BUTTER PECAN CAKE
The best butter pecan cake recipe! It's brimming with a rich buttery flavor and swirled with plenty of pecans. It's moist and sweet and a perfectly tempting cake fit for any occasion!
Provided by Jaclyn
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven, prepare cake pans: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and line 3 9-inch round cake pans with parchment paper, butter parchment paper and lightly dust pans with flour shaking out excess. Set pans aside.
- Saute pecans in butter: Melt 3 Tbsp butter in a skillet over medium heat. Once melted add pecans and cook until slightly browned and fragrant, tossing frequently, about 4 minutes. Pour and spread onto a sheet of parchment paper or a baking sheet. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Mix liquids together: stir together buttermilk and milk, set aside.
- Whisk dry ingredients: In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt for 20 seconds, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar, then eggs and vanilla: In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment whip together butter and sugar until very pale and fluffy. Mix in eggs one at a time adding in vanilla with last egg.
- Mix in flour alternating with milk mixture: Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix on low speed just until combined, then add in 1/2 of the buttermilk mixture and mix just until combined then repeat process once more. Finish by mixing in remaining 1/3 of the flour mixture and mix just until nearly combined.
- Fold in pecans: Remove bowl from stand mixer and fold in pecans (fold batter until there's not longer streaks in the batter). Divide batter evenly among prepared baking pans.
- Bake until set: Bake in preheated oven 23 - 28 minutes until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in cake pans 10 minutes.
- Let cake cool completely on wire rack: Run a knife around edges of cake to ensure the are loosened and invert onto wire racks to cool completely. Once cool frost with cream cheese frosting and top with pecans.
- For the cream cheese frosting: In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment whip together butter and cream cheese until smooth. Mix in vanilla and powdered sugar and blend until smooth and fluffy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 689 kcal, Carbohydrate 77 g, Protein 6 g, Fat 40 g, SaturatedFat 19 g, Cholesterol 118 mg, Sodium 284 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 56 g, ServingSize 1 serving
TOASTED BUTTER PECAN CAKE
A delicious butter pecan cake made from scratch. This is a cake that can be served anytime.
Provided by Carol
Categories Desserts Nut Dessert Recipes Pecan Dessert Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Grease and flour the bottoms of three 9 inch layer pans. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt 1/4 cup butter or margarine in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add pecans, and brown for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Cream 1 cup butter or margarine in large mixing bowl. Gradually add 2 cups white sugar, and cream until light and fluffy with mixer on high speed. Blend in eggs one at a time, beating well on medium speed after each addition. Sift together flour, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. At low speed add sifted ingredients alternately with milk and vanilla extract, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Blend well after each addition. Stir in 1 1/3 cups of the toasted pecans. Pour batter into pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes, until cake is golden brown and springs back when lightly touched in center.
- To Make Frosting: Cream 1/4 cup butter in mixing bowl. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/4 teaspoon salt, confectioners' sugar and cream. Beat until smooth and of spreading consistency. If necessary, thin with additional cream. Blend remaining 2/3 cup pecans into frosting. Fill and frost the cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 268.7 calories, Carbohydrate 34.3 g, Cholesterol 46.1 mg, Fat 14.1 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 2.7 g, SaturatedFat 6.3 g, Sodium 142.2 mg, Sugar 25.4 g
TOASTED BUTTER PECAN CAKE
If you like butter pecan ice cream, you'll love this cake. Loads of nuts are folded into the batter, and more are sprinkled over the delectable frosting. -Phyllis Edwards, Fort Valley, Georgia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small heavy skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add pecans; cook until toasted, about 4 minutes. Cool., Cream sugar and remaining butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Beat just until combined. Fold in 2 cups pecans, reserving remainder., Spread batter evenly into three greased and waxed paper-lined 9-in. round pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely., For frosting, beat cream cheese, butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 786 calories, Fat 43g fat (19g saturated fat), Cholesterol 130mg cholesterol, Sodium 351mg sodium, Carbohydrate 96g carbohydrate (72g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
PECAN CREAM POUND CAKE WITH THE BEST PECAN CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
A decadent Southern pound cake recipe made with sour cream and pecans topped with an ultra creamy pecan-studded cream cheese frosting that will have folks begging for the recipe!
Provided by Mandy Rivers | South Your Mouth
Categories desserts, cakes, frosting
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Bring all ingredients to room temperature. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan; set aside.
- "Creaming" is a very important step in most cakes, especially pound cakes, so take care to follow these instructions carefully: In a large bowl or stand mixer beat butter at medium speed for 1 minute. Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed, until light, fluffy and
- very pale yellow in color (about 5 minutes). When the mixture has almost doubled in size,
- everything's been properly creamed.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl; set aside.
- Combine sour cream, half-and-half and extracts then mix well; set aside.
- Alternately add flour mixture and sour cream mixture to mixing bowl with butter/sugar, mixing at low speed until combined, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 15-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan, then invert onto a serving plate. Frost with THE BEST Pecan Cream Cheese Frosting. Cover and refrigerate up to 4-5 days. Allow cake to come to room temperature before serving for best results.
- OPTIONAL but completely, totally and absolutely worth it: Toast pecans in a large skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant and slightly browned. Remove pecans from skillet to cool completely.
- Allow cream cheese and butter to come to room temperature and soften.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until creamy and well combined.
- Add vanilla extract, salt and powdered sugar then continue mixing on low speed until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in pecans.
- Frost cake then refrigerate to store. Allow frosted cake to set out a few hours before serving if possible for the best taste!
TOASTED BUTTER PECAN CAKE RECIPE - (4.5/5)
Provided by á-20635
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour three 9″ round cake pans. In a medium heavy skillet, melt ¼ butter over medium heat. Add pecans; cook until toasted and fragrant, about 4 minutes. Spread across sheet of foil to cool. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine; set aside. In a separate large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with the flour (flour in 3 parts, milk in 2). Fold in toasted pecans. Divide between cake pans and bake 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack before removing from pans. Cool completely. FOR FROSTING: In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla. Beat in enough milk, as necessary, to achieve spreading consistency. Frost cake. Store in refrigerator. Notes You may not need to add any milk to the frosting if it is already soft enough. NOTE: I had barely enough frosting to cover a 3 layer cake with the recipe. Consider making 1½ times the given frosting recipe, especially if piping. NOTE: The cake batter itself seems to be based off the old-fashioned 1-2-3-4 cake (1 cup butter, 2 cups sugar, 3 cups flour, and 4 eggs). That is if you don't count the extra ¼ cup of butter used to toast the nuts. I wasn't completely impressed with it, but I didn't think it was bad (a tad dry). I will say though, if you have a favorite white or yellow cake recipe, you should use that instead and then follow the same step for making the toasted butter pecans, add them in, and absolutely use this frosting recipe. If you want to use your own TWO layer recipe instead of a three, then you'll need to use less pecans, maybe just 1¼ cups would be perfect.
BUTTER PECAN POUND CAKE
Butter Pecan Pound Cake - only 5 ingredients! Butter pecan cake mix, water, oil, eggs and a can of coconut pecan frosting. I couldn't believe how delicious this cake tasted. Can make a few days in advance and store in an air-tight container. Great for your holiday meal! #cake #bundtcake #dessert #thanksgiving #christmas
Provided by Plain Chicken
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a BUNDT PAN with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine cake mix, water, oil, eggs and frosting in a large mixing bowl. Beat with a HANDHELD MIXER until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes, until cake tests done.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert pan onto a wire rack and cool completely.
TOASTED BUTTER PECAN CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE
I made this cake for a recent Reunion. Every one wanted to have a taste. It did not disappoint. It really did rise to the occasion. It was bursting with flavor from the use of 2 pounds of toasted pecans used in both the cake & frosting. The butter pecan flavoring really enhanced & elevated the flavors of the cake. The cake was...
Provided by Rose Mary Mogan
Number Of Ingredients 20
- 1. Using toasted pecans instead of fresh out of the bag, REALLY ENHANCES THE NUTTY PECAN FLAVOR. PLACE PECANS FOR BOTH THE CAKE & FROSTING ON A SHALLOW BAKING SHEET IN A SINGLE LAYER IN PREHATED 350 DEGREE OVEN AND TOAST FOR 10 TO 15 MINUTES. Remove from oven & allow to cool. LOWER OVEN TEMPERATURE TO 325 DEGREES F FOR THE CAKE.
- 2. This recipe requires a large capacity Bundt pan. Mine was 16 cup, or you may want to divide batter into 2 smaller pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. This is the Butter pecan flavoring I used.
- 3. Cream the butter, margarine and cream cheese together in mixing bowl until creamy and smooth. Add both sugars and beat until no visible grains are visible in batter. At least 10 minutes.
- 4. Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- 5. Sift flour and baking powder & butterscotch pudding into a medium size bowl. Add about 1/3 of cake flour mixture to cake batter alternately with milk, in 3 intervals, until all the flour and milk has been added to batter. Then add in the butter pecan, butter & vanilla Bean paste or extract and beat until blended together.
- 6. Prepare cake pan by spraying generously with Bakers Joy, or grease pan with butter and dust lightly with flour. Pour cake batter into cake pan, leaving at least 1 1/2 to 2 inches from top of pan.
- 7. Place in preheated 325 degree F. oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours or until tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8. Remove from oven and allow cake to sit in pan about 10 minutes then invert onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Notice how cake rose above top of cake pan.
- 9. Prepare the frosting by combining all of the frosting ingredients except the powdered sugar in a medium size bowl. Use powdered sugar only if frosting is not stiff enough to adhere to cake. When cake is completely cooled, frost cake, and garnish top of cake with additional nuts if desired.
PECAN CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE
- BEAT BUTTER AND CREAM CHEESE AT MEDIUM SPEED WITH AN ELECTRIC MIXER UNTIL CREAMY. GRADUALLY ADD SUGAR, BEATING UNTIL LIGHT AND FLUFFY. ADD EGGS, ONE AT A TIME, BEATING JUST UNTIL BLENDED AFTER EACH ADDITION. COMBINE FLOUR AND SALT; GRADUALLY ADD TO BUTTER MIXTURE, BEATING AT LOW SPEED JUST UNTIL BLENDED. STIR IN VANILLA. ADD APPROXIMATELY 1/2 TO 1 CUP NUTS TO BATTER. ADD CHOPPED, TOASTED NUTS TO GREASED PAN. I COAT THE PAN WITH NUTS ON THE BOTTOM AND SIDES. SPOON BATTER INTO GREASED AND FLOURED 10-INCH TUBE OR BUNDT PAN. BAKE AT 300 DEGREES FOR 1 HOUR AND 45 MINUTES OR UNTIL A LONG WOODEN PICK INSERTED IN CENTER COMES OUT CLEAN. COOL IN PAN ON WIRE RACK 15 MINUTES; REMOVE FROM PAN AND LET COOL COMPLETELY ON WIRE RACK. YOU CAN DELETE ALL THE NUTS IF YOU JUST WANT A PLAIN CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE.
More about "toasted butter pecan cream cheese pound cake recipes"
SOUTHERN BUTTER PECAN POUND CAKE > CALL ME PMC
4.6/5 (19)Total Time 1 hr 50 minsCategory DessertCalories 546 per serving
TOASTED PECAN BUNDT CAKE WITH CARAMEL CREAM CHEESE GLAZE ...
Servings 12Estimated Reading Time 4 minsCategory Bundt Cakes
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Place the pecans on the lining in a single layer.
TOASTED BUTTER-PECAN CAKE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
5/5 (3)Calories 615 per serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F. For buttered pecans, spread pecans in a shallow baking pan; dot with the 3 Tbsp. butter. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until toasted, stirring occasionally. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, grease and lightly flour two 8-inch round cake pans. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl beat the 2/3 cup butter with a mixer on medium to high 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, beating on medium until well combined. Scrape sides of bowl; beat 2 minutes more. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Add flour mixture and milk alternately, beating on low after each addition just until combined. Beat on medium to high 20 seconds more. Fold in 1 cup of the buttered pecans. Spread batter evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool cake layers in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove layers from pans; cool on wire racks. Frost with Vanilla Frosting. Decorate with remaining buttered pecans.
TOASTED BUTTER PECAN CAKE - MAMA NEEDS CAKE®
4.5/5 (21)Total Time 40 minsCategory DessertCalories 761 per serving
MY STORY IN RECIPES: TOASTED BUTTER PECAN CAKE
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
BUTTER PECAN CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE | CRAFTYBAKING ...
PECAN CREAM POUND CAKE WITH THE BEST PECAN CREAM …
10 BEST BUTTER PECAN POUND CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
PECAN CREAM CAKE - SAVEUR
SOUTHERN PECAN POUND CAKE RECIPE | THEBAKINGPAN.COM
BUTTER PECAN CAKE RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
Cuisine AmericanCategory CakesServings 18Total Time 2 hrs 55 mins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and line 3 9-inch round cake pans with parchment paper, butter parchment paper and lightly dust pans with flour shaking out excess. Set pans aside.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add the pecans and cook for about 4 minutes until slightly browned and fragrant, tossing frequently.
BUTTER-PECAN FROSTING RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 4Total Time 1 hr 18 mins
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pecans, and cook, stirring constantly, 10 minutes or until pecans are toasted. Remove from heat. Cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Stir in buttered pecans and vanilla. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
CREAM CHEESE-COCONUT-PECAN POUND CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 10-12Total Time 1 hr 55 mins
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until the yellow disappears.
- Sift together 3 cups flour and 1/2 tsp. salt; add to butter mixture alternately with bourbon, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat batter at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla, toasted pecans, and shredded coconut. Pour batter into a greased and floured 12-cup tube pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 30 minutes to 1 hour and 35 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool completely on wire rack.
TOASTED BUTTER PECAN CAKE | RECIPE | BUTTER PECAN CAKE ...
4.5/5 (25)Total Time 50 minsServings 16
TOASTED BUTTER PECAN CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE RECIPES
BUTTER PECAN CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE | CRAFTYBAKING ...
PECAN CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE RECIPES
BUTTER RUM PECAN POUND CAKE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
GEORGIA PECAN CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE - GEORGIA PECANS
COSTCO BUTTER POUND CAKE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love