- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In mixing bowl, cream butter. Add flour and sugar; mix just to combine (chill 10 minutes if too soft).
- Pat into an 8-inch round cake pan; crimping edge with a floured fork. Bake until firm and slightly browned, 30 to 35 minutes (drape with foil if browning too quickly). Immediately score into eight wedges; cool completely. Turn out of pan; slice with a serrated knife.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 178 g, Fat 12 g, Protein 2 g
TRADITIONAL SHORTBREAD WEDGES
While these tender-crisp, butter-rich cookies were once associated mainly with the holiday season, they are now a year-round favorite.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 8
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Sift together flour, sugar, and salt into a bowl. Place butter into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium-high speed until fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl. Gradually add flour mixture; beat until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees, with rack in upper third.
- Using plastic wrap, press dough into a buttered 10-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. With plastic on dough, refrigerate 20 minutes. Remove plastic wrap. Cut dough into eight wedges with a paring knife. Using a wooden skewer, prick all over at 1/4-inch intervals.
- Bake until golden brown and firm in center, about 1 hour. Transfer pan to a wire rack. Recut shortbread into wedges; let cool completely in pan. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 weeks.
BUTTER SHORTBREAD WEDGES
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Lightly grease an 8-inch cake round cake pan In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and two sugars until fluffy Sift the flour and salt into the butter and sugar mixture.
- Add the extract and water mixture and bring everything together to form a soft dough Press the dough out evenly in the pan.
- Prick the dough well and score into 8 triangles with a knife.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the cookie is pale golden and crisp.
- Sprinkle with the extra sugar, then cut along the marked lines to make the fantails. Leave the shortbread in the pan to cool before cutting and removing from the pan Store in an air tight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 241.8, Fat 11.8, SaturatedFat 7.3, Cholesterol 30.5, Sodium 155.1, Carbohydrate 30.6, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 6.8, Protein 3.4
This is a compilation of several Shortbread recipes I have from British cookbooks. I have been to England three times and REAL shortbread is a favorite. It should use real butter and not be TOO sweet.
Provided by Norita Solt
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with greaseproof (parchment) paper. Sift the flour and rice flour into a medium mixing bowl. Add the sugar and mix.
- Cut butter into pieces and rub into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture begins to bind together. Knead into soft dough.
- Roll the dough into an 8 inch round (or for exact round, mold it in an 8 inch cake pan). Place on baking sheet. Using a fork, prick top and make tine marks along edge. Using a table knife, score top with wedge marks. (This is where it will break when cooled)
- Bake 45 minutes or until pale golden in color. Sprinkle a little superfine sugar over top and cool on baking sheet. Cut into wedges. Keeps for weeks in airtight tin.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 275.8 calories, Carbohydrate 31.3 g, Cholesterol 40.7 mg, Fat 15.7 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 2.8 g, SaturatedFat 9.8 g, Sodium 2.5 mg, Sugar 8.4 g
HAWAIIAN SHORTBREAD WEDGES
Studded with macadamia nuts, dried mango and shredded coconut, these delicious tropical treats are ideal for giving as gifts or enjoying at the end of a luau feast. From Williams-Sonoma Holiday Baking.
Provided by skat5762
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Position a rack in the middle of an oven and preheat to 325-degrees (165C).
- On a baking sheet, mix together the coconut and macadamia nuts.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, until lightly toasted, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool- leave oven set at 325-degrees (165C).
- In a bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat the butter until fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Add the sugar and beat, stopping once or twice to scrape the sugar to the center of the bowl with a rubber spatula, until light, about 1 minute.
- Beat in the egg yolk, vanilla and salt.
- On low speed, beat in the flour and then the coconut mixture and the mango to form a soft dough.
- Divide the dough in half and press each half into a round cake pan 9 inches (23 cm) in diameter.
- Using fork tines, mark each round into 8 wedges.
- Bake until the shortbread is golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the pans to a rack and, using the marks as guides, cut into wedges.
- Let cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temp up to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 188.7, Fat 12.9, SaturatedFat 6.3, Cholesterol 27.1, Sodium 53.4, Carbohydrate 17.3, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 8.4, Protein 1.9
More about "traditional shortbread wedges recipes"
SHORTBREAD WEDGES RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
3.7/5 (131)Total Time 1 hr 50 minsServings 12Calories 139 per serving
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce speed to low and gradually add the flour and salt, mixing just until incorporated.
- With floured fingers, press the dough into an 8-inch round cake pan. Cut the dough into 12 wedges and prick all over with a toothpick.
- Sprinkle the dough with the sanding sugar and bake until golden and firm, 35 to 40 minutes. When cool enough to handle, turn the shortbread out of the pan and use a serrated knife to recut along the lines. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Note: Total Time includes cooling time.
BEST TRADITIONAL SHORTBREAD RECIPE (EVER!) • THE FRESH COOKY
TRADITIONAL SCOTTISH SHORTBREAD - THE DARING GOURMET
TRADITIONAL SHORTBREAD | STAY AT HOME MUM
SCOTTISH SHORTBREAD - ONCE UPON A CHEF
TRADITIONAL SHORTBREAD COOKIE RECIPE - CHATELAINE.COM
TRADITIONAL SHORTBREAD RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
TRADITIONAL ALL-BUTTER SCOTTISH SHORTBREAD RECIPE
Ratings 327Calories 275 per servingCategory Dessert
SHORTBREAD WEDGES RECIPES | DESSERT RECIPES | PBS FOOD
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
GINGER-CRANBERRY SHORTBREAD WEDGES - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
TRADITIONAL SHORTBREAD WEDGES | RECIPE | RICH COOKIE, TENDERS, …
TRADITIONAL SHORTBREAD WEDGES RECIPE &AMP; VIDEO | MARTHA …
THE BEST BUTTERY SHORTBREAD RECIPES THAT’LL MELT IN YOUR MOUTH
THE BEST EASY SHORTBREAD RECIPE - IT'S ALWAYS AUTUMN
SHORTBREAD WEDGES RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
TRADITIONAL SHORTBREAD RECIPE - STEAM & BAKE
SHORTBREAD WEDGES RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
TRADITIONAL SHORTBREAD WEDGES RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CLASSIC SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
TRADITIONAL SHORTBREAD WEDGES | RECIPE | FOOD, RECIPES, MARTHA …
SHORTBREAD WEDGES ARCHIVES – BAKER RECIPES®
CLASSIC SCOTTISH SHORTBREAD - KING ARTHUR BAKING
ROBINHOOD | TRADITIONAL SHORTBREAD
SHORTBREAD WEDGES RECIPE | RECIPELAND
THIS RECIPE FOR TRADITIONAL SHORTBREAD COOKIES IS SUPER EASY - KITCHN
TRADITIONAL SHORTBREAD - GRANDPARENTS DAY MAGAZINE
SHORTBREAD | KING ARTHUR BAKING
CANDY CANE SHORTBREAD WEDGES - CANADIAN LIVING
TRADITIONAL SHORTBREAD WEDGES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
RECIPES > BAKED GOODS > HOW TO MAKE SHORTBREAD WEDGES
TRADITIONAL SHORTBREAD WEDGES | RECIPE | WEDGES RECIPE, …
COOKIES | RECIPES | ROBIN HOOD®
SHORTBREAD WEDGES RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
TRADITIONAL SHORTBREAD WEDGES RECIPE | COOKBOOK CREATE
MARTHA BAKES: SHORTBREAD RECIPES | PBS FOOD
SHORTBREAD WEDGE COOKIES (NO DOUGH CHILLING!)
SIMPLE SHORTBREAD RECIPE | COLES
TRADITIONAL SHORTBREAD WEDGES | RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART, …
BROWN SUGAR SHORTBREAD RECIPE - GOOD THINGS BAKING CO
THIS MONTH'S RECIPES | ANNA OLSON
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make shortbread wedges?To make shortbread wedges, you will need a 9 inch springform pan. Spray it with nonstick spray. Once mixed, your shortbread dough should be crumbly. Dump it directly into the springform pan and use your hands to press it gently into the pan.
Are shortbread wedge cookies good for beginners?These shortbread wedge cookies are great for beginners because the prepwork is fairly simple and the dough comes together in just 1 bowl. The video tutorial and full printable recipe are below, but let me walk you through the basics with step photos so you know what to expect.
What is traditional shortbread?Traditional Shortbread is the melt in your mouth buttery and sweet taste sensation that I remember from when I was a kid. Try our Traditional recipe here and see what you think. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees. Line two round cake tins with baking paper.
How do you make shortbread in a food processor?You can also use a round cake can and cut the shortbread into triangles. Place the caster sugar, flour, salt and butter in a food processor and pulse until it's combined and looks like coarse breadcrumbs but is soft and pliable and comes together in a dough when you press it together between your fingers.