CHEF JOHN'S GAZPACHO
Only try this recipe if you're going to use some killer, end-of-summer, super-sweet tomatoes. There just isn't any substitute, so happy hunting, and I hope you find some so you give this a try.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Combine diced tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, green onion, jalapeno, and garlic in a large bowl. Stir in salt, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, and black pepper.
- Place cherry tomatoes, olive oil, lime juice, balsamic vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce in a blender. Cover and puree until smooth. Pour pureed mixture through a strainer into the tomato-cucumber mixture; stir to combine.
- Place 1/3 of the tomato mixture into the blender. Cover, turn blender on, and puree until smooth. Return pureed mixture to the remaining tomato-cucumber mixture. Stir to combine. Cover and chill in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Season cold soup with salt and black pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and top with basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 131.7 calories, Carbohydrate 10.5 g, Fat 9.9 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 410.3 mg, Sugar 4.5 g
CHEF JOHN'S WHITE GAZPACHO
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook and stir leeks until soft, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove to a plate and allow to cool.
- Place cucumbers in a blender with grapes, almonds, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, creme fraiche, bread cubes, vinegar, cooled leeks, and water. Puree until smooth, about 1 minute. Strain through a fine mesh sieve. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours.
- Taste and season with salt and cayenne pepper. If needed, add some more vinegar. Serve garnished with dill oil (see note), thinly sliced grapes, slivered almonds, and fresh dill.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 151.5 calories, Carbohydrate 9.7 g, Cholesterol 18.1 mg, Fat 12.1 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 2.8 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 437.9 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
CHILLED WHITE GAZPACHO
- Place almonds, pine nuts, garlic, grapes, grape juice, water, and bread in a blender and puree until smooth. Strain the mixture into a bowl. Chill the soup for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove soup from refrigerator and fold the whipped heavy cream into the soup. Finish with a few tablespoons each of the verjus and walnut oil. Ladle into serving bowls and garnish each with chives, almonds and grapes, if desired.
WHITE GAZPACHO WITH GRAPES AND TOASTED ALMONDS
- Set aside 1 cup of chopped cucumber for a garnish. Soak the bread in water until soft, about 2 minutes. Place soaked bread, the rest of the cucumber, garlic, 3 of the scallions, vinegar, lemon juice, 1/4 cup of the almonds, salt and 3 tablespoons of olive oil in the bowl of a food processor and process until cucumbers are completely blended and liquid and almonds are almost completely invisible, about 1 to 2 minutes. Season with additional salt and vinegar, if desired.
- To serve, ladle 1 cup gazpacho into a bowl. Mound 1/4 cup reserved chopped cucumber, 1 tablespoon scallions, 2 tablespoons grapes and 1 teaspoon almonds in the center of the soup.
WHITE CUCUMBER GAZPACHO
Served cold, this refreshing soup can be served as a light lunch on a hot day or as a first course for a special summertime dinner party.
Provided by Brandess
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Clean and peel cucumbers, chopping them into chunks. If desired, English cucumbers can be substituted for common cucumbers.
- Chop garlic and sweet onion into pieces. Place garlic, onions, cucumbers, and 1/2 cup of chicken stock into a food processor or blender. Blend until somewhat smooth in texture with some chunks of cucumber remaining or blend to consistency desired. Place blended ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add yogurt, remaining chicken stock, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to combined ingredients in bowl and whisk all contents together until well blended. Season to taste. Add more chicken broth if necessary to achieve desired consistency.
- Pour soup into a tightly covered container and place in refrigerator to chill for several hours or overnight.
- Serve cold. You may choose to garnish with fresh herbs such as parsley, cilantro or basil. Sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese or any other hard cheese desired, such as sharp cheddar.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread almonds on a cookie sheet, and bake until lightly toasted, about 15 minutes. Cool.
- In a food processor or blender, blend almonds and garlic into a uniformly fine, gritty paste.
- In a small bowl, moisten the bread in 1/4 cup water and squeeze dry. Add to the almond-garlic mix, and blend. Add 4 cups stock or water, olive oil, vinegar and salt. Blend until smooth. If a fine texture is desired, strain through a medium-fine sieve. Cover and chill 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, taste for salt and stir in grapes. Ladle into bowls and scatter croutons on top.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 336, UnsaturatedFat 20 grams, Carbohydrate 22 grams, Fat 24 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 11 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 505 milligrams, Sugar 8 grams, TransFat 0 grams
- Working in batches, place 1 1/2 cups almonds, garlic, shallot, 2 cups cucumber, 2 cups grapes, 1 tablespoon dill, stock, oil, vinegar, and sherry in the jar of a blender, puree until smooth, about 1 minute. Chill for 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- Place equal amounts chopped almonds, cucumber balls, sliced grapes, and remaining 2 tablespoons dill in 6 to 8 chilled, individual bowls. Pour soup over the garnishes, and serve.
- 1. Lightly toast 5 slices of bread. Remove the crusts then set the bread aside to soften in 1 cup of water. Lightly toast the almonds in a small skillet over medium-low heat until golden, about 7 minutes. Transfer the almonds to a food processor add the garlic and pulse until the almonds are finely ground. Squeeze the bread as dry as possible and add it, and about one-third of the grapes to the almonds. Process until the mixture is smooth.
- 2. Transfer the bread mixture to a bowl and gradually beat in first the vinegar, then 1/2 cup of the oil. Beat in the remaining two cups of water then strain the gazpacho through a fine sieve, forcing as much of the bread mixture through as possible. Season the gazpacho with salt and a pinch of cayenne and refrigerate until the soup is well chilled, at least one hour.
- 3. Before serving cut the remaining 3 slices of bread into 1-inch cubes. Fry the croutons over medium heat in the remaining 1/4 cup of oil until crisp and golden. Drain on paper towels. Cut the remaining grapes in halves or quarters. Serve the gazpacho in chilled bowls topped with the grapes, cucumbers, and croutons.
- Make croutons: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl toss bread cubes with oil and salt to taste and spread on a small baking sheet. Bake cubes in middle of oven until golden and crisp, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Make gazpacho: Drain soaked bread and squeeze out water. In a blender blend bread with remaining ingredients until smooth. Season gazpacho with salt and pepper and transfer to a metal bowl set in a larger bowl of ice and cold water. Stir gazpacho occasionally until chilled, about 10 minutes. Serve gazpacho topped with croutons.
More about "white gazpacho recipes"
WHITE GAZPACHO RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Estimated Reading Time 1 min See details »
WHITE GAZPACHO RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
See details »
WHITE GAZPACHO WITH GRAPES (AJO BLANCO CON UVAS) RECIPE ...
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 6 minsCategory VEGETARIAN, SOUPS, APPETIZERSTotal Time 25 mins
- Soak the bread in enough water to cover until it is softened. Squeeze out the water and place the bread in a food processor or blender with the almonds and garlic. Pulse until the almonds are finely ground.
- With the motor running, add the oil in a slow stream, then the vinegar and salt. Blend in some of the 2 cups water, then pour the mixture into a pitcher and add remaining water. This makes about 4 1/2 cups gazpacho.
- Serve immediately or chill until serving time. Stir before serving. Serve the gazpacho in small bowls with grapes.
WHITE GAZPACHO - THE DELICIOUS SPANISH GARLIC SOUP
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Soak the bread in water in a large bowl. To get the soup as white as possible you can use white bread and separate the middle from the crust after it’s soaked. For whitest results, only use the middle.
- Add the almonds and garlic to a food processor or blender with a few tablespoons of water and blend well.
- Add the bread, olive oil, white vinegar and any water that’s left. Add salt to taste and blend until smooth.
- Ideally cool the soup in the fridge for a couple of hours. Serve, adding a handful of grapes to each bowl.
DINING WITH THE DOC: WHITE GAZPACHO - THE FOODIE PHYSICIAN
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Place the almonds and garlic in a blender and puree until finely ground. Add the shallot, cucumber, grapes, oil, vinegar, salt and softened bread to the blender along with the remaining 1 cup water. Puree until smooth. Taste and adjust salt as needed. Add more water to the soup as needed to achieve desired consistency. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Serve in bowls or glasses and garnish with sliced grapes, almonds and chives or scallions if desired.
WHITE GAZPACHO RECIPE | EATINGWELL
- Dice enough unpeeled cucumber to equal 1/2 cup and slice enough grapes to equal 1/2 cup; cover and refrigerate.
- Peel the remaining cucumbers; cut into chunks. Working in two batches, puree the peeled cucumber, the remaining grapes, bread, broth, melon, 6 tablespoons almonds, garlic, oil, vinegar and salt in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl, cover and refrigerate until chilled,
HERBY WHITE GAZPACHO RECIPE | EATINGWELL
- Combine 3 cups cucumber, melon (or grapes), 1 1/4 cups almonds, broth, juice, shallot, 1 1/2 tablespoons mint and 3 teaspoons dill in a blender. Pulse until you get a coarse paste, then process until very smooth. With the motor running, slowly add oil. Add vinegar, salt and pepper; process on high for 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl, cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.
- Just before serving, chop the remaining 1/4 cup almonds and combine in a small bowl with the remaining 1/2 cup cucumber, 1 1/2 teaspoons mint and 1 teaspoon dill; mix well. Serve the gazpacho topped with the cucumber mixture.
WHITE GAZPACHO "AJO BLANCO" RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
- Combine cucumbers, grapes, bread, almonds, garlic, and 1 1/2 tsp. salt in a large bowl (the salt helps draw out naturally existing water from ingredients). Cover and let marinate in refrigerator for at least 12 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Transfer cucumber mixture with any accumulated juices to a blender and purée until very smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl. Vigorously whisk in yogurt, olive oil, vinegar, verjus, almond oil (if using), and honey until smooth. Chill until cold, about 30 minutes. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Toss bread with 1 Tbsp. oil; season with salt. Scatter bread over a small rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake bread cubes until golden brown, 7–8 minutes; let cool. Do ahead: Croutons can be made 1 day ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
WHITE GAZPACHO RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a small bowl, soak the bread in the grape juice for 5 minutes, pressing to soften.
- Spread the almonds in a pie plate and toast for 6 minutes, until lightly golden; let cool. Transfer 1 cup of the almonds to a blender. Add the bread, cucumber, apple, grapes, garlic, vinegar and 1/4 cup of olive oil. Puree until smooth. Strain the soup through a sieve into a bowl, pressing on the solids. Whisk in the buttermilk and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 30 minutes.
- Pour the gazpacho into cups and garnish with the mint and remaining 1/4 cup of almonds. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
WHITE GAZPACHO WITH SHRIMP RECIPE - TERRANCE BRENNAN ...
- Fill a large bowl with ice and water. In another bowl, combine the bread, almonds, grapes, cucumber and garlic with the water, oil and vinegar. Working in batches, puree the mixture in a blender, then strain through a fine sieve into a large bowl set in the ice bath. Stir the soup until chilled; season with salt and cayenne. Reserve the ice bath.
- In a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the shrimp until opaque, about 2 minutes. Drain and refresh in the ice bath until chilled. Drain well, pat dry and cut into quarters crosswise.
WHITE GAZPACHO RECIPE - JOY MANNING | FOOD & WINE
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the cauliflower until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water until cool and drain well.
- In a blender, combine 1 1/2 cups of cold water with the cooked cauliflower, bread, pine nuts, chopped garlic, sherry vinegar, chopped shallot, 1 cup of the slivered almonds and the coarsely chopped cucumber; blend until smooth. Add the olive oil and pulse just until incorporated. If necessary, add more water to thin the gazpacho. Season the soup with salt and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the remaining 1/4 cup of slivered almonds in a pie plate and toast for about 6 minutes, until fragrant and lightly golden. Ladle the gazpacho into bowls. Garnish the soup with the toasted almonds and the finely diced cucumber and serve.
WHITE GAZPACHO RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
- Place almonds, minced garlic, minced shallot, cucumber, grapes, dill weed, and broth in a blender. Puree until very smooth.
- While blender is running, add the sherry vinegar and dry sherry. Drizzle in the olive oil. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
WHITE GAZPACHO: THE COLD CUCUMBER SOUP WE CAN'T STOP ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
WHITE GAZPACHO | THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
Servings 4Total Time 2 hrs 10 mins See details »
WHITE GAZPACHO RECIPE - GWEN'S NEST
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins See details »
WHITE GAZPACHO | RECIPE | WHITE GAZPACHO RECIPE, GAZPACHO ...
See details »
BEST WHITE GAZPACHO RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE AJO BLANCO
See details »
WHITE GAZPACHO RECIPE - CHILLED SUMMER VEGETABLE SOUP ...
See details »
WHITE GAZPACHO RECIPE | MYRECIPES
See details »
#time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #appetizers #soups-stews #dietary #presentation #served-cold #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions