These appetizing Vegetable Patties are a delicious treat. They are loaded with potatoes, carrots, corn, green beans, and peas, and cooked in flavorful Indian spices! They are vegan, gluten-free, and taste amazing! No need to look any further for the vegetable patties recipe because this is exactly what you're looking for! Making healthy choices is never an easy task. When you're in the home stretch of your workouts, nothing can throw you off course quite like a craving for nourishment that isn't good for your body. However, when you use these vegetable patties, you won't have to worry...
Provided by Michelle Blackwood, RN
Number Of Ingredients 23
- Place potatoes in a pot of cold water and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer for about 20 minutes until potatoes are soft. Meanwhile, prepare vegetables. Preheat oven 400 degrees F and lightly spray baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and ginger, saute until onions are softened about 3 minutes. Add cumin, turmeric, cilantro, carrot, peas, green beans, corn, and salt. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- When potatoes are tender, drain them using a colander and rinse with cold water. Mash potatoes with a potato masher or a fork, add cooked vegetables and stir to fully combine. Shape mix into balls, then flatten.
- Combine gluten-free flour in a bowl with coconut flour and a pinch of salt.
- Dip patties in flour mix, place on a greased baking sheet. Brush or spray with oil. Bake for 40 minutes, turning halfway.
- Drain and rinse sunflower seeds. Place sunflower seeds in a high-speed blender along with water, tahini, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Process until smooth and creamy. Scrape down the side of the blender and process again. Keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 129, Carbohydrate 15, Fat 6, Protein 4
TASTY VEGGIE PATTIES
Here's a delightful entree with a healthy dose of vegetables. "I like making these savory patties for a quick dinner," notes Rosie Hostetler of Sumter, South Carolina.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Shape into four patties. In a large skillet, cook patties in oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 168 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 65mg cholesterol, Sodium 423mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
MORGAN'S VEGGIE PATTIES
- In a medium saute pan over medium heat, add 1-ounce olive oil and all raw vegetables except beans. Saute until translucent. Remove and cool.
- Add veggies to beans and mix thoroughly. Add all dry ingredients along with the egg. Thoroughly mix all ingredients and form into 4 patties, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In saute pan add 1-ounce olive oil, and cook patties 2 to 3 minutes per side.
ROOT VEGETABLE PATTIES
- Combine all ingredients except oil in a bowl. Heat 2 tablespoons canola oil in a large nonstick skillet then drop 4 mounds of vegetables using about 1/2 of the veggie mix into the pan and flatten each mound a bit. Cook patties 3 to 4 minutes on each side, drain on paper towels and repeat with remaining oil and vegetables to make 8 patties, total. Serve at room temperature.
JAMAICAN VEGGIE PATTIES
Get ahead on your party nibbles with these freezable Jamaican veggie patties. You can then simply pop them in the oven when the party is about to start
Provided by Shivi Ramoutar
Categories Snack, Starter
Yield Makes 40 mini patties
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat the oil in a deep saucepan over a medium heat and cook the onion with a small pinch of salt for 8-10 mins, stirring regularly until softened. Add the garlic, 2 tsp of the curry powder and the herbs, and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the mixed vegetables, stock, sugar and hot pepper sauce, if using. Turn the heat up to high, bring the mixture to the boil, then reduce the the heat to low, cover and simmer for about 10 mins. Add the bread, then continue to simmer over a low heat for another 8-10 mins, stirring occasionally until thickened. Taste for seasoning and leave to cool.
- Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured surface to a 5mm thickness. Stamp out 16-20 circles (about 8cm in diameter) using a biscuit cutter, then spoon the cooled filling over one half of each pastry circle. Fold the other half of the pastry over to enclose the filling and create a semi-circle then crimp the edge with a fork to seal. To freeze, put the patties on a baking tray lined with baking parchment and open-freeze until solid. Transfer to a freezer bag, seal and freeze for up to two months. Defrost in the fridge overnight before using or bake the patties from frozen.
- Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Arrange the patties on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Whisk the turmeric and remaining 1 tsp curry powder into the beaten egg, then brush this over the patties. Bake for 18-20 mins (or 25 mins from frozen) until the pastry is golden and cooked through, then serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 72 calories, Fat 4 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 6 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 1 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 1 grams protein, Sodium 0.1 milligram of sodium
These are really good for a side dish or for a lite lunch with a salad. I got the recipe from Prevention. You can cook them and eat them right away, or freeze them and heat them up later.
Provided by A la Carte
Yield 24 small, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a 10" non stick skillet, combine the mush, stock, onions and garlic. Cook, stirring over medium high heat for 10 mins or until the mush release their liquid.
- Add the potatoes and broccoli, cook, stirring for 5 mins or until the broc is soft. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add the swiss, parm, eggs, thyme and salt to the bowl. Mix well and form into small patties.
- Place the bread crumbs on a plate and dip the patties in the crumbs, patting to make sure the crumbs adhere.
- Wash and dry the skillet. Coat with non stick spray and place over med-high heat until hot. Add the patties, working in batches. Cook for 5 minutes Turn and cook for 5 more or until golden brown.
- Freeze on a tray for several hours. Pack in a plastic bag. Thaw overnight in fridge. Place in 12" skillet, cover and cook over med high for 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 343.7, Fat 13.5, SaturatedFat 7, Cholesterol 136.5, Sodium 665.6, Carbohydrate 36.5, Fiber 4.6, Sugar 4.8, Protein 20.5
These bear no resemblance to hamburgers other than being delicious in a bun with the same sort of topping. The "batter" will keep, covered, in the fridge, for up to a week making this an extremely convenient and delicious lunch or quick supper dish, or you can make tiny ones and serve as an appetizer. NOTE: I continue to make these regularly, and not surprisingly, don't make them the same every time. I often omit the Jalapeno and ginger, and instead add an extra grated zucchini and a tablespoon of mild curry powder.
Provided by Jenny Sanders
Yield 6 patties, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Mix the seasonings with the chick pea flour.
- Slowly mix in the water, working well to remove all lumps.
- Stir in the vegetables.
- It is best to let the batter sit for 1 hour or more, although they can be cooked at once.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat, and spoon in the batter to form patties.
- Fry until browned on each side, about 5 minutes per side.
- Do two or three at a time.
- Add 1 tbsp more oil for the second batch.
- These are nice served with tamarind sauce or even a steak sauce like H.P.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 165.8, Fat 6.4, SaturatedFat 0.8, Sodium 411.9, Carbohydrate 21.8, Fiber 3.8, Sugar 3.6, Protein 6.3
MUSHROOM VEGGIE PATTIES
These flavor-packed veggie patties are shaped and served like kotlet, Iranian-style meat patties, and prepared like kookoo, an Iranian dish similar to a frittata. But unlike a frittata, kookoo is more about the vegetable- or herb-based filling than the eggs, of which there are just enough to bind the mixture. This recipe uses finely minced mushrooms that are gently spiced with a touch of turmeric, oregano and fresh parsley. You can serve these patties hot off the stove or at room temperature, with flatbread and accompaniments. For the perfect bite, wrap a patty in a piece of bread with something tangy, like pickled onions and peppers, and something fresh, like lettuce leaves or fresh herbs. To get vegetarian recipes like this one delivered to your inbox, sign up for The Veggie newsletter.
Provided by Naz Deravian
Yield About 16 patties
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Line a sheet pan with paper towels and set aside.
- Place the mushroom caps and stems in the bowl of a food processor and process, scraping down the sides, until the mushrooms are finely minced into something of a paste, almost resembling ground meat. (You can also mince as finely as possible with a knife.)
- Transfer the minced mushrooms to a large bowl. Add the parsley, garlic, salt, turmeric, oregano and pepper, and stir to combine. Add the flour and stir to combine. Beat in the eggs one at a time, stirring until the eggs are well combined and the batter has the consistency of loose yogurt.
- In a large pan with a lid, heat the oil over medium-high. Reduce the heat to medium, and dip two spoons in the hot oil so they're slightly greased up. Using the spoons, drop two tablespoons of batter into the oil to make one patty. With the back of a spoon, even out and shape the patty into an oval as best as you can. Repeat with as many patties as you have room for in the pan. Cover and cook the patties on one side until you see the edges setting and crisping up, about 5 minutes. (You should hear sizzling sounds.) Very carefully lift the lid so you don't get splattered, and use a spatula and spoon to flip the patties. Cover and cook until the other side is golden brown and the patties are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to the prepared sheet pan and repeat with any remaining batter, adding more oil if needed.
- Serve the mushroom patties hot or at room temperature with trimmings.
More about "veggie patties recipes"
20 BEST VEGGIE BURGER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
Author Hayley SuggEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
VEGGIE BURGER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
VEGGIE PATTIES - FOOD HERO
VEGGIE PATTIES – REAL KETONES
CHICKPEA VEGGIE PATTIES (KID-FRIENDLY VEGETABLE PATTIES + VIDEO)
FAVORITE VEGGIE BURGERS RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
10 BEST HEALTHY VEGETABLE PATTIES RECIPES | YUMMLY
VEGGIE BURGERS | RECIPETIN EATS
VEGETABLE PATTIES RECIPE AND TIPS FOR VEGETABLE LOVERS
VEGETABLE PATTIES RECIPE, VEGETARIAN CUTLETS OR PATTIES
THE 9 BEST VEGGIE BURGER RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
12 GREATEST HOMEMADE VEGGIE PATTIES EVER - ONE GREEN PLANET
QUICK AND CRISPY VEGETABLE FRITTERS - JUST A TASTE
10 BEST BAKED VEGETABLE PATTIES RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY VEGGIE PATTIES FOR PLANT-BASED BURGERS - FORKS OVER KNIVES
19 OF OUR FAVORITE VEGGIE BURGER RECIPES - FORKS OVER KNIVES
EASY VEGGIE PATTIES RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
MY VEGGIE PASTIES | JAMIE OLIVER VEGETABLE RECIPES
VEGETABLE PATTIES WITH KALE & SWEET POTATO - IRENA MACRI
25 VEGAN PATTIES IDEAS | VEGAN RECIPES, VEGETARIAN RECIPES, VEGAN …
VEGGIE PATTIES RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
HOMEMADE VEGGIE BURGERS | JAMIE OLIVER BURGER RECIPES
EASY CHICKEN VEGGIE PATTIES - CHARISSE YU
VEGGIE PATTIES RECIPE (CLEAN EATING SIDE DISH) | NATURAL …
LEVI ROOTS' VEGETABLE PATTIES | CARIBBEAN RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
JAMAICAN VEGETABLE PATTIES (VEGAN) - DOMESTIC GOTHESS
15 VEGGIE BURGER RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
VEGGIE PATTIES - VEGAN AUSTRALIA
HEALTHY VEGETARIAN BURGER RECIPES | EATINGWELL
VEGGIE PATTIES (GLUTEN FREE) - SIMPLE VEGAN BLOG
VEGGIE PATTY RECIPES - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
CHICKEN VEGETABLE BOX PATTIES | VERY EASY AND SIMPLE RECIPE
BEAN AND VEGGIE PATTIES RECIPE | EATINGWELL
VEGGIE BURGER RECIPE - JUST 6 INGREDIENTS!
JAMAICAN VEGGIE PATTIES RECIPE - 101 COOKBOOKS
VEGAN BURGER PATTIES RECIPE • VEGGIE SOCIETY
THE BEST VEGGIE BURGER (BETTER THAN STORE-BOUGHT)
THE BEST VEGGIE BURGER RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
BEST VEGGIE BURGER RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
EASY VEGGIE POTATO PATTIES RECIPE - EVERYDAY DISHES
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #healthy #appetizers #lunch #main-dish #beans #canadian #easy #beginner-cook #vegan #vegetarian #stove-top #dietary #gluten-free #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #healthy-2 #ontario #free-of-something #low-in-something #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make vegetable patties with vegetables?Vegetable Patties. 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped in large chunks. 1 tablespoon coconut oil, extra for brushing patties. 1/4 cup onion, chopped. 2 cloves garlic. 1 teaspoon ginger. 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin. 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, powder.
What are the best veggie burgers to make?The best veggie burger recipes Mexican bean burgers with lime yogurt & salsa Chickpea & coriander burgers Halloumi aubergine burgers Smoky sweet potato patties Beetroot & feta patties Garlic & mushroom burgers Kale and quinoa patties Green burgers 5-a-day burger
What are chicken veggie patties?These chicken veggie patties are a homemade chicken nugget recipe with added nutrients. I'm well aware store-bought nuggets definitely has its time in place, but I wanted to give you a homemade option to try! Best of all, it's all great ingredients and not processed! Meets Texture Requests - This recipe is quite versatile.
What are some easy Veggie recipes for beginners?Crispy, easy veggie cakes are made with grated vegetables – carrots, zucchini, broccoli and corn for a touch of sweetness. Vegetarian recipes don’t have to be bland or boring and this reader favorite is proof. Savory veggie patties are a tasty way to get more vegetables into your diet, especially if you have picky eaters.