Throw a party with Tyler Florence's Cheese Fondue recipe from Food Network, a creamy mixture of Swiss and Gruyï¿½re; serve it with chunks of bread and apples.
Provided by Tyler Florence
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small bowl, coat the cheeses with cornstarch and set aside. Rub the inside of the ceramic fondue pot with the garlic, then discard.
- Over medium heat, add the wine and lemon juice and bring to a gentle simmer. Gradually stir the cheese into the simmering liquid. Melting the cheese gradually encourages a smooth fondue. Once smooth, stir in cherry brandy, mustard and nutmeg.
- Arrange an assortment of bite-sized dipping foods on a lazy Susan around fondue pot. Serve with chunks of French and pumpernickel breads. Some other suggestions are Granny Smith apples and blanched vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and asparagus. Spear with fondue forks or wooden skewers, dip, swirl and enjoy!
Intimidated by fondue? Shake it off, and follow this cheese fondue recipe to add one more party skill to your already impressive repertoire. With this easy cheese fondue recipe, the possibilities are endless and oh-so-tasty! It's a new, fun way to bring the family around the table as fall approaches.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In resealable plastic food-storage bag, place cheeses and flour. Shake until cheese is coated with flour.
- Rub garlic on bottom and side of fondue pot, heavy saucepan or skillet; discard garlic. Add wine. Heat over simmer setting on fondue pot or over low heat just until bubbles rise to surface (do not boil). Stir in lemon juice.
- Gradually add cheese mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly with wire whisk over low heat, until melted. Stir in kirsch.
- Keep warm over simmer setting. If prepared in saucepan or skillet, pour into a fondue pot or heatproof serving bowl and keep warm over low heat. Fondue must be served over heat to maintain its smooth, creamy texture.
- Spear bread and fruit with fondue forks; dip and swirl in fondue with stirring motion. If fondue becomes too thick, stir in 1/4 to 1/2 cup heated wine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 610, Carbohydrate 50 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Fiber 3 g, Protein 35 g, SaturatedFat 17 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 800 mg, Sugar 2 g, TransFat 1 1/2 g
- Simmer wine in fondue pot. Add Swiss cheese, Gruyere cheese, 1/4 pound at a time. Stir after each addition of cheese until melted. Stir in flour. When all the cheese has melted, stir in salt and nutmeg. Serve with cut-up French bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 669.8 calories, Carbohydrate 56.9 g, Cholesterol 91.2 mg, Fat 28.9 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 36.5 g, SaturatedFat 17 g, Sodium 939.8 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
TWO CHEESE FONDUE
My husband and I have jumped on the fondue band wagon during the past year. This recipe is a blend of a number of recipes that I have experimented with.
Provided by Aimee67
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Slice garlic in half and rub the inside of saucepan.
- Put garlic in pan and add white wine.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Meanwhile mix together sherry and cornstarch.
- Slowly add cheese, stirring constantly with whisk.
- Add cornstarch mixture, stirring fondue until thickened.
- Pour into fondue pot.
- Add nutmeg and ground pepper to taste.
- Serve with assorted vegetables, meat, and bread.
FONDUE FOR TWO
For a romantic Valentine's Day dinner or a cozy date night in, serve a pot of this rich, gooey mix of Gruyere and fontina. It's the perfect partner for all kinds of dippers: roasted potatoes, bread cubes and sticks, fennel, apple, salami, you name it.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss potatoes with oil; roast 10 to 12 minutes. Flip; push to one side and add bread cubes. Continue to roast until potatoes are golden and tender and bread is crisp, 8 to 10 minutes more.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon wine. In a small cast-iron pot, heat remaining wine with kirsch over low. Slowly add both cheeses, stirring in one direction until melted. Add nutmeg. In a small bowl, stir together lemon juice, cornstarch, and reserved wine. Slowly stir into pot; continue to cook over low heat, stirring, until mixture thickens and comes together, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a fondue pot; keep warm. Serve with fennel, apple, salami, bread cubes and sticks, and potatoes.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place the cheeses in a large bowl and sprinkle with the cornstarch, tossing to evenly coat the cheese. All cheese fondue recipes should contain some sort of starch, preferably flour or cornstarch; they protect the cheese from separating and curdling when melted.
- Rub the inside of a fondue pot with the cut side of the sliced garlic and then discard. Place the pot over a sterno flame. Add the wine and bring to a gentle simmer, until tiny bubbles begin to rise to the surface, the wine's natural acidity makes the cheese smooth and creamy. Gradually stir the cheese into the simmering wine, allowing each handful to melt before adding another; melting the cheese slowly encourages a smooth fondue. Once the consistency is smooth, stir in the mustard, nutmeg and pepper.
- Plating: Arrange an assortment of bite-size dipping foods, such as chunks of baguette, vegetables, and meats, on a lazy Susan around the fondue pot. Spear with fondue forks or wooden skewers, dip, swirl, and enjoy! If the fondue begins to get too thick during the meal, add some more wine and stir vigorously until the fondue is smooth. Be careful not to let the fondue boil.
More about "two cheese fondue recipes"
EASY CHEESE FONDUE RECIPE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
5/5 (12)Total Time 30 minsCategory Appetizer, DipCalories 140 per serving
- Cut the clove of garlic in half and rub the inside of your saucepan with the garlic. Discard the clove (or save for another use).
- Reduce heat to medium low and add cheese a small handful at a time over low heat until melted. Stir in a figure 8 pattern until smooth before adding more. Do not try to rush this process or your cheese will not melt properly.
CHEESE FONDUE FOR TWO - GUSTO TV
Servings 1Category Mains
ROMANTIC CHEESE FONDUE FOR TWO - LA CREMA
Servings 2-4Estimated Reading Time 4 minsCategory Appetizer, Main
TWO CHEESE FONDUE - ANCHOR CARIBBEAN
CHEESE FONDUE | HOW TO MAKE EASY CHEESE FONDUE AT HOME - …
4.8/5 (61)Calories 343 per servingCategory Appetizer
- Grate all of the cheeses. In a medium bowl, combine the cheeses with the cornstarch, tossing thoroughly to coat all pieces.
- In a stove-safe fondue pot or large heavy saucepan, bring the wine, garlic, and lemon juice to a simmer over medium-low heat. Add the cheeses to the simmering liquid a little at a time, stirring well between each addition to ensure a smooth fondue. Once smooth, stir in the brandy, mustard, and nutmeg.
- Arrange an assortment of bite-size dipping foods on a platter. If necessary, carefully pour the fondue into a fondue pot. Serve with fondue forks or wooden skewers. Dip and enjoy!
SWISS FONDUE FOR TWO - CURIOUS CUISINIERE
4.5/5 (2)Category DinnerCuisine SwissTotal Time 25 mins
- Toss grated cheese with the cornstarch. Add a little of the cheese at a time to the warm wine mixture, stirring until each addition is dissolved before adding more.
- Heat the cheese until thick and smooth, over medium heat. Fondue is done when the cheese runs smoothly off the spoon. (Or forms a film over the center of a spoon with a hole in it.)
TWO-CHEESE-AND-HONEY FONDUE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 2.75Total Time 23 mins
- Bring heavy cream, chicken broth, and honey to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer.
- Meanwhile, combine cheeses, flour, mustard, and pepper in a large bowl. Slowly whisk cheese mixture into simmering broth until melted and smooth. Transfer to fondue pot; keep warm. Serve with desired accompaniments.
GOAT CHEESE FONDUE (DIP): ONLY TWO INGREDIENTS! - CHRISTINA'S …
5/5 (7)Total Time 15 minsCategory AppetizersCalories 209 per serving
- Place the goat cheese and cream into a small pot over medium-low heat. Using a small whisk, stir constantly. It will only take a few minutes until a smooth consistency is reached.
CHEESE FONDUE WITH LAMB DIPPERS - TWO PURPLE FIGS
5/5 (7)Calories 453 per serving
- Start by preparing the American Lamb chunks. Place all ingredients (except butter) in a bowl and toss well.
- Add the lamb shoulder chunks one at time without crowding the pan, and sear the chunks for 2-3 minutes on each side until seared beautifully with a crispy crust. Add the fresh herbs and cover the pan, set aside.
- Make the cheese fondue. rub the pan with the cut off side of the garlic clove all over to infuse the garlic flavor into the pan. Remove the garlic clove and set aside.
10 BEST FONDUE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
- Cheddar Beer Fondue. Fans of beer and cheese dip will love this fragrant beer and cheddar fondue. Instead of the classic brandy that gives traditional fondue its texture, add a mild beer like lager, kölsch, or bock.
- Cheese Fondue with Cognac or Brandy. This classic Swiss fondue pairs perfectly with snowy days. This traditional recipe calls for Kirschwasser, a cherry-based brandy.
- Easy Chocolate Fondue. Use either high-quality semisweet chocolate chips, chopped chocolate bars, or chocolate melting discs for this simple chocolate fondue.
- French Onion Soup Fondue. With a flavor profile similar to French onion soup, this warming fondue tastes fresh and exciting. Gruyere cheese has the same melty texture as your favorite soup topper.
- Vegan Mushroom Fondue. Lovers of plant-based cheese get their fondue fun, too. Nutritional yeast, soy sauce, and miso give this vegan fondue its signature cheesy flavor, while mushrooms add an umami element.
- Halloween Candy Fondue. Use up that leftover Halloween (or Christmas, or Easter, etc.) candy by turning it into a sweet fondue. For a twist, melt each candy variety separately for a different varieties of fondues.
- Hot Crab Fondue. Choose a demure cheese like mild cheddar for hot crab fondue to keep the flavors balanced. Cream cheese keeps this melt silky, while dry white wine, dijon mustard, shallots, and Old Bay seasoning give it a taste that's similar to your favorite chowder.
- Italian Cheese Fondue. Fontina, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheeses give Italian fondue that assertively funky flavor that cheese-lovers go for. Serve it with cubes of bread, vegetables, breadsticks, or cubes of salami for a fun communal spread or to kick off a special feast.
- Fondue Savoyarde. The various cheeses used in different types of fondue give each its own distinct flavor. This Fondue Savoyarde, which hails from the Savoie region of the French Alps, uses Comté, Beaufort, Reblochon, or Abondance.
- Slow Cooker Swiss Fondue. Turn your slow cooker into a fondue pot with this simple Swiss and cheddar cheese version that uses both kirsch and dry white wine to keep it gooey.
CHEESE FONDUE RECIPES - THE CHEESE SHARK
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
CHEESE FONDUE FOR TWO - STONETOWN ARTISAN CHEESE
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
HOW TO MAKE CHEESE FONDUE FOR TWO | EPICURIOUS
Author Katherine SacksEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
CROCKPOT LITTLE DIPPER RECIPES CREAM CHEESE - FOOD NEWS
CHEESE FONDUE - FABULOUS FONDUE - THEWINEBUZZ - …
CHEESE FONDUE RECIPE FOR 2 - SIMPLE CHEF RECIPE
2 INGREDIENT CHEESE FONDUE RECIPE - QUICK & EASY PARTY DIP - DIP …
CHEESE FONDUE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CHEESE FONDUE BEST RECIPES - COOKINGTODAY.NET
CHEESE FONDUE RECIPE FOR TWO PEOPLE - COOKEATSHARE
MELTING POT CHEDDAR CHEESE FONDUE RECIPES
SWISS CHEESE FONDUE RECIPE - MADE WITH TWO TYPES OF CHEESE - …
THE BEST BEST FONDUE RECIPES IN 2021 | WIRECUTTER REVIEWS
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #for-1-or-2 #appetizers #eggs-dairy #dips #cheese #dietary #high-calcium #high-protein #low-carb #high-in-something #low-in-something #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make fondue with cheese?Rub the fondue pot with the garlic clove. In a bowl, combine the cheese and flour. Pour the wine and kirsch in the fondue pot. Heat. Add the cheese and stir over low heat until the mixture is smooth. Season with pepper and nutmeg. Place on the fondue stand.
How do you add cornstarch to fondue?After grating, sprinkle cheese with 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and mix together well. Tip of the Day: Freeze the cheese for approximately 20 minutes for easier grating. Step 2) Set your fondue pot to medium (if electric). Add 1 small garlic clove (minced) to the fondue pot.
What is your favorite Fondue for a birthday party?My family is Swiss, so cheese fondue is a big tradition for birthdays. Made with the best cheese and served with pickled onions and cornichons, it simply doesn't get better! This is my spin on a popular creamy cheese fondue. Have fun with it and incorporate the cheeses and veggies you like.
How to make fondue on a lazy Susan?Directions. Gradually stir the cheese into the simmering liquid. Melting the cheese gradually encourages a smooth fondue. Once smooth, stir in cherry brandy, mustard and nutmeg. Arrange an assortment of bite-sized dipping foods on a lazy Susan around fondue pot. Serve with chunks of French and pumpernickel breads.