TURKISH MEATBALLS (KOFTA)
- Tear up bread slices into the bowl of a food processor; process into fine crumbs. Add ground lamb and egg; process until blended. Add parsley, garlic, cumin, mint, allspice, salt, and pepper; process until evenly combined.
- Roll lamb mixture into small meatballs.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook meatballs in batches, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides, 4 to 5 minutes per batch. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180.6 calories, Carbohydrate 4.8 g, Cholesterol 73.9 mg, Fat 11.6 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 13.9 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 284.3 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
TURKISH 'KOFTE' SANDWICH
Sandwich with beef meatballs and yoghurt dressing for a nice warm summer evening. In Turkey they use ground lamb for this. But that's optional..
Provided by Bollie
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Chop onions, 1 clove of garlic and parsley.
- Mix the onions, garlic and parsley with the ground beef and a bit of salt and pepper.
- With your hands make walnut shaped little meatballs.
- You can either grill the meatballs, or cook them in some olive oil.
- In the meantime, mix the yoghurt with garlic and mint.
- Slice tomatoes, lettuce and cucumber.
- Now take a turkish bread (flat, round thick bread) cut in 4 squares, open them and 'butter up' the bread with the yoghurt dressing.
- Put in lettuce tomatoes, cucumbers and meatballs, and finish with some extra yoghurt dressing.
KOFTE - TURKISH MEATBALLS
I learnt to cook rustic dishes from Cyprus, (which I still make today). Here is my ex MIL's recipe for Kofte which I serve in pita bread and a salad.
Provided by SueVM
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a bowl add all the ingredients and lightly combine mixture. Set aside in the fridge for the flavors to meld at least 2 to 4 hours.
- Form the mixture into balls then roll between your palms into sausage shapes.
- Add a little olive oil on a cookie sheet covered with foil and bake for 35 to 45 minutes at 350 degrees or until Kofte is cooked through.
- Serve with pita bread and a salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 564.1, Fat 42.9, SaturatedFat 18.3, Cholesterol 230.3, Sodium 507.7, Carbohydrate 9.6, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 1.9, Protein 32.8
LAMB KöFTE WITH YOGURT SAUCE AND MUHAMMARA
- For yogurt sauce:
- Stir all ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Cover and chill.
- For Köfte:
- Line large rimmed baking sheet with plastic wrap. Gently mix lamb and next 8 ingredients in large bowl. Using moistened hands and scant 2 tablespoonfuls for each, roll meat mixture into 1 1/2-inch meatballs. Arrange on sheet.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Place large sheet of foil on work surface. Heat large nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add flatbreads to skillet 1 at a time; cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Enclose in foil; place in oven to keep warm.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Sauté until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer onions to 1 side of large rimmed baking sheet; place in oven to keep warm.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to same skillet; heat over medium-high heat. Sauté half of meatballs until just cooked through, 7 to 8 minutes. Transfer to baking sheet in oven. Repeat with remaining meatballs, adding oil to skillet if dry. Reserve skillet.
- For muhammara:
- Add roasted peppers to reserved skillet; stir 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup water and 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses. Bring to simmer, scraping up browned bits. Cook until reduced to 2/3 cup, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Mix in parsley. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and more pomegranate molasses, if desired. Transfer to small bowl.
- Arrange onions and meatballs on platter. Serve with warm breads, yogurt sauce, and muhammara.
- Available at some supermarkets, natural foods stores, and Middle Eastern markets.
- ** A thick pomegranate syrup; available at some supermarkets, at Middle Eastern markets, and from adrianascaravan.com.
TURKEY KOFTA KABOBS
My Persian neighbor introduced me to kofta about 20 years ago. His were made of beef and I never actually got his recipe but I'm pretty good at replicating flavors and these came pretty close...and of course using turkey instead of beef makes these a lot lighter.
Provided by Susan
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Combine ground turkey, onion, garlic, cilantro, egg, chile pepper, coriander, paprika, chili powder, and salt together in a large bowl; mix thoroughly.
- Divide turkey mixture into twelve 1/4-cup portions, roll into log-shaped ovals, and place on a baking sheet.
- Grill ovals over indirect heat on middle rack, turning occasionally, until no longer pink in the center, 25 to 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 64.6 calories, Carbohydrate 0.9 g, Cholesterol 41.5 mg, Fat 3.2 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 8.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 40.7 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
More about "turkish kofte sandwich recipes"
BAKED KOFTA PITA SANDWICH, TURKISH STYLE - THE …
5/5 (7)Category EntreeCuisine TurkishTotal Time 35 mins
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the lamb, egg, bread crumbs, and garlic with the salt and the spices. With clean hands, kneed together until all is well-combined.
- Form the lamb mixture into small balls. Push lightly to flatten the meatballs into patties and arrange them about 1 inch apart on a large baking sheet. Do not crowd the kofta patties, use two baking sheets if necessary.
- Bake in the 425 degrees F heated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the kofta patties are well-browned and the center is fully done.
TURKISH KOFTA RECIPE YOU CAN MAKE AT HOME
5/5 (2)Video Duration 10 minCategory Main Course
TURKISH MEATBALLS, KOFTE 101 AND GRATED CARROTS, RED CABBAGE SALAD
SUPERFAST KOFTE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
TURKISH KOFTE MEATBALLS - SLENDER KITCHEN
CHEFS PLATE | FRESH INGREDIENTS & DELICIOUS RECIPES DELIVERED TO …
TURKISH KOFTA KEBAB RECIPE IN OVEN (HOMEMADE) - GIVE RECIPE
TURKISH MEATBALLS - KOFTE - VENTURISTS
MINI TURKISH KOFTE PITAS RECIPE - THE WANDERLUST KITCHEN
RECIPE: “KADıNBUDU KöFTE” – TURKISH LADY’S THIGH MEATBALLS
COMPLETE GUIDE & TURKISH MEATBALL RECIPE - TURKEY'S FOR LIFE
TRADITIONAL TURKISH KOFTE RECIPE | TURKISH STYLE COOKING
KOFTE – TURKISH FOODIE
GRILLED TURKEY KOFTA BURGERS WITH HARISSA YOGURT SAUCE
IZMIR KöFTE – BAKED TURKISH MEATBALLS WITH VEGETABLES | RECIPE | A ...
TURKISH MEATBALLS - KOFTE RECIPE - FOOLPROOF LIVING
TURKISH KOFTE RECIPE LAMB MEAT | RECIPES JOURNEY
IZMIR KOFTE (SMYRNA MEATBALLS) - COOKING GORGEOUS
PASHA’S KOFTA RECIPE: EASY & HOMEMADE (HASAN PAşA KöFTESI)
TURKISH STYLE BEEF KöFTE KEBAB RECIPE | A GOOD CARROT
MOUTHWATERING TURKISH KOFTE SANDWICH RECIPE - RECIPE BOOK
TURKISH KOFTE STEW RECIPE | TURKISH STYLE COOKING
TURKISH STYLE KOFTE IN GARLIC YOGURT SAUCE - FOOD FUSION
BAKLAVA, TURKISH KOFTE KEBABS AND MORE: 5 RECIPES THAT SHALL GIVE …
TURKISH MEATBALLS (KOFTE) WITH LEMON-TAHINI SAUCE
TURKISH KOFTA KABAB – FOOD FUSION
TURKISH LAMB KOFTA KEBABS | RECIPETIN EATS
TURKISH KOFTA KEBAB "KöFTE" - YOUTUBE
KADINBUDU KOFTE; TURKISH LADY’S THIGH MEATBALLS
GRILLED TURKISH SPICED BEEF KOFTE MEATBALL RECIPE - MEATWAVE
TURKISH STUFFED MEATBALL (IçLI KöFTE) RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
TURKISH KOFTA & POTATO IN THE OVEN - TURKISH FOOD TRAVEL
KöFTE | TURKISH MEATBALLS | TURKISH RECIPE - PETER SOMMER TRAVELS
TURKISH LENTIL MEATBALLS (MERCIMEK KöFTESI) | RECIPE | A KITCHEN IN ...
KOFTA PITA SANDWICHES WITH GARLIC TAHINI SAUCE RECIPE - LITTLE SPICE …
TURKISH MEATBALLS: KOFTE IS THE NEW DONER - YOUTUBE
TURKISH KOFTES IN TOMATO SAUCE - CHEF ON RHINE
MOROCCAN BEEF KOFTAS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOMEMADE TURKISH MEATBALLS KOFTE RECIPE - GIVE RECIPE
TURKISH STYLE VEGAN KOFTE KEBABS - CONNOISSEURUS VEG
TURKISH RECIPES: DOMATES SOSLU MISKET KöFTE - TURKEY'S FOR LIFE
Easy Turkish Kofte Sandwiches | Somun Bread Recipe(Turkish Baguette recipe)3.4K views-06:11
Turkish Kofta Kebab "Köfte"525K views-09:58
High Protein Kofte Sandwich103 views-05:09
Turkish Meatballs: Kofte is the New Doner199K views-07:47
Turkish Kofta Kebab Recipe (Köfte) | How To Make Turkish Kofta Kebabs At Home | Turkish Food Recipes887 views-05:38
Homemade Turkish Kofte Kabab Recipe.|| How to make easy kofta kabab. || #210843 views-05:19
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is a Turkish kofte?Kofte is the Turkish term for meatballs and refers to many different meatballs or grilled meat patties on a skewer. The most traditional Turkish kofte recipe uses ground lamb combined with onion, garlic, and spices. It can be made spicy with Aleppo pepper or sometimes that is left out for more mild meatballs.
How do you serve Turkish kofta?You can serve these either on a plate with some pita on the side or in a sandwich bread or in a wrap using lavash or flour tortilla. Although what spices to add in a kofta mixture is up to your taste, the best Turkish kofte has the following spices: salt, cumin, black pepper and dried thyme.
How do you cook köfte?If you have time refrigerate the meatballs for at least 30 minutes to firm them up. When you’re ready to cook your köfte, heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium to high heat. Fry your köfte in batches for around 5 minutes on each side until brown. Rest your köfte on kitchen paper for a couple of minutes before serving.
How to make kofta?Combine ground beef, grated onion, egg, bread crumbs, parsley, salt and spices in a deep bowl, knead until you get a homogenous mixture, Make small meat balls and flatten it by pressing it with your hand, Place the koftes in the oil, fry both sides well done.