- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place turnips into a bowl and generously drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and toss to turn. Spread out onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Turn and cook until cooked through, 5 to 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 99.5 calories, Carbohydrate 11.9 g, Fat 5.6 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 1.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 305.3 mg, Sugar 6.9 g
If you haven't had Turnip Fries then you are really missing out, these amazing low-carb turnip fries are the perfect alternative to fries. They are flavorful and so indulgent.
Provided by Michelle Blackwood, RN
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, spray with oil and set aside. Peel turnip, cut into 1/4 inch matchsticks and place in a medium bowl.
- Toss turnip with olive oil, and add the remaining seasonings. Transfer the seasoned turnips on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 30 minutes or until they are done, turning halfway. Serve immediately.
- Turnips are different from potatoes so don't expect the same crispy texture as potatoes. They have a delicious flavor and a great low carb substitute.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 100, Carbohydrate 9, Fat 7, Protein 1
CRISPY TURNIP 'FRIES'
My daughters and I are on a low-carb diet and were looking for something to curb our 'French fry' cravings. I've heard that turnips can be made into some great 'fries.' I experimented with it and came up with this. You can add whatever spices you'd like.
Provided by Sheila Dull
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with a piece of aluminum foil and lightly grease.
- Peel the turnips, and cut into French fry-sized sticks, about 1/3 by 4 inches. Place into a large bowl, and toss with the vegetable oil to coat. Place the Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, paprika, onion powder in a resealable plastic bag, and shake to mix. Place the oiled turnips into the bag, and shake until evenly coated with the spices. Spread out onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until the outside is crispy, and the inside is tender, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 82.8 calories, Carbohydrate 11.6 g, Cholesterol 3.7 mg, Fat 3.1 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 3.2 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 404.5 mg, Sugar 6.6 g
TURNIP THE DISCO FRIES
Provided by Food Network
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Carefully cut turnips and potato into French-fry-shaped spears using a crinkle cutter if you have one. Place them in a single layer on the baking sheet and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. If needed, use another baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake in the oven until tender on the inside and crispy on the outside, about 30 minutes, carefully flipping spears about halfway through. (The thicker the spears, the longer the bake time.)
- In a small nonstick pot on the stove, heat gravy over a low temperature until hot, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Once cool enough to handle, transfer fries to a microwave-safe plate. Evenly top with strips of cheese. Microwave just until cheese has melted, about 30 seconds. Garnish with chives, if you like, and set aside.
- Give gravy a stir and serve alongside cheese fries. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 284, Fat 1 grams, Sodium 1,058 milligrams, Carbohydrate 58 grams, Fiber 9.5 grams, Protein 13 grams, Sugar 15.5 grams
ROASTED TURNIPS WITH PARMESAN
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, combine turnips, cayenne, nutmeg, and oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss well to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan and toss gently to combine. Arrange turnips in a single layer and roast until golden on both sides, 25 to 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 176 g, Fat 7 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 6 g
- Prepare turnip.
- Heat 3/4 to 1 inch of oil over medium heat, until consistent temperature.
- Put the turnip in the oil and separate the fries from each other with tongs or a fork, so they don't stick together.
- Fry the turnip in batches over medium heat.
- The turnip will float & bubble furiously. They bubble less and less as they approach "cooked".
- Fry until browned around the edges and the surface of the fries is bubbly.
- Wait between batches to let the oil temperature equalize.
- Blot on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Salt & serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 3.4, Sodium 8.2, Carbohydrate 0.8, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 0.5, Protein 0.1
ATKINS LIGHTLY SPICY TURNIP FRIES
- Heat oven to 425°F Cut turnips into 2 x 1/2-inch sticks. Place on a foil-lined jelly-roll pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and chili powder. Toss with your hands to coat. Spread out in a single layer. Roast fries 30 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time for even browning. Serve immediately.
More about "turnip fries recipes"
TURNIP FRIES RECIPE - PUREWOW
2.8/5 Total Time 1 hrServings 6Calories 106 per serving
- Trim the ends from the turnips. Cut each in half widthwise. Cut in half again, and then cut each piece into 2 fat wedges (you'll get about 8 wedges per turnip).
- In a large bowl, toss the turnips with the remaining olive oil. Season with the Old Bay, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
- Arrange the turnips onto the baking sheet in an even layer. Transfer to the oven and roast until the turnips begin to turn golden brown, 15 to 17 minutes.
TURNIP FRIES - THE DR. OZ SHOW
Servings 10Author The Dr. Oz Show
AIR FRYER TURNIP FRIES - CRUMB TOP BAKING
TURNIP FRIES FOR COOKING AND PRESERVING | MY NOURISHED HOME
TURNIP FRIES AIR FRYER RECIPE · THE TYPICAL MOM
GARLICKY TURNIP FRIES WITH POMEGRANATE KETCHUP RECIPE
AIR FRYER TURNIP FRIES - SIMPLY AIR FRYER
TURNIP FRIES RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BAKED TURNIP FRIES RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
KETO FRIES - TURNIP FRIES - KETO RECIPE SWAP
AIR FRYER TURNIPS - HEALTHIER STEPS
TURNIP FRIES - T-FAL ACTIFRY
TURNIP FRIES (LOW CARB/WHOLE30/VEGAN) - EAT THE GAINS
AIR-FRYER TURNIP FRIES - THE DELICIOUS SPOON
CRISPY TURNIP FRIES - SLENDER KITCHEN
AIR FRYER TURNIP FRIES (GREAT FOR WW) - LIFE IS SWEETER BY DESIGN
TOTALLY TURNIP FRIES | HUNGRY GIRL
BAKED TURNIP FRIES (+ AIRFRYER) - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
TURNIP FRIES (JUST FIVE SIMPLE INGREDIENTS) | GIRL HEART FOOD®
TURNIP FRIES | LOW-CARB, SO SIMPLE!
TURNIP FRIES - LIVE NATURALLY MAGAZINE
SPICY OVEN-BAKED TURNIP FRIES RECIPE: TURN UP THE TASTE!
TURNIP FRIES - ROASTED VEGETABLE RECIPES
AIR FRYER TURNIP FRIES (CRISPY) - SHELLY IN THE KITCHEN
TURNIP FRIES | BAKED FRENCH FRIES | MY CRAZY GOOD LIFE
CRISPY ROSEMARY TURNIP FRIES RECIPE - SOLLUNA BY KIMBERLY SNYDER
OVEN BAKED TURNIP FRIES | PALEOMAZING
PAPRIKA BATTERED FISH WITH TURNIP CHIPS | FOOD & HOME MAGAZINE
TURNIP FRIES · IDEAL PROTEIN & KETO RECIPES · IDEALLY YOU
TURNIP FRIES: VEGGIE RECIPE | THE LEAF NUTRISYSTEM BLOG
CRISPY TURNIP FRIES - BAKED - BIGOVEN.COM
INSANELY AWESOME AIR FRYER TURNIP FRIES - LIFE WITH LILIAS
TURNIP FRIES RECIPE / RIVERFORD
TURNIP OVEN FRIES RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
KETO TURNIP FRIES | KETO RECIPES
AIR FRYER TURNIP FRIES – SUGAR FREE LONDONER
LOW CARB TURNIP FRIES - STEP AWAY FROM THE CARBS
TURNIP FRIES RECIPE OVEN - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CRISPY TURNIP FRIES - SUSTAINABLE COOKS
AIR FRYER TURNIPS - PIPING POT CURRY
TURNIP FRIES( LOW CARB, KETO, GLUTEN FREE, PALEO) * EASY KETO DISHES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #for-1-or-2 #5-ingredients-or-less #side-dishes #easy #diabetic #dietary #number-of-servings
You'll also love