VANILLA GLAZE FOR CINNAMON-BUN BITES
Make this glaze while the Cinnamon-Bun Bites are baking. Recipe adapted with permission from "Williams-Sonoma Family Meals: Creating Traditions in the Kitchen," copyright 2009 by Maria Helm Sinskey and Williams-Sonoma, published by Weldon Owen, San Francisco.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 1 cup
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Stir together sugar and salt in a small bowl.
- Whisk together butter, milk, and vanilla, and stir into sugar until mixture forms a smooth paste. Keep glaze at room temperature until ready to drizzle over cinnamon-bun bites. Before using, whisk until smooth.
CONFECTIONERS' SUGAR GLAZE
This versatile glaze is shared by our Test Kitchen. You can make the basic powdered sugar glaze and tint it with food coloring if desired. For chocolate lovers, skip the food coloring and stir in some baking cocoa.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3/4 cup.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, water and vanilla; stir until combined and smooth (mixture will be thick). Tint with food coloring if desired. With a butter knife or small metal spatula, lightly spread glaze on cooled cookies. Let dry for 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts :
BASIC SUGAR GLAZE
- 1. Place the sugar in a medium bowl and slowly stir in the milk and vanilla, a little at a time, to make a smooth, pourable glaze.
- Place the confectioners' sugar and vanilla seeds in a small bowl, add 1 1/2 teaspoons water and whisk together until smooth and thick, but pourable. Add an additional 1/2 teaspoon of water if needed.
VANILLA SUGAR GLAZE
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, hot water, and vanilla and whisk briskly. If the glaze is too thick, add warm water one tablespoon at a time until the icing reaches a thick yet slightly runny consistency. If it becomes too runny, add more powdered sugar 1/4 cup at a time. The glaze can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
A lot of European cookie recipes use vanilla sugar in place of vanilla extract. My mother would make a large canister in August in preparation for her cookie baking season (between Thanksgiving and the beginning of the Christmas holidays).
Provided by Heide F
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Pour the sugar into an airtight container. If the vanilla bean is whole, slice it halfway through the long way, open up the bean, and use a spoon or kitchen knife to scrape out the black gooey specks. Stir the specks into the sugar, and bury the bean pod in the sugar. Cover the jar and let stand for at least 1 week.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 16.7 calories, Carbohydrate 4.3 g, Sugar 4.3 g
- Melt the butter and add to rest of ingredients. Mix until creamy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 15.4 calories, Carbohydrate 3.7 g, Cholesterol 0.2 mg, Fat 0.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 6.7 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
More about "vanilla sugar glaze recipes"
BASIC POWDERED SUGAR GLAZE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
5/5 (11)Category DessertServings 12Total Time 10 mins
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients until smooth, adding enough milk for desired glaze consistency.
ST. LOUIS RIBS WITH VANILLA-BROWN SUGAR GLAZE RECIPE ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
FAST AND EASY WHITE VANILLA COOKIE GLAZE RECIPE
4.4/5 (85)Total Time 5 minsCategory Dessert, Sauce, IngredientCalories 19 per serving
VANILLA GLAZE | MCCORMICK
Cuisine AmericanServings 1
10 BEST COOKING WITH VANILLA SUGAR RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST VANILLA GLAZE WITHOUT POWDERED SUGAR RECIPES | …
SUGAR-FREE GLAZE RECIPE | FOODACIOUSLY
5/5 (5)Total Time 5 minsCategory Sauces & CreamsCalories 2 per serving
BASIC POWDERED SUGAR GLAZE (FLAT ICING) | BAKER BETTIE
4.4/5 (27)Category All RecipesServings 1Total Time 5 mins
- Whisk the ingredients together in a bowl until you have a consistency that can be drizzled. If it becomes too thin, you can add more powdered sugar to thicken it back up.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Allow to come back to room temperature and rewhisk before drizzling.
POWDERED SUGAR GLAZE - THE GUNNY SACK
Reviews 2Calories 59 per servingCategory Frosting
BASIC VANILLA BUTTERCREAM GLAZE RECIPE • THE FRESH COOKY
5/5 (4)Total Time 5 minsCategory FrostingCalories 133 per serving
- In a large mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, add all ingredients, beat on low until combined. Increase speed to medium-high and beat until smooth.
- At this point it's a light, airy, buttercream, which is perfect to ice a cake or quick bread, but keep reading to see how to make this into a pourable icing.
- Simply place buttercream glaze into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds, stirring until desired pourable consistency.
POWDERED SUGAR GLAZE (BASIC CAKE GLAZE) - STRIPED SPATULA
5/5 (2)Total Time 10 minsCategory DessertCalories 120 per serving
- In a bowl, whisk together sifted powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and enough liquid to thin the glaze to your desired consistency for dipping, drizzling, or pouring over your favorite baked goods and pastries. Glaze will be smooth.
- See the FAQ section above for make ahead and storage instructions and the notes below for flavor variations.
VANILLA GLAZE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 0.5Total Time 5 mins
VANILLA GLAZE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
VANILLA GLAZE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 0.5Total Time 5 mins
EASY HOMEMADE BOURBON VANILLA SUGAR GLAZE FOR CAKE RECIPE ...
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 10 minsServings 4Calories 80 per serving
VANILLA GLAZE | VANILLA GLAZE RECIPES, GLAZED ICING RECIPE ...
4.4/5 (583)Total Time 10 minsServings 1
VANILLA GLAZE FOR BUNDT CAKE - ARINA PHOTOGRAPHY
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 10 minsCategory DessertCalories 47 per serving
VANILLA SUGAR GLAZE RECIPES
SUGAR BUTTER GLAZE FOR CAKE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
EASY VANILLA GLAZE ICING (JUST 3 INGREDIENTS + SUGAR-FREE ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you glaze a cake with vanilla and sugar?1 Mix confectioners' sugar, water and vanilla in medium bowl until smooth. If necessary, stir in 1 to 3 additional teaspoons water until glaze is of desired consistency. 2 Drizzle over cooled baked goods or dessert. Let stand until glaze is set.
How do you make a simple sugar glaze?Place the sugar in a medium bowl and slowly stir in the milk and vanilla, a little at a time, to make a smooth, pourable glaze. How would you rate Basic Sugar Glaze?
How to glaze cookies with vanilla and water?Directions In a bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, water and vanilla; stir until combined and smooth (mixture will be thick). Tint with food coloring if desired. With a butter knife or small metal spatula, lightly spread glaze on cooled cookies.
How do you make sugar cookies with vanilla and milk?Place sifted confectioners’ sugar in a small bowl and add 2 tablespoons of milk and vanilla bean paste. Mix until all of the sugar is incorporated. Add additional milk as needed; glaze should be on the thick side. Dip tops of cookies in glaze and allow to dry.