Make this healthy vegan ragu base and turn it into a variety of meals, like warming lasagne, mouth-watering moussaka or a hearty bolognese
Provided by Sophie Godwin - Cookery writer
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Pour 800ml boiling water over the dried porcini and set aside for 10 mins. Meanwhile, pour 1½ tbsp oil into a large pan and gently cook the onion, carrot, celery and a pinch of salt, stirring for 10 mins, until soft. Remove the porcini and roughly chop. Set aside with the liquid.
- Add the garlic and thyme. Cook for 1 min, then stir in the purée and cook for 1 min. Pour in the wine. Cook until reduced, then add the lentils, mushroom stock and tomatoes. Bring to the boil, then reduce and simmer with a lid on.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan. Add the 1½ tbsp oil, then tip in all of the mushrooms. Fry until the water has evaporated and the mushrooms are golden. Pour in the soy sauce and stir, then add the mushrooms to the lentil pan.
- Stir in the Marmite. Cook over a medium heat for 30-45 mins, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are cooked. Remove the thyme and season.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 268 calories, Fat 7 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 30 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 10 grams sugar, Fiber 9 grams fiber, Protein 14 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
- In a large saucepan cook beans in boiling water for 30 minutes until tender. Drain.
- Heat oil, garlic and shallots over medium heat until golden. Add beans and stir until nicely coated with oil. Add chicken stock and simmer until 1/3 liquid remains, about 15 to 20 minutes Add butter and cook until thickened. Finish with grated lemon zest and parsley. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bring cider to a boil and reduce by 3/4. Drizzle on plate.
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
TUSCAN WHITE BEAN RAGOUT
Eaten on it's own, or used in other dishes, this is good! This hearty stew packs lots of flavor and nutrition! Adapted from The Everything Vegetarian Cookbook by Jay Weinstein.
Provided by Sharon123
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Strain the cooking liquid from the beans and reserve(you should have about 2 cups of liquid-add water if necessary to reach this amount). Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until it turns white and fragrant, only aobut 30 seconds. Stir in the onions, rosemary, and chili. Cook gently until the onions are very soft, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the beans and enough bean cooking liquid to make the mixture brothy; simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in the escarole or spinach; simmer until it is all wilted. Add the tomatoes, butter, parsley, and cheese if using. Remove from the heat, and stir until the butter is melted in, adding additional bean liquid as necessary to keep it brothy. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm, drizzled with extra virgin olive oil.
- This stew can be prepared just up to adding wscarole. Refrigerate for up to 3 days. The flavors will marry and the dish will be even better.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1081.1, Fat 111.4, SaturatedFat 18.3, Cholesterol 15.2, Sodium 24.6, Carbohydrate 19.4, Fiber 7.1, Sugar 2.6, Protein 6.4
HERBED BEAN RAGOûT
- Cook haricots verts in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl of ice and cold water, then drain.
- Add edamame to boiling water and cook 4 minutes. Drain in a colander, then rinse under cold water. If using edamame in pods, shell them and discard pods.
- Cook onion, garlic, bay leaf, rosemary, salt, and pepper in oil in a 2- to 4-quart heavy saucepan over moderately low heat, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add carrot and celery and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add white beans and stock and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Add haricots verts and edamame and simmer, uncovered, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Add butter, parsley, and chervil (if using) and stir gently until butter is melted. Discard bay leaf and rosemary sprigs.
SHELL BEAN RAGOUT
Shell beans take less than half the time to cook than their dried counterparts. Look for varieties such as mottled pink and white cranberry beans, also known as borlotti beans; large scarlet runner beans that are mottled and purple, despite the name; and pale yellow cannellini beans.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories vegetables, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a heavy soup pot or Dutch oven, combine the shell beans, onion, crushed garlic clove, bouquet garni and 4 cups water. Bring to a boil. Add salt to taste, reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes. Remove and discard onion and garlic clove.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium skillet and add leeks and celery. Cook, stirring, until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes, and stir in minced garlic. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds to a minute, and add tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until tomatoes have cooked down slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Stir leek and tomato mixture into beans, along with summer squash. Bring back to a simmer and cook 15 minutes, until beans are creamy-tender but intact and the vegetables are soft and fragrant. Taste and adjust seasonings. Remove bouquet garni.
- Ladle ragout into wide bowls. Top each serving with a generous sprinkling of slivered basil leaves and a spoonful of Parmesan.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 275, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 42 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 10 grams, Protein 11 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 821 milligrams, Sugar 8 grams
VEGAN BEAN RAGOUT
- Cook the onion and carrot in oil.
- Stir in the flour and cook for one minute.
- Add the vegetable extract, tomato puree, beans and herbs.
- Mix well and stir until bens are heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 122.8, Fat 0.6, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 310.7, Carbohydrate 24.7, Fiber 6.1, Sugar 3.3, Protein 5.9
More about "vegan bean ragout recipes"
VEGAN TUSCAN BUTTER BEAN RAGOUT - ENTREES - ZARDYPLANTS
Reviews 2Category EntreeCuisine AmericanTotal Time 20 mins
- Start by sauteing your onions in a large pot over medium high heat. I like to use a nonstick pot and a splash of broth or water to cook my onion, but you’re welcome to use oil if you prefer to cook that way. To cook without oil, I just splash a tablespoon of broth or water into the pan whenever the onions start to stick, and stir it around. Saute the onions for 3-4 minutes or until they are relatively translucent and aromatic.
- If your sundried tomatoes are hard, soak them in very hot water for a few minutes, then drain the liquid before chopping them and adding them to the ragout.
- Next, add the mushrooms, bell peppers, and any other similar veggies you’re using (think broccoli, cauliflower, or green beans). Saute for another 3 minutes, then both tomatoes, the broth, and the herbs.
WHITE BEAN AND MUSHROOM RAGOUT - BRAND NEW VEGAN
Reviews 3Category MainCuisine FrenchEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
8-VEGETABLE BEAN RAGOUT - CHATELAINE
WHITE BEAN RAGOUT - ONCE UPON A CHEF
SMOKY EGGPLANT BEAN RAGOUT [VEGAN] - ONE GREEN PLANET
32 VEGAN BEAN RECIPES - KARISSA'S VEGAN KITCHEN
GF VEGAN BEANS AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO RAGOUT
SIMPLE, VEGAN WHITE BEAN RAGOUT — JUST KITCHIN
VEGAN BORLOTTI BEAN RAGù (INSPIRED BY MY ITALIAN …
BEAN STEW-SAUSAGE RAGOUT - VEGAN CRUSH NUTRITION
BUTTER BEAN RAGOUT RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
MUSHROOM, TOMATO & BEAN RAGOUT RECIPE ON ENGLISH …
WHITE BEAN RAGOUT RECIPE | EATINGWELL
HARVEST VEGETABLE & BEAN RAGOûT RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
VEGAN WILD MUSHROOM RAGOUT - VEGAN FOOD & LIVING
38 EASY VEGAN RECIPES YOU CAN MAKE WITH A CAN OF …
EASY VEGAN RAGU - VEGAN AND OIL-FREE RECIPES - ZARDYPLANTS
VEGAN BEAN & LEGUME RECIPES - THE SIMPLE VEGANISTA
THE BEST EVER LENTIL RAGU - IT DOESN'T TASTE LIKE CHICKEN
MUSHROOM & LENTIL RAGU | BEST VEGAN RECIPE - BIANCA ZAPATKA
VEGAN RAGU RECIPE: LENTIL-BASED AND FULL OF FLAVOUR
VEGETARIAN MUSHROOM & CANNELLINI BEAN RAGOUT - TASTY KITCHEN
17 CANNELLINI BEAN RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
VEGAN RAGU AND BUTTER BEAN MASH BY MADELEINE SHAW - HIP
BEAN RAGOUT – RECIPES NETWORK
VEGAN RAGOUT - IVU - INTERNATIONAL VEGETARIAN UNION
VEGETARIAN MUSHROOM & CANNELLINI BEAN RAGOUT RECIPE
VEGAN BUTTERBEAN AND TOMATO RAGOUT - VEGGIECONVERTER
RECIPE FOR RAGOUT - VEGAN & GLUTEN FREE - CLEAN CUISINE
VEGAN TUSCAN BUTTER BEAN RAGOUT | RECIPE | BUTTER BEANS RECIPE, …
17 VEGAN BEAN SOUP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SPICY ROASTED VEGETABLE AND BLACK BEAN RAGOUT WITH POLENTA
2-WAY BEANS AND GREENS RAGOUT RECIPE - PLANTBASED
WHITE BEAN RAGOUT WITH BUTTERNUT SQUASH - OUR SALTY KITCHEN
WHITE BEAN RAGOUT - SOBEYS INC.
VEGAN PASTA WITH BEAN RAGOUT | RECIPE | BEAN PASTA, VEGGIE …
VEGAN MUSHROOM RAGU - CROWDED KITCHEN
QUICK WHITE BEAN RAGÚ - PIMP MY RECIPE
VEGAN CHICKPEA TOMATO RAGU SAUCE - THE VEGAN 8
VEGAN MUSHROOM RAGU RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make bean ragout?Topped with Asiago cheese, this bean ragout dinner for two is perfect for a cool fall night. In a 10-inch skillet heat oil over medium-high. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in zucchini and rosemary; cook and stir 3 minutes more. Stir in beans, broth and tomato.
What is vegan Ragu?Beans and lentils: Sue Quinn’s vegan ragu (all thumbnails by Felicity Cloake). Or, rather, the meat substitute. Traditionally, such ragus are made from minced beef, not too lean, and often in combination with cured and/or minced pork and sweet, earthy chicken livers – a combination that doesn’t immediately suggest plant-based alternatives.
What are the best vegan recipes?Layers of warm refried beans, queso, guacamole, and pico de gallo in this recipe will look impressively made and will leave you dreaming about it for days afterward. 4. Vegan White Bean "Chicken" Parmesan Yep, the "chicken" patties in this tasty recipe are made from cannellini beans! Absolute wizardry, I say. 5. Easy Vegan Chickpea Curry
What is the best way to cook beans and mushrooms?Add mushrooms, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are very tender, about 10 minutes. Add tomatoes and juices and cook until the mixture starts to thicken, about 10 minutes. Stir in beans and cook until beans are warmed through, about 10 minutes.