VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP (FALL APART BEEF!)
Recipe VIDEO above. Melt-in-your-mouth chunks of beef, vegetables and potato in a hearty herb infused broth. You'll love how the soup broth is slightly thickened and the extra flavour the wine or beer adds to the soup (the secret ingredient!). 20 minutes active cook/prep.
Provided by Nagi
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Heat 1 tbsp oil until very hot in a large, heavy based pot over high heat.
- Pat beef dry with paper towels, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Brown beef aggressively in 2 or 3 batches, adding more oil if needed. Remove browned beef into a bowl.
- If pot looks dry, add a touch more oil.
- Add garlic and onion, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add carrot and celery, cook for 2 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Stir in flour, then slowly pour in beef broth while constantly stirring.
- Add beer, water, tomato paste, bay leaves and thyme, stir well. Then add the beef back in.
- Cover, adjust heat to medium low so it's bubbling gently. Simmer 1 hr 15 min or until beef is pretty tender.
- Add potatoes and peas, simmer for a further 20 minutes without the lid. Add cooked mushrooms in the last 5 minutes.
- The soup is ready when the potatoes are cooked and beef is very tender (see video).
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste (I like lots of pepper in this!).
- Ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with crusty bread if desired. Try quick Cheesy Garlic Bread or super easy Irish Soda Bread!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 419 kcal, Carbohydrate 32 g, Protein 28 g, Fat 19 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Sodium 473 mg, Fiber 6 g, Sugar 6 g, ServingSize 1 serving
CHUNKY VEGGIE BEEF SOUP
This chunky soup is loaded with tender beef stew meat, carrots, potatoes and green beans-and it sure is tasty! A little steak sauce and garlic powder season the broth perfectly. -Jimmy Osmon of Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 servings (about 3-1/4 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat in oil until no longer pink; drain. Add the broth, water and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. , Add the potatoes, carrots, celery, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender., Add corn and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5-10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 227 calories, Fat 7g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 49mg cholesterol, Sodium 584mg sodium, Carbohydrate 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CHUNKY BEEF VEGETABLE SOUP
For a satisfying lunch or dinner, serve bowls of this thick soup with fresh-baked bread. Brimming with chunks of veggies, it's easy to stir together on a chilly day. -Lorraine Caland, Shuniah, Ontario
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8-10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large saucepan, combine the beef mix, tomato juice, consomme, potatoes, celery, carrots, peas and sugar. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables and rice are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 149 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 16mg cholesterol, Sodium 618mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
CHUNKY BEEF AND VEGETABLE SOUP
Nothing cures the winter blahs like good comfort food, including this beef vegetable soup I invented one chilly day. Serve with crusty bread or rolls. -Billy Hensley, Mount Carmel, Tennessee
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (3 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Sprinkle beef with 1/2 teaspoon each salt, seasoning blend and pepper. In a Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Brown beef in batches. Remove from pan., In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add carrots, onion and peppers; cook and stir until carrots are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer., Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf and remaining seasonings. Return beef to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 2 hours., Add potatoes; cook 30-40 minutes longer or until beef and potatoes are tender. Skim fat and discard bay leaf.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 312 calories, Fat 10g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 55mg cholesterol, Sodium 695mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CHUNKY BEEF AND VEGETABLE SOUP
- Soak beans in cold water to cover by 2 inches in a bowl at room temperature at least 8 hours, or quick-soak (see cooks' note, below). Drain in a colander.
- Pat shanks dry and sprinkle with pepper and 1 teaspoon salt. Heat oil in a wide 6- to 8-quart heavy pot over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then brown shanks (in batches if necessary), turning, about 6 minutes total, and transfer with tongs to a bowl.
- Cook onion in fat remaining in pot over moderate heat, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add browned meat along with any juices accumulated in bowl, carrots, 8 cups water, beef broth, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and simmer, covered, until meat is very tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove shanks with a slotted spoon and transfer to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, cut meat into 1-inch pieces, discarding bones, and return meat to soup.
- Meanwhile, simmer lima beans in remaining 4 cups water in a 4-quart saucepan, covered, until just tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Drain in colander.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1-inch cubes, then add to soup with lima beans and tomatoes with their juice and simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Add cabbage and green beans and simmer, uncovered, until tender, about 5 minutes.
HOMEMADE VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP
My mom made this soup when I was young. I have always loved her soups. When I was able to start cooking by myself I fell in love and have added and taken items away, but my fiance love my soups. And he isn't even big on soups. I hope your family enjoys the soup as much as mine does.
Provided by renee
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Mix beef broth and beef stew meat in a large pot over medium heat. Bring broth to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and cook beef at a simmer until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Stir corn, green beans, tomato sauce, and tomato paste with the beef. Pour tomato-vegetable juice cocktail into the pot; season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook for 5 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 177.5 calories, Carbohydrate 18.3 g, Cholesterol 35.9 mg, Fat 4.6 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 16.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 987.9 mg, Sugar 7.6 g
CHUNKY VEGETARIAN VEGETABLE SOUP (FAST AND EASY)
I make this super-easy vegetarian vegetable soup about every other week. It's thick and hearty, almost like a stew. Served with warm whole grain bread it makes a filling meal. Use green peas or green peas in place of okra if preferred.
Provided by jbr319
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and celery in hot oil until onion is softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir garlic into the onion mixture; cook and stir until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Pour vegetable broth and tomato sauce into pot. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir carrots and potatoes through the broth. Simmer until carrots are tender, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Drop corn, edamame, okra, and kale into the soup. Continue to simmer until okra is tender, 5 to 10 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 113.7 calories, Carbohydrate 19.7 g, Fat 3.3 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 0.4 g, Sodium 436.1 mg, Sugar 5.6 g
CROCKPOT CHUNKY VEGETABLE SOUP
- Place all ingredients in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 127.2, Fat 0.9, SaturatedFat 0.3, Cholesterol 0.3, Sodium 990.8, Carbohydrate 25.1, Fiber 5, Sugar 6.9, Protein 5.9
SKINNY CHUNKY VEGETABLE BEEF BARLEY SOUP
84% less sat fat • 17% more Vitamin A than the original recipe. Starving? Enjoy this chunky and beefy soup that won't leave you looking either chunky or beefy.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add meat; cook and stir until meat is browned. Stir in broth, onion, celery, oregano, garlic, pepper, and bay leaf. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours for beef or 45 minutes for lamb.
- Stir in frozen vegetables, undrained tomatoes, parsnip, and barley. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes more or until meat and vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 210, Carbohydrate 24 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 5 g, Protein 13 g, SaturatedFat 2 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 400 mg, Sugar 3 g, TransFat 0 g
CROCK POT CHUNKY BEEF VEGETABLE SOUP
Prep time: 15 min * Cook time: 8 hours * 8-9 Servings in this crock pot meal. I haven't made it yet, but will update when I do. Simple and straightforward meal that will make itself. Just add sourdough bread, or maybe spoon it into sourdough bowls!
Provided by YiayiaMouse
Yield 8-9 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Line crockpot with a liner, if desired.
- Add vegetable juice and water to crock pot.
- Add beef, then vegetables, ketchup and bouillon.
- Stir together, (don't tear liner, if using one).
- Cook on LOW 8-9 hours or HIGH 4-5 hours.
- Stir together before serving.
- WARNING: DO NOT LIFT LINER OUT OF CROCK POT! It WILL tear!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 358.6, Fat 12.3, SaturatedFat 4.7, Cholesterol 38, Sodium 501.8, Carbohydrate 47, Fiber 11.2, Sugar 5.5, Protein 20
More about "vegetable beef chunky soup recipes"
CHUNKY VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
Servings 8Total Time 45 minsCategory Dinner
- Brown ground chuck and onion, in batches, in a large Dutch oven over medium-high, stirring 5 to 8 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well, and return to Dutch oven. Stir in salt, black pepper, and beef broth; bring to a boil.
- Stir in mixed vegetables and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer at least 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
CROCKPOT BEEF BARLEY SOUP - THE CHUNKY CHEF
10 BEST MINCED BEEF VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST HEALTHY CHUNKY VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE HEARTY VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP | KITCHN
CHUNKY BEEF AND VEGETABLE SOUP | FOOD TO LOVE
SLOW COOKER VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP - SPEND WITH PENNIES
V8 CHUNKY VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP RECIPE - THE …
OLD FASHIONED VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
SIMPLE POUR OVER IDEAS WITH CHUNKY SOUP
CHUNKY BEEF STEW (MADE IN ONE POT!) - KATHRYN'S KITCHEN
WEGMANS - CHUNKY SOUP, VEGETABLE BEEF CALORIES, CARBS
CHUNKY BEEF AND VEGETABLE SOUP - PLAIN.RECIPES
CHUNKY BEEF AND VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
CAMPBELL'S VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP - COPYKAT RECIPES
BEEF BONE BROTH-BASED VEGETABLE SOUP. | ISLAND SMILE
QUICK VEGETABLE GROUND BEEF SOUP - I WASH YOU DRY
BEEF WITH COUNTRY VEGETABLES SOUP - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
SLOW COOKER CHUNKY BEEF VEGETABLE SOUP | REYNOLDS BRANDS
SLOW COOKER CHUNKY BEEF VEGETABLE SOUP - PLAIN CHICKEN
BEEF BONE VEGETABLE SOUP BEST RECIPES
CHUNKY VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CHUNKY VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP RECIPE | RECIPE | BEEF SOUP RECIPES, …
EASY VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP - BUDGET BYTES
HARDY BEEF & VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE – MY ROI LIST
CROCK POT CHUNKY BEEF VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE - MAGIC SKILLET
VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP - SPEND WITH PENNIES
CHUNKY BEEF VEGETABLE SOUP | RECIPE | RECIPES, VEGETABLE SOUP …
CHUNKY VEGETABLE SOUP IN THE SOUP MAKER - HEALTHY MEALS FAST
CHUNKY VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP | A MIND "FULL" MOM
VEGETABLE BEEF CHUNKY SOUP : GLORIOUS SOUP RECIPES
CHUNKY VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CHUNKY VEGETABLE BEEF POURED OVER PASTA RECIPE - COOK WITH …
CHUNKY VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE: CREATE YOUR OWN - FINECOOKING
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you Make Your beef soups?Cook the beef in a large soup pot. I prefer my Lodge Dutch Oven, I’ve had it for 7 years and make all of my soups in it! Drain the beef and add in the garlic and onions and saute until the onions are translucent. Then add in your chopped potatoes. I like my soup rustic, so I leave the peels on. This is totally optional.
What is vegetable beef soup?A hearty Vegetable Beef Soup with melt-in-your-mouth slow cooked chunks of beef, potato and vegetables simmered in a herb infused savoury broth. You’ll love how the broth of this beef soup recipe is slightly thickened so it’s like gravy and has extra flavour from a secret ingredient! So many beef soups are watery and dull. Not this one!!!
What are some good recipes to make with beef broth?If pot looks dry, add a touch more oil. Add garlic and onion, cook for 2 minutes. Add carrot and celery, cook for 2 minutes or until onion is translucent. Stir in flour, then slowly pour in beef broth while constantly stirring. Add beer, water, tomato paste, bay leaves and thyme, stir well.
How do you make V8 vegetable stew?1 64oz container of V8 Original Vegetable Juice 4 cups water 1 medium onion diced Minced Garlic 1. 5-2 lbs stew meat or chuck roast cut into chunks 2-3 Russet Potatoes, chopped 1 bag of frozen Cut Green Beans 1 bag of frozen Kernel Corn 1 bag of frozen sliced carrots.