mixing thoroughly. .
- When that is done, fold in the two cups of chocolate chips by hand, and prepare to put them on the parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
THICK AND CHEWY VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE ...
2019-07-25 · Then, whisk together all the wet ingredients. Combine the two to create your vegan gluten free cookie dough! Fold in chocolate chips. Then, here’s the trick to creating thick and chewy chocolate chip cookies…
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Whisk as long as you can. Switch to stirring and folding with a rubber spatula until no flour patches remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
THICK AND CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES | COOK'S COUNTRY
Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip. Cookies. PUBLISHED APRIL/MAY 2014. There are two types of people in the world: those who like chewy cookies and those who like crunchy ones. Chewy chocolate chip cookie lovers, this is your lucky day. SERVES Makes 24 cookies.
See details »
THICK, CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2006-02-15 · Step 2. In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir or beat into butter mixture until well incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans, if using. Step 3. Drop dough in 2-tablespoon …
- In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and brown sugar until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir or beat into butter mixture until well incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans, if using.
- Drop dough in 2-tablespoon (1/8-cup) portions, 2 inches apart, onto buttered 12- by 15-inch baking sheets.
- Bake in a 400° oven until cookies are lightly browned and no longer wet in the center (break one open to check), 6 to 8 minutes; if baking more than one pan at a time, switch pan positions halfway through baking.
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES | BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE ...
2014-06-25 · 3. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. 4. With the mixer on low speed, add flour, cornstarch, baking soda and baking powder. 5. Stir in the chocolate chips. The dough will be thick…
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- 2. Cream butter and sugars together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. You should actually be able to see the change in color and texture.
THICK AND CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE - ONE SWEET ...
2019-11-07 · Instructions. Whisk together the flours, baking soda, and salt in a large measuring cup. Set aside. Combine the butter with both of the sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer. Stir with the paddle …
- Combine the butter with both of the sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer. Stir with the paddle attachment on low/medium speed until slightly fluffy.
SOFT, CHEWY AND THICK CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES | PRETTY ...
2014-03-24 · In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, place the melted butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Whisk until well combined. Whisk in the egg, …
- In a large bowl, place the melted butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Whisk until well combined. Whisk in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract. Add flour mixture and mix just until combined. Do not overmix. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Chill the dough for at least 2 hours, preferably 6 hours or overnight (you can keep the dough in the fridge for up to 3 days).
THICK AND CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE - LET THE BAKING BEGIN!
2017-02-12 · Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool before serving. To freeze: If you plan to freeze the dough, just scoop the balls of dough onto a baking sheet and freeze. Then transfer to a ziplock bag and keep frozen for up to 2 months. To bake frozen cookies: put frozen cookies on a tray, about 8 per sheet (18×12) and bake for 12-15 minutes. Scroll to the bottom for the full recipe …
- Preheat oven to 375°F degrees with the rack in the middle. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a skillet, melt and then brown for about 2-3 minutes 10 tablespoons of butter. You want a slight golden color, not dark amber color. The butter will start to smell like toffee. Transfer to a heatproof bowl and add the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter. Whisk until the butter is melted.
- Add 1/2 cups granulated sugar, 3/4 cups packed dark brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt and 2 tsps vanilla extract and whisk until smooth, about 30 seconds. Let the mixture sit for 3 minutes, then whisk it again. Repeat 3 times (if you're in a hurry, you can skip this step).
THE BEST THICK AND CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - SMELLS ...
Adjust an oven rack to the center position. Preheat oven 325° F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl; set aside. In the bowl of a …
- Adjust an oven rack to the center position. Preheat oven 325° F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddel attachment, or by hand, mix butter and sugars until thoroughly combined. If the butter is difficult to fully incorporate, let the mixture sit for 1 minute before continuing to mix. Repeat if needed after 15 seconds of mixing. Beat in the egg, yolk, and vanilla until combined. Add the dry ingredients and beat at low-speed just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. The dough should look a little dry and crumbly but be able to hold its shape when gently squeezed.
- Roll a scant half-cup of dough into a ball. Holding dough ball in fingertips of both hands, pull apart into two equal halves. Rotate halves 90 degrees and, with jagged surfaces facing up, place each of the formed dough pieces onto cookie sheet, leaving ample room between each ball.
- Bake 1 sheet at a time for 11 to 14 minutes, rotating the baking sheet front to back halfway through baking, until cookies are light golden brown and outer edges start to harden yet centers are still soft and puffy. You should just be able to lift the edge of the cookie up without it loosing its shape. Do not overbake. Keep the 2nd pan in the fridge until ready to bake. Repeat with the 2nd pan after the 1st pan is finished baking.
THICK AND CHEWY EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES. - THE ...
2019-04-17 · Put the gluten free flour blend, salt, baking soda, and cornstarch in a large bowl and whisk together. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Turn mixer off and stir in the mini chocolate chips and the dark chocolate …
- Place the vegan buttery spread and sugars in a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until fluffy. Add the applesauce and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Turn mixer off and stir in the mini chocolate chips and the dark chocolate chunks or chips.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - THICK & CHEWY
2017-05-18 · Chocolate chip cookies are simply heaven on a plate! Now, not any ole chocolate chip cookie is going to make be good enough for me. Mine have to be thick and chewy if they are going to be worth the calories and they must be able to last for days in an airtight container. This recipe …
- 2. Add the sugars to the melted butter in a large bowl and beat well. Add the egg and yolk and mix until smooth. Add the milk and vanilla and mix until combined. Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until thoroughly combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Chill the dough for 24 hours. Yes, truly 24 hours….just trust me, please 🙂
- 3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.. Using your 1 1/2″ cookie scoop, take two scoops of dough and form them into one cookie. To get the rough tops to your cookies, break the dough ball in half and push the smooth sides together, leaving the rough edges on the top of the cookie. Place on the lined cookie sheet, leaving plenty of space for these big cookies to spread as they bake.
- 4. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, rotating the cookie sheet halfway through the baking to ensure even browning. Allow cookies to sit for a few minutes on the sheet after removing from the oven then cool completely on a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.
THICK AND CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - COCO AND ASH
2021-01-21 · 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips; How to make Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies: The secret little trick to making these cookies thick and chewy is the cornstarch. A little goes a long way but it helps to bind everything together and help the cookies keep their shape. These chocolate chip cookies …
- Pre-heat your oven to 350° and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or a non-stick mat. (See notes about using a stand or hand mixer)
- Add the softened butter, white sugar and brown sugar to a mixing bowl (or stand mixer) and beat for about 2 minutes. The mixture will get light and fluffy.
THICK AND CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - BROWN EYED BAKER
2019-08-15 · Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and sugars until thoroughly blended, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the egg, yolk, and vanilla until combined. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the dry ingredients and beat until just combined. Using a rubber spatula, stir in the chocolate …
- Adjust the oven racks to the upper- and lower-middle positions and preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and sugars until thoroughly blended, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the egg, yolk, and vanilla until combined. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the dry ingredients and beat until just combined. Using a rubber spatula, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll a scant ¼ cup of the dough into a ball. Hold the dough ball with the fingertips of both hands and pull into 2 equal halves. Rotate the halves 90 degrees and, with jagged surfaces facing up, join the halves together at their base, again forming a single ball, being careful not to smooth the dough's uneven surface. Place the formed dough balls on the prepared baking sheets, jagged surface up, spacing them 2½ inches apart.
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE | SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
2013-05-13 · Secrets to Thick, Soft, & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. Underbaked cookies are the secret to softness. Using cornstarch in the dough is another secret to softness, as well as the secret to …
- In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until no brown sugar lumps remain. Whisk in the egg, then the egg yolk. Finally, whisk in the vanilla extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a large spoon or rubber spatula. The dough will be very soft, yet thick. Fold in the chocolate chunks. They may not stick to the dough because of the melted butter, but do your best to combine them. Cover the dough and chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or up to 3-4 days. Chilling is mandatory. I highly recommend chilling the cookie dough overnight for less spreading. (Some readers have asked if it’s possible to roll into balls and then chill, but I don’t recommend it. The cookie dough is quite sticky and loose to section into balls before chilling.)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. (Always recommended for cookies.) Set aside.
THICK AND CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES (MADE IN ONE BOWL ...
2021-04-12 · 1. First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Then in a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking …
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (you could also use an electric mixer), beat the cold butter and sugars together until pale and fluffy- about 1 minute. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and continue to mix.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix on low-speed until the mixture forms a dough, then add in the chocolate chips.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and measure 1/4 cup of cookie dough and roll into a ball. Place each cookie dough ball on the cookie sheet and place them 1 1/2- 2 inches apart. You may have to bake these in separate batches.
COOK'S ILLUSTRATED THICK & CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES ...
2015-04-02 · Preheat oven to 325ºF. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. Melt the butter in the microwave or over the stove top and let it cool. Use an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment to beat together the sugars and melted butter. Mix …
THICK AND CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
2 chocolate bar biscuit croissant topping. 1 jelly cotton candy. ½ jelly gummies. 2 cups liquorice chocolate. 2 jelly beans bonbon. 2 caramels tart gummi bears. 6 butterscotch caramel lollipops. 12 tbsp butter. ¼ cup sugar.
THICK & CHEWY GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
2020-01-17 · This is the super simple chocolate chip drop cookie recipe that is simply perfect for so many occasions. To be clear, they’re crispy on the edges, thick throughout, and chewy in the center. If you prefer a cookie that isn’t crisp at all, and bakes up thin and chewy, try our recipe for soft and chewy gluten free chocolate chip cookies.
THICK AND CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - THE FLOUR HANDPRINT
2021-08-17 · These thick and chewy chocolate chip cookies are my ideal take on the classic American cookie. They’re studded with chocolate chips, crisp on the edges and have a perfect soft chewy center, even when baked from frozen. It took me a long time to get this recipe here on The Flour Handprint for a few reasons. Frist of all, everyone and their mom has a chocolate chip cookie recipe, and I’m ...
See details »
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP WALNUT COOKIES RECIPES
2021-06-15 · Levain Chocolate Chip Cookie (Copycat) recipe makes perfectly chewy, thick cookies with melty chocolate chips and crunchy walnuts throughout. There’s nothing quite like a warm Chocolate Chip Cookie freshly baked in your own oven. For this Dessert Recipe, we’ve copied the iconic Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookie for big, chewy, extra chocolatey cookies … 5/5 (1) …
See details »