SWEET POTATO HASH
- In a 13-inch saute pan over medium-high heat, add the bacon and olive oil. When the oil heats and the bacon begins to sizzle, add the sweet potatoes and spread out as much as possible to allow the potatoes to rest in the pan in 1 layer. Leave the potatoes to cook until a quick toss reveals browning on the side in contact with the pan, about 5 minutes. Continue to toss and let stand until most sides of the potatoes are golden and the bacon bits are crisp, 3 to 5 minutes longer. Then add the onions, garlic, jalapenos, cumin and season with a nice pinch of salt and a grind or 2 of pepper. Cook the same way, allowing everything to sit in the heat of the pan for a minute or 2. Taste and re-season if necessary.
SWEET POTATO HASH
Forget traditional hash with plain, ol' potatoes. Add color, flavor and extra nutrition with sweet potatoes! I recommend serving the hearty breakfast favorite with with BBQ sauce, ketchup, or salsa or two eggs over-easy in the middle. -Ken Kingery, Moscow, Idaho
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside., In a large skillet, saute sweet potatoes in oil in batches until lightly browned. Add the peppers, onion and garlic; saute until vegetables are tender. Stir in the sausage, thyme and spice mixture. Cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 184 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 16mg cholesterol, Sodium 623mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (13g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
ONE-PAN SWEET POTATO BREAKFAST HASH RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: sweet potato, olive oil, red onion, garlic, bell peppers, jalapeño, green onions, fresh rosemary, eggs
Provided by Crystal Hatch
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Dice the sweet potato
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the diced sweet potato, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until it begins to soften.
- While the sweet potato cooks, dice the red onion and mince the garlic. Add to the skillet.
- Dice and seed the bell peppers and add to the skillet.
- Dice the jalapeño, if using, and add.
- Chop the green onion and rosemary, if using fresh, and add to skillet. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the sweet potato is tender.
- Create 4 wells in the vegetable mixture, not too close to the edges of the skillet, but far enough apart that they aren't touching. Crack 1 egg into each well. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes more, or the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Breakfast is served!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 213 calories, Carbohydrate 22 grams, Fat 9 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 10 grams, Sugar 9 grams
SAVORY SWEET POTATO HASH
- Place sweet potato in a microwave-safe bowl; add water and salt. Microwave until partially softened, 2 to 3 minutes; drain.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion in the hot oil until slightly softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir sweet potato, ham, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and salt into onion; cover skillet with a lid. Cook sweet potato mixture, stirring occasionally, until sweet potatoes are cooked through, about 10 minutes; sprinkle with brown sugar. Cook and stir until brown sugar is dissolved, 1 to 2 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 431.3 calories, Carbohydrate 51.6 g, Cholesterol 40.5 mg, Fat 16.6 g, Fiber 7.6 g, Protein 19.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.4 g, Sodium 1166.9 mg, Sugar 13.2 g
Yield Makes 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 200°F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch nonstick heavy skillet over moderately low heat until hot but not smoking, then cook sweet potatoes, stirring occasionally, until tender and browned, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 9- to 10-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking, then cook sausage, stirring occasionally and breaking up large lumps, until browned, about 8 minutes. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 8 to 10 minutes, then add peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add sausage mixture, cilantro, salt, and pepper to potatoes in skillet and toss to combine, then transfer to a large shallow serving dish and keep warm in oven while you prepare eggs. (Wipe out nonstick skillet with a paper towel.)
- Carefully break eggs into a bowl without breaking yolks.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking, then pour eggs into skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook eggs, covered, until edges of whites are crisp and browned but yolks are still soft, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Slide eggs onto hash and serve immediately.
SWEET POTATO AND CHORIZO HASH
A traditional breakfast hash with a few twists. Some extra herbs, a sweet potato instead of an eastern or Yukon potato, and chorizo instead of corned beef, bacon, or sausage.
Provided by dtreglia
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add sweet potato to the hot oil and saute, stirring and lowering the heat if necessary to avoid burning, about 5 minutes. Add rosemary, salt, and pepper, and cook until potato begins to soften, about 5 minutes more.
- Stir in onion, cumin, and cayenne pepper; cook until onions are soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Add chorizo and increase heat to medium-high. Cook and stir until potatoes are tender (not mushy) and brown and chorizo becomes crisp, 1 to 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 339.8 calories, Carbohydrate 28.9 g, Cholesterol 21 mg, Fat 22.4 g, Fiber 4.5 g, Protein 6.7 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 328.7 mg, Sugar 7.1 g
SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN HASH RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: olive oil, sweet potato, yellow onion, red bell pepper, salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, spinach, black beans
Provided by Tasty
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat olive oil on medium heat in a 4-quart chicken fryer. Add sweet potatoes, onion, pepper, salt, pepper, paprika, and cumin, and stir. Cook for 10 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- Add spinach and cook for an additional five minutes.
- Lastly, add the black beans and stir until all ingredients are well-blended.
- Serve with toppings of your choice. We topped our hash with an egg and avocado slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 353 calories, Carbohydrate 50 grams, Fat 14 grams, Fiber 12 grams, Protein 9 grams, Sugar 11 grams
More about "sweet potato hash recipes"
SWEET POTATO HASH | JAMIE OLIVER
Servings 8Calories 123 per servingTotal Time 40 mins
SWEET POTATO HASH | LODGE CAST IRON
Servings 2Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory Breakfast Recipes Side Recipes
- Cover sweet potatoes with water in a large pot. Bring to boil for 5 minutes, until the potatoes are tender. Drain and remove the skin.
- Dice sweet potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Toss with salt, garlic powder, paprika, and ¼ cup of olive oil.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet. Add potatoes and cook until browned on the first side, 3-5 minutes. Add peppers, onions, and garlic. Stir well to combine.
- Cook, stirring often, until the veggies are browned on all sides, 10 minutes. Stir in fresh rosemary and serve.*
RECIPE: SWEET POTATO HASH WITH EGGS – CLEVELAND CLINIC
SWEET POTATO HASH WITH FRESH HERBS, PEPPERS, AND ONIONS
KALE & ROASTED SWEET POTATO HASH RECIPE | EATINGWELL
10 BEST SWEET POTATO HASH WITH EGGS RECIPES - YUMMLY
SWEET POTATO HASH - SIMPLY SCRATCH MADE
SWEET POTATO HASH WITH EGGS - MEDITERRANEAN LIVING
EASY SWEET POTATO HASH RECIPE | LIL' LUNA
SWEET POTATO HASH - SIMPLE VEGAN BLOG
ROASTED SWEET POTATO HASH - SHEET PAN RECIPE -THIS WIFE COOKS™
THE BEST SWEET POTATO HASH RECIPE - PEACOCK RIDGE FARM
SWEET POTATO HASH BROWNS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SWEET POTATO HASH WITH SAUSAGE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
SWEET POTATO HASH WITH SAUSAGE AND BELL PEPPERS – …
SWEET POTATO BREAKFAST HASH - DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
EASY SWEET POTATO HASH RECIPE - THE MINDFUL HAPA
THE BEST SWEET POTATO HASH RECIPE - BUILD YOUR BITE
SWEET POTATO HASH BROWNS - EASY RECIPE WITH SHREDDED SWEET …
SWEET POTATO HASH (EASY SHEET PAN RECIPE!) - DETOXINISTA
SWEET POTATO HASH | BREAKFAST RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
SWEET POTATO HASH - IFOODREAL.COM
BEST HEALTHY SWEET POTATO HASH RECIPE - DELISH
RECIPE: SWEET POTATO HASH
SWEET POTATO HASH - BNMULTI.COM
SWEET POTATO HASH BROWNS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SWEET POTATO HASH BROWNS RECIPE | KITCHN
SWEET POTATO HASH RECIPE WITH EGGS - EVOLVING TABLE
SWEET POTATO HASH - SAVOR THE BEST
SWEET POTATO BREAKFAST HASH - HEALTHY SEASONAL RECIPES
SWEET POTATO HASH
SWEET POTATO HASH RECIPE - W/ BACON, EGGS, & CHEESE
SWEET POTATO HASH RECIPE (POTATOES O’BRIEN) - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
10 BEST SWEET POTATO BREAKFAST HASH RECIPES | YUMMLY
SWEET POTATO HASH - DIABETIC FOODIE
SWEET POTATO BREAKFAST HASH WITH FRIED EGGS - SAILOR BAILEY
SWEET POTATO HASH | THE RECIPE CRITIC
SWEET POTATO HASH - BREAKFAST RECIPE | THE WORKTOP
SWEET POTATO HASH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SWEET POTATO HASH - SIZZLING EATS
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #yams-sweet-potatoes #for-1-or-2 #low-protein #main-dish #side-dishes #potatoes #vegetables #vegan #vegetarian #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #healthy-2 #low-in-something #greens #spinach #number-of-servings
SWEET POTATO HASH | Delicious Sweet Potato Recipes | STACEY FLOWERS196K views-03:01
Easy Sweet Potato Hash | SAM THE COOKING GUY124K views-11:37
How To Make Sweet Potato Hash - Breakfast Skillet Recipe34K views-08:07
Easy Sweet Potato Hash 🍠 - Delicious Breakfast Recipe19K views-06:19
Spicy Sweet Potato Hash and Eggs54K views-02:16
This is as healthy as my breakfasts can get! Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash27K views-04:03
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook sweet potatoes for hash?The key to sweet potato hash is cutting the sweet potatoes into smaller pieces than you might usually. I like to cut them into half-inch pieces, so they will cook in roughly the same time as the peppers and onions. Try to cut the sweet potatoes into similar sizes, so they will cook evenly.
Can you have both sweet potatoes and onions in hash?You can have both with this hash. We replaced the traditional potato with sweet potatoes to lighten the onion, aromatic rosemary, and mouth-watering garlic for a delectable start to the day. Cover sweet potatoes with water in a large pot.
What is a sweet potato hash made of?This Sweet Potato Hash is an easy one-pan recipe, made with hearty sweet potatoes, bell peppers, and onions. It makes a flavorful breakfast or brunch option, and I love how the method is hands-off so you can do something else around your kitchen as it cooks.
How to cook sweet potatoes and Ham in a pan?In a large skillet, saute sweet potatoes in butter and oil until crisp-tender. Add the onion, red pepper, green onions and chili pepper. Saute 4-5 minutes longer or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the ham, pepper and salt.