I like to make this soup as a starter when I have guests. It can easily be made in advance, but only add creme fraiche, orange juice, and orange zest right before serving.
Provided by Irmela
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat and cook carrots, onions, and ginger until softened, about 5 minutes. Dust with flour and cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add broth, cover, and simmer until carrots are soft, 15 to 20 minutes. Season with sea salt and white pepper.
- Puree carrot soup with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Zest 1 orange until you get about 1 teaspoon zest. Juice both oranges.
- Stir orange juice and creme fraiche into the soup and heat over medium-low heat, but do not boil. Stir in orange zest and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with pistachios.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 241.2 calories, Carbohydrate 26 g, Cholesterol 40.7 mg, Fat 14.6 g, Fiber 5.7 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 8.6 g, Sodium 514.6 mg, Sugar 13.1 g
CARROT SOUP WITH ORANGE AND TARRAGON
- Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add carrots and onion; sauté until onion is soft, about 8 minutes. Add broth; cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat, uncover, and simmer until carrots are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Working in batches, puree soup in blender until very smooth. Return soup to pot. Stir in orange juice, brandy, and chopped tarragon. Simmer 5 minutes for flavors to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish soup with tarragon sprigs and serve.
CARROT SOUP WITH ORANGE & TARRAGON
A pretty orange color, a delicious hint of citrus and a garden-fresh flavor make this soup a requested dish at my many celebrations. Try sprinkling individual bowls with fresh tarragon before serving. -Phyllis Schmalz, Kansas City, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a Dutch oven, saute carrots and onion in butter for 8-10 minutes or until onion is tender. Add the broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until carrots are very tender. Cool slightly., In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return all to pan; stir in the orange juice, brandy and minced tarragon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with tarragon sprigs before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 117 calories, Fat 3g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 8mg cholesterol, Sodium 823mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
ORANGE, CARROT & MINT SOUP
A velvety smooth carrot soup is perfect on it's own for supper or as an impressive dinner party starter.
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Soup, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Melt the butter gently in a medium saucepan then add the carrots, onion and garlic. Cover with a lid and leave over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables have softened but not coloured (about 12 minutes).
- Pour in the stock and sprinkle in a little salt (if using a cube, hold back on the salt and adjust it at the end). Bring to the boil and simmer, partially covered, for 20-30 minutes or until the vegetables are very soft. Take off the heat and leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Strain the vegetables through a sieve set over a bowl. Reserve the liquid. Transfer the vegetables to a food processor or blender. Process until smooth, adding enough of the strained liquid to make the mixture turn easily in the machine. Set the sieve over the cleaned pan and push the puréed vegetables through (this step is not essential but gives the soup a very smooth finish). Pour in the liquid and stir well to blend.
- Tip in the orange juice and mint and gently reheat the soup. Stir and taste to see if more salt is needed, then pour into warmed bowls. If you like the idea of the cream, drizzle a little over the top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120 calories, Fat 4 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 19 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 17 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 1 milligram of sodium
CREAMY CARROT & ORANGE SOUP
- Brown the onion in the butter until soft.
- Put onions carrots and chicken stock in a sauce pan.
- Add Orange juice, heat to meld the flavors.
- Puree in a food processor until very smooth season with salt& pepper and Return to saucepan and blend in the nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil stirring during cooking time.
- To serve top and swirl in two tbsp of cream (or yogurt).
A delicious, incredibly easy, elegant, and very nutritious soup. Can serve hot or cold. I make it weekly. Original recipe comes from Best Slow Cooker Recipes in Canada .
Provided by Mary McKeough
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Skin and cut into 1/4 inch rounds approximately 5 cups of carrots.
- Add to Slow Cooker.
- NOTE: a food processor can really speed the chopping in this recipe.
- Chop one onion finely and add to Cooker.
- Add broth and orange juice.
- Add optional ginger if desired- makes soup tangy.
- Heat on low for 10-11 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
- When carrots are tender, blend to a smooth consistency.
- Add whipping cream, s and stir until creamy.
- NOTE: Excellent first course or lunch with salad and roll.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 152.6, Fat 8.4, SaturatedFat 4.8, Cholesterol 27.2, Sodium 118.2, Carbohydrate 17.1, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 8.6, Protein 4.2
ORANGE-GINGER CARROT SOUP
- Peel and thinly slice the carrots. Finely chop the onion. Peel and chop the garlic cloves. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add carrots, onion, garlic, and ginger and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Meanwhile grate the orange to yield 2 teaspoon grated zest. Juice orange to yield 1/2 cup orange juice.
- Add chicken stock, orange zest, and bay leaf to cooking vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender about 20 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, puree soup in batches until smooth; return to saucepan. Stir in orange juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Mince cilantro or parsley to yield 2 tablespoons. Garnish each soup bowl with a dollop of sour cream or yogurt and sprinkling of cilantro and serve.
CARROT AND ORANGE SOUP
A flavoursome twist of a classic soup.
Provided by Ben Halsey
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Heat the oil and gently sauté the onions, until soft and golden. Add the carrots and fry for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Combine the stock, orange juice, ground coriander, cinnamon. Stir in the wet ingredients and cover. Simmer for 40-50 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
- Liquidize the ingredients to your desired consistency. Season to taste and garnish with the coriander leaf.
ORANGE-SCENTED CARROT SOUP
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the carrots and the onion and sweat until the mixture starts to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, orange zest and oregano and cook until fragrant, another 1 to 2 minutes. Raise the heat and deglaze the pan with white wine. Add the stock and water. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook until the carrots are tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cool the mixture for about 5 minutes before processing.
- Process the soup in a food processor or blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour into serving bowls and swirl in a heaping teaspoon of sour cream before serving.
CHILLED CARROT AND ORANGE SOUP
- Cook onion in butter in a 3- to 4-quart heavy saucepan over moderately high heat, stirring, until golden, about 3 minutes. Add carrots, water, salt, pepper, and cloves and simmer, covered, until carrots are very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Purée soup in 3 batches in a blender (use caution when blending hot liquids) until very smooth, about 1 minute, transferring to a bowl. Stir in orange and lemon juices.
- Chill soup, covered, until cold, at least 2 hours.
More about "orange carrot soup recipes"
ORANGE CARROT SOUP RECIPE – EASY CARROT SOUP — …
Category Best Soup Recipes, Cook, Cooking & Meals
CREAMY CARROT SOUP WITH ORANGE | FOOD FROM PORTUGAL
CARROT ORANGE SOUP | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
EASY ORANGE CARROT SOUP WITH VANILLA | SIMPLE. TASTY.
CARROT AND ORANGE SOUP RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
ORANGE & CARROT SOUP — GREEN KITCHEN STORIES
10 BEST JAMIE OLIVER CARROT SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
CARROT, ORANGE AND GINGER SOUP RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
CARROT AND ORANGE SOUP WITH THYME - SLOW THE COOK DOWN
CARROT AND ORANGE SOUP - RECIPE GIRL
ROASTED CARROT SOUP RECIPE (VEGAN & WITH ORANGE!)
CLASSIC CARROT ORANGE SOUP - JULES OF THE KITCHEN
CARROT-ORANGE SOUP [VEGAN] - ONE GREEN PLANET
CURRIED CARROT ORANGE SOUP - ROSE REISMAN
CARROT AND ORANGE SOUP RECIPE - FEED YOUR SOLE
CREAMY CARROT ORANGE SOUP | NEIGHBORFOOD
ORANGE-FLAVOURED CARROT SOUP | METRO
CARROT AND ORANGE SOUP - HEALTHY LITTLE FOODIES
CREAMY CARROT SOUP WITH ORANGE - HEALTHY PLAN BY ANN
RECIPES CARROT SOUP WITH ORANGE AND GINGER | SOSCUISINE
ORANGE CARROT SOUP - FOOD NOUVEAU
CARROT AND ORANGE SOUP - EAT YOURSELF GREEK
CARROT & ORANGE SOUP | THE PINCH OF TASTE
CARROT AND ORANGE SOUP - FOODFOOD - IT'S SIZZLING
CARROT GINGER ORANGE SOUP | BLUE JEAN CHEF - MEREDITH LAURENCE
TRUE ORANGE GINGER CARROT SOUP – TRUE CITRUS
CARROT AND ORANGE SOUP (DAIRY FREE) - SOUVLAKI FOR THE SOUL
CARROT, ORANGE AND THYME SOUP - PINCH OF NOM
ORANGE AND CARROT SOUP RECIPE | SAFEFOOD
CARROT AND ORANGE SOUP RECIPE | OLIVEMAGAZINE
COLD CARROT AND ORANGE SOUP - READER'S DIGEST CANADA
CARROT SOUP WITH ORANGE | TASTYCOOKERY
WHIP UP THIS CARROT-ORANGE SOUP USING FOOD SCRAPS | CBC NEWS
CARROT SOUP WITH ORANGE-MARINATED LENTILS - TASTE FOR LIFE
ORANGE & CARROT SOUP RECIPE - ALDI
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #soups-stews #vegetables #1-day-or-more #potluck #holiday-event #kosher #vegetarian #stove-top #dietary #christmas #hanukkah #thanksgiving #ramadan #valentines-day #to-go #equipment
You'll also love