GREEN BEAN AND TUNA SALAD WITH BASIL DRESSING
Our idea of salad for dinner in the height of summer means minimal cooking, lots of fresh greens, and enough protein to feel filling. Here, that means quickly blanched green beans, canned white beans, parsley leaves, and Little Gem lettuce get tossed in a punchy basil dressing with oil-packed tuna and capers.
Provided by Anna Stockwell
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine shallot, vinegar, and 1 tsp. salt in a blender jar. Let sit 5-10 minutes to lightly pickle.
- Meanwhile, cook green beans in a large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain, then run under very cold water until cool to the touch.
- Add basil, oil, lemon juice, and pepper to shallot mixture and blend until mostly smooth. Pour dressing into a large bowl. Add green beans, lettuce, white beans, parsley, and capers and toss with your hands to coat. Add tuna and gently toss to combine. Transfer salad to a platter.
TUNA, GREEN BEAN & RICE CASSEROLE (GF)
This casserole is my husband's favorite. I like that it's a complete meal that's very easy to put together. It's loosley based on the recipe on the seasoned green beans can, but this version is gluten free.
Provided by Jamie B
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 1 casserole, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread the rice in the casserole dish.
- Layer with tuna and green beans.
- In a separate bowl, combine soup, milk & cheese. Pour soup mixture into casserole dish.
- Bake, covered, at 400 degrees for 35 minutes, or until rice is cooked. Let cool about 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 458.6, Fat 11.6, SaturatedFat 3.5, Cholesterol 53.3, Sodium 1122.3, Carbohydrate 53, Fiber 7.7, Sugar 4.4, Protein 36
TUNA AND GREEN BEANS WITH RICE
- Chop the onion. Drain the tuna. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add broth, beans, rice, basil and pepper. Stir to mix well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 3 minutes, until almost all liquid is absorbed and beans are tender-crisp.
- Add tuna and tomatoes to skillet. Stir gently to mix. Cover and cook 1 more minute until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 363.8, Fat 12.4, SaturatedFat 2.3, Cholesterol 35, Sodium 369.7, Carbohydrate 33.2, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 2.9, Protein 27.6
More about "tuna and green beans with rice recipes"
TUNA, BROWN RICE, SUMAC AND GREEN BEAN SALAD RECIPE | GOOD ...
Servings 4Total Time 45 minsCategory Dinner
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, lemon juice and sumac to create a dressing. Reserve 1-2 tablespoons of dressing and pour the rest over the rice while it's warm. Toss, then season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, mix beans with herbs and spring onions and reserved dressing. Scatter the bean mix over the rice, then the egg halves and pine nuts and serve.
CRISPY TUNA STEAKS WITH STIR-FRY GREEN BEANS RECIPE ...
Category 30-minute Meals
- For the green beans, in a large deep skillet, bring a few inches of water to a boil. Prepare a large bowl of ice water. Salt the boiling water and add the green beans. Cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain the green beans and add to the ice water. Let cool, then drain well.
- In a shallow dish, mix the plain breadcrumbs, panko, sesame seeds, chili powder, granulated garlic, granulated onion, and ground ginger.
10 BEST TUNA RICE AND BEANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST TUNA AND BLACK BEANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
TUNA FRIED RICE (TUNA AND RICE) - STONESOUP
3.8/5 (4)Total Time 15 minsCategory Dinner
- Heat a generous glug of oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add tuna, rice and peas and stir fry for a few minutes until everything is hot.
SOUTHWESTERN TUNA AND RICE SALAD RECIPE BY ZAREEN SYED
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 40 minsCategory SaladsCalories 333 per serving
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil and two teaspoons sauce from the can of chipotle peppers in adobo.
RICE BOWL WITH WHITE BEANS, TUNA AND BROWN RICE | MINUTE® RICE
2.9/5 (5)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 1
- Upgrade your average salad with this satisfying White Bean and Tuna Rice Salad Bowl. Ready in just minutes, it’s a complete meal that’s delicious, hearty and sure to become a favorite. Step 1
- Serve rice in a bowl topped with mixed greens, tuna, beans and celery. Drizzle with herb vinaigrette. Recipe Tip Choose your favorite flavor of tuna for this dish. Opt for plain or try a Mediterranean-style flavored tuna, such as tomato basil.
SEARED AHI TUNA WITH SESAME GREEN BEANS - JESSICA GAVIN
4.1/5 (41)Total Time 30 minsCategory EntreeCalories 323 per serving
- Remove tuna from vacuum pack and place in refrigerator to thaw, covered with plastic wrap. Allow to thaw for approximately 3 hours.
- In a medium-sized pot with about 1-inch of water in the bottom and fitted with a steamer, cover, and heat over medium-high until steam forms. Add cauliflower, carrots, garlic, and ginger. Steam for about 10 minutes or until vegetables are fork-tender.
- Heat a medium-sized pan fitted with a lid over medium-low heat. Add sesame oil and olive oil, and heat until oil is warmed but not smoking.
- Remove tuna from the refrigerator. Divide cauliflower carrot puree evenly among two bowls. Layer tuna on top. Add sesame green beans to each bowl.
TUNA GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4/5 (9)Total Time 50 minsCategory Entree, Dinner, LunchCalories 297 per serving
TUNA CREATIONS® BOLD WITH RICE & BEANS IN HOT SAUCE
Calories 110Estimated Reading Time 50 secsMonounsaturated Fat 0.5g
GUSTO TV - OLIVE AND RICE CRACKER-CRUSTED TUNA WITH ...
Servings 2Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory Appetizer
QUICK BROWN RICE WITH TUNA AND GREEN BEANS - THE ...
4/5 (1)Servings 4Is Accessible For Free TrueCalories 578 per serving
SOUTHWESTERN TUNA WITH RICE, CORN AND BLACK BEANS - WEST ...
Cuisine Tex-MexCategory Main CourseServings 6-8Total Time 40 mins
SACK LUNCH: MARK BITTMAN'S RED BEANS AND RICE
TUNA AND GREEN BEANS WITH RICE RECIPES
42 EASY AND TASTY GREEN BEAN WITH TUNA RECIPES BY HOME ...
TUNA CASSEROLE NINJA FOODI RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
TUNA AND GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE - MACMILLANPROFESIONAL.COM.MX
BROWN RICE AND CANNED TUNA RECIPES (29) - SUPERCOOK
RECIPE: TUNA AND GREEN BEANS WITH LEMON RICE (MINUTE RICE ...
QUICK BROWN RICE WITH TUNA AND GREEN BEANS
CANNED TUNA AND GREEN BEANS RECIPES (174) - SUPERCOOK
RICE BEANS AND TUNA RECIPES
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #rice #seafood #fish #dietary #one-dish-meal #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #tuna #healthy-2 #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #saltwater-fish
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make tuna and green beans casserole?Add the dried thyme, tuna, reserved juice from the tuna, celery, and green beans; mix well. Transfer the tuna and green beans to the prepared baking dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve the casserole with hot cooked rice or noodles, if desired. I don't like this at all.
How do you make tuna rice with tuna and beans?Reserve 1-2 tablespoons of dressing and pour the rest over the rice while it's warm. Toss, then season with salt and pepper. Stir tuna through the rice and transfer to a serving plate. In another bowl, mix beans with herbs and spring onions and reserved dressing. Scatter the bean mix over the rice, then the egg halves and pine nuts and serve.
How much rice do you put in a tuna casserole?For an all-in-one casserole, spread a layer of cooked rice—about 1 1/2 to 2 cups—in the prepared baking dish before you add the tuna and green bean mixture. Top the casserole off with some crumbled French fried onions if you'd like, or sprinkle about 1/2 cup of buttered breadcrumbs over the top before it goes into the oven.
How to make tuna tuna salad at home?Add basil, oil, lemon juice, and pepper to shallot mixture and blend until mostly smooth. Pour dressing into a large bowl. Add green beans, lettuce, white beans, parsley, and capers and toss with your hands to coat. Add tuna and gently toss to combine. Transfer salad to a platter.