OVEN ROASTED TOMATO AND MOZZARELLA FRITTATA
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking pan with foil.
- Toss the tomatoes with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, the dried basil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Arrange the tomatoes on the prepared baking pan cut-side up and roast until they are slightly shrunken and caramelized, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool slightly, then remove the skins and cut each tomato in half lengthwise.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk the eggs, half-and-half and 1 teaspoon salt together in a bowl. Heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Grate the garlic over the oil and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the eggs and distribute the tomatoes and the mozzarella evenly. Cook on the stove until the bottom and edges are just starting to set, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until just set in the center, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let stand at least 5 minutes. The frittata can be served warm or at room temperature.
TOMATO, GARLIC, AND POTATO FRITTATA
- Whisk together whole eggs, whites, 1/4 cup parmesan, basil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in large bowl.
- Preheat broiler.
- Cook garlic in 1 tablespoon oil in a 10-inch heavy skillet (preferably nonstick and ovenproof) over moderate heat, stirring, until golden, about 1 minute. Transfer garlic with a slotted spoon to a bowl.
- Add potatoes to skillet and sautéover moderately high heat, stirring, until just tender, about 6 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to bowl with garlic.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and tomatoes to skillet and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until tomatoes brown and skins split, about 4 minutes.
- Add remaining tablespoon oil and potatoes with garlic to skillet, spreading evenly, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Pour egg over vegetables and cook over moderately high heat, lifting up cooked egg around edges to let uncooked egg flow underneath, 3 minutes. Reduce heat to moderate and cook, covered, 5 minutes more (center will be moist).
- Remove lid and broil frittata 5 to 7 inches from heat until set, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle top evenly with remaining 1/4 cup parmesan, then broil until cheese melts and frittata is golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Slide onto a platter and cut into 4 wedges.
SPINACH AND POTATO FRITTATA
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Place potatoes in the skillet, cover, and cook about 10 minutes, until tender but firm. Mix in spinach, green onions, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes, until spinach is wilted.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs and milk. Pour into the skillet over the vegetables. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until eggs are firm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 281.3 calories, Carbohydrate 28.7 g, Cholesterol 197 mg, Fat 13.1 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 12.5 g, SaturatedFat 4.4 g, Sodium 175.4 mg, Sugar 3.1 g
VEGETABLE FRITTATA WITH ROASTED POTATOES AND GARLIC
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, with racks in upper and middle thirds. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss potatoes and garlic with 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on sheet and roast on middle rack until potatoes are golden and crisp, about 25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and sour cream and season with salt and pepper. In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium. Add onion and green beans and cook, stirring occasionally, until beans are tender, about 10 minutes. Add broccoli and tomato, and season with salt and pepper. Add egg mixture and stir to combine. Sprinkle with Parmesan and cook, undisturbed, until edge is set, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to upper rack in oven and bake until slightly puffed and almost set, about 8 minutes. Heat broiler and broil until cheese is browned and bubbling, about 1 minute. Run a rubber spatula around edge of frittata and transfer to a plate. Cut into wedges and serve with potatoes and garlic.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 500 g, Fat 30 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 30 g, SaturatedFat 13 g
POTATO AND VEGETABLE FRITTATA
This is an easy and filling supper dish, good with cooked greens or a tossed salad and some sprouted grain bread. Almost any vegetables can go into the mix; just make sure they're all cut up before you begin, and add the longest cooking ones first.
Provided by PSPINRAD
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the broiler on your oven.
- In a frying pan with an ovenproof handle heat the oil and saute onion, garlic and green bell pepper over a low heat. Saute until vegetables are just tender but not browned. Add the zucchini and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender. Add the potatoes, stir well to combine, and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the potatoes are heated through and starting to stick to the pan.
- Then add the tomatoes and black olives, stirring well to combine with the other ingredients, and cook just until the tomatoes have begun giving up their juice.
- Beat the eggs with the salt, pepper, oregano, and cayenne. When all the vegetables are cooked, pour the eggs over them
- Arrange the tomato slices over the top of the eggs, and sprinkle the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses over the tomato slices. Cook gently over low heat until the eggs are almost set (they'll be firm around the edges and a bit runny in the middle).
- Slip the pan under the broiler for a minute or two, until the eggs are fully set and the cheese has melted and begun to brown. Cut into wedges and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 454.5 calories, Carbohydrate 44.5 g, Cholesterol 394.1 mg, Fat 20.6 g, Fiber 6.7 g, Protein 26 g, SaturatedFat 7.7 g, Sodium 517.3 mg, Sugar 9.5 g
You say tomato, I say Frittata. Tomatoes are so good for you. I found this recipe in a WebMD magazine at my Dr's office.
Provided by Barb G.
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a 9-inch non-stick skillet, cook the onion and bell pepper with salt and pepper to taste in 2 teaspoons of olive oil over medium heat, stirring often, until onion and pepper is tender, about 3 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat or whisk together the eggs, egg substitute, and cheese; add the bell pepper mixture and whisk together until well combined.
- Spray the 9-inch skillet with cooking spray ,start heating the skillet again over mediun heat until hot and quickly pour in the egg mixture, distributing the bell pepper and onion evenly.
- While it begins to cook, arrange tomato slices decoratively on the top, then sprinkle the 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning on top; Cover skillet and cook( WITHOUT stirring) for about 6 minutes, or until the frittata is set and the bottom is nicely brown.
- If desired, broil the frittata under a preheated broiler, about 4-inches from the heat, for 2 minutes to lightly brown the top; let cool in skillet for 5 minutes; slide the frittata onto a serving plate, cut into wedges and serve it warm or at room temperature.
TOMATO AND BASIL FRITTATA
I first saw this on the Two Fat Ladies cooking show. I don't know if this is exactly how they made it, but this is our version.
Provided by Mirj2338
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small nonstick skillet (I use 8-inch), over medium heat, sauté the onions until translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add basil and cook 2 more minutes.
- Place in a bowl and let cool slightly.
- Clean out the pan and spray with nonstick spray.
- Beat the eggs the water and 3 tablespoons Parmesan until a little foamy and pour into the nonstick skillet.
- Pour the veggie mixture into the eggs and mix it up a bit.
- Cook over low heat, without stirring, about 10-15 minutes until the eggs are set- it will still be a bit runny on top.
- While eggs are cooking, heat up your broiler and after eggs have set, sprinkle remaining Parmesan over the top and broil until bubbly and lightly brown.
- Great for weekend brunch!
- This serves 2 hungry folk or 4 not so hungry folk.
More about "tomato garlic and potato frittata recipes"
POTATO TOMATO FRITTATA | COOK FOR YOUR LIFE
4/5 (7)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory MainsCalories 1405 per serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together whole eggs, egg whites, ½ the Parmesan cheese, basil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Preheat the broiler.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a 10-inch heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring until golden, about 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the garlic to a bowl. Set aside.
- Add potatoes to skillet and sauté over medium-high heat, stirring until just tender, about 6 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to the bowl containing the garlic. Set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and tomatoes to skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until tomatoes brown and skins split, about 4 minutes.
AUTHENTIC ITALIAN POTATO FRITTATA - THE PETITE COOK™
POTATO FRITTATA - PACE FOODS
TOMATO FRITTATA RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
ONION, TOMATO, GARLIC, AND POTATO FRITTATA RECIPE
POTATO FRITTATA | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
TOMATO AND GREEN ONION FRITTATA | CANADIAN LIVING
HERBY POTATO FRITTATA RECIPE (BAKED OMELET) - THE MEDITERRANEAN …
TOMATO AND GARLIC FRITTATA | RECIPE
TOMATO, GARLIC, AND POTATO FRITTATA — EATWELL FARM
CALORIES IN ONION, TOMATO, GARLIC, AND POTATO FRITTATA
TOMATO, GARLIC, AND POTATO FRITTATA RECIPE | YUMMLY
TOMATO, GARLIC, AND POTATO FRITTATA RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM | POTATO ...
SEARCH RESULTS FOR 'TOMATO GARLIC AND POTATO FRITTATA'
TOMATO GARLIC AND POTATO FRITTATA - COOKEATSHARE
GARLIC AND TOMATO FRITTATA | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL RECIPE BOX
VEGETABLE FRITTATA WITH SPINACH AND POTATO | MEANINGFUL EATS
POTATO, HAM AND TOMATO FRITTATA - DELICIOUS MEETS HEALTHY
ARABIC TOMATO FRITTATA RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
HAM SPINACH POTATO FRITTATA - THERESCIPES.INFO
BAKED FRITTATA WITH POTATOES, MUSHROOMS, TOMATOES & GOAT CHEESE
POTATO FRITTATA WITH ARUGULA AND TOMATOES RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
POTATO FRITTATA WITH PROSCIUTTO AND GRUYèRE RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
POTATO AND CHERRY TOMATO FRITTATA | AN EASY FRITTATA RECIPE TO TRY
SAVORY FRITTATA WITH POTATO, SHIITAKE, AND GARLIC SCAPES
TOMATO, GARLIC, AND POTATO FRITTATA - EVERYBODYLOVESITALIAN.COM
POTATO AND ONION FRITTATA - LIVING THE GOURMET - RECIPES
TOMATO, GARLIC, AND POTATO FRITTATA RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
TUSCAN POTATOES WITH TOMATOES - THERESCIPES.INFO
TOMATO AND ONION FRITTATA RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
You'll also love